Is DIS Beach Club Worth it?

dinkydee718

Earning My Ears
Is it worth paying $2k more to stay at Disney Beach Club with Club access instead of Deluxe room at Wilderness Lodge with Club access? My gut says, "No," but I haven't stayed at DIS in years.

I wouldn't pay that difference. However, WL villas are under construction. You should be away from it in the Deluxe rooms, but the villas will be effected. I also think some beach and the villa pool (which may effect overflow to the main pool) are effected. Note too that the deluxe rooms are not on the same floor as the lounge at WL.

Also, are you evenly dividing yourself among the parks, or is one location more preferred than the other because of where you plan to visit?

I have been to enough resorts that I look for the deal, which makes be balk at a $2,000 difference. However, given construction and the proximity of the deluxe rooms to the lounge, I would be looking for a different deal, if one were out there.

Is it worth paying $2k more to stay at Disney Beach Club with Club access instead of Deluxe room at Wilderness Lodge with Club access? My gut says, "No," but I haven't stayed at DIS in years.

You will get a lot of different opinions, but for us, it would not be worth it. We've stayed at both resorts (although CL at just WL) and I would stick with the WL, even with construction. I'm glad we tried the BC, but we prefer the WL/MK area over the BC/Epcot area.

We've done CL at both BC and WL (CL, not Deluxe) and no, no way on earth would it be worth it. We loved WL CL. We found BC CL eh. I don't see us back there again. We'll be back at WL CL for sure.

And the construction on the Villa side wouldn't deter me one bit. Resort side and Villa side are far enough removed that it's not going to be an issue.

Absolutely not. We stayed at WL in August and BC in October this year, and the BC is not worth the extra cost at all IMO.

You will get a lot of different opinions, but for us, it would not be worth it. I'm glad we tried the BC, but we prefer the WL/MK area over the BC/Epcot area.

Absolutely agree! We much prefer the MK area as well. The WL is a beautiful resort with a great CL. The rooms are a little smaller than the BC rooms, but not by very much.

I would worry a little about the construction .....

That is a huge price difference, however. I would consider the WL as an option Even if the price difference was much less. With that savings, I would probably choose the WL, BUT keep a close eye on what is happening with the construction.

RookieLady makes a good point! It is worth watching for other deals. A monorail resort is a great option if it comes within your price range!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter