I think we're going to book!

Disney_Dani

Earning My Ears
So, DH & I really want to join all of you on the next podcast cruise!! I'm excited and nervous at the same time because we've never done a cruise before, and our daughter will be 2 at the time. But we really really want to go so I think we're just going to do it!

Can I ask a few q's here??

1. When I do the booking, will my DD "count" as a person? I think I'm understanding that even though she'll be 2, I'll still have to pay for 3 people? So basically for cruises it doesn't matter what age you are, all bodies are paid for regardless?

2. Is an inside stateroom that bad? I'm nervous because we've never done a cruise, and I'm afraid of feeling closed in without some type of window. But I can't really afford to get anything more than the bottom of the barrel room, especially since DD will be putting me at a higher price to begin with (as you can tell, I'm very used to only paying for 2!). If it's a matter of going or not going, is the category 11 ok?

Sorry if these questions are lame...I know NOTHING about cruising, and I'm just starting my research right this very moment! :)

Our first time we had a porthole room. It was one of those that was called a "Secret Porthole Room" meaning that there was some rescue equipment outside it so it only ran the same price as an inside stateroom. Might want to ask Tracy if she can get you one of these once she's back. They book pretty quick, but worth a shot.

As to the difference of the feel of the two. I was very hesitant on this last cruise because we had an inside room. I was expecting the worse, and figured I would feel really cramped in. That was not the case. The room was a tiny bit smaller, but it wasn't noticable to me, and I'm a big guy. It didn't have the split bathroom, (toilot and sink in one, shower and sink in other) but I believe the shower was actually a little bigger for it. Anothe plus was the position of the bed. On the inside rooms, the bed sits perpendicular or crosswise to the way the ship sways. So if you're a first timer, this is a plus as it helps to minimize the green gill effect since you're not rocking with the ship. In all other rooms, besides these few inside rooms, the bed sits paralell or with the motion of the ship.

Like I said, I was dead set against an inside room beforehand, but now I'd recommend it to anyone asking. Another plus it had was our emergency assembly station was in Animator's Palate, with comfy chairs and water. Most of the assembly spots are on the outside on the decks. So if it's sunny on that side, you bake. Our room was 6137, and I loved it.

Your DD counts as a person and you tip for her as well. $48 per person is the recommended amount.

Just my opinion, but I would not hesitate to book an inside cabin.
Aspen37 had one and it was quite nice.
As far as I know you do pay for all children regardsless of age.
Also start a piggy bank for the cruise, as leaving her in the nursary will cost you money as she is under the age of 3.
Saving change in a piggy bank adds up quickly.
We saved over $1100. in 1 year.
Hope to see you there. :thumbsup2

We always book an inside cabin. I just can't justify the extra $$. For your 2 year old you only pay taxes fees (about $200) you don't pay like you would for a 3rd person. You should tip like you have a 3rd person with you. My son turns 3 the day after we leave on our next cruise, but we only have to pay fees/taxes since the charge based upon age on the departure date.

Not sure about the child situation.

But my two cents on inside stateroom-
Podcast Cruise #1 was my first cruise. I was weary of getting an inside room as well. So I found a roommate and split to get a room with a veranda. I visited with friends that had inside rooms. I didn't feel crammed or stifled or claustrophobic (in the elevators is a different story). As of right now, I am planning on an inside cabin for PCC #2. I really liked the layout of the sideways 11....but I may be getting talked out of that decision.
If PCC#2 is anything like the first one, I will only be in the room as a place to shower, sleep, store my wardrobe and empty the Fish Extender gifts.:goodvibes:goodvibes

I agree, we went even lower with PCC 1.0, we were in a Cat 12. I don't know if you will be able to book these. We were on Deck 2 room 2509 I believe. The safety drill was fun because we got to be in the big theater so we stayed nice and cool. And the rooms were fairly decent size, I have been in a smaller hotel room before in Orlando:scared1:

Tis better to be in and inside cabin than to not cruise at all !! However, if you can afford it, go for the window. I think it makes the day start much better when you get some natural light in the room. It is REALLY nice to wake up and look out the window and see the lovely blue ocean water and beach right from your room. If you are prone to motion sickness also it is better to have a window. Most people i have worked with feel trapped in an inside cabin if they start to feel sick. But with all that said, if the only way you can go is to get an inside cabin, then go for it. Its MUCH better than working !

As far as children "counting"....

Everry person in the stateroom counts regardless of age.

Pricing for children is different...especially when they are the 3rd and 4th passenger, but they do count toward the stateroom total.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter