I must be crazy! - An October-November 2016 Solo PTR - Update 10/9 2 Weeks to Go - That's a Wrap

O!M!G! It is 2:56am EST and I just read all 31 pages of your PTR after seeing it on another TR! I don't know where to begin other than I'm extremely envious of your travels, but I too love Disney, food, I'm running my first half (the wine and dine) after taking up running March of this year (I was inspired marathon weekend, while at Disney for my birthday with my bestie) and I'll be at Disney during your stay (duh, as you know because I'm running during F&W) 10/31-11/8 (split stay poly and AKL). I've thoroughly enjoyed reading along and look forward to staying tuned for the duration!

Last edited:
This week’s update will start with a little food – I mean I have to pander to my audience now don’t I?
You sure do! You know I love me some food talk!

As do the Arepas
Skipper-Canteen_Full_26264.jpg;width=1200;height=630;mode=crop;quality=60;encoder=freeimage;progressive=true
Everything I've read about these has been awesome. I bet they're super delicious!

One of my favorite images ever, because I relate to it so hard.

So that’s it for this week’s update
Hey, I just thought of something! What happened to your themed cupcakes that you were making?!

I actually tried it. I really did!
I made it 8 times before I screwed up.

I only do these things for you, you know.

I appreciate the effort.

I don't know about this one.
It's the "topped with coffee dust" part.

I think I'd be willing to try it, but if the coffee taste is too strong, I won't like it very much.

Oh I'm absolutely planning on asking them to leave off the coffee dust - I can't stand coffee in the slightest.

Of course.

It was the only logical thing to do when you've got credit card debt and a holiday you're trying to pay off....

Seen all of them except for... Ratatouille.

That's a good effort on your part. I had seen them all before but I don't think I'd seen ones like a Bug's Life since they came out in theatres!

I recall enjoying both of them.
But then again, I'm a race car fan.

I just can't get my head around where they come from in the movie. There are no people so who builds them? If they're not built are they born? And if they're born it means that cars have to, you know, and then how does that work? It's all too confusing!

She is pretty adorable - which is probably why she gets away with almost everything.

O!M!G! It is 2:56am EST and I just read all 31 pages of your PTR after seeing it on another TR! I don't know where to begin other than I'm extremely envious of your travels, but I too love Disney, food, I'm running my first half (the wine and dine) after taking up running March of this year (I was inspired marathon weekend, while at Disney for my birthday with my bestie) and I'll be at Disney during your stay (duh, as you know because I'm running during F&W) 10/31-11/8 (split stay poly and AKL). I've thoroughly enjoyed reading along and look forward to staying tuned for the duration!

First of all wow! You read all 31 pages of this nonsense??

Second - :welcome:

And I'm glad to find another newbie runner on here - if I learn any tips from my first two half marathons over the next 7 weeks I'll be sure to share them with you!

joining in

:welcome:

You sure do! You know I love me some food talk!

It's definitely the best topic in the world to talk about.

Everything I've read about these has been awesome. I bet they're super delicious!

I hope so - although I'm more looking forward to seeing if the servers really do bring that Jungle Cruise humour into the restaurant.

One of my favorite images ever, because I relate to it so hard.

I am literally living on breadcrumbs at the moment (I've just paid off all my credit cards and some unexpected bills) but I can always find money for Disney :cutie:

Hey, I just thought of something! What happened to your themed cupcakes that you were making?!

Unfortunately life happened, oh and warm weather. Now that things have begun to become more reasonable at work and the weather has cooled I'll definitely be able to do some more baking. In fact, it wont be Disney related but I've got an order for a colleague's gender reveal cake for her baby shower in a couple of weeks so I'll make sure I share pics of that.

Hey there SnowWhiteOz - not to hijack your thread, but is DLP worth visiting? I have a week in Paris in November and am wondering if I should just swing by there for a day...

Not a problem at all. I really enjoyed Disneyland Paris and it does have a lot of unique things you cannot find in other parks.

Have you been to Paris before? The first time I went I found that I got a little bit of Paris fatigue after four or five days so Disney was a great distraction. Last trip I had another four days there but couldn't fit in time to see Disney as I had too many other things I wanted to do.

So it sort of depends how busy the rest of your trip will be - if you are constantly sightseeing every other day a day trip to Disneyland would be great. And if you don't think you'll be back to Paris for a while (or ever) I would definitely recommend doing it - but I'm one of those people whose bucket lists is to visit all Disney parks so I would kick myself if I was there and didn't go at least once.

Happy to answer any other questions if I can.

Oh I'm absolutely planning on asking them to leave off the coffee dust - I can't stand coffee in the slightest.

You can do that??? I assumed it was premade with the dust.
Okay... I'm in!

It was the only logical thing to do when you've got credit card debt and a holiday you're trying to pay off....

Or when you need a #*$^%* $1000 pool pump.

That's a good effort on your part. I had seen them all before but I don't think I'd seen ones like a Bug's Life since they came out in theatres!

I haven't seen them in theatres for the most part. DVD (or Netflix now)

I just can't get my head around where they come from in the movie. There are no people so who builds them? If they're not built are they born? And if they're born it means that cars have to, you know, and then how does that work? It's all too confusing!

Exhaust pipes.

nuff said.

She is pretty adorable - which is probably why she gets away with almost everything.

I hear that!
Luna's not housebroken yet (getting there... but not yet)
"Hey did you pee on the floor???? Oh, shoot. Don't look at me... too cute! I can't stay mad!"

You can do that??? I assumed it was premade with the dust.
Okay... I'm in!

It looks like from the pics that it's just sprinkled on at the end so I'm definitely asking them not to put it on. And what's the worst that could happen? They say no? Then I pick another dessert instead :cutie:

Or when you need a #*$^%* $1000 pool pump.

Or an $800 water bill.....

Exhaust pipes.

nuff said.

Exhaust pipes are clearly only one part of the equation - what's the other half????

I hear that!
Luna's not housebroken yet (getting there... but not yet)
"Hey did you pee on the floor???? Oh, shoot. Don't look at me... too cute! I can't stay mad!"

Luna is pretty adorable from the pics on your TR - I'd probably let her get away with murder too!

First of all wow! You read all 31 pages of this nonsense??
Second - :welcome:

And I'm glad to find another newbie runner on here - if I learn any tips from my first two half marathons over the next 7 weeks I'll be sure to share them with you!
Yes! I'd love that! I could use any advice/help. I ran a 10K in April and did ok. I wanted to run under an hour but made 1:01:40. Not bad for only running 6 weeks at that point. I started with walk/run training but end up mostly running if my knee doesn't ache. Ugh! Trying to find my groove to finish strong in the half. I've got some time. Best of luck to you with your upcoming races!

Hey there SnowWhiteOz - not to hijack your thread, but is DLP worth visiting? I have a week in Paris in November and am wondering if I should just swing by there for a day...

Not a problem at all. I really enjoyed Disneyland Paris and it does have a lot of unique things you cannot find in other parks.

Have you been to Paris before? The first time I went I found that I got a little bit of Paris fatigue after four or five days so Disney was a great distraction. Last trip I had another four days there but couldn't fit in time to see Disney as I had too many other things I wanted to do.

So it sort of depends how busy the rest of your trip will be - if you are constantly sightseeing every other day a day trip to Disneyland would be great. And if you don't think you'll be back to Paris for a while (or ever) I would definitely recommend doing it - but I'm one of those people whose bucket lists is to visit all Disney parks so I would kick myself if I was there and didn't go at least once.

I can chime in since I was at DLP in April!

I can say it would be worth a visit as well. I've been blessed to go to to all Disney parks around the world and I LOVE seeing how things are different and the same.

Disneyland Paris is beautiful! Especially with the Disneyland Hotel built right into the gate/train station. Also, there are Arcade walkways on the sides of Main Street (very Paris) which was really cool.

Walt Disney Studios is a bit of a hodge podge of attractions without a real theme that connects everything. I'm glad I've been once. :)

TL;DR: I think it's worth a day of your time.

Feel free to also ask me any questions you may have.

Thank you, that is great information. I have also downloaded some podcasts to listen to. I'm just being a bit of a wimp about the weather - it's going to be a bit chilly in November, and I'm a wimp! Or maybe now I just associate Disney with broiling heat. But I'm sure that I would regret it if I didn't even go. Even if I went back to Paris with family members, I doubt they'd like to see DLP, so this will be my chance!

I mean, how can you say I don't want to take a day to see these ...

IMG_20160408_192918.jpg

IMG_20160408_211709.jpg

IMG_20160408_221120.jpg

Sorry to hijack @SnowWhiteOz ... carry on :)

19 Weeks to Go

I'm not going to do a normal PTR update this week - it seems inappropriate to talk about all the good in Orlando when something so devastating awful has just occurred.

Instead I just want to say that people of Orlando are in my thoughts - those who have lost loved ones, those involved or injured in the incident and the first responders who have worked heroically to protect as many people as possible.

I know this wonderful city will come together to support those affected by this tragedy and show that a community cannot be torn apart by the actions of one individual.

upload_2016-6-13_14-19-26.png

18 Weeks to Go

I have one last thing to say on recent events before I get back into the lighthearted trip planning portion of this PTR. First, if you haven’t watched it yet I strongly encourage you to watch this week’s edition of the Dis Unplugged – although you will need an entire box of tissues to get through it.

I wanted to do something and being so far away there are few options so I have chosen to show my support through purchasing something from desginersunitedagainsthate.com – 100% of profits are donated towards victims and their families.

I’ve ordered this awesome Tiki room inspired print to hang above my bar at home.

upload_2016-6-19_14-22-58.png

btyrsp.jpg

In terms of trip planning this week I booked one of the final three flights I need. I’ve booked my flight from Disneyland to Las Vegas. I’ll be flying out of Santa Ana which will be a new experience but it seems so much more convenient and quicker than trying to have to cut though LA traffic to get to LAX.

I'm doing some research into what hotel I might want to stay at this time - it's my third trip so I know the areas I like and what amenities I will use but the one good thing about Vegas is the rooms actually tend to get cheaper the closer you get to travel so I'm hoping to pick up a bargain by waiting.

I’m still looking for cheap flights from Miami to Orlando but haven’t seen anything great yet (even looking at flying out of FLL is still a little more than I’d like to pay at this stage).

And other than that not much has happened trip-wise this past few weeks. Work has been extremely busy plus I was out of the office for two days at conference which has meant I’ve been playing catch up.

On the plus side the election here is only 2 weeks away so hopefully I’ll know what my future looks like soon enough (the joys of working for the government!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter