Is Coronavirus affecting your travel plans?

Just came back from San Francisco, where we spent to week hiking. That has got to be as low risk of an activity as you can get. But, we (husband and I) said if we were to fly THIS week and start a vacation, it probably wouldn't have happened. What a difference a week makes.

I'm so sorry for your loss and that you have been forced to alter your plans. :sad1:

Thank you. She passed away in December. And we have had a memorial service for her on the East Coast, this one was going to be for our West Coast family. So at least we have had one.

Well, here we are ready to board for a week at an AI in Puerto Vallarta, which we booked to replace our scuttled visit to London and British Isles cruise. The airport is a ghost town. Since there has been no expansion of the advisories to full-on travel bans, we feel fine to go. Over half the passengers for this flight have yet to check in. All I can think of is maybe they’ll upgrade our seats! :scratchin
I came to check this thread because I was thinking if you, hoping you didn’t go. I hope you can get back ASAP. You probably won’t get to take your scheduled flight back and may be funneled into a specific airport.
We have friends down in Florida who as of last night were not planning on making the drive back to Canada until Wednesday and I feel this is really pushing it, the borders will be chaos.

I’ll be thinking of you and hope you get back to Canada as easily as possible.

I came to check this thread because I was thinking if you, hoping you didn’t go. I hope you can get back ASAP. You probably won’t get to take your scheduled flight back and may be funneled into a specific airport.
We have friends down in Florida who as of last night were not planning on making the drive back to Canada until Wednesday and I feel this is really pushing it, the borders will be chaos.

I’ll be thinking of you and hope you get back to Canada as easily as possible.
Has there been any official restrictions or bans in the last 24 hours? When we departed there was nothing that implied border closings were imminent. When the flight was so empty yesterday (about half of the 190 seats were filled) we did ask the flight staff if there would be any changes to our return and the answer was no. We have a private meet-and-greet scheduled with the on-site Transat rep this afternoon - perhaps he will have information? :confused: Really appreciate any further information you can provide. Thanks for reaching out.

Has there been any official restrictions or bans in the last 24 hours? When we departed there was nothing that implied border closings were imminent. When the flight was so empty yesterday (about half of the 190 seats were filled) we did ask the flight staff if there would be any changes to our return and the answer was no. We have a private meet-and-greet scheduled with the on-site Transat rep this afternoon - perhaps he will have information? :confused: Really appreciate any further information you can provide. Thanks for reaching out.
As of late last night the government is urging all canadaians to get home ASAP, they are telling people to try and book a commercial flight if they can but if not the government might fly people home and funnel them into a couple airports. I would try and get home.

As of late last night the government is urging all canadaians to get home ASAP, they are telling people to try and book a commercial flight if they can but if not the government might fly people home and funnel them into a couple airports. I would try and get home.
Are they saying specifically why? Are they talking about locking down the borders? I just did a quick google for news and can’t really find anything definite.

We registered with the federal government as being abroad and there have been no alerts sent, nor is there anything new on Transat’s website.

We came down to Spain from the UK a week ago but today the whole country has been put in lockdown.
Not too concerned, we are in our own place and will either get home when planned or when possible.
Everywhere is very quiet but the sun is shining and our larder is well stocked.

ford family

Are they saying specifically why? Are they talking about locking down the borders?

There is no talk to the public about locking down the border, but many countries are locking their border which means people will not get to leave their country and will be stuck there for who knows how long.

I wasn't planning on canceling my trip to the beach until a couple hours ago. Being a waiter in a restaurant (in PA), it's only a matter of time until they also go takeout/delivery like Ohio/Illinois, and depending on how long that lasts finances could be a struggle. Luckily I was planning on time off and had some money saved up for my trip.

We met with a rep from Air Transat (the tour operator of our package) this afternoon. They have not received ANY notice from the government that their access back to Canada is to be altered. They remain responsible for getting us home and are doing logistics to ensure their schedules can change to accommodate if needed. We are prepared to pivot if necessary. We are also registered with the Canadian Consulate as being here in Puerto Vallarta and have not received any notifications.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter