Is crystal palace worth it???

PaMumof4

Earning My Ears
I have ADR for the Crystal Palace breakfast my first day, but it's at 9:10. I would love to move it, but I have a large party. Is it worth it to keep the reservation, or should I eat at the hotel?

It depends how you value "worth." We did an 8:25 on a 8AM open day. It was "worth it" for us.

1. Eeyore is next to impossible to find elsewhere. His M&G at MNSSHP tends to be a longer wait than we'd rather.

2. My kids love the breakfast.

3. We still were able to walk on to Jungle Cruise, Aladdin and Pirates right after.

If you want to hit Fantasyland early and hard, it's a bad choice. If you plot FP+ and don't expect to walk onto 7DMT after breakfast and want to meet Pooh? It's worth it.

Our favorite brft at WDW!! If you can move it to later brft, that would be better, but it a good one. Setting is beautiful across from the castle, great brft w/chef doing made-to-order omelettes and yummy puffy french toast, and as PP mentioned, you don't see Eeyore or Piglet much otherwise. Tigger is my fave, so I am a little biased - will not miss bouncing with him!:tigger: Is this your first trip? It depends on what your plans are and what time of year it is as well, and what ages/interests you have in your party. If it is a busy time, not as great for taking up early park time. If you have Fp set up for your prime three rides that will have lines later(like SDMT, PP, and any of the Mountains) that will help you. Also, do you have another day at MK to jump on rides early? I am guessing it is a 9am open? If so, get there by 8:00am, and if they start letting in a little early, you can stop to get some castle pics with your group before brft. Give us more info. and we can try to give you our best advice!

Thanks to both of you! This isn't my first time, but it's been 20 years since I've gone. I'm going Dec. 11-17 and have a 5 day hopper. We plan on spending 2 days in MK, but will show up late the second day. I'm travelling with 4 kids, 6 and under, so I'm not going to push ny day. That being said, I don't want them to miss anything either. I'll continue to try for a later time, but will keep my reservation if I can't get one.

Thanks again!

I would grab a reservation at 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian (Monorail to Magic Kingdom) since the quality of the food is better, and it's right next to the park.

Love CP, and wouldn't switch to 1900!
To get to 1900 you need to waste precious park time getting back and forth to GF...
We really also love 1900, but go on either a non park day, or on our way out of the park at the end of the day.
Imho!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter