I'm Fluent in Disney Spanish- May 2016 TR *updated 11/16*-COMPLETE

Day 7: Part 2
See Ya Real Soon

We decided to just walk to the Contemporary and it really is a nice walk.

When we got there we still had a long wait for lunch so we enjoyed the gift shops and you’ll never guess what Joe stumbled upon…more pins. So we bought more pins and then just hung around the grand concourse waiting to check in.

By the time we were seated be were starving for some Mickey waffles, but there wasn’t any. They did eventually have some, but it was when were already full. Now I have to say even though most non-Disney folk probably thought we were very weird going to Disney without our kids, and I think many on the boards can relate to the judgment that comes along with going to WDW over and over. However, while we were at Disney we never felt weird or out of place without kids, until this breakfast. It could have been just my own insecurities, but we were literally the only childless table and the people close to us definitely seemed like they were judging. I didn’t really care, only a little:rolleyes1. The characters were great though.

Number 1

I have to say, I know this place is way overpriced for the food, but I have never had a bad experience here. I think the food while overpriced is delicious and the characters are always very good here. After lunch we took the monorail over to the TTC
clip_image002.gif

Bye castle:sad:

We walked to the car and then opened up the pins we bought at the Contemporary.

We sadly could stall no longer so we made our way to the airport. The trip home was uneventful besides the monster wait at TSA, which was our deciding factor to get the pre-check, so we never had to deal with it again. We got home without incident and showered hugs and kisses on the boys. And that wraps up our couple’s only trip to the world. Stay tuned for my trip wrap up.

Last edited:
I filmed the beginning with the good morning song for my grandma, since that song is from Singing in the Rain, the movie she and my grandpa saw on their first date.
Aw, that's sweet! :lovestruc

Thank goodness I had glasses on because I cried, full on during this. Disney and especially certain things at Disney make me very emotional and even cause me to tear up a little, but I have never cried like this. I think I was just overwhelmed with emotion from this absolutely perfect trip. Even though it had it’s down times, as does every trip, I really was the most amazing time with my best friend and I could not ask for more.
Totally understandable. So glad you had an amazing trip. I always thought I'd be bawling when Izzy saw the welcome show, but we still haven't managed to get her to it - maybe this next trip.

While I love this ride, I can’t wait to see it after the refurb.
I didn't even realize it was being refurbed, so went to look it up. Appears to be a general refurb, not making it like Disneyland's version, right?

In the gift shop after SM, I knew there were photobooths that used MM, so we decided to get some done.

Nice, I've got to remember to keep an eye out for the photobooths!

However, while we were at Disney we never felt weird or out of place without kids, until this breakfast. It could have been just my own insecurities, but we were literally the only childless table and the people close to us definitely seemed like they were judging. I didn’t really care, only a little:rolleyes1.
Aw, that's annoying. Glad you had fun, though. I mean, everyone is just a big kid in Disney anyway.

I have to say, I know this place is way overpriced for the food, but I have never had a bad experience here.
Good to hear - we finally have our first meal planned there next month!

Loved the trip and can't wait to follow your next one too!

I'm glad you enjoyed your meal at Chef Mickey. As you said, it is definitely overpriced. By like a lot. But I can't really complain about anything we've ever had or experienced there.

Aw, that's sweet! :lovestruc

Totally understandable. So glad you had an amazing trip. I always thought I'd be bawling when Izzy saw the welcome show, but we still haven't managed to get her to it - maybe this next trip.
I hope you do, I'm super sad because in January the train will be down and that's part of the fun of the welcome show:sad1:

I didn't even realize it was being refurbed, so went to look it up. Appears to be a general refurb, not making it like Disneyland's version, right?
That's a bummer, I had heard it was going to be like Disneyland's, oh well I still like it.

Nice, I've got to remember to keep an eye out for the photobooths!
Yes they're totally worth it with Memory Maker

Good to hear - we finally have our first meal planned there next month!
Awesome hope you like it, I know we do.

Loved the trip and can't wait to follow your next one too!
Thanks for joining in on this one :teeth:.

I'm glad you had a nice final meal, the character pics are so cute!
Thanks

TSA at MCO is always the worst!!!
We breezed through in Sept with TSA Precheck, so worth it :worship:

I'm glad you enjoyed your meal at Chef Mickey. As you said, it is definitely overpriced. By like a lot. But I can't really complain about anything we've ever had or experienced there.
Yeah, every time I think about the cost :scared1:, but we like it and it's vacation so :confused3

Final Thoughts

Overall

As I said in the beginning of the TR, this was the best trip ever. Any trip with Joe would have been great, but being in a place that we both now consider our favorite vacation spot, without the stress of the kids, and getting to be kids ourselves, pretty unbeatable. We had a rocky start, but that’s not even a blip on our radar anymore, because every other part of the trip exceeded our expectations. Disney as always did a great job and I have literally no complaints about them. And if you are thinking about doing a couples only trip, heck not even necessarily to Disney, DO IT. I was so on the fence, and I felt so guilty about leaving the boys, but seriously great decision. Joe and I are looking into when we can do it again, our ten year anniversary is not far off:thumbsup2.

Pop

Honestly, this was not as great as I was hoping it would be. It is basically just a glorified roadside motel in terms of quality. I am not sure what I was expecting, but people always talk about how great it is, so I guess I was expecting to be wowed. For the price though, it really can’t be beat for staying on property and for that reason alone I would stay there, especially now that I know where to set my expectations.

Food

Again, we were totally blown away by the food this trip. I think stepping away from the character buffets was a good move. Besides the okay burgers at Beaches and Cream and the bad experience at Kona, everything else was amazing. For our upcoming trip, I have branched out some but we are mostly back to the basic fare. I can't wait until we don't have to have mediocre food at outrageous prices for every meal again:rolleyes2.

Special Events

We did two this time Star Wars dessert party and After Hours. Even though the After Hours is gone and probably won’t ever come back, it was my favorite time ever being the parks and totally worth it. The dessert party was again worth it for us. Because of my anxiety in crowds, I enjoy being able to be away from them to enjoy the nighttime fireworks, so for that alone it’s great. But the selection of food from savory to sweets it great, much better than I have seen at the other dessert parties I have been too. The drinks were okay, but the line was always long, so that was a bummer. Plus you get the fun stein:chewy:.

Must Do's

As Far as my must dos, I think I did a pretty good job checking most things off my list. I liked having a must do list, because having gone to Disney so many times, I know what I like and would probably stick to that if I didn't purposefully try to branch out with my list.

If anybody is interested, I did make a
compilation video from the trip.

Thank you so much for those of you who commented and the ones who lurked. I have enjoyed reliving this amazing trip, and I hope I have entertained you or helped you think fondly on the most magical place on Earth or even just kept away the Disney blues. My next TR is in my signature below and I hope you'll follow me along on that adventure as well. You can also follow me on Instagram at ashw100 for lots of Disney pictures.

See ya real soon!

Last edited:
I really enjoyed your TR! We took our 2 boys several times when they were young. Now, I enjoy going with my DH - so much more relaxed. Went with my sister in March. That was fun too. Thanks for sharing!

I really enjoyed your TR! We took our 2 boys several times when they were young. Now, I enjoy going with my DH - so much more relaxed. Went with my sister in March. That was fun too. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for reading. That's awesome that you still go without kids, that will definitely be me and DH. :thumbsup2

I started with your completed trip report with you, your mom and your 3 adorable boys. It was so much fun, that I read this one next. Look forward to more of your adventures.
PS My husband and I have been doing adult only trips for years and they are AWESOME!!! Bringing my 4 kids is fun too, but in an entirely different way...:tongue:

I started with your completed trip report with you, your mom and your 3 adorable boys. It was so much fun, that I read this one next. Look forward to more of your adventures.
PS My husband and I have been doing adult only trips for years and they are AWESOME!!! Bringing my 4 kids is fun too, but in an entirely different way...:tongue:
Thanks for reading. We had such a good time on this trip, we can't wait to go back without kids again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter