Immigration

wendym

I work to go to Disney!
Ok, maybe daft question but we are travelling from Glasgow, Scotland to Orlando via Toronto in October - price was too good to pass up. We are travelling with Air Canada for all flights. Will we have to go through immigration in Orlando? We always arrive in MCO after being through immigration in another US city so not sure what will happen this time.
Wendy

You will have to go thru US Immigration in Toronto then it's a straight flight into MCO.

You will then on the way back you will pass thru Cdn Immigration in Toronto and not sure what once you catch your final leg back to Scotland.

Happy Flying!

BTW, we just used Air Canada and we were very pleased with their service! I found them to be very helpful and everybody I dealt with were very friendly! I may not fly charter again!

Scratch
pirate:

Be sure to sign up for the Air Canada frequent flyer programme, Aeroplan at www.aeroplan.ca . Air Canada is partnered with airlines around the world in the Star Alliance, and your 8600+ miles from this flight will go a good distance towards earning "free" flights with airlines such as British Midlands.

Scratch is right...so I have nothing to add but I wanted to say that I'm a "wendym" too!

Thank you so much for all your advice. After I booked the flights I was pleasantly surprised to see Air Canada was part of Star Alliance - this should be enough to get us another free flight to Orlando!
The only drawback is the 6 hour lay over in Toronto both ways. However the airport looks really nice - any recommendations on where to eat?
Thank you again
Wendy
PS Scratch - loved your cruise reports! We go back on the Magic in October.
MaMudduck - always love to "meet" a fellow wendym! I'm a MacGregor

You'll need to earn 60K miles to get the flight from the UK to North America -- but it's a great start.

I'm assuming you'll be arriving at Terminal 2 -- a former cargo terminal that some folks have described as "never intended for humans." The dining options aren't the greatest at T2 -- much more enjoyable at Terminal 3 and even more enjoyable off-site. Eating off-site is a definite possibility as numerous hotel shuttles run back and forth from the Dixon Rd. area to the airport, even if it's something as simple as taking the shuttle to the International Plaza Hotel and crossing the street to have a bite to eat at Swiss Chalet (rotisserie style chicken) or one of the other eateries in that area.
As for eating at YYZ -- might I point you to an excellent discussion forum with folk experienced in airport eating at http://www.flyertalk.com/airportsfr.shtml
Just register over there -- post your question in the appropriate forum and be prepared for many, many informed responses. FlyerTalk has to be one of my favourite online forums -- next to the DIS, of course!

RoyalCanadian - thank you for the great tips. I'll go to the dicussion board later tonight. I like the sound of the Swiss Chalet and at least then I could say I have seen soemthing of Toronto!
Wendy
PS Already have almost 50000 miles - never enjoyed a flight so much as the 1 a couple of years ago I got for free!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter