i need a longer dining plan. How?

dalt01

DIS Veteran
our next trip is for 14 nites, we only need the 10 day MYW tickets but would like to have a 14 nite dining plan, havent been able to find out if this is possible. anyone know the answer to this?

I always thought the dining plan was tied to the number of nights at the Disney resort--not necessarily the ticket. Which is why those of us not staying at a WDW resort cannot get the plan. (Boo hoo for me :worried: ). I hope it works out for you--the Dining Plan is the best thing Disney has come up with recently!

When I booked my package, I was told the dining plan has to be purchased for the number of nights you're staying. It sounds like you should be in good shape. :cheer2:

The dining plan is equal to the number of nights that you are staying.

You must purchase your MYW tickets also, but they do NOT have to equal to your number of nights.

When I booked, I was told the maximum number of nights you could have a package for was 10 nights. And the MYW Dining has to be part of a package.

The dining package is tied to how many nights you are staying. We have more days on our tickets then we do nights and we are only getting the dining package for each night we are staying.

When I attempted to book online for 14 days (with the dining included) it stated that the package exceeded the limit, or something to that affect. I have been under the distinct impression that the dining is limited to 10 days, maximum. Easiest way to find out for sure is to call Disney...

One thing you can do perhaps, is a split stay. Stay x amt. of days at one resort, then, stay the remaining days at another resort. Then maybe you can have the dining at each one. Now I certainly don't know if this is possible, but, you can ask about this too. The worst they can do is tell you that you can't...

dalt01 said:
our next trip is for 14 nites, we only need the 10 day MYW tickets but would like to have a 14 nite dining plan, havent been able to find out if this is possible. anyone know the answer to this?

The last time I tried to book a package for longer than 10 nights, I was told that Americans couldn't do that. Guest from other countries can book packages for longer than 10 nights, but we can't. :confused3

In order to get around the 10-night rule, you have to break up your stay. In order to get the dining plan included with both stays, you have to purchase two sets of park passes.

You could purchase the 10-day MYW passes with the first part of the trip. For the second part you could purchase a one-day base ticket.

The powers that be need to realize that some of us can/will book packages for longer than 10 nights. pixiedust:

We went for 13 nights last fall. The maximum is 10 days. We had to book 2 reservations, and "re-check in" even though we stayed at the same resort. We had the dining plan for the full time.

The best way to handle this is a package with 10day tickets, room + Dining plan & a 2nd reservation as a room-only for the remaining day. Unless you were planning on going into the parks all 14 days. If you choose to do a package on both you would need to purchase more tickets & as everyone knows the less days your purchase the more $$$ it costs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter