If you had to pick between the 2, which would you pick.. Boma or Sanaa ?

Which do you like better?

• Boma

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Sanaa

Votes: 17 68.0%

• Total voters

jodim

Mouseketeer
We have decided to forgo O'Hana's in lieu of trying something different and the fact that it was very lacking our last time there (dinner, the breakfast has always been good)

We have narrowed it down to Boma or Sanaa... so which is your favorite of those?

We will be going with kiddos age 2-14yo.

We aren't fans of Boma. I know it's popular, but IMHO Sanaa is better. Better yet is Jiko!

We are planning Sanaa...I'm very excited. My son chose it :) We tried Boma a few years ago. I enjoyed it, my DH was so-so, and my kids (around 9/10 at that time?) and they got into a weird mood and barely ate. I think they mostly ate fruit. They didn't complain and we had a nice dinner overall - but it didn't climb up too high in our must-do list. Like many said, the soups were really good. Its pretty expensive for some soups that only I will enjoy though.

Last edited:
We have had both several times, and prefer Sanaa. The quality of the food and service is better, and the bread service in not to be missed. It doesn't have the same generic options as Boma however so if you are traveling with a picky eater that might be a concern.

I ate at both on my first trip to the world in 2015 and I much preferred Sanaa!!!

I really enjoy Sanaa. I haven't been to Boma though, because I don't think I've been to a buffet in the last 15 years, except maybe in Vegas, and those memories are a bit fuzzy:)

I do travel with a picky eater which I think would dislike Sanaa. Boma is nice since it has the more simple foods and some exotic items.

With kids and potentially picky eaters I would definitely do Boma. I'd also recommend Boma for first-timers with this type of food because you can taste so many more dishes. Boma for first-timers and if you like the food, try Sanaa next.

Provided you're comfortable with the menu I'd go for Sanaa - the food's great at both but I prefer the atmosphere at Sanaa.

The first restaurant that we tried at AKL was Boma, and we love it and have eaten there multiple times both breakfast and dinner. On our upcoming May trip we will be trying both Sanaa and Jiko and I personally cannot wait. I have heard many good things about Sanaa but I think that you should take a look at the menu before you make your choice, if you aren't sure if you would like it than try Boma first. As others have stated Boma has some exotic choices along with some very safe ones so you will be able to find something that you should like. Have a great trip and enjoy :)

I agree with looking at the menus. Although the food is very good, Saana is certainly more limited in choice depending on how picky kids are. The bread service however is excellent and alot of fun. Depending on if that appeals to you, that could make it worth it over Boma. I also think that Saana is great if you go during daylight hours so you can see the animals. That adds a nice dimension. Finally, if you are paying OOP, then Saana should be quite a bit cheaper. We recently ate dinner at Boma and it was very good but as with many buffets, we probably didn't get our "money's worth" since we aren't huge eaters.

Sounds like Sanaa is a clear winner. We are more than likely doing ddp but will pay oop at Sanaa since we are doing it for a late lunch and we will more than likely split meals.

Sounds like Sanaa is a clear winner. We are more than likely doing ddp but will pay oop at Sanaa since we are doing it for a late lunch and we will more than likely split meals.
We have eaten at both. Sanaa was alright, but Boma is our favorite restaurant in all of WDW. We own DVC at AKV so we usually stay there. Boma is a must every trip, usually at least twice. We usually go to the lounge at Sanaa and order drinks and the bread service. The flavors at Sanaa might not be something your kids will like, but they will almost definitely find something they like at Boma.

We have decided to forgo O'Hana's in lieu of trying something different and the fact that it was very lacking our last time there (dinner, the breakfast has always been good)

We have narrowed it down to Boma or Sanaa... so which is your favorite of those?

We will be going with kiddos age 2-14yo.
Boma is a buffet, we avoid buffets. But the breakfast at Boma is special.

Sanaa allows for viewing of animals on the Savannah. This requires a meal during daylight (lunch or early dinner some times of the year).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter