I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts

For this December What would you choose?

• BWI Deluxe room

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • WL Deluxe room

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

pas130

Always missing Florida....
I have a 3 night trip this December booked at BWI. It's me, my MIL, DD10, DD9, DD8, and DS6. I am totally torn between WL and BWI. I've stayed with my DH at WL before and loved it. We've never stayed at BWI before, but we loved our BC stay last month. My DS6 is autistic and loves buses so that is not an issue. I am aware of the WL construction but that lobby AHHHH. Since we are only there a short time I don't know how much we'd use the balcony at either resort. The price is pretty much the same. So since I'm torn I'd appreciate thoughts. Thank you DISers!

And I posted in the wrong board, sorry all. Moderators my apologies, feel free to move it. That's what I get posting from my phone

I would go with the resort that is closest to the park that you plan to spend the most time in. We love the WL, of course, and stayed there in December. It was decorated very nicely but then we are from the Midwest and everything is decorated like that around here at Christmas time. Epcot has a lot more Christmas activity going on than MK. They have storytellers and special concerts. The BC as an amazing chocolate carousel. If I was going to go back at Christmastime again then I would choose an Epcot resort so that I could spend more time with the special activities in Epcot. But then right now it is just DH and I and we don't go on very many rides anymore. If you plan to spend a lot of time in MK then choose WL. I don't think the construction will be a problem. We are staying there in January.

I don't really like the BWI. All of the restaurants are outdoors and they don't have a counter service - although that won't matter for a club level stay. And there is only one bank of elevators. The only exit out of the resort is near the lobby, so there can be some long walks depending on room location.

I would go with the resort that is closest to the park that you plan to spend the most time in. We love the WL, of course, and stayed there in December. It was decorated very nicely but then we are from the Midwest and everything is decorated like that around here at Christmas time. Epcot has a lot more Christmas activity going on than MK. They have storytellers and special concerts. The BC as an amazing chocolate carousel. If I was going to go back at Christmastime again then I would choose an Epcot resort so that I could spend more time with the special activities in Epcot. But then right now it is just DH and I and we don't go on very many rides anymore. If you plan to spend a lot of time in MK then choose WL. I don't think the construction will be a problem. We are staying there in January.

I don't really like the BWI. All of the restaurants are outdoors and they don't have a counter service - although that won't matter for a club level stay. And there is only one bank of elevators. The only exit out of the resort is near the lobby, so there can be some long walks depending on room location.
Sue, thank you. I was hoping you'd weigh in. I plan on hitting EPCOT. And I definitely want to see the lights at DHS since I've never been there. But the one park we kept returning to last month was MK. I don't want to change anything until I am more certain, because I know I'll lose the BWI room.

We love the WL, especially at Christmas. I think it is the best hotel to stay in around the holidays. The woodsy theme, huge fireplace, holiday decorations really get you in the Christmas spirit. The lobby is beautifully decorated. We also enjoy the boat ride to MK. I've never stayed at BWI so I can't comment but I have a hard time believing the holiday decorations are as good at BWI as they are at WL.

We love the WL, especially at Christmas. I think it is the best hotel to stay in around the holidays. The woodsy theme, huge fireplace, holiday decorations really get you in the Christmas spirit. The lobby is beautifully decorated. We also enjoy the boat ride to MK. I've never stayed at BWI so I can't comment but I have a hard time believing the holiday decorations are as good at BWI as they are at WL.
I agree with the decorations. We were there early November one year, and although we didn't get to the Epcot side I doubt that other resorts could compare to GF and WL at Christmas. I keep thinking of sitting and looking at the glorious tree!

I have a 3 night trip this December booked at BWI. It's me, my MIL, DD10, DD9, DD8, and DS6. I am totally torn between WL and BWI. I've stayed with my DH at WL before and loved it. We've never stayed at BWI before, but we loved our BC stay last month. My DS6 is autistic and loves buses so that is not an issue. I am aware of the WL construction but that lobby AHHHH. Since we are only there a short time I don't know how much we'd use the balcony at either resort. The price is pretty much the same. So since I'm torn I'd appreciate thoughts. Thank you DISers!

We've never stayed at BWI, but we love the WL as it's our favorite during the holidays (followed closely by the GF). BWI is a beautiful resort and is nicely decorated for the holidays, but the WL is just amazing! The lobby has a cozy/homey atmosphere and is very welcoming with the huge fireplace in the center surrounded by rocking chairs. I also love how the CL lounge overlooks the lobby as it offers a relaxing way to take in all of the great decorations while watching the hustle and bustle of people coming and going from the lodge. With all of that said, I think you'd have a great time no matter which resort you choose, but my choice would be the WL. Good luck!

We've never stayed at BWI, but we love the WL as it's our favorite during the holidays (followed closely by the GF). BWI is a beautiful resort and is nicely decorated for the holidays, but the WL is just amazing! The lobby has a cozy/homey atmosphere and is very welcoming with the huge fireplace in the center surrounded by rocking chairs. I also love how the CL lounge overlooks the lobby as it offers a relaxing way to take in all of the great decorations while watching the hustle and bustle of people coming and going from the lodge. With all of that said, I think you'd have a great time no matter which resort you choose, but my choice would be the WL. Good luck!
Thank you my friend :hug: I know we love the CL and I think my kids would too. I'm sure you're right that both places are wonderful. I really need to make a good old fashioned list :)

Thank you my friend :hug: I know we love the CL and I think my kids would too. I'm sure you're right that both places are wonderful. I really need to make a good old fashioned list :)

You're welcome :goodvibes. I see you have the GF as your ticker. Did we switch to the GF for the holidays??? :rolleyes1

We have stayed in the BWI deluxe room and at the WL, but not in the deluxe room. Generally, I recommend the WL fir Christmas or the GF. In the Epcot area, I would recommend the BWI at Christmastime. Two reasons that I might choose the BWI over the WL would be 'That deluxe room is amazing!' And the BWI CL is a favorite. Also, the BWI rooms are typically more than WL rooms, are they not? So, if the price is the same then it is a chance to see the BW for a comparable price. Then again, if you are staying in the GF soon, you will be staying in the MK area then, so I would stay in the Epcot area to change it up. Although we prefer to stay in the MK area resorts, we do like to stay in the Epcot area on occasion. In addition, you say that you have stayed in the WL before but the BWI is new. We like to experience all the WDW resorts in a kind of rotation, so we would choose BWI for that reason also. Finally, I never knowingly book a resort under construction and the WL should be under construction during your visit. (OK , that's more than two reasons!)

Bottom line:

Despite the fact that the WL is usually neck and neck with the GF for a Christmas resort in WDW, I would suggest the BWI this time for your group.

Good luck choosing!

If the construction won't be an issue for you, WL all the way at Christmas time. That lobby. Enough said. We loved staying at WL but our last three stays were at the YC and I find we don't get to MK as much as I'd like to when staying at the Epcot resorts. Either resort will be great. Enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter