If you like critiquing other people's plans... Come on in!

I'm going about the same days as you! I need to start planning!!! It's so hard with so many Christmas parties going on.

I noticed that you identified your first AK day as 60+3, but it’s actually 60+2. Not a big deal as far as touring goes, but something to be mindful of while you weigh your odds of getting FP for FOP.

Dumb question...what is 60+3 or 60+2? Thanks in advance!

Dumb question...what is 60+3 or 60+2? Thanks in advance!

The 60 is 60 days to checkin. It's 30 if you're not staying on property. The +Xs are days after your checkin. At the 60 day mark you can start booking fastpasses for your whole trip, you want to start booking fastpasses for your last day first because it's the furthest out and will have more openings available.

The 60 is 60 days to checkin. It's 30 if you're not staying on property. The +Xs are days after your checkin. At the 60 day mark you can start booking fastpasses for your whole trip, you want to start booking fastpasses for your last day first because it's the furthest out and will have more openings available.

Thank you!!! So much to learn still...:)

I agree with PPs that these are long days, especially for a 5 year old. My DD is roughly the same age and needs a midday break to recharge or swim, and it's a struggle to make it to fireworks. Disney is tiring! I'd consider RD, heading back to the resort for a few hours, and park hopping somewhere else for the evening. We are big RD people, too, but love our breaks after a busy morning! You have enough days in your trip that you can slow down and enjoy your resort without missing much at the parks.

Just a thought on your Day 2 (Epcot) having done the Bon Voyage breakfast a couple times now. It's actually really nice to use that as a late breakfast so it's easier to RD a few rides at in Future World, do two FPs at 9 and 10 (I'd also recommend TT), and walk over to the Boardwalk to eat. You can even meet Elsa & Anna on the way there or back, and schedule your third FP for after you eat. Getting to the Boardwalk from AKL that early is rough, and you'll be rushing through your meal to make it to RD.

On MVMCP day, I'd definitely have a resort morning or go to Disney Springs for a few hours (which is what we're doing this trip) before heading to the MK in the afternoon! My kids didn't even make it to the parade last year!

I would also think about adding a park day to Day 1- visit AK since you'll be close by!

Have a wonderful trip!! :)

But if you book your last day first and work backward, doesn't that just make it that there's even fewer FPs available for the first days? It seems like booking the last days first just makes it even less likely to get any good FPs for the first days by the time you book them. I have not done this yet and only know legacy FP so I'm trying to figure all this stuff out.

But if you book your last day first and work backward, doesn't that just make it that there's even fewer FPs available for the first days? It seems like booking the last days first just makes it even less likely to get any good FPs for the first days by the time you book them. I have not done this yet and only know legacy FP so I'm trying to figure all this stuff out.
No because you want to try and schedule your good ones on the last days. But if you can't do that, then book the hardest ones first, and then go in and fill in the rest.

Last to first is really only suggested for those 2 or 3 FPs that hard to get at the time you want (SDD, FOP). For example if you are going to AK on your 5th day it makes sense to book FOP first and then booking the earlier days.

If you're booking FP at 60+X days then you're a crazy disney person. There are a lot of us. People are booking those as soon as they open in the morning (I think it's 7am?).

If you're booking FP at 60+X days then you're a crazy disney person. There are a lot of us. People are booking those as soon as they open in the morning (I think it's 7am?).
On day 60 you can book FP for all your days, so if you are going on Dec 1 and check out on Dec 10, you can book Dec 1 to 10 on Oct 3. The later in your trip, the better chance of getting the hard to book FP. FOP is the most difficult, quite often you can’t get before 60+3, then SDD, then 7DMT, then Frozen. If the time is very important, you might want to book the furthest out date for the hardest to get FP to ensure getting it.

For myself I am doing the following order:
60+3 FOP, 60+7 FOP, 60+6 SDD, 60+4 7DMT, then I will go through and do it by date starting at 60.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter