Is Captain EO closed or has it re-opened

zippy99

DIS Veteran
Can anyone confirm whether this attraction has re-opened again after being closed earlier in the year for the Tomorrowland screening?

Hi - it has re-opened...it was running when we were there on Sunday 18th July.

Captain Eo was closed for the Tomorrowland preview followed by a preview of Inside Out, however this finished at the beginning of July. Think it re opened again with Captain Eo on the 18th July.

Mrs TT

Phew! the family will be happy!

I know it is dated, I know it is old, I know that (quite frankly) this whole area of epcot could do with an update but as a family - me, DH, DD17 & DD15 - we just really enjoy seeing this, the music is great and it is all round an enjoyable geeky attraction that appeals to us.

Despite doing Disney more times than you've had hot dinners, we too have never done Captain EO. I've heard some dreadful things about it being the epitome of 80's kitch, but there is something in that which draws me towards it this year.

Is it really that bad?

Yes. I mean, it's nostalgic but it really has had its time. They finally got round to getting rid of it at DLP recently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter