• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

In room babysitting

harrowgirl

Mouseketeer
for those that have used it...I'm interested in trying it out, but I'm wondering if my kids would get bored being stuck in the room all night. I know they CAN take them out if we approve, but my son is a runner and even I don't like to take both of my kids out alone because my son could run away. I know they bring activities...wondering what kind of stuff they have/do with the kids?

Actually our sitter did not bring any activities. But we were more than happy to have her take the kids to the playground and then to the marshmallow roast and then they watched a little bit of the movie that night as well before coming back to our room. If you are not going to let your children leave the room I would make sure you tell them that when you book The Sitter so that they can come prepared. I know that my kids would not be happy if they were locked up in a hotel room for 4 or 5 hours.

Good to know! It wouldn't be for 4 or 5 hours - probably more like 2.5 at most before bed.....maybe even less....though I guess I could always request 2 sitters - so it is one on one so I know my son is being looked after 100% and they could do things around the resort!

We're going to hire one of the sitters and we're staying in a family suite at Art of Animation. I was thinking they'd stay in the suite for the 2 hours before bedtime. We're going to tire the kids out beforehand so I think they'll be happy to eat pizza, watch videos and play some indoor games. My kids will be 4 and 2.5 on the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter