Internet on PCC 5.0 - masters degree work?

Golf4food

Male pirate last time I checked. Yep. Still male.
I'm starting a masters degree next month that will run for two years and PCC will fall the final week of the semester this fall (week before finals). I'm concerned about the internet during the cruise and being able to have reliable access to the Blackboard site to upload papers or anything during the trip. (I've tried searching cruise board but the various search strings are coming back with too many hits and 99% have nothing to do with what I need to know.)

What can I realistically expect and how much is it going to cost me? :confused3

Without any knowledge of what your requirements are, I'd only offer that the internet on board is very slow. As far as expense goes, the cost per minute will be something on the order of 50-90 cents if I recall correctly. Again, that's for very slow service and no guarantee that it will work properly for your purposes.

Any chance the profs will give you assignments early? Or of you doing papers early?
I've had to grade stuff via BB while cruising. Was only on long enough to download. Signed off. Did reading/grading. Then signed back on long enough to upload grades. And internet is s.l.o.w.

Since DCL has changed their pricing policy...might be a good thing if you just need to do text.

Or buy internet time at ports?? Might be cheaper, and faster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!