I'm Fluent in Disney Spanish- May 2016 TR *updated 11/16*-COMPLETE

Looks like a good time exploring the food options at WS. I think it is great that you tried to be a little adventurous even if some of the options fell a little bit flat.

That was nice of you to FaceTime the Star Wars show to the boys. I'm sure they appreciated it, even if it meant less than ideal viewing situation for you guys.

Sorry you got stuck on Nemo with annoying kids- one of my pet peeves. :(
Looking forward to hearing about your meal- can't believe your trip report is almost done!

The wait actually said zero minutes, which I am not sure I’ve ever seen, it’s usually five even when it’s a walk on.
Wow, that's pretty unusual!

This day was pretty busy with school groups and we happened to be sandwiched by two groups of preteens, and when we got stuck they started being super obnoxious yelling and turning their phone flashlights on and shining them everywhere.
Ugh, that sounds awful! And being so close to the end too - you probably just wanted to jump up and walk the rest of the way.

When they keep the Jakku sequence at the beginning of every ride, it really cuts down on the re-ridability IMHO. Hopefully, in Jan they will have gone back to randomizing it or at least adding in scenes from Rogue One.
I think I heard that they are randomizing it again soon, but can't remember the details/when.

Sounds like a nice time in Future World, except for when you got stuck on Nemo! Can't wait to hear about your last dinner of the trip.
Yeah, not great, but couldn't overshadow our good day.

Looks like a good time exploring the food options at WS. I think it is great that you tried to be a little adventurous even if some of the options fell a little bit flat.

That was nice of you to FaceTime the Star Wars show to the boys. I'm sure they appreciated it, even if it meant less than ideal viewing situation for you guys.
They did love it, but then again they love anything Star Wars, it was the least we could do since we left them at home :rotfl2:

Sorry you got stuck on Nemo with annoying kids- one of my pet peeves. :(
Looking forward to hearing about your meal- can't believe your trip report is almost done!
Me too annoying kids are the worst. I will have another trip following right after this one though :thumbsup2

Wow, that's pretty unusual!
Yeah, I thought so too.

Ugh, that sounds awful! And being so close to the end too - you probably just wanted to jump up and walk the rest of the way.
:tiptoe:next time :rotfl:

I think I heard that they are randomizing it again soon, but can't remember the details/when.
Yay :cool1:

Day 6: Part 4
You Must Wear a Shirt on Tower of Terror

After Star Tours, we had an ADR at 50’s Prime Time. We had a decent wait, about 20 minutes, but we had fun looking around.

We were seated in the first room on the right.

I had been worried about too many shenanigans that would embarrass me, but instead we go none at all:confused3. Our server was really good though, he and another server teamed up to take on a big party seated next to us with three pre-teen girls and one boy with their moms and they were picking on the kids so bad. It was entertaining without me having to be embarrassed:rotfl:. Joe got the pork chop and I got the sampler.

Hey it's Walt

I shared my chicken with Joe, but other than that I cleared my plate, it was so good. Joe also loved his. For entertainment and food this place gets a thumbs up from us.

After our delicious dinner, we saw a PP outside of Echo Lake. We watched as a couple got their picture taken and someone kid ran all over in front of them and tried to get in the picture. The parents I observed were around the corner sitting on a bench. Now I really try to not be judgmental towards other parents, because you never really know what is going on, but I found this ridiculous. I would never allow my children to ruin someone else experience by being lazy. But beyond that they literally never once even looked at their child and they weren’t in their line of sight. I don’t care where you are, anything could happen when you basically ignore your child for an extended period of time:furious:. When it was our turn the kid did the same thing to us. I felt bad for the poor PP who was trying her best.

After our interesting PP experience, we wanted to see Kylo Ren, because Joe really wanted to show off his shirt. When we were walking into the Launch Bay, Stormtroopers must have noticed Joe’s shirt and came up and got right in his face and said they would be watching him or something to that effect.

Kylo had no line, which was a pleasant surprise.

Joe called him Ben and tried to show him his shirt. I pointed out that I had his friend on my shirt :darth: and that Joe was making fun of him and Kylo said, I do not discuss him.:lmao: He then said he would teach me the ways of the force and then we got a picture.

Overall I thought it was a good interaction. After our meet, we walked around the Launch Bay a little bit.

Joe chatted with some CMs who loved hiss shirt. Joe noticed the CM was modeling all the Star Tours name tags and Joe decided he needed to have one. We did have two more FPs to get to, so the name tag would have to wait for now. First we did ToT.

Then RnR.

Yuck I hate this picture

After our two favorite rides, we had the Star Wars dessert party to go to. I had gone back and forth about this one, but we did this at SWW last year and loved it, so we booked it a few weeks before the trip. Our table and view.

Our plates.

We also each got a Chewie stein.

Continued Below

Overall this was a huge win. I think the dessert options are great, much better than the Wishes one. I loved the bread pudding, which they have a million toppings for. They also had this freeze dried Nutella stuff which was weird, but good. And I loved the savory options too, who doesn’t love light saber made of cheese? It is pricey at $69, so I am not sure how much longer I will do it, but definitely fun to do at least once. And of course the view for the fireworks is amazing.

Still my favorite fireworks show, based on pyrotechnics alone. I can’t wait to see the newest iteration in January if they bring it back after the holiday one. After, the fireworks we wanted to get right on TSMM for EMH and of course everyone else had the same idea. I guess they had to do a safety check after the fireworks and they weren’t letting anybody back there and it was way too crowded for my liking. Not wanting to deal with the stampede, we left and went on ToT again.

After, we checked the app and the wait for TSMM wasn’t bad, maybe 20 minutes so we went back in that direction. The line was outside the building and all the way by the sound stage next to it, but it moved fast and wasn’t more than the posted time.

Getting better.

After TSMM, half of EMH was already gone. Joe really wanted his name tag and to look at the stuff in Launch Bay some more, I didn’t. I did get a selfie (kind of) with the Stormtroopers.

I really wanted to go on ToT again, what can I say it’s my favorite ride. So Joe did Launch Bay.

This is the first time we separated the entire trip and I honestly didn’t like being alone, which is funny because I actually LOVE being alone, but I think at Disney I just like sharing it with someone. Anyway, after the library at ToT, being alone I did my best to inch towards the door, so I could be at the front of the pack. In doing so I apparently got between two friends and the following situation may be NSFW. So the one teen girl in front of me takes off her sweatshirt and has nothing but a bra underneath and then gets stuck in the sweatshirt. See she had another shirt on but everything got tangled and so basically she got half naked instead and stuck so she couldn’t undo it. So she turns around looking for her friend to help and it’s just me. Her friend did come up and help her out and I don’t think anyone saw this except us three, it happened so fast. So the one girl is helping her friend and walking and I’m awkwardly walking near then because I have NOWHERE else to go and all I am trying to do is not bust out laughing. I tried to get away from them but somehow they got behind me and ended up in the same line after the split. I had to laugh though and we then all laughed about it. I assured her that I was probably the only one who saw, but OMG it was so funny:rotfl2:. I was seriously still laughing after we got on the ride, which made me look crazy because I was seated next to another single rider who had no idea why I was laughing.

The girls are on the bottom left. Thanks for giving me this hilarious memory I will have forever. Joe and I met up at RnR for one last ride. The wait was about 20 minutes we I had fun regaling him with my story and he told me all about getting his name tag.

Joe even got his name on a poster.

I have decided I am really not a fan of this ride, my head always kills after. With 20 minutes left of EMH, you know what we had to do one more time, ToT. And Joe finally got a red card. We were probably more excited about it then we should have been.

And that was our last ride to close out the night. Joe had seen a pin that he thought I would like earlier, so I checked it out and loved it, so I bought it. We don’t even collect pins, or at least we didn’t then (dun, dun, dun) but I loved it.

After that we just went back to the room and got packed up to leave the next day:sad:.

Last edited:
I have really enjoyed your report. I stayed up until the wee hours this morning reading it.

My husband and I are planning an anniversary trip next summer without our boys so I was especially interested! Like you, I'm hoping to explore WS more.

Sounds like you had a great trip and we have very similar touring styles.

I had been worried about too many shenanigans that would embarrass me, but instead we go none at all:confused3. Our server was really good though, he and another server teamed up to take on a big party seated next to us with three pre-teen girls and one boy with their moms and they were picking on the kids so bad. It was entertaining without me having to be embarrassed:rotfl:.
Seems like a decent arrangement. Don't have to deal with the shenanigans, but can watch it. :thumbsup2

We watched as a couple got their picture taken and someone kid ran all over in front of them and tried to get in the picture. The parents I observed were around the corner sitting on a bench. Now I really try to not be judgmental towards other parents, because you never really know what is going on, but I found this ridiculous. I would never allow my children to ruin someone else experience by being lazy. But beyond that they literally never once even looked at their child and they weren’t in their line of sight. I don’t care where you are, anything could happen when you basically ignore your child for an extended period of time:furious:. When it was our turn the kid did the same thing to us. I felt bad for the poor PP who was trying her best.
Ugh, that would drive me crazy too. Total lack of parenting in a public place is a big pet peeve for me. :headache:

STUDIO_LBDRKSDECHAR2_7679135811_zpsfjmetnbe.jpeg
Great shirt! And glad you had a good meet.

I have decided I am really not a fan of this ride, my head always kills after.
I always got headaches on RnRC until I tried riding in the front row. For some reason, I'm fine there. :confused3

I like the person in the second row that looks angry. :rotfl:

LOL! I was dying reading your account of the girl and her lack of clothing. Bahaha! Glad you had a fun night- those fireworks looked amazing, and your dinner and dessert party looked wonderful!

What a great night! I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner and the dessert party.

And it's always great when you can get multiple rides on ToT! The story about the girls was too funny!

I'm with ya, RnR always gives me a headache!

No matter how long you get to vacation at Disney, the last day as you are leaving is just thew worst. Just another reason to start planning the next trip.

I had been worried about too many shenanigans that would embarrass me, but instead we go none at all:confused3. Our server was really good though, he and another server teamed up to take on a big party seated next to us with three pre-teen girls and one boy with their moms and they were picking on the kids so bad. It was entertaining without me having to be embarrassed:rotfl:.
Perfect! You got to enjoy the shenanigans without being the butt of the joke. I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner there!

Joe called him Ben and tried to show him his shirt. I pointed out that I had his friend on my shirt :darth: and that Joe was making fun of him and Kylo said, I do not discuss him.:lmao: He then said he would teach me the ways of the force and then we got a picture.
That's awesome. I'm glad that Kylo was a good meet. I've kind of wondered a little bit about how he would be.

It is pricey at $69, so I am not sure how much longer I will do it, but definitely fun to do at least once. And of course the view for the fireworks is amazing.
In terms of Disney, it doesn't seem so bad. Especially since it seems like it could be difficult to find a good spot to see the show in DHS without staking out a spot really early.

The girls are on the bottom left. Thanks for giving me this hilarious memory I will have forever. Joe and I met up at RnR for one last ride. The wait was about 20 minutes we I had fun regaling him with my story and he told me all about getting his name tag.
That's funny!

Really looks like an awesome night. You guys did well with short lines on a lot of the big rides there!

I have really enjoyed your report. I stayed up until the wee hours this morning reading it.

My husband and I are planning an anniversary trip next summer without our boys so I was especially interested! Like you, I'm hoping to explore WS more.

Sounds like you had a great trip and we have very similar touring styles.
Thanks for reading. I do this all the time, it's much easier to read a TR all at one time. I hope you have an awesome time with your husband. I was worried about leaving the kids behind, but it was the best decision. We had a blast and I'm sure you will too.

Seems like a decent arrangement. Don't have to deal with the shenanigans, but can watch it. :thumbsup2
It was perfect and entertaining.

Ugh, that would drive me crazy too. Total lack of parenting in a public place is a big pet peeve for me. :headache:
I know, it just scares me, anything could happen and why do I seem more worried about your child's welfare than you :confused3

Great shirt! And glad you had a good meet.
Thanks, Joe got lots of compliments on it.

I always got headaches on RnRC until I tried riding in the front row. For some reason, I'm fine there. :confused3
Good tip, I'll give that a try next time.

I like the person in the second row that looks angry. :rotfl:
:rotfl2:Didn't see that before

LOL! I was dying reading your account of the girl and her lack of clothing. Bahaha! Glad you had a fun night- those fireworks looked amazing, and your dinner and dessert party looked wonderful!
:rotfl:Me too, priceless memory right there. Thanks it was a good night.

What a great night! I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner and the dessert party.

And it's always great when you can get multiple rides on ToT! The story about the girls was too funny!

I'm with ya, RnR always gives me a headache!
It's good to know I'm not the only one, it just bangs you around so much.

No matter how long you get to vacation at Disney, the last day as you are leaving is just thew worst. Just another reason to start planning the next trip.
Definitely, it wasn't too bad knowing I was going home to the boys and had a vacation already in the works for January 2017.

Perfect! You got to enjoy the shenanigans without being the butt of the joke. I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner there!
Yeah, it was great. I want to take the boys now so they can be the butt of the joke :rotfl2:

That's awesome. I'm glad that Kylo was a good meet. I've kind of wondered a little bit about how he would be.
I still think they it might be bad if you have a scared little one, because he seems to go after the less interested party (me in this case), like with Darth Vader

In terms of Disney, it doesn't seem so bad. Especially since it seems like it could be difficult to find a good spot to see the show in DHS without staking out a spot really early.
I agree, I've paid more for less at Disney :sad:

Really looks like an awesome night. You guys did well with short lines on a lot of the big rides there!
I was presently surprised by the night. I always thought to avoid EMH at night because lots of people stay, but that wasn't our experience this night at least.

Day 7
Now it's Time to Say Goodbye

Waking up this morning with the realization that we had to go was bittersweet. I was sad to have this amazing trip end, but I also missed my boys so bad my heart ached and I was ready to get back to them. We also knew that we would be back in January 2017, having a definite countdown helped too. We dropped our bags at the airline check in and got our fun boarding passes with Mickey’s head on them and then left Pop for good to head over to MK.

We got to the entrance without any major issue and then just had to wait for one of my favorite things.

We actually got the mayor this time, which is a first for us.

I filmed the beginning with the good morning song for my grandma, since that song is from Singing in the Rain, the movie she and my grandpa saw on their first date. And then I just enjoyed it.

Thank goodness I had glasses on because I cried, full on during this. Disney and especially certain things at Disney make me very emotional and even cause me to tear up a little, but I have never cried like this. I think I was just overwhelmed with emotion from this absolutely perfect trip. Even though it had it’s down times, as does every trip, I really was the most amazing time with my best friend and I could not ask for more.

After I collected myself, we walked down Main Street to find some breakfast. We went to Starbucks for some coffees and pastries. We sat on Center Street and enjoyed our breakfast and people watched the frenzied people entering the park for the day. I still had to find this visor I had been looking all week for my MIL as her thank you present, so we went to the Chateau, you know the hat shop, where it should be. Nope we didn’t find it, but Joe found his new obsession, pins. We sat in that store for so long deciding what pins to get and what lanyard. He ended up getting a Star Wars starter pack and light saber lanyard. This is going to be a very expensive hobby:sad2:. We also eavesdropped on a phone call.

I checked on the shop parks app, and saw that the visor was sold at the Emporium, so went across the street. We searched everywhere in that store and asked CMs who had no idea and couldn’t find the dang thing. We opted to get her a hat instead, which I was worried about because she only wears visors, but the ones we saw were very “old lady-ish” (no offense to anyone who likes them). But I knew she wouldn’t like those, despite being an old lady:rotfl2:. We found a hat that was cute and thought she might wear. Anyways spoiler alert, when we gave her the hat her exact response was, “It’s cute, but I don’t wear hats”. So much for trying to do something nice:confused:.

With that frustration out of the way, the main reason we were hanging around Main Street was to see the Trolly show properly this time, and it was about that time.

I loved it of course. We had no real plans other than our FPs, so I asked Joe what he wanted to do. He wanted to go on one of his new favorites, the Haunted Mansion. But first some picture on Main Street.

We made our way to Liberty Square where I got this picture that I have no recollection of taking :confused3

Haunted Mansion had no wait, but we took out time checking out the queue.

We tried to get pictures of the new hitchhiking ghosts signs and failed epically, but it was another great ride.

I remembered Memento Mori, which I always forget to check out, so we went there next.

I really wanted a picture of the tightrope girl, which apparently isn’t a thing. Why isn’t this a thing, she’s the best. I also pointed out some things I wanted for Christmas, hint hint. We had the rider swap pass we had found the other night still, so we walked towards BTMRR and Joe spotted the pin trading outpost, so we had to go in. Like I said expensive hobby. We picked up a couple of mystery packs and chatted with the CM about pins. Then we finally got to BTMRR for our final ride on that. While I love this ride, I can’t wait to see it after the refurb. We decided to take the train over to Fantasyland and on the way check out the pins we bought.

I loved how real the Frontierland train station felt

Continued Next

Our pin haul

We definitely got more than that but I guess I didn't get pictures.

We saw people stuck on BTMRR.

I really wish we had made time for the liberty bell or Tom Sawyer Island.

We got off in Fantasyland with on the hunt for some refreshing drinks.

Found them!

Joe got a strawberry lemonade from the stand right next to King Triton across from the Little mermaid ride. And I of course got Le Lou’s brew. We sipped our drinks and once again just enjoyed people watching. I could never be this leisurely on any day other than departure day, but it was honestly one of my highlights of the trip. There is something to just relaxing about enjoying where you are, and I think my type-a self did a pretty good job of doing this throughout the trip. Soon enough it was time for our FP for SDMT. No picture :confused3

We used our next was FP for Space.

In the gift shop after SM, I knew there were photobooths that used MM, so we decided to get some done.

We had our last FP, but since we had some time before it came active we took one last spin on the peoplemover.

Then it was time for our last ride of the trip.

We actually still had an hour until our ADR, but the lines were too long to really be able to do anything and still make in for lunch, so sadly we had to say goodbye. I thought we might have time to come back after lunch but we never did.

Last edited:
Sounds like a great final morning at MK! The welcome show makes me emotional too! And I know all too well how expensive pin collecting is haha but it's a fun hobby!

Thank goodness I had glasses on because I cried, full on during this. Disney and especially certain things at Disney make me very emotional and even cause me to tear up a little, but I have never cried like this. I think I was just overwhelmed with emotion from this absolutely perfect trip. Even though it had it’s down times, as does every trip, I really was the most amazing time with my best friend and I could not ask for more.
You know... I can definitely relate. I'm not much of a crier, but when I see that welcome show... sometimes it gets a little dusty.

We found a hat that was cute and thought she might wear. Anyways spoiler alert, when we gave her the hat her exact response was, “It’s cute, but I don’t wear hats”. So much for trying to do something nice:confused:.
:rotfl2: Oh well, you tried! Isn't there a website or an app now that you can use to order things from the park? Might have been worth a try to just order it and ship it home.

I could never be this leisurely on any day other than departure day, but it was honestly one of my highlights of the trip. There is something to just relaxing about enjoying where you are, and I think my type-a self did a pretty good job of doing this throughout the trip.
Again, I can relate. I always try to be go-go-go from the start, but it is kind of a way to set up the more laid back feel later on in the trip. I always like to have the last day be a day to just go with the flow and do what we want to at the time.

Bummer that your trip was almost over, but great that you got to go back so soon!
Yes we were very lucky to be going back. Makes leaving so much easier.

Sounds like a great final morning at MK! The welcome show makes me emotional too! And I know all too well how expensive pin collecting is haha but it's a fun hobby!
:rotfl2:I know now the boys are into pins too :faint:.

You know... I can definitely relate. I'm not much of a crier, but when I see that welcome show... sometimes it gets a little dusty.
Good to know it's not only me, but then again I'm a big crier :rotfl:

Oh well, you tried! Isn't there a website or an app now that you can use to order things from the park? Might have been worth a try to just order it and ship it home.
Yeah, we could have ordered it there I guess. The smart thing to do would have been to do it earlier in the week, oh well

Again, I can relate. I always try to be go-go-go from the start, but it is kind of a way to set up the more laid back feel later on in the trip. I always like to have the last day be a day to just go with the flow and do what we want to at the time.
Yes, I really liked this plan of action, it was so nice to just enjoy that last day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter