• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

In your opinion what is the most overrated thing in WDW?

The Monorail
'Ohana
California Grill
Narcoossee's
Anything involving Muppets

I have also never seen The American Adventure, and I have no plans to see it in the near, or distant future.

I've seen it a few times in the thread already but, character meet and greets to me is the most over rated thing in all of WDW.

I just don't get it.. waiting in long lines to meet a college kid dressed in a costume. I know a picture maybe kind of nice but, its still just a person dressed up in a fancy costume Disney handed to them.. lol Getting an autograph from a character is also another head scratcher.. you aren't actually getting the autograph of the character.. its like just someone pretending and they sign the name of a character who does not actually exist. You could get some random person at the airport to do the same thing and you don't have to wait an hour.. lol

Now I get it for children. They don't necessarily know it isn't real and meeting a princess or whatever is very magical for them.. but adults... no I don't get it. Over rated. However.. I do understand many. many people disagree with me. I guess we all like what we like.. and clearly these characters meet and greets are very popular or else the lines wouldn't be so long for them.

I first had Dole Whip at Disney, don't really remember when. I have had them twice at Dole Plantation, in Dec/Jan 2015 and again in Sept 2015. They tasted so much better than Disney's. Honestly, my son and I had them Oct 2015 in the Animal Kingdom and they were not good at all, but at Epcot and MK they were fine.
I'll have to remember to pay attention then come September :-) Thanks for the info!

I've seen it a few times in the thread already but, character meet and greets to me is the most over rated thing in all of WDW.

I just don't get it.. waiting in long lines to meet a college kid dressed in a costume. I know a picture maybe kind of nice but, its still just a person dressed up in a fancy costume Disney handed to them.. lol Getting an autograph from a character is also another head scratcher.. you aren't actually getting the autograph of the character.. its like just someone pretending and they sign the name of a character who does not actually exist. You could get some random person at the airport to do the same thing and you don't have to wait an hour.. lol

Now I get it for children. They don't necessarily know it isn't real and meeting a princess or whatever is very magical for them.. but adults... no I don't get it. Over rated. However.. I do understand many. many people disagree with me. I guess we all like what we like.. and clearly these characters meet and greets are very popular or else the lines wouldn't be so long for them.
Not only that Character Dining wouldn't be priced as it is if people didn't book them as much as they do. I know that some people do Character Dining just so they can bypass doing a FP for that specific character so I guess there's that too.

I can't believe no one has mentioned Toy Story Midway Mania.

For a while it had the longest wait in all of The World. Requires a first tier fastpass. And what do I get for waiting in line or using a valuable fastpass? An opportunity to frantically pull a little lever as fast as I can, wearing out my right arm. Then, at the end of the ride, I face the disappointment that all of my effort and energy has resulted in nowhere near the high score of the day.
This cracked me up!! And darn it if I don't always feel like my score is like a fraction of what it should be!!! Somebody else accidentally gets credited my targets!! I know this! :laughing:

SDMT.

It's a kiddy coaster. A well themed kiddy coaster, but a kiddy coaster nonetheless.

I just can't wrap my head around the massive waits for the ride, or paying for a special breakfast so you can get a ride or two on it before the crowds arrive.

Not saying it's a bad ride or that I hate it (looking at you IASW), just that I don't see it as the greatest thing since sliced bread, as many, many others do.

So funny how these things work… For me this ride is an instant classic and one of my all-time favorites already!

I read this thread because as I plan out a trip for me and my son, I keep getting reminded of how over hyped things are at Disney.... I've been a few times (and usually have a good time) and get sucked in to the hype from forums like this and rarely has any of it lived up to the hype. I'd say most food options people flip out about aren't all that great... at least there is something of better quality for 1/3rd the price in most mid sized home cities. I usually stick to quick service options for convenience and time.. but the times I have opted for table service it was usually just 'ok' at an inflated price. For years I've wanted to try Yak and Yeti's from all the talk, last year finally did due to a 'lucky' opening during a rain storm. Service was good, but the meal itself felt like a TGIF at twice the price. I know people like a sit down meal... but can't understand being booked up 180 days out for most of them.

Like getting information from boards like this...but have to temper expectations of what others rave about... will always remember a few years ago people getting worked up about a particular restroom having powdered hand soap and how great that was !!! o_O

What.

We spent a full day there and didn't even feel like we scratched the surface. The theming of that park is just phenomenal. It felt like the most "alive" of any of the parks to me and my kids.

Granted, there aren't a whole lot of rides (and we were there pre-Avatar), but the rest of the park is just so immersive, we hardly noticed.

You... I like you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter