I need a plan B! Sam's Club Travel is no longer selling Universal tickets.

MagicPlanning

Earning My Ears
I totally missed that Sam's Club Travel was closing for business Jan 1. Now I need to figure out where I'm going to purchase our tickets for our trip this summer. Where's the next best deal? Undercover Tourist?

We're a party of two adults, three kids (but one kid is 10, so another adult). If our dates at Cabana Bay end up being good for the AP discount, we'll get one annual pass. I'm not sure what tickets I can squeeze for the rest of us. Ideally, I'd like 4-day 3-park but with the prices I think we'll have to settle for 2 or 3-day 2 park tickets.

Is there another source I don't know about that had prices as good as Sam's? What about the Tourico Holidays that is mentioned on Sam's site? Is there some other place that uses them where I can purchase tickets?

Or do I just wait and buy the discounted tickets at the gate when we pick up the pass?

Is there a place to buy discounted Universal Studios gift cards?

I just bought through AAA. I already had a membership. They were close to the price listed for Sam's. But they do charge tax on top of that. I think i had read in one thread here that the Sam's prices didn't add tax.

The AAA tickets have to use will call at the park. That was the only option for delivery.

I also think - at least with our local AAA - that you get a 10% AAA discount on many food places inside the park if you buy tics from AAA.

Check out park-tickets.com. I just bought the explorer ticket. It's a 3 park (park to park) ticket that is valid for 14 days from first use. However, you can't start using it until June 1 once volcano bay is open. We aren't going until July so this works perferct. The ticket was $269.65 for adults with a $10 shipping fee. I paid $1358 for 5 adult tickets. That saved me about $150 and I have a 14 day ticket.

Last edited:
Check out park-tickets.com. I just bought the explorer ticket. It's a 3 park (park to park) ticket that is valid for 14 days from first use. However, you can't start using it until June 1 once volcano bay is open. We aren't going until July so this works perferct. The ticket was $269.65 for adults with a $10 shipping fee. I paid $1358 for 5 adult tickets. That saved me about $150 and I have a 14 day ticket.
I'm wondering if chase will code park-tickets.com as travel (have a $300 travel credit to use). You don't happen to know, do you?

I'm wondering if chase will code park-tickets.com as travel (have a $300 travel credit to use). You don't happen to know, do you?
I don't know. I have capital one and I had a hotel last year that wasn't coded as travel. I called the credit card company and talked to them and they gave me credit for the charge.

I'm getting my dd's tickets from visitorlando. 2 park 3day adult for $255 (free print at home) otherwise you need to pay shipping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter