I must be crazy! - An October-November 2016 Solo PTR - Update 10/9 2 Weeks to Go - That's a Wrap

I've been following along with your mega PTR for months (I just haven't joined in on all the frivoloties)!

Never too late, and you'd be welcome any time. I'm pretty excited to start my TR, even though I haven't even gone yet! LOL! I may actually start it before I go, so I can get the intros and stuff up. That'll save me some time so I just cut straight to the chase. ;) Probably going to do a VERY detailed Dining Report as well.

Your graduation trip sounds fantastic and I loved your mini TR from San Fran - it's given me a couple of ideas for my trip :scratchin

YAY! So glad that it's been useful! I'll look forward to seeing what those are!

But it sounds as though you have lots of Dismeets planned on your trip :cutie:

I think there are 8 or so. Some will be short and sweet, others for meals and rides and all kinds of mayhem.

Never too late, and you'd be welcome any time. I'm pretty excited to start my TR, even though I haven't even gone yet! LOL! I may actually start it before I go, so I can get the intros and stuff up. That'll save me some time so I just cut straight to the chase. ;) Probably going to do a VERY detailed Dining Report as well.

I'm looking forward to both - I promise to join in from the beginning for both of them!

YAY! So glad that it's been useful! I'll look forward to seeing what those are!

Well it's probably more things to avoid - I was planning on trying out Boudin but there are so many other good things to try that I might skip it after your experience!

I think there are 8 or so. Some will be short and sweet, others for meals and rides and all kinds of mayhem.

8 is impressive! I've got one locked in - and maybe one more in Disneyland - I need to try and schedule some more clearly!

Oh my goodness, you must be getting so excited!!! I'm excited for you!! We leave in 39 more days!!!!!

Non-Trip Update

upload_2016-9-23_11-24-31.jpeg

But I have a non-trip related update!

Ok so its trip related but not this trip related.

I had an alert set with my local airline to notify me if a particular route dropped below a certain price. I had set this price pretty low – and at a point I’d be comfortable paying.

And I happened to get an email alert from them this week. And on pay day when I had been back-paid for the past six weeks since my pay rise came into effect.

So I had money to spare – and the knowledge that I’m always sad when I have no trip planned (especially after coming back from this six week mega trip) – and I kind of, sort of, accidentally on purpose booked it.

So where am I going you ask? And when you follow up with?

In May…

For two weeks…

I’m going to Japan!!!!!!

I’m so excited! I haven’t been to Japan since I was two and half years old so it will be almost 30 years between visits.

I haven’t done any planning (and won’t until I get back from this trip) but Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo Disney Sea will definitely be on the list!

That’s it – back to our regular scheduled programming…..

I have a subscription to touring plans.com - and one of their features is that they will fax in a room request for you five days before your trip - it doesn't guarantee you anything in the slightest but I figure it doesn't hurt.

They also have a room view finder (which is free) which is a great tool I'd recommend looking at - https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-old-key-west-resort - you can filter by room type, location, noise level, distance to lobby etc.

That is awesome!! Thanks for the tip :D

I’ve got two nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge and more importantly a dismeet locked in with @Elevationist!
Oh, I am definitely not more important than 2 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge... That place is amazeballs!

In May…

For two weeks…

I’m going to Japan!!!!!!
I swear to god, you are my favorite little globetrotter. I'm going to make you do all the talking at lunch because you are so damn interesting! I want to hear everything about everywhere you've been!

YAY for a trip to Japan!! Fun!!

I'm pretty excited - although I'm trying to temper that until I get back from this trip!

Oh, I am definitely not more important than 2 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge... That place is amazeballs!

Don't sell yourself short Billie! But yes, AKL should be amazing too!

I swear to god, you are my favorite little globetrotter. I'm going to make you do all the talking at lunch because you are so damn interesting! I want to hear everything about everywhere you've been!

I'm happy to fill you in between mouthfulls of ice-cream :cutie:

So enjoying living vicariously through you!

200w.gif

Glad I can help your vicarious living :laughing:

4 Weeks to Go

15 Days until Trip
27 Days until WDW

Sorry for the delay in posting this week’s update – I have had family visiting for the past three day so my Dis time has been pretty much reduced to zero.

reaction-Dr-Zoidberg.gif

But I’ve managed to find a quiet place this morning so I can kick this thing off.

I was tossing up between doing either a dining update (including F&W planning) or Halloween planning. And Halloween has won out.

halloween-make-a-scene-ghost.gif

Let’s start with the actual Halloween plans – Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.

You’ve already seen the costume choices – I haven’t finalized yet – I think I need to try them all on again when I’m packing and then make a decision.

But what’s the actual plan for the evening?

Well I’m aiming to head over to MK around 4pm where I’ll pick up my party wrist band.

I might try and get in one Haunted Mansion ride before getting in the line for the Jack & Sally meet which begins at 5pm (I’ll have to be in line by 4:30).

JSS810723LARGE.jpg

I’m then hoping to run over to the line for the Seven Dwarfs who begin meeting at 6:30

maxresdefault.jpg

I’m hoping to be done there by 7:30 and then I’m going to try and do as many treat stops and attractions as I can fit in Tomorrowland and Fantasyland before 9:45 where I’ll then try and find a spot somewhere off to the side of the castle to watch Celebrate the Magic and Hallowishes.

I’m then going to try and hit a few more treat stops and character meets in Adventureland and Frontierland before grabbing a spot in Frontierland for the 11:15 Boo to You Parade.

boo_2.jpg

And then it will be time to make my way back to Main Street to grab a spot in front of the castle forecourt for the thing I’m most looking forward to – the Hocus Pocus Villain Spectactular!

images

And then I think I’ll be making my way back to the hotel as I have an early morning planned the next day.

The other Halloween event I’m going to is Halloween Horror Nights. I’m definitely going for one night and I might be going for a second (it will depend on guest services and their ability to stick to commitments….)

If I only end up going for the one night there I’ll have to pick which of the nine houses I really want to see.

But first things first, I’ll be already in the park which gives you one advantage – they have stay and scare where the keep you in a holding pen and actually let you “in” before party guests. Apparently I should be able to see at least two houses relatively quickly that way.

So I’ll be in my holding pen ready to go by 5:45 and I’ve picked which area I’m going to wait in due to its proximity to my must do house – American Horror Story.

I’m then going to head to my second choice and hopefully minimize my wait there- Halloween: Hell Comes to Haddenfield.

Right next door is another house – Tomb of the Ancients so I’ll be doing that right after.

The next stop is right in the back of the park and has two more houses right next to each other – Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Lunatics Playground 3D.

I’m then going to back track to the front of the park for my third pick – Krampus.

Hopefully by then it will be pretty much 15 minutes before show time for Academy of Villains, which is a new show this year, and apparently the must do show this year.

Right near the show is the next house - Lightning Gulch – which is an old west theme which looks pretty cool.

And opposite that is the final house on my must do list - The Exorcist – I’m hoping that by this time of night the lines will be a little less and that I won’t have to wait more than half an hour for it.

Finally, I’m saving the worst for last - Walking Dead – as I sort of don’t care if I end up missing it!

HHN also has scare zones that you walk through to get to each house – the one that appeals to me most is Vamp 55 – which sort of has a poodle skirts meets vampires theme!

And that is pretty much it for Halloween Plans. I’m also doing Club Villain but I think I’ve already discussed this in another update so I won’t go into details on this one again.

Until next time

200_s.gif

Loving your PTR and excited to hear about your trip once it gets started. We have just recently moved to Oz from the UK and as fellow Disney nuts, we don't plan on forgoing our WDW vacations! WDW wasn't a particularly short journey when we lived in the UK but it's definitely long haul now. Really interested to hear how another Australia based traveller does it.

Haven't been on DIS in a while so I haven't been able to comment. Your trip is right around the corner! How exciting!

And Japan, that's so great! My trip a few years back was one of the best I've ever taken. I can't wait to go back. Plus, TDL and TDS are my two favorite Disney parks so I'm super jealous.

The other Halloween event I’m going to is Halloween Horror Nights. I’m definitely going for one night and I might be going for a second (it will depend on guest services and their ability to stick to commitments….)

I'll be there Thursday night and I'm really excited! We are trying to plan our route of attack, so I'm not sure which holding area to go to first. We want to do them all, so my gut tells me to hit up Walking Dead first (since it probably will be the most popular even if it won't be the best). I'm most excited for Haddenfield!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter