I skimp on ____ so I can splurge on ____ at Disney

Chelley00

DIS Veteran
We were having a conversation this weekend with a group of people who love Disney as much as us. It was interesting to see what was important to some people that wasn't as important to others.

For example: Our upcoming trip we're staying offsite in a condo or villa so we can spend more time in Florida, but someone next to us said she's rather stay 7 days in a deluxe onsite resort than 14 nights offsite anywhere.

Another example was that I said I'd rather take the kids to a character meal instead of having park hoppers, and someone else said she couldn't live without hoppers and would pack sandwiches into the park if it came down to it.

Just wondering, assuming you have a set trip budget and can't afford everything, what would you "give up" so that you can have/do something else on your trip.

DH and I stay in a value resort, because we like Magical Express and having the transportation from the resorts. We probably could stay off property cheaper.

Most of our "We go without X" is so we can afford the trip at all.

We skimp on the hotel (stay at Pop Century) so we can splurge on souvenirs.

We skimp on table service meals (we eat mostly counter service) so we can splurge on 'fun' food...Dole Whips, ice cream, bakery treats, etc.

I like to enjoy Disney at whatever hotel, whatever dining, and whatever activities we want to do (and souvenirs!) But we don't go concierge or the fancier rooms, just the basic (but still at a Deluxe if we want). Usually we just save on our normal spending so we can afford to Disney however we want. So we don't buy a lot of fancy clothes or things, just sock it away to spend on vacation :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter