Importance of ADRs in Mid May

Dis_Dreamin

DIS Veteran
How important is it for me to be on the phone at the earliest booking date possible for the majority of restaurants at WDW if my trip is Mid-May?

I'm planning on being on at 180 day mark to get CRT (not sure what meal yet), but may or may not be sure of other meals that we want to schedule by then.

I am staying on property so I am well aware of the +10 days booking too.

Thanks.

My question is, why wouldn't you make your ADRs?
You can always change them, as your planning gets more detailed. The point is, if ADRs get tough to get, as you get closer to your trip, at least you'll have some already arranged.
Getting ADRs for the more popular restaurants has become so difficult, that you have to get them as soon as you can.
I hate being tied-down to the ADRs. On our recent trip, only about half of our meals were from my original ADRs. And many of the "new" ones were either walk-ups, or reserved the week we were there.

I'm not saying that I don't plan to get any, I fully intend to, I'm just not sure I'll be ready by November 10th (we are traveling with friends who've never been before and they may not be ready with us) when our 180+10 opens up. I was just curious on how important it was to have them all in line before the 180+10 or if I would be okay for the majority of the restaurants to be able to wait until a little closer to our trip to get them set up.

Does that make sense?

It depends on where you want to eat. We went last year in mid to late May and did a lot of last-minute ADR's. If you want Le Cellier, Chef Mickey's or CRT, you need to book right away.

That's great information! Thanks!

I wonder if the changes to the ADR system to allow bookings at 180 for all dining vs 90 for all dining would make a significant impact to that graph. What are your thoughts on that?

I suspect that ADRs that are booked-up shortly after 90 days, will be a little easier to get at 180 days, but will will be booked-up well before 90 days. I think that ADRs that are easy to get when close to the arrival date will remain so. In other words, ADRs that are booked-up in the first few weeks after 90 days, leaving many complaining they can't get ADRs, will disappear in only a little bit longer period after 180 days.

Thanks! I was kinda leaning toward the same kind of analysis, but just wanted someone who, most likely, had more experience than I do to give their two cents.

I think the only one that is difficult we are dead set on getting, at this time, would be CRT. All the girls would love to meet Cinderella, and maybe the other princesses if we go early. I know my little princess loved it and still talks about it when we went last year.

I'm sure once we get together with our friends they'll be able to help us out a little in making decisions.

I'm just ready to be there now.

CRT is the toughest to get. I aimed for the last day of our visit in order to maximize the +10 advantage. Walking down Main Street in a virtually empty park on the way to the Castle is great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter