(inspried by Samster's CB post ) Who here has/had braces?

AFgirl325

Addicted to the DIS!
I've had my braces for over 4 months now... I hate them!!! they poke my mouth... i can hardly fit my mouthguard in for field hockey and lax... rubber bands are just plain annoying... food and braces just don't mix...tightening.... there's soo many reasons why I hate braces i could go on forever!!!!:D

So are you one of the *~LUCKY~* ones who gets to wear braces? (lol!) Have you already gotten yours off (i'm SOO jealous!!)? Are you getting them any time soon? If you have them now, when are you getting them off?

I'll get mine off next spring... i can't wait!!

oh another question: I already have my rubber bands for my bite- is this one of the last steps for braces-?;like if you had them, did you have rubber bands and then got your braces off a little bit later- since i have mine, i'm hoping i'm ahead of schedule... lol!

wow ive actually inspired a post! i hate braces so much. now i get to get bottom braces woohoo.....the pallet expander thingy, that is probably the only thing worse then braces, i hate it. but braces ugh. no milk duds or corn on the cob..and the list continues. bracets poping left and right. i cant stop toutching and picking at them! ahh i hate them so much. rubberbands, ick i hate them they are big food traps. i just hate the whole idea of them!

I have braces and so does my best friend ShOrTiE2001. Lol!! She gits hers off in december and i git mine off tommorow after the first day of school.i wanted to git them off today, but the only opening they had was today :( :( :( :( :( :(

<font color=blueviolet size=4>I had my braces put on in April of 1997 & got them off in November '98. I've had to wear a retainer since then. It was the weirdest feeling when I got them off... my teeth felt all slimey & stuff, it was grosss!!! I had to wear the elastics for awhile... i don't remember how long though (it's been so long since I had braces... muahaha :)). Anyways, it was all worth it cuz now my teeth are really nice & straight!

I do!!!
unfortunately!
yeah I agree with sam....the expander was kinda bad.
but at least my teeth will be staright now! luckily..my teeth move easy...only thing is 2 teeth have to move into place and they are straight..then i keep them on for awhile(not sure why though)
I dont have rubber bands...yet.
Katie-my friends all had bands then got them off later...just info.
lol..I still get candy..even though im not supposed to..i chew gum..only on plane rides b/c my ears pop.

I got mine off 2 years ago just in time for high school. Thank god its over :D

i had the expander...that was bad. now i have braces and so does my sis punkrocker....wow alot of us share the same misery.lol

Yea, I had braces but I forget exactly when.....I know it was in elementary school and I think it was before 8th grade. Anyway, yea I hated them! I had the braces, these lip bumper things (metal things that went infront of my braces on the top and bottom), AND a palet expander, all at the same time!! I could barely talk! Then when I got rid of those two things I got the rubberbands. So, yea for all of you who have braces now, I feel you pain :D

I had my braces from 4th - 6th grade! Wearing the rubberbands wasn't so bad. You get kinda used to them after a while! And you can aim and shoot them at other people! lol! JK! I'm pretty sure the rubberbands were the last stage! My advice is to wear them as much as you can, cuz the more you wear the bands, the sooner the braces come off! One of my friends just got braces last week, so I've been telling her all this!

:smooth:

Actually, I was one of the very lucky ones, I had braces twice! I had them when I was in fifth grade for about a year. And I had them again when I started eighth grade and had them on for two years so I got them off right before 10th grade started. I've also gone through, spacers, retainers, expanding retainers, rubber bands, everything!!!! And I've had braces off for 2 years, but I still have to wear retainers (top and bottom) every night!

But at least it was all worth the money! My teeth look a lot better than they were before braces!

I have braces right now, and I can't wait to get them off!!! They said that I should only have them for a few more months, so we're thinking that I'll be rid of them by October. I have to wear two rubber bands on the left side of my mouth and one on the right, and as if that's not bad enough, they have to be in the shape of a triangle. It's just soooo much fun.:rolleyes:

I had braces twice too, in fourth grade for a year (gaaah!), and from when i was 12 to the summer before I turned 15. A double whammy...i am SO glad to be rid of em! I had to wear this really bad positioner (technically i am still supposed to wear it) but i decided it wasn't worth it...I had insanely straight teeth anyway. Orthodontists in general strike me as people who just want a <i>lot</i> of attention sometimes, and keep making teeny adjustments just to feel special. LoL!

JC

I have them! I got them on last summer... I don't know when I get them off. I think sometime next year. They are so annoying! For the first few months I didn't eat like any of the stuff I wasn't supposed to, but now... hehehe. My orthodontist said my teeth are now pretty much straight (they were totally crooked last year) but I still have to wear the braces cuz I have a messed up bite. My teeth don't go all the way together when I bite.:rolleyes:

I have to agree with Joe Cool... orthos definitely try to have as many kids get braces as they can!! at first, my ortho said I didn't need braces, but I decided I would get them anyway because I would only need them for a year- but then it get closer to high school and i was like 'No way am I getting braces!" BUT! my ortho said I needed them and told me to get them! this is the same ortho who told me i didn't need them- my teeth didn't dramamtically change or anything like that either!! ahh! i think she just wanted the money.... hehe :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter