Ideas on Things to Do After Midnight?

bryanb

DIS Veteran
I'm from the West Coast, so when I arrive in Orlando, it always seems like it's too early to go to bed after the last theme park has closed.

We've gone to Disney Springs before, but it seems like most of the place is closed after midnight. Even Raglan Road, which had a great Irish band, stopped serving food. Same with the few hotel bars that we visited. Last call was surprisingly early at Trader Sam's, for example.

What do you all do when you want to stay out late at Disney?

Unless a park happens to be opened later for the most part everything on property closes up by midnight.. You can find some places not far from property if you wanted to uber/lyft or taxi over there but for the most part it's going to be bars that happen to stay opened until 2 and doens't really mean they have a crowd there.

I've never looked into lounges that might exist in places like bonnet creek or the hotels you find across from springs...

I'm pretty sure the lobby bars at the Swolphin stay open past midnight. I know if they have a good crowd they will.

WDW isn't really geared to that market. Jelly Rolls at the Boardwalk and City Walk at Universal, or a late-closing hotel lounge are probably the best and nearest options, short of Ubering all the way up to the bar/club scene in downtown Orlando. (Which may actually work for you--it would probably be the liveliest option.) You'd need to be mindful of your "getting home" options, which will probably be limited to your own car, Uber, or a taxi. I can't speak for others, but I would suspect most of us are too tired from our days and evenings at WDW to have concrete ideas about things to do after midnight, other than praying that the bus queue we're standing in goes quickly to get back to our resorts. If you're staying at a resort that's "roomy" enough (a moderate would be perfect for this), you can always use the time to stroll the grounds, take a romantic walk if you're with a SO, quiet waterside bench picnic, that sort of thing. But really for the most part, WDW pushes people back to their resorts in the time frame you're thinking about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter