I must be crazy! - An October-November 2016 Solo PTR - Update 10/9 2 Weeks to Go - That's a Wrap

7 Weeks to Go

38 Days until Trip
49 Days until WDW

This week was the first of my FP windows – and I’ve got 11 days of FP+ to book so let’s get cracking.

giphy.gif

Park Day 1 – Animal Kingdom

My first park day will be spent at Animal Kingdom (and seeing as this will be the second time in as many trips I am going to call it a tradition).

As a solo traveler I find getting 4th/5th/6th FP relatively easy so I book my first three FP as early in the day as possible.

At AK I’ve got the following FP:
· Expedition Everest – 9:00-10:00
· Kali River Rapids – 10:00-11:00
· Kilimanjaro Safaris – 11:00-12:00

I’ve also got lunch at Sanaa so after Kilimanjaro I’ll be hightailing it out of there with a plan to be back in the park around 3pm. Then it will be a few more hours in the park before heading over to Hollywood Studios for the Club Villain event.

Park Day 2 – Magic Kingdom & Hollywood Studios

Day two begins at Magic Kingdom and I’ve got the three main FP I need considering BTMRR is down :sad2::
· Splash Mountain – 9:00-10:00
· Space Mountain – 10:00-11:00
· Seven Dwarfs Mine Train – 11:15-12:15

The plan will be to start clockwise and do Pirates and Jungle Cruise before heading into Frontierland for the first FP.

I’ve got some resort time booked in the early afternoon before my plans currently have me going to Hollywood Studios in the evening. The point of this was to see the Star Wars fireworks (and hopefully do the dessert party). Unfortunately updates this week have the SW fireworks only on certain days of the week in October and this isn’t one of them.

I’m leaving my plans for now in case this changes but my back up is to head back to AK to catch their nighttime entertainment as the park hours have been updated to having the park close at 8:30.

Day 3 – Hollywood Studios & Magic Kingdom

I’ve got the morning planned at Hollywood Studios and with Rock’n’Roller down for a refurb I booked the following FP:
· Toy Story Midway Mania – 9:00-10:00
· Tower of Terror – 10:00-11:00
· Star Tours – 11:00-12:00

It will then be back to the resort where I have lunch booked in at Whispering Canyon Café. After lunch it will be time to change into my Halloween costume and at 4pm head over to MK for the evening for MNSSHP.

Day 4 – Magic Kingdom & EPCOT

My morning is fully booked with the Keys to the Kingdom Tour. That should finish around noon and then I’ll make my way to Old Key West to check in.

After that I’m heading to EPCOT for the first time this trip – I’ll start with a couple of F&W seminars and then use the evening to get in some attractions.

I have FP for:
· Frozen Ever After – 6:00-7:00
· Spaceship Earth – 7:00-8:00
· Mission Space – 8:00-9:00

Day 5 – Four Parks in One Day

Day 5 is my four parks in one day challenge. I’ll be starting at Animal Kingdom and then will head to Hollywood Studios at around 11:00. I’ve booked my FP for this park as it’s the easiest way to achieve the challenge (one ride, one show, one character meet etc):
· Frozen Sing Along – 11:00-11:15
· Tower of Terror – 12:05-13:05
· Toy Story – 13:10-14:10

After using the FP it will be time to head to EPCOT and then finally on to MK to close out the day at the Wishes dessert party!

Day 6 – Hollywood Studios & EPCOT

Day 6 won’t begin in a park as it will be packet pick up time for the Wine & Dine 5K race the next day. Given its location at ESPN Wide World of Sports I decided to do a few hours at Hollywood Studios before heading to EPCOT.

EPCOT will be all about F&W that day so I didn’t really need FP – so I booked them at Hollywood Studios instead:
· Tower of Terror – 11:55-12:55
· Toy Story Midway Mania – 12:55-13:55
· Star Tours – 13:55-14:55

And that is all I have booked so far. My next FP window isn’t til next week (because there is a gap between the OKW stay and BC stay due to the cruise!) so next week’s update will be part two.

I don't know what the old exchange rate was so I cant tell if $1.47 is a good or bad thing when it comes to Euros. Does it mean a trip to Disneyland Paris is on the cards? :confused3

The rate right now is $1.30... which is bad enough. So when I saw $1.47 and thought it was the CDN/USD rate, I just about had a heart attack.

Not Disney related but I lost my credit card while out on a 14K Father's Day fun run today....thankfully there's enough time to get a new one before the trip but it's going to be a pain in the behind because most of the trip was paid on that card and if they ask to see the same card I wont have it :(.

tumblr_inline_o4ruk3owei1reygjb_500.gif

Well, that totally sucks.
"Can we see the credit card you used to reserve please?"

oy.

On the plus side I ran a personal best while feeling terrible so I guess it all balances out karmically?

View attachment 191987

hmmmm.... sure!

The rate right now is $1.30... which is bad enough. So when I saw $1.47 and thought it was the CDN/USD rate, I just about had a heart attack.

Yikes! Ours is hovering around the same at $1.30 - it's better than my first trip to the states when it was almost $1.55 but the best trip was back in 09 when it was almost at parity ($1.08 I think)

Well, that totally sucks.
"Can we see the credit card you used to reserve please?"

oy.

The good news is someone actually rang me from the event yesterday and said my card had been handed in. The bad news is that I already cancelled it so still have to go through all the pain of changing direct debits and everything like that!

hmmmm.... sure!

Hey if I don't think positive I'll probably end up crying instead. Any I'm not a pretty crier...

uglycry.gif

I did 10 FP+ in a day last trip and reckon I can top that this trip!

Gotcha. I'm liking what I'm seeing, though.

Thanks! It's looking a little DHS heavy - but there's really not a lot of attractions in Epcot that I need FP+ for and I have a tour at MK on one of my MK days which makes needing FP that morning unnecessary.

Yikes! Ours is hovering around the same at $1.30 - it's better than my first trip to the states when it was almost $1.55 but the best trip was back in 09 when it was almost at parity ($1.08 I think)

We went when the CDN dollar was higher than the USD. And every Canadian we met seemed to go out of their way to mention it... Gawd we were obnoxious.

The good news is someone actually rang me from the event yesterday and said my card had been handed in. The bad news is that I already cancelled it so still have to go through all the pain of changing direct debits and everything like that!

Well, good.... but, crap.
Even though it was handed in, your still probably safer to have cancelled it.

Hey if I don't think positive I'll probably end up crying instead. Any I'm not a pretty crier...
uglycry.gif

Is there such a thing as a pretty crier?
Don't cry! There, there. It'll be okay.

I did 10 FP+ in a day last trip and reckon I can top that this trip!

Holy crap! 10? 10?!?!?

Thanks! It's looking a little DHS heavy - but there's really not a lot of attractions in Epcot that I need FP+ for and I have a tour at MK on one of my MK days which makes needing FP that morning unnecessary.

Makes sense. Although there's just not much to do in DHS anymore.

We went when the CDN dollar was higher than the USD. And every Canadian we met seemed to go out of their way to mention it... Gawd we were obnoxious.

I can't believe that Canadians would be anything other than supremely polite...

Well, good.... but, crap.
Even though it was handed in, your still probably safer to have cancelled it.

I figure if I hadn't cancelled it, it would have been my luck that it wasn't handed it and that someone would have racked up charges on it instead. Better to be safe than sorry!

Is there such a thing as a pretty crier?
Don't cry! There, there. It'll be okay.

It's possible to be a pretty crier - just ask Audrey

Holy crap! 10? 10?!?!?

Yep. I reckon I can get at least 12 though - I'll make it a challenge for this trip!

Makes sense. Although there's just not much to do in DHS anymore.

All the more reason for FPs - less rides mean more people in each queue so the FP comes in handy!

I can't believe that Canadians would be anything other than supremely polite...

Politely obnoxious.

It's possible to be a pretty crier - just ask Audrey

I stand corrected.

Yep. I reckon I can get at least 12 though - I'll make it a challenge for this trip!

Do it! I want to see how many you can get.

All the more reason for FPs - less rides mean more people in each queue so the FP comes in handy!

Good point. You're being very logical today.

Soooo.. I just found your PTR (only a year late to the party!).. and I just read ALL OF IT. It only took me 3 hours. I'm pretty impressed with myself on that feat lol

Anyway, I think its pretty amazing that you're taking a 6 week long vacation! It was like pulling teeth at my job to get my 2 weeks figured out.

We just hit the "teens" in our countdown and we too are planning a split stay at Universal (CBBR) and Disney (POFQ). Were also hitting up HHN, F&W, and MNSSHP as well! I thought I was a pretty intense planner (I'm a spread sheet girl too!) but you put me to shame. I like that you already have planned out what you're going to eat at each restaurant you're visiting!

I love your Rey and Rizzo costumes! For a wig, your Rizzo hair looks really great! My DH was being a debbie downer so we decided just to do Halloween shirts instead of costumes.

Well, I'm here now for what's left of this PTR and I cant wait to read your actual trip report, this surely sounds like an epic holiday and a great way to welcome your 30's!

Soooo.. I just found your PTR (only a year late to the party!).. and I just read ALL OF IT. It only took me 3 hours. I'm pretty impressed with myself on that feat lol

First of all - :welcome:

I can't believe you read all of this nonsense!

p8V9v_f-thumbnail-100-0.jpg

Anyway, I think its pretty amazing that you're taking a 6 week long vacation! It was like pulling teeth at my job to get my 2 weeks figured out.

We're lucky that we get 4 weeks a year here - plus it carries over if you don't use it - so you can end up with a pretty long vacation!

We just hit the "teens" in our countdown and we too are planning a split stay at Universal (CBBR) and Disney (POFQ). Were also hitting up HHN, F&W, and MNSSHP as well! I thought I was a pretty intense planner (I'm a spread sheet girl too!) but you put me to shame. I like that you already have planned out what you're going to eat at each restaurant you're visiting!

I'm jealous your in the teens already! I'm only 31 days away and that still feels like a lifetime!

Sounds like we've got similar trips planned - we'll have to compare notes when we both get back :goodvibes

And I am definitely an overplanner - I'm a bit of a worrier so it makes me feel a lot more calm when I have everything locked in. Like with the food choices - although it's planned it's because I want to know there is something that I'd eat and that it would reasonably fit within my diet - but I'll definitely change my picks depending on my mood on the day!

I love your Rey and Rizzo costumes! For a wig, your Rizzo hair looks really great! My DH was being a debbie downer so we decided just to do Halloween shirts instead of costumes.

Thanks. I still haven't decided which one I'll go with - I may end up packing both and just deciding on the day (depending on the weather!). I like the idea of Halloween shirts - and if I lived somewhere where I could do a normal costume every year I'd probably just do that - but seeing as we don't do Halloween here I want to be able to go all out!

Well, I'm here now for what's left of this PTR and I cant wait to read your actual trip report, this surely sounds like an epic holiday and a great way to welcome your 30's!

I'm glad to have you for the last few weeks- I was starting to feel that it was only me talking to myself and @pkondz - but he doesn't count ;)

6 Weeks to Go

31 Days until Trip
43 Days until WDW

Part four of my five part split stay reached 60 days this week which meant I could book the last six days worth of FP+ I needed.

Let’s get to it

hired7.gif

Day 7 – Hollywood Studios & EPCOT

Day seven begins with me disembarking the Disney Dream and heading over to the Beach Club. I should be arriving around 10:30 so my room won’t likely be ready then. The plan is to drop my bags and walk over to Hollywood Studios.

So that’s where I’ve booked my FP for that day – and it’s pretty much the same three FP as every other Hollywood Studios day given the limited options available:
· Tower of Terror – 11:30-12:30
· Star Tours – 12:35-13:35
· Toy Story Midway Mania – 13:35-14:35

The plan is to then head over to Epcot for the evening unless they extend the Star Wars Fireworks Dessert Party into November – then the plan is to stay at Hollywood Studios for that.

Day 8 – Animal Kingdom & EPCOT

Day eight will start with a few hours at AK before having lunch at Tiffins. It will then be across to EPCOT for the afternoon/evening to enjoy the F&W festival.

I was going to book EPCOT FP just to get Soarin' but the other two FP would have been throwaways on an empty day and I didn’t want that – plus I’ve been keeping an eye out and wait times and last minute FP for Soarin' seem to be pretty easy to get at the moment.

So I’ve ended up using them at AK:
· Expedition Everest – 9-10
· Kali River Rapids – 10-11
· Dinosaur – 11-12

Day 9 – Magic Kingdom

I had originally planned another morning at Hollywood Studios, given I’m staying at Beach Club, but decided I wanted a full day at Magic Kingdom instead.

Mainly so I can complete your challenge @pkondz and try and break my FP record. This is why my first three are booked first thing in the morning:
· Space Mountain – 9:10-10:10
· M&G with Rapunzel & Tiana – 10:10-11:10
· Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin – 11:10-12:10

Day 10 – Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party

Today I’m not using a park ticket – just a party one. Originally I was using a park ticket this day and was having a resort day after the cruise but I decided that was a waste and I really needed another day in the parks instead!

So you can enter the Christmas party at 4pm meaning you can book three FP+ before the party starts at 7pm. I’ve locked in the following:
· Seven Dwarfs Mine Train – 15:30-16:30
· Splash Mountain – 16:30-17:30
· Space Mountain – 17:30-18:30

And then it will be Christmas party time for the rest of the evening.

Day 11 – Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, EPCOT

This is my last day at WDW and it will be full on. I’m going to take advantage of EMH and spend a few last hours at MK. From there it will be over to Hollywood Studios for my Dining with an Imagineer lunch and a few last thrill rides. Finally it will be back over to EPCOT for some final F&W events and Illuminations to round out the Orlando portion of my trip.

I had originally booked FP at DHS given I was going to be there for a limited time but instead cancelled those and booked in some at EPCOT instead as it's probably a better use seeing as I'll be spending more time in that park. It means I won’t get more than the three FP that day but oh well.

So my final three FP will be:
· Soarin’ – 17:25-18:25
· Mission Space – 18:25-19:25
· M&G with Mickey – 20:10-21:10

So that’s it. My 11 days of FP are done. I’ll keep tinkering with them slightly (only moving things by 10/20 minutes) until I get the exact times I want – but overall I’m pretty happy with what I’ve got.

There’s probably only three updates left before I actually leave on my trip...

mindy-4d1.gif

I may still do one more after that but it will depend on internet availability before I board the cruise.

I’m thinking ahead and think the last three posts will likely be on Halloween (Halloween Horror Nights and MNSSHP plans now that maps are out and the events are starting), a quick trip summary catch up and one final update of dining plans (because of course I have made more, cancelled some and moved others around! Plus F&W will have started so I'll know what are the must trys).

Until then

200_s.gif

I'm glad to have you for the last few weeks- I was starting to feel that it was only me talking to myself and @pkondz - but he doesn't count ;)

Hey! Why I... I never... I mean, really....

Well.... Yeah... that's true.

Mainly so I can complete your challenge @pkondz and try and break my FP record. This is why my first three are booked first thing in the morning:

::yes::

So you can enter the Christmas party at 4pm meaning you can book three FP+ before the party starts at 7pm.

But doesn't that automatically make you use a park day?

So that’s it. My 11 days of FP are done. I’ll keep tinkering with them slightly (only moving things by 10/20 minutes) until I get the exact times I want – but overall I’m pretty happy with what I’ve got.

Good! Glad you got what you wanted.
I didn't have as much luck with my last minute picks.

I should think of planning a trip with more than just a few weeks notice.

There’s probably only three updates left before I actually leave on my trip...

Coming up fast!

I’m thinking ahead and think the last three posts will likely be on Halloween (Halloween Horror Nights and MNSSHP plans now that maps are out and the events are starting),

Very curious to see which one you like best. Plus... really anything on HHN since I've never done that one.

one final update of dining plans (because of course I have made more, cancelled some and moved others around!

Of course. :sad2:

I love her. Always have.

First of all - :welcome:

I can't believe you read all of this nonsense
Lol I can't argue that one.

We're lucky that we get 4 weeks a year here - plus it carries over if you don't use it - so you can end up with a pretty long vacation!
That's awesome!

I'm jealous your in the teens already! I'm only 31 days away and that still feels like a lifetime!

Sounds like we've got similar trips planned - we'll have to compare notes when we both get back :goodvibes

And I am definitely an overplanner - I'm a bit of a worrier so it makes me feel a lot more calm when I have everything locked in. Like with the food choices - although it's planned it's because I want to know there is something that I'd eat and that it would reasonably fit within my diet - but I'll definitely change my picks depending on my mood on the day
I'm 18 days away today and it still feels like a lifetime lol it'll feel like forever until like the weekend before we leave when I'm running around like crazy with all the last minute things that need to get done!

Yes, we will definitely have to compare notes! I'm interested to see the difference in crowd levels thoughout October. I know what was once the "slow season" is no more, but we just love going in the fall so I'd be interested to see when the best time in October will be!

Girl, if I was traveling solo I'd over-OVER-plan as well. I really admire your ability to do it, idk if I could bring myself to travel alone.

Thanks. I still haven't decided which one I'll go with - I may end up packing both and just deciding on the day (depending on the weather!). I like the idea of Halloween shirts - and if I lived somewhere where I could do a normal costume every year I'd probably just do that - but seeing as we don't do Halloween here I want to be able to go all o
Maybe pick up a second MNSSHP ticket and wear both of them!

I'm glad to have you for the last few weeks- I was starting to feel that it was only me talking to myself and @pkondz - but he doesn't count
Haha it's always fun when @pkondz is in the mix!!

P.S. We basically have the same FP+ schedule along with everything else that were doing the same :rotfl2:

I can't wait to hear how the start of F&W goes!! I've perused the menus but I'm interested to hear actual feedback as well!!! Oh btw I did laugh when I saw that the representation from Australia was lamb covered in potatoe chips... Because that's what I think of when I think Australia! Not really... Maybe you can enlighten us in that aspect? Since I literally know nothing about Australia and their cuisine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter