Is Disney Alienating you?

I would have to ask, if you're upset about "decent wages," do you shop at Wal-Mart? Wear clothes made in Bangladesh at all?
I buy clothes from an Australian brand . Not ideal but it is what is . I do not shop at wal mart! I saw lots of posts on fb just wondering.

No as far as I am concernsed it is what it has always been a business. A business exists to make money. It has always been expensive it should be it is a luxury not a necessity. Customer service is hit or miss it always has beet hey empty people some are good some not so much.

No as far as I am concernsed it is what it has always been a business. A business exists to make money. It has always been expensive it should be it is a luxury not a necessity. Customer service is hit or miss it always has beet hey empty people some are good some not so much.

There are ethical and not so ethical business. And where I work is ethical and open minded. Took 5 years to find one but its a fantastic working place

Only in the sense that they are pricing my out of the place. I'm retired and what money I have has to last me an undetermined amount of time. The higher the prices go the less inclined I am to go there. It isn't worth it anymore. Instead of every year or more, it will, at best be two or more years between visits and as I get older, I'll be 69 in July, I don't know if my health will hold up. It seems like something new shows up everyday. If I can go physically I'll go, but, I think that my time and frequency is forcibly changing.

No, I accept that it is a business. People get all riled up about the cabanas or the park to park pay bus. Those don't affect my experience, if some people want to pay for it, go ahead.

I am fortunate to have DVC so I don't worry about room costs. I also have the option of a DVC gold AP since I don't go around Easter or Christmas, saves quite a bit. What they pay their employees isn't my concern, that's their choice. I was there twice this year, didn't have a problem with ride breakdowns.

I don't feel alienated, but I've been annoyed with a lot of Disney's decisions over the last few years. Business or not, the constant upsell is tacky and desperate. I wouldnt mind all these pay to plays if the basic guest experience was still the same, but it is not. Too much has disappeared and continues to disappear with nothing to replace it, cast has been cut, technology and rides are outdated, and buildings are in obvious need of repair. I think that they've forgotten that they're in the business of making magic. Do that and the money will follow. I'll never understand the uptick in business apologists over the last 10 years. All it does is give bussinesses the green light to behave however they want in the all consuming quest for money, and John and Jane Q. Public are supposed to acquiesce because why? People still have agency in this world.

When I think of what WDW offered 10 years ago vs now, yes, I feel a bit alienated. Gone are PI with the Adventurer's Club and Comedy Warehouse, New Year's every night and the band, Off Kilter, the WS Players. Park Hoppers were all non-expiring as were the Plus features. Opening shows at all the parks etc. etc. It seems like the Disney suits are trying to see how little they can offer without driving me away.

Bill From PA

Nope, been going for over 30 years and still love it. Everything changes, just about everywhere offers up charges. Heck when we go on a dive trip we can use air or for an upcharge we can use nitrox, which will allow us to stay down longer (you can't go as deep and you have to certified, which costs you as well). Heck even the local chicken place charges you extra now if you want an extra sauce and they didn't used to.

When I think of what WDW offered 10 years ago vs now, yes, I feel a bit alienated. Gone are PI with the Adventurer's Club and Comedy Warehouse, New Year's every night and the band, Off Kilter, the WS Players. Park Hoppers were all non-expiring as were the Plus features. Opening shows at all the parks etc. etc. It seems like the Disney suits are trying to see how little they can offer without driving me away.

Bill From PA

It does seem to be losing it's shine, doesn't it? Like Disney doesn't want to put the effort into keeping the extra sparkle we used to experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter