If new discount: Modify online or Cancel and start over?

JJsmama

WDW addict
HI,
I have a RO ressie. If a new discount comes out, which I can modify online (for changing resorts, etc.) Right now it is a regular non discounted rate (AFAIK) Supposedly new discounts for early June are expected to come out after the holidays.
If a new discount comes out, will I be able to get that discount and change the current reservation to it myself online (preferred way) or will it be better if I just cancel the existing ressie and start over (which would mean a new deposit?) OR should I just cancel it NOW, get the refund started and cross my fingers for a new discount and start fresh?
Two main goals:
Avoid having to CALL - I can't think when they are rattling off the options. Much prefer online myself
Being able to quickly grab the discount rate when it comes out

Thanks

Right now I'm still unable to see balances or "change or cancel" reservations on MDE. You may have to call - and if you do, ask if they can just modify vs. cancel and starting over.

Luckily, I can see Change under my reservation. I just don't know if I will be able to change from a non discount to a discount rate or if it is only within the current rate I have... Hopefully I can change it.

I would just modify your reservation. A couple of months ago I was able to modify my reservations from a non discount reservation to a discounted reservation. It was very easy & fast to switch it on the website.

I would just modify your reservation. A couple of months ago I was able to modify my reservations from a non discount reservation to a discounted reservation. It was very easy & fast to switch it on the website.
Yea! Thanks so much for that info. Now i just have to cross my fingers...:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!