Is a Disney Resort worth the extra money?

Pop is almost always cheaper than AoA. On-site benefits are many, and I'm sure I'm leaving some out, and you get them no matter the price level of your resort:

• Comprehensive, early morning to late night, on-site Disney transportation.
  • Free MCO airport transfers.
  • Luggage delivered directly into your resort room.
  • Extra Magic Hours.
  • Eligible for dining plan.
  • Can charge Disney dining and merchandise purchases back to your room.
  • Magic Band can be used for room key and purchases.
  • Earlier Fastpass reservations.
  • Earlier dining reservations.
  • Guest services and/or your resort front desk can troubleshoot every aspect of your vacation for you.
  • Total immersion in the "Disney bubble."
  • Access to bounceback offers.
  • Preferential access to parks on busy days during staged closures to off-site guests.

For my family onsite is always worth the extra money. I am not so sure it is more expensive for every resort onsite though, because by the time we factored in a rental car, parking at the parks, fuel, we are already ahead. If we add convenience and onsite benefits, there is no comparison.

I think that every family has their own preferences, but in some cases onsite is less expensive then off. A friend of my DD wanted to plan a WDW trip, and gave me her dates and travel party dynamics. I found a FD discount at a moderate, and costed the trip out, including money set aside for tips. On the previous trip they had stayed offsite, and had not dined in WDW restaurants due to the price. My total price was less than her previous trip and allowed for meals and tips, and no driving or moving luggage.

I've stayed at Pop a few times and love it! Staying on site is worth it for the extra magic and staying inside the "Disney bubble" :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter