I won an e-bay item!

Tuffcookie

Enjoys an early hour of peace. Is a smart cookie.
A brand new Lilo and Stitch DVD for $14.50 & $1.30 S&H! This is DS's favorite Disney movie. He will be so surprised when it arrives!:)

TC:cool:

Now you're in trouble. You've been bitten by the ebay bug. You'll have to listen to Weird Al Yankovic's new CD Poodle Hat. It has a song about Ebay'ers. They're worse than DISers. :teeth:

Congrats on your winning bid.

Ebay CAN be a VERY good thing. I have bought terrific items for good prices.
Then I see the other auctions...... Ya just gotta watch yourself.

I love eBay. Last year, I got 16 rolls of APS film for a steal. I got it for cheaper than I could buy it online. I think it finally boiled down to $0.06/exposure. Mickey

Congratuations! When I was at WDW last month, I got the #2 of 3 AP pins for the Flower & Garden Festival. I really wanted #1 but it was sold out by the time we got there and #3 didn't come out until after we left. So I checked e-bay, I won the #1 for $15.00, at WDW it was $10.50 plus tax. I bid on the same pin in an earlier auction but lost, it went for over $18.00. There were several up for auction so I waited and I ended up being the only one to bid for the one I won. The person lived in Orlando, so I e-mailed him and asked if he was going to have #3 available. He e-mailed me back that he was and he would sell it to me for the same $15.00. So now I have all 3! :D

Boy, the eBay bug is about as strong as the DIS bug!!

I got bit a couple of weeks ago as a SELLER, thanks to C. Ann and the Budget Board, and believe me, it's been VERY profitable! My son is now checking it out and we just won Terminator 1 and 2 for him today for $2.99. That's cheaper than renting! He wanted to rent them because T3 is coming out this summer so this was the better deal.

The best part is what my son said this morning, "the best part about Ebay is if after you BUY it and you get tired of it, you can SELL it! It's better than renting! "

Amen to that! :teeth:

Word of caution -- if you are an Ebay (or any auction) and/or Paypal user --
Neither one will send you an e-mail asking for you to reply with your cc or bank info.
I have had two of these scam e-mails this week. Each has the Paypal logo, including the (R) after the name.
No company will ask for you to reply with your bank ID/cc #, etc.
This is the e-mail in one form:

"PayPal
Dear PayPal Customer
This e-mail is the notification of recent innovations taken by PayPal to detect inactive customers and non-functioning mailboxes.
The inactive customers are subject to restriction and removal in the next 3 months.
Please confirm your email address and Credit or Check Card information using the form below:
Email Address:
Password:
First Name:
Last Name:
ZIP:
Credit or Check Card #:
Expiration Date:
ATM PIN:
Information transmitted using 128bit SSL encryption.
Thanks for using PayPal!
This PayPal notification was sent to this email address because you are a Web Accept user and chose to receive the PayPal Periodical newsletter and Product Updates. To modify your notification preferences, go to (omit) and log in to your account. Changes may take several days to be reflected in our mailings. Replies to this email will not be processed.

Copyright© 2003 PayPal Inc. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners."

I have reported both e-mails to Paypal. All I have heard back is a standard e-mail thanking me for reporting.

Me too! I won a Becky hammon autographed tee-shirt for Hunter on there. Becky is Hunter's favorite WNBA player (NY LIBERTY) and we couldn't find anything "Becky" anywhere around so I checked out e-Bay. We were lucky enough to meet her this year as she played NWBL (TN FURY) right here in our town.
My e-Bay experiences have been great!
I really should learn to sell.:rolleyes:

UH OH you are in trouble!!!!

I spend WAYYY to much time on e-bay!!!

About the only sites I get on anymore are here and there!!!

Have Fun!!

Originally posted by Buckalew

I really should learn to sell.:rolleyes:

Brenda, I thought the same thing.

I inherited aLOT of my parents stuff, alot of which I have no room for or have too many memories.

I started reading C.Ann's post on the Budget Board last month.http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=349235&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Result, I've sold a bunch of Michael's old junk and some of my parents' stuff and have made over $300 in two weeks!! :bounce: And that's just for JUNK!

I'm in the process of learning how to be a Power Seller on eBay. This can be a great part time home business if you dedicate yourself. It's so nice to have a way to MAKE money instead of spending it!

:p Congrats!!!!! The e- bay has stuck again,Beaware of the moola monster. lol:jester: It was really nice meeting you and your ds at our mini meet this past spring.Okay i know i dont post on this board much but dw does aka mum4jenn.

I've sold a lot more than I've bought on ebay, and Robin, you are right - its a great way to make some extra money! Sure beats having a yard sale - you don't have to sit out there in the hot sun arguing with people over a quarter! :p

My biggest sale on ebay was when I sold 12 Longaberger baskets and made a little over $1300! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter