"I want more....and I know I shouldn't" - 2 Food & Wine Festival Trips - 12/10 Complete! Goofy's/STK

This doesn’t shock me as he literally is the candy monster. (He has found every place I’ve hidden sweets in the house - including a tampon box! What man looks in a tampon box for candy?!?!)

That's dedication. I have the same thing with Fran. We bought these cake mixes and frostings a while back and they were very specific Cinnamon bun. We bought the same number of frostings as we did cake mixes and I noticed a while back that all the frostings were gone but one. So I hid it in another cupboard. This morning I found out that I didn't hide it well enough as it was next to her side of the bed empty. I'm wondering if she has found what's left of the Halloween candy. It's in a similar place but a couple shelves lower. It's hard for her to look low and far back.

I’ve given up in my attempts for candy hiding and instead just take candy directly to work if I want to not share.

I don't have a work to take it to unless I take it to our old house and then I would have to drive 3 miles to get it if i wanted it!

For my husband’s first course - he went with their lovely cheddar cheese soup. This soup has loads of bacon throughout along with lots of cheese and beer. (Not sure how well it paired with ice wine though but that wasn’t my problem or selection) For easing back into eating meat - probably a very smart choice. I mean, who doesn’t love Bacon?

Sounds like a reasonable choice to me. It's "kinda vegetarian".

Vanilla Poached Maine Lobster - Blue Crab-Ancient Grains Salad, Spiced Phyllo, Tiny Greens, Blood Orange Vinaigrette

That sounds awesome to me!

The risotto was super tasty and I love that the mushrooms are big enough to pick out.

You don't like mushrooms! :eek:

We got a complimentary fastpass good for Soarin for the two of us!

That's great!

Your dinner sounded great! Lots of friends, plenty of food and even if your husbands salad got forgotten you did get enough food to be happy!

I’m sad they don’t have butter with the bread anymore, I guess Kerrygold didn’t want to give it out for free this year!

Our Harris Teeter (supermarket) gives free bread & Kerrygold samples every single weekend.. better believe I get one every time haha. So good.

This doesn’t shock me as he literally is the candy monster. (He has found every place I’ve hidden sweets in the house - including a tampon box! What man looks in a tampon box for candy?!?!)

HAHAHAHA omg!!! Good on him for really thinking about what he's putting in his body though! Did he react well? Is he back to eating meat full-time?

fHGt0yW.jpg

Ice Wine Flight

Love Ice Wine! I agree, I think of it as more of a dessert-y wine because it is almost syrupy. But it's delicious! We used to live in an area of PA where they made ice wine, some of it is so good.

Love the Le Cellier pics, funny because I think I ordered mine medium in April and it came out wayyyyy too rare for me. That poutine looks sooo, so good!

Another place to add to my list! I swear, every time I read a review it reminds me that I have so many places to try! Yachtsman looks amazing!....everything....I'll take it all! Maybe I'll add it to my February trip?! The Dis meet dinner is a great idea! How fun!!

As for your stepdad, hang in there. Your mom is lucky to have you for support. I've been there unfortunately. Many thoughts and prayers.

There are a lot of places to try now around WDW! Too many places we love and not enough days to go to them all. The dinner with the group was a nice event!

Thank you for the thoughts!

Still refining plans, but in addition to Disney in February we are doing Key West, Napa/Sonoma, and at least a week at the beach this summer

Oh yeah you have the half in Key West in January! How fun to do Napa/Sonoma! That is on the list but I want my husband to drink more reds than Pinot Noir before we do it. We're getting there at least! I forget you don't live as close to the beach as I do.

Wow!!!! That sounds amazing. Italy is on my bucket list, but dang Disney keeps taking my money so we stay stateside

Disney does take a lot of my money too but I figured if I booked the trip - I have to make it happen so we would spend less at Disney in 2017. We'll see how that works out.

Brave man!!!!!

WOW. WOW. And um yeah WOW. Pretty much all I got for that. Their risotto looks so fine it looks like mashed potatoes instead of risotto. Wish they had this on our last trip as there is no chance I could have resisted. Truffles are one of my all time favorite foods/flavors.

My husband wasn't even phased by it! I knew you would love that risotto ;) It was so so good! I was so happy with it - the sauce was so creamy and mmm! Wish I had some right now!

Again, I'm so sorry about your stepdad. Hospice is so hard. I hope you have really great people helping like my family did. I'm praying for you and your family.

So true! It doesn't matter how long you've been running, there is always something to learn.

Good point! Post-half, he definitely should have eaten more than that! I know some people don't like to eat afterward. I don't really, but I have to make myself. It's better in the long run.

I arrived in St. Augustine last night and will be hanging out in Hospice today. The 'sitter' my mother had to hire at $18.50 an hour didn't do what she was supposed to though and apparently slept all night despite being hired to actually watch him (extreme confusion) I'm going to deal with that today. The nurses are great though from what I've seen.

MY husband is weird with his postrun eating - sometimes its like I'm going to eat everything and sometimes its like nope not today!

That risotto looks amazing, as does the Caesar! I think I would be happy with those two dishes for a meal, and I love steak!

I would go for that risotto alone! So good!

That's dedication. I have the same thing with Fran. We bought these cake mixes and frostings a while back and they were very specific Cinnamon bun. We bought the same number of frostings as we did cake mixes and I noticed a while back that all the frostings were gone but one. So I hid it in another cupboard. This morning I found out that I didn't hide it well enough as it was next to her side of the bed empty. I'm wondering if she has found what's left of the Halloween candy. It's in a similar place but a couple shelves lower. It's hard for her to look low and far back.

I don't have a work to take it to unless I take it to our old house and then I would have to drive 3 miles to get it if i wanted it!

Yeah I did the cupboard thing and he always found it...did the nightstand thing..he found it...it was bad. At least at work he can't get it! It doest suck it isn't in the house if I want it at night though. SO I understand the 3 mile pain.

Sounds like a reasonable choice to me. It's "kinda vegetarian".

That sounds awesome to me!

You don't like mushrooms! :eek:
That's great!

At least it had bacon. I mean if I was vegetarian, I'm pretty sure the food I would miss the most would be bacon.

Mushroom are icky but at least I can handle picking them out!

Your dinner sounded great! Lots of friends, plenty of food and even if your husbands salad got forgotten you did get enough food to be happy!

It was! And of all the food to get missed - a salad isn't that bid of a deal.

Our Harris Teeter (supermarket) gives free bread & Kerrygold samples every single weekend.. better believe I get one every time haha. So good.

HAHAHAHA omg!!! Good on him for really thinking about what he's putting in his body though! Did he react well? Is he back to eating meat full-time?

Love Ice Wine! I agree, I think of it as more of a dessert-y wine because it is almost syrupy. But it's delicious! We used to live in an area of PA where they made ice wine, some of it is so good.

Love the Le Cellier pics, funny because I think I ordered mine medium in April and it came out wayyyyy too rare for me. That poutine looks sooo, so good!

Oh I would so be all over getting free bread and butter every weekend!

He's reacted fine on going back to meat full time. He has an ironstomach and I think he was worried for nothing. Gross story alert - back in my college days - I did a school project that I went out of the country for a couple of months - when I came back - I found a stack of pizza boxes (about 14 of them) in his room. Turned out - he never even refrigerated them after ordering. If his stomach can handle that - I'm sure it can handle animal protein.

(I don't allow for leftovers not to be refrigerated)

Refreshment Coolpost

When we headed straight into EPCOT, it was almost time for the Frozen FP+ to start, the lady that would be using my husband’s FP+ and myself left everyone else in the dust and headed straight to Norway fighting against the mix of day guest and party guest crowds!

enhr4Qf.jpg

Frozen Ride Info

tQjnif5.jpg

:( I miss Maelstrom

My thoughts? It is just ok. I feel the work was really rushed and I could tell (Quality Engineer here! I’m good at observations!) Like the scene that used to have the Polar Bears - they just removed the polar bears and added animation effects along the walls. That feels cheap to me. The track also felt shorter but I couldn’t confirm or deny if they did that after 1 ride. I could see why the Frozen loving children would like it though. Maybe I’m just over Frozen. I am glad I got to go on it with a FP+ as there is no way I would wait over an hour for that ride!

After our ride, we headed the Coolpost to get a drink! We both got a Frozen Brown Elephant (my friend’s treat as she used her W&D gift card for it) and then we parted ways. She was going to go back to her hotel and I was going to back to mine. Despite having friends in the park, I was tired and my husband wasn’t there. I know I can get cranky while tired and didn’t have him to call me on it! We would do F&W tomorrow so it wasn’t a deal breaker for me to not get to enjoy the Wine & Dine Afterparty.

9m66rhA.jpg

Frozen Brown Elephant - Frozen Coca-Cola layered w/ Amarula Cream Liqueur

Back at the room - it wasn’t long before I was dead asleep!​

Food & Wine Booths

We woke up naturally well, early. 6AM so I guess that was sleeping in! We didn’t rush though. We enjoyed relaxation and playing on our phones/computers until it was time to get moving for the day. Around 8:30AM - we headed towards EPCOT International Gateway!

As we had our special FP+ for Soarin thanks to Le Cellier, we decided we would head to Test Track first. Each time we pick a different element to focus on. Today was the first time we actually maxed out! 99 on Power!!!! Go us!

E3hzSck.jpg

pyV4hml.jpg

Test Track - Winning at Power

From Test Track, we went on Living with the Land with its 0 minute wait. I just wanted to get a nice photo of the Mickey Pumpkin but well - I ended up with a different pumpkin in there as well!

xhy78mp.jpg

Living w/ The Land - Mickey Pumpkins!

From there we used our Soarin Fastpass. My husband loved the updates as well! We went on Nemo and Figment and then it was finally time for the real reason of the day to start...Food & Wine Festival Booths!!!!!!

Greenhouse Guru

The first stop was for me. I love duck and I’m ok with polenta. I was really happy with this dish and finished it off in no time!

NXlAFf8.jpg

Duck Confit w/ Creamy Polenta w/ Fire-Roasted Salsa

Chocolate Studio

Both of us enjoyed some selections at the Chocolate Studio. My husband really liked his raspberry torte - so much so that I was only allowed a single bite! I got him back though as I only allowed him a single bite of my chocolate-almond truffle. Seemed only fair!

dcgvFlp.jpg

Ghirardelli Chocolate Raspberry Torte

mgKXrdy.jpg

Liquid Nitro Chocolate-Almond Truffle w/ Warm Whiskey Caramel Sauce

Islands of the Caribbean

My husband wanted to get the Quesito here and really liked it! I skipped taking a bite as I really don’t like cream cheese but he finished it off quickly. He was also happy when I noted that we have an Peruvian Chicken place in Naples that sells those types of desserts. Guess we’ll be going there soon!

mbFXZHe.jpg

Quesito: Puff Pastry w/ Sweetened Cream Cheese & Guava Sauce

Desserts & Champagne

Our next selection was for both of us! We each picked a flavor we wanted for our hard soda float! I went with Cherry Cola whereas he went with Orange Cream. These were really refreshing and we were happy with the amount of ice cream it came with!

srRxjHn.jpg

Rv5u18G.jpg

Hard Soda Floats w/ Vanilla Soft Serve - Sprecher Hard Cherry Cola Float & Sprecher Hard Orange Cream Soda Float

Farm Fresh

We were sadden to see that they weren’t doing a flight at Farm Fresh this year for the cider options! Without the flight - we just picked two of the ciders that we know we loved. I went with the elderberry whereas my husband had the raspberry. The elderberry one is the one that is super dark :)

gbPEkG0.jpg

Two Henrys Elderberry Hard Cider & Woodchuck Raspberry Hard Cider

China

As we pretty much had a lot of sweets or alcohol, we decided to get something not sweet in China! I had the Roasted Duck. I love duck and this bun was no complaint either! My husband enjoyed his beer :)

IfjwP6f.jpg

Beijing Roasted Duck in Steamed Bun w/ Hoisin Sauce & Tsingtao Beer

Brewer’s Collection

Since we were sad we couldn’t get a flight at Farm Fresh, we decided a flight could be had at Brewer’s Collection! We were happy with this. All 3 of them were very flavorful but the Schofferhofer Zitrone was the best of the three!

ynL81xj.jpg

Beer Flight - Radeberger Zwickel Pilsner, Hacker-Pschorr Hefe Weisse, Schofferhofer Zitrone Weizen Mix

Hops & Barley

In America, I had to go with the spiked tea! It was just ok. Not the best orange vodka around (it is made in Florida so what do you expect?) but it was nice to cool me down!

k88cZOi.jpg

Frozen Orange-Spiked Tea w/ Florida Cane Orlando Orange Vodka

Japan

I went for shrimp and rice in Japan. This totally filled my stomach with something filling to soak up the alcohol we had been consuming :) It wasn’t the most flavorful dish but at that point, I was ok with that.

ZlcmP9s.jpg

Garlic Shrimp: Marinated Shrimp sauteed with Garlic & Butter Served Over Rice

Belgium

My husband was all about Belgium! It has two of his festival favorites there. I was going to get cheese bread from Brazil at this time but they had ran out and it would be about 10 minutes until it was ready so we passed on waiting for me! He really was happy with his waffle and we know the cidre is enjoyable as we have that at home a fair amount!

UP8OUXC.jpg

Belgian Waffle w/ Warm Chocolate Ganache & Whipped Cream & Stella Artois Cidre

France

For our last stop, we got alcohol in France! My husband enjoyed the ice pop but commented that it melted too quickly and thus became a mess (he got some on his jacket) My frozen beverage was not messy. It stayed contained within its lovely plastic glass!

ZrQou2E.jpg

Frozen Daiquiri Ice Pop - Strawberry Puree w/ French Caribbean Rhum Clement & La Passion Martini Slush: Vodka, Grey Goose Le Citron, Cranberry & Passion Fruit Juice

Properly liquored up, we headed back to the hotel. We had a little bit of time to kill before we were going to head to Disney Springs but we weren’t sure how long we were going to be at Disney Springs for!​

Kari, we lived in Napa for several years and my DH worked at a couple of different wineries. Let me know if you need any suggestions! :D

I will most definitely take you up on that offer. We've been a few times, but are always looking for new places. We aren't going until September so I'll message you when it gets closer.

As always, another fabulous trip around the world showcase. Especially loving the look of your duck and the hard soda floats. I just ready about the new food art thing they are doing so hoping we get some similar yumminess in February.

I'm totally with you on the frozen ride. Even Casey wasn't thrilled with it. Speaking of Casey, it totally looks like she designed your test track car for you ; )

ok, now we may need to try Yachtman's next year too. I've booked it before but we always cancel because we are always full after eating at the Food and Wine Fest! I definitely want to sign up for Lumiere's 2 course challenge for next year, 3 medals for 2 events count me in! Plus i've already booked our cruise for 11/6/17. The only thing that is freaking me out is not being able to register for the events because I know this one typically sells out fast.

Funny on your choices...I'm not so big on duck, so I passed on the duck on all the places where you got it!

I actually thought they had too much ice cream in the hard soda floats, I would have liked more hard soda than ice cream.

As always, another fabulous trip around the world showcase. Especially loving the look of your duck and the hard soda floats. I just ready about the new food art thing they are doing so hoping we get some similar yumminess in February.

I'm totally with you on the frozen ride. Even Casey wasn't thrilled with it. Speaking of Casey, it totally looks like she designed your test track car for you ; )

I hope that new food art thing turns out to be something fun! We aren't currently planning on going but that plan might change. My mother told me today she's planning on buying the Gold Pass for herself after her husband passes. I think the Art/Food thing will be a good mother/daughter weekend.

Glad I'm not the only adult that feels that way and in some way I'm validated that the prime target for that ride wasn't thrilled with it either :)

I may just press random colors and designs on the car at that portion and see if he forces me to change it...as we got to 99 Power ---- he didn't. Made it easier to make sure it was ours on the screen!

ok, now we may need to try Yachtman's next year too. I've booked it before but we always cancel because we are always full after eating at the Food and Wine Fest! I definitely want to sign up for Lumiere's 2 course challenge for next year, 3 medals for 2 events count me in! Plus i've already booked our cruise for 11/6/17. The only thing that is freaking me out is not being able to register for the events because I know this one typically sells out fast.

I get that - there are a few restaurants I seemed to cancel a million times until we finally ate there. Yay for doing Lumiere's next year! Maybe we''ll end up arranging a celebratory dinner together again there and you guys can join us! :)

I'm nervous about registration as well. If AP sign ups are a week beforehand - thats the day we leave to travel to Star Wars. Actual Sign Up is the day we travel home from Star Wars. I may be giving someone else my credit card info to do it for me! My husband is doing Lumiere's whereas I want to just do the 10K. Yay for a cruise! You are going to enjoy it!

Funny on your choices...I'm not so big on duck, so I passed on the duck on all the places where you got it!

I actually thought they had too much ice cream in the hard soda floats, I would have liked more hard soda than ice cream.

Well if you aren't a fan of duck, I totally get why you skipped it! I just love duck too much to pass it up! You and I seem to always try some different things!

I knew we would be doing a lot more drinking so I was ok with the soda/ice cream ratio but I get what you were saying. My husband LOVES ice cream and would eat it for every meal if he could so there is no such thing as too much ice cream for him.

Coca-Cola Bar

At 2:00PM, we headed to the bus stop at the Swan to head towards Disney Springs. We lucked out and didn’t have to wait too long! We were dropped off at the new Towncenter but we decided to walk towards the new Coca-Cola Building and see what cocktails they have. As an FYI, before 3:00PM, they don’t serve alcohol...this made us change up on our selections as weren’t going to wait the extra 20 minutes for alcohol.

ILP0Nrp.jpg

Coke Selection

I went with a Mexican Fanta Strawberry as I love how Mexican sodas are made with real cane sugar. This flavor isn’t one that is easily found around Naples (unlike Coke or Fanta Orange)

I questioned why my husband went with the Freestyle as many a place have it around town like Moe’s, BurgerFi, etc...but he thought this one might have some things different than normal. He was disappointed - it did not.

BoVX9L8.jpg

Mexican Fanta Strawberry & Freestyle

On our way down - I stopped by to find out what the “Polar Bear Experience” was. It is apparently a meet and greet with the Coke Bear! I felt bad that the couple walked in and out on it before hand so I just embraced meeting the bear and took a photo with him.

ar6zQsp.jpg
C5S0UX7.jpg

Polar Bear Experience!

Afterwards, we headed down Westside to shop a little at the Marvel Store and the Star Wars store although we didn’t buy anything. We headed to AMC as we had tickets for Dr. Strange!​

Fork & Screen

We picked up our tickets from the kiosk as we had reserved them the night before. I actually had told my husband when he left me after Yachtsman, I would be ok with as long as he did that. He sent me a text message proving he did!

We settled into our seats and immediately I ordered a margarita and my husband got some diet soda of some kind. We read of the menus and decided on food. I got two appetizers and my husband got an entree. I think it was a mistake for me to get two appetizers as I ended up leaving about half of the sampler behind!

I got the big bite sampler as I thought it would be a good option to snack on during the movie since it was options that for the most part should last a while as it got cold outside of the loaded tots. After having enjoyed my other appetizer, well, most of this went to waste outside of the loaded tots and buttermilk biscuits! Opps! That was my fault!

KebdkOv.jpg

Big Bite Sampler - Boneless Wings, Loaded Tots, Pretzel Bites and Buttermilk Biscuits

I went with the crispy shrimp roll as it sounded really good to me. I was happy with this. It was properly rolled and flavors balanced enough!

MgwzJ4h.jpg

Crispy Shrimp Sushi Roll

And my husband fully dove into meat! He went with the southern-style chicken tender platter. He was very happy with this and finished it off not long after it was served! It was also served with french fries and my husband loves his potato products!

2qgadYS.jpg

Southern-Style Chicken Tenders

I only took the photos of the food because it was before the previews for the movie started so I didn’t feel bad about having to use flash! My margarita was not timely in delivery so it gets no photo. It was really balanced and I was happy with it though!

No Photo B/c It Took Forever!
Watermelon Margarita

We enjoyed our movie and the food. What I like about the Fork & Screen over the other option Disney Springs is that we can reserve our exact seats when we decide to see the movie. It costs a little extra but I like not having to worry about that and the options for food was nice as well! Who doesn’t like to be served during a movie? It is great to have an assigned seat as well when you know the movie is going to be popular such as Dr. Strange!​

Looks like a great evening in DTD. I hadn't even heard about the new coke place. I may or may not be a recovering Coke addict so I'm not sure I could be trusted to go, but maybe one day.

AMC looks like a great place to catch a movie. Our local theater lets us reserve seats and I wouldn't ever do it another way. Sadly though, no food service but they are working on building a bar. Should make all the kids movies we have to see more tolerable!

Looks like a great evening in DTD. I hadn't even heard about the new coke place. I may or may not be a recovering Coke addict so I'm not sure I could be trusted to go, but maybe one day.

AMC looks like a great place to catch a movie. Our local theater lets us reserve seats and I wouldn't ever do it another way. Sadly though, no food service but they are working on building a bar. Should make all the kids movies we have to see more tolerable!

It was a good evening at DTD! I'm just sad we were too early for the alcoholic beverages!

I go through soda phases. I'm currently in one. I know its bad for me but well, I'll get out of this one eventually and go back to just sparkling water again.

Thats great your local theater has you reserve seats! We have both here - I use the reserved seat theater for opening night or other major releases - I'll be purchasing a row of 10 seats for Rogue One on Monday at one of them for sure! Both of the reserved seat theaters have bars and real food too - more reasons to move to Florida ;) We even have an awesome foodie scene as well! (Your husband would be all about trying to get into that Winter Wine Festival for free I bet!)

I go to Regal when I go to movies by myself on the weekend for the early showings or for when my husband and I go to movies on Monday or Tuesday nights and thus we know it won't be crowded.

I would need alcohol to see most of the kid movies outside of the select few I've willing seen as a childless adult in the last year (Secret Life of Pets, Pete's Dragon, The Good Dinosaur)

Blaze Pizza

After our movie, we walked around Disney Springs more...we bought more Disney Artwork as that’s what we do. I bought Star Wars Yoga Pants at Trend-D. Nothing looked exciting to me at the Lego Store. I did realize though that I would want food again before going to bed. I remembered how much I liked my pizza from Blaze back in September and I knew that would be a great ‘to-go’ option as pizza is even good when luke-warm or cold! It took all of 12 minutes for me to get through the line and my pizza. (My husband declined on getting one) Pizza in hand, we headed to the bus stop to head back to the Swan. We had to wait a while for a the bus to come (much to the annoyance of other people in the line since we did see some resorts get multiple buses in that time - oh well)

I finished my Key Lime Mint Water while we were waiting for that bus. It was super yummy and my husband stole more than I wanted him to!

nLbZL1L.jpg

At Bus Stop

When we got back to the hotel, I got set up for dinner and for us to watch Gotham!

bIE8BX9.jpg

Watching Gotham!

Even though my pizza was not longer hot (it had been about 45 minutes) I was still really happy with it. My husband had a dinner of chocolate covered peanuts and applesauce. I made the better life choice, obviously!

CCpomAy.jpg

Individual Pie w/ Cheese, Red Onions, Bacon, Sea Salt, Parm

Skipper’s Canteen

My husband woke up at like 6AM and went for a run. He’s crazy and really enjoys running. I instead dealt with work stuff. We also got into our first and only ‘fight’ of the trip. We agreed to head downstairs at 8:15AM to get on the bus for Magic Kingdom. At 8:15AM - he wasn’t dressed and in bed watching his computer. I left him behind.

Well, the bus was there and didn’t arrive until a little after 8:30AM which he had arrived just in time for (which of course he made a sarcastic comment to, men!) We headed to Peter Pan, Little Mermaid, Buzz Lightyear, Space Mountain and eventually made our way to the Jingle Cruise! The Magic Kingdom was a madhouse but it was Jersey Week so guess that explains it.

F3GRi2B.jpg
LFhRkwj.jpg

Jingle Cruise!

After Jingle Cruise, we were done with the crowds and we checked into lunch early and during check in the lady kept staring at my husband like he was strange. We went into the waiting area and I look at my husband’s shoulder and I scream. LOUDLY. Why?

Well...

jJlx3qc.jpg

My Husband’s Pascal!

He somehow got a buddy on either the Jingle Cruise or us leaving the Jingle Cruise! He jumped off after we noticed him though.

We were sat at the same exact table we were at the first time we were here. I ordered my sugary sweet soda along with my husband getting his diet coke. I like being able to get something different especially in a park where I can’t get alcohol!

PsAz54E.jpg

Special Soda - Melon Frosty

Our server was full of great puns and jokes! Really made the meal! We enjoyed our bread and honey as we waited for our meal.

lBiLBrd.jpg

Bread & Honey

We both got the same dish - except for protein choice. I got duck. He got chicken. We both love this noodle bowl! The broth is super flavorful and there is a ton of meat and noodles and veggies inside this dish. It is like the bowl that never ever ends. I ended up asking my server if he’s ever seen someone finish the dish. He said he’s had one person in all his time finish it and that was because the guy asked him the same question and was told no and he was determined to be the first! It also felt really refreshing after having a lot of junk food the day before!

Ttg3qf2.jpg

Nile Nellie’s Noodle Bowl w/ Duck - Niles & Niles of Rice Noodles...Fragrant Broth served with Jalapeños and fresh Herbs

pmPeBUr.jpg

Nile Nellie’s Noodle Bowl w/ Chicken - Niles & Niles of Rice Noodles...Fragrant Broth served with Jalapeños and fresh Herbs

We split dessert with the Kungaloosh! Cake. Our server lamented in our sadness of the loss of Pleasure Island as he said he was never old enough to enjoy it. I told him I got all of 1 year to and thus only got to enjoy Adventurer’s Club like 2 times! The Cake is awesome - we do love the cashew caramel ice cream and that chocolate cake but splitting it is the best option so that we have more room for other stuff.

DyTgkL0.jpg

Kungaloosh! - African Inspired Chocolate Cake w/ Caramelized Bananas served with Cashew Caramel Ice Cream Topped w/ Coffee Dust

Skipper’s Canteen

My husband woke up at like 6AM and went for a run. He’s crazy and really enjoys running. I instead dealt with work stuff. We also got into our first and only ‘fight’ of the trip. We agreed to head downstairs at 8:15AM to get on the bus for Magic Kingdom. At 8:15AM - he wasn’t dressed and in bed watching his computer. I left him behind.

Well, the bus was there and didn’t arrive until a little after 8:30AM which he had arrived just in time for (which of course he made a sarcastic comment to, men!) We headed to Peter Pan, Little Mermaid, Buzz Lightyear, Space Mountain and eventually made our way to the Jingle Cruise! The Magic Kingdom was a madhouse but it was Jersey Week so guess that explains it.

F3GRi2B.jpg
LFhRkwj.jpg

Jingle Cruise!

After Jingle Cruise, we were done with the crowds and we checked into lunch early and during check in the lady kept staring at my husband like he was strange. We went into the waiting area and I look at my husband’s shoulder and I scream. LOUDLY. Why?

Well...

jJlx3qc.jpg

My Husband’s Pascal!

He somehow got a buddy on either the Jingle Cruise or us leaving the Jingle Cruise! He jumped off after we noticed him though.

We were sat at the same exact table we were at the first time we were here. I ordered my sugary sweet soda along with my husband getting his diet coke. I like being able to get something different especially in a park where I can’t get alcohol!

PsAz54E.jpg

Our server was full of great puns and jokes! Really made the meal! We enjoyed our bread and honey as we waited for our meal.

lBiLBrd.jpg

Bread & Honey

We both got the same dish - except for protein choice. I got duck. He got chicken. We both love this noodle bowl! The broth is super flavorful and there is a ton of meat and noodles and veggies inside this dish. It is like the bowl that never ever ends. I ended up asking my server if he’s ever seen someone finish the dish. He said he’s had one person in all his time finish it and that was because the guy asked him the same question and was told no and he was determined to be the first! It also felt really refreshing after having a lot of junk food the day before!

Ttg3qf2.jpg

Nile Nellie’s Noodle Bowl w/ Duck - Niles & Niles of Rice Noodles...Fragrant Broth served with Jalapeños and fresh Herbs

pmPeBUr.jpg

Nile Nellie’s Noodle Bowl w/ Chicken - Niles & Niles of Rice Noodles...Fragrant Broth served with Jalapeños and fresh Herbs

We split dessert with the Kungaloosh! Cake. Our server lamented in our sadness of the loss of Pleasure Island as he said he was never old enough to enjoy it. I told him I got all of 1 year to and thus only got to enjoy Adventurer’s Club like 2 times! The Cake is awesome - we do love the cashew caramel ice cream and that chocolate cake but splitting it is the best option so that we have more room for other stuff.

DyTgkL0.jpg

Kungaloosh! - African Inspired Chocolate Cake w/ Caramelized Bananas served with Cashew Caramel Ice Cream Topped w/ Coffee Dust

That would make me crazy. If I want to leave at 8:15, dang it...I want to leave at 8:15. One of the perks of traveling solo!

Skipper’s Canteen

F3GRi2B.jpg
LFhRkwj.jpg

Jingle Cruise!

Well...

jJlx3qc.jpg

My Husband’s Pascal!

PsAz54E.jpg

lBiLBrd.jpg

Bread & Honey

Ttg3qf2.jpg

pmPeBUr.jpg

DyTgkL0.jpg

how is the melon soda? I am not really a soda person but I AM a melon person!

Those noodle bowls at SC look so good--I may have to order that next time!

Awesome reviews as usual! :)

They are so good! So refreshing and such a change of pace from a typical park sit down lunch!

That would make me crazy. If I want to leave at 8:15, dang it...I want to leave at 8:15. One of the perks of traveling solo!

It drove me crazy too! Its why I left him behind. Sadly, the buses weren't on my schedule and he made it down before the bus arrived...oh well! I like my solo trips as well!

how is the melon soda? I am not really a soda person but I AM a melon person!

It is sickly sweet. I know it is that sweet so I'm ok with it but I can't drink as much of it as I would like a Coke Zero or something. You can actually try a small sample of it for free at EPCOT in Club Cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!