I must be crazy! - An October-November 2016 Solo PTR - Update 10/9 2 Weeks to Go - That's a Wrap

Never regret your ADR choices - there's so much good food that you'll never be able to eat it all one one trip! Plus I bet we've got similar ADRS - I've still go three more lots to get to on here and I'm sure there's some crossover!

Oh, that means I'll have to keep coming back to WDW to eat at all the different restaurants? I think I can make this enormous sacrifice, in the name of science, culinary and my happy tummy. :p
I seem to have fallen in all the tourist traps concerning my ADRs - in MK, I´ve booked BOG and CRT, for example, but well, I am a happy tourist, so... lol

It is indeed Mr Rudd - I think it was from when he lip-synced on Jimmy Fallon - well worth a quick search on YouTube if you like him!
I´ve seen some Jimmy Fallon lip-sync battle videos - my favourite is the one with Joseph Gordon Levitt, but maybe I´m biased because I love JGL! - but I´ve never seen that one, will look it up! Thanks!

He actually is.

Maybe if you ask them they'll change it...seeing as you're a VIP and all.

This is true. They'd do it for me.
I'll ask.

dialing....

Okay! They said "Absolutely! We'll do it for you!"

Bad news is... they won't do it for you.

Anytime between October 23 and November 12....(but not the 5th or 6th unless you want to meet me in the Bahamas ;))

Oh... poop.
I definitely can't make it then.
(Are you infinitely relieved?)

Oh, that means I'll have to keep coming back to WDW to eat at all the different restaurants? I think I can make this enormous sacrifice, in the name of science, culinary and my happy tummy. :p
I seem to have fallen in all the tourist traps concerning my ADRs - in MK, I´ve booked BOG and CRT, for example, but well, I am a happy tourist, so... lol

Exactly. I won't be happy until I've eaten at all of them and if that means I have to keep taking trips so be it :cutie:

I did both CRT and BOG last trip so I fell into that trap. I loved CRT but not BOG - but most people seem to like it.

28 Weeks to Go

Warning - Pic heavy!!!!

As promised this week’s update is a flashback to a different time and a different Disney park. The year is 1990. The location is Tokyo. The place – Tokyo Disneyland.

Why this jaunt through memory lane? Well I was spring cleaning and going through old photos when I found the collection from our family trip to Tokyo Disneyland (in the original Disney albums). And I thought my fellow Disney fans might enjoy this bit of history.

So please enjoy this look back at a simpler time, where although I may not remember it all (I was three after all) I still have fond memories. (As an aside one of my earliest life memories is actually from this trip to Tokyo Disney – I vividly recall getting of the jungle cruise ride and my uncle buying me a raspberry icy pole – it’s the smallest thing but it has stuck clearly in my mind!)

Tokyo Disney 2.jpg

Parade time

Some shows

And last but not least a classic attraction or two

Tokyo Disney.jpg

I also found the following when spring cleaning – a vintage Disney dollar from 1999. I’m wondering if I’m still able to spend it even though it wouldn’t buy anything nowadays.

DSC01087.JPG

DSC01088.JPG

DSC01090.JPG

I’ve also recently completed my Disney Classics DVD collection (don’t even ask how much it cost – I don’t want to think about it). I’m going to watch all the animated Disney films before the trip and started off last weekend with Snow White and Pinocchio. Snow White is still my favourite classic animated movie and Pinocchio is still as weird as I remember from my childhood. So that’s two movies down and 42 to go. Lucky I’ve got 28 weeks left in which to watch them!

DSC01085.JPG

I'm just thinking about what could have been....

We will be like two sheep that passed out in the night.

As promised this week’s update is a flashback to a different time and a different Disney park. The year is 1990. The location is Tokyo. The place – Tokyo Disneyland.

Okay. All set. Go!

(As an aside one of my earliest life memories is actually from this trip to Tokyo Disney – I vividly recall getting of the jungle cruise ride and my uncle buying me a raspberry icy pole – it’s the smallest thing but it has stuck clearly in my mind!)

I love that story and that you remember it.

And last but not least a classic attraction or two

Aigh! Not that!

tokyo-disney-jpg.161077

Awww... And look at your little skirt!!

I also found the following when spring cleaning – a vintage Disney dollar from 1999. I’m wondering if I’m still able to spend it even though it wouldn’t buy anything nowadays.

Might be worth something to a collector... but I really don't know.

I’ve also recently completed my Disney Classics DVD collection (don’t even ask how much it cost – I don’t want to think about it).

Uh, oh.

Pinocchio is still as weird as I remember from my childhood.

:laughing:

So that’s two movies down and 42 to go.

:faint: You'll be sick of Disney before you go to Disney!

I totally remember these! And I think CAN still spend them. I could be wrong, but I would swear I read that somewhere.

Pinocchio is still as weird as I remember from my childhood.
THIS! I think Pinocchio is totally weird! Dumbo, too!

We will be like two sheep that passed out in the night.

200_s.gif

I love that story and that you remember it.

It's the only thing I remember from the entire trip but hey a 3 year old can't be expected to remember everything can they?

Aigh! Not that!

Sorry!

Awww... And look at your little skirt!!

It's even littler when I wear it now

snm.gif

Might be worth something to a collector... but I really don't know.

Well what use are you then?

:faint: You'll be sick of Disney before you go to Disney!

tumblr_mt43vtHyP21shaex9o1_500.gif

I totally remember these! And I think CAN still spend them. I could be wrong, but I would swear I read that somewhere.

All I keep thinking is that $1 would have actually bought you something in 1999 - now, not so much!

THIS! I think Pinocchio is totally weird! Dumbo, too!

Dumbo is next on the list - I did Fantasia on the weekend and it is also such an odd concept for a film.

It's the only thing I remember from the entire trip but hey a 3 year old can't be expected to remember everything can they?

Why not?
I remember everything from when I was 3.

Nothing happened.

Sheesh!

It's even littler when I wear it now

:eek: :faint:

so... October 23rd you say???

Well what use are you then?

Fine. They're selling on ebay for $2.99

Will you wear your skirt?

Those Disney classic DVDs look fabulous - I've never seen those before. Wonder if they are available in the US... I would love to have a numbered and consistent set like that!

Those Disney classic DVDs look fabulous - I've never seen those before. Wonder if they are available in the US... I would love to have a numbered and consistent set like that!

I think they were available in the US in the past few years but they've recently begun releasing the new design/collection instead - I believe it's called the Signature collection and it looks like this

I love all your old family photos! So adorable! And so weird to see how different everything looks! Mickey used to look legit terrifying! :scared1: :laughing:

OMG! I totally still have a TON of Disney dollars! My parents always used to buy me and my brother them ever trip! Then when we didn't use them all we kept them, cause clearly they were going to turn into super valuable antiques ! :lmao:

Mmmmm, the Plaza does look good! I was hoping to eat there, but was having such yummy food from Columbia Harbour House that I just kept going back while the going was so good!

I though CHH was good but I think everyone had rated it so highly on here that I was expecting it to be fantastic!

I don't know if I've ever seen all of Fantasia, but I do know that Dumbo always makes me cry... That song just gets me!

View attachment 162571

I haven't watched it since I was little so I'm interested to see if it is what I remember.

I love all your old family photos! So adorable! And so weird to see how different everything looks! Mickey used to look legit terrifying! :scared1: :laughing:

They've definitely improved the quality of their costumes! Although I still think face characters are the most frightening - probably because they don't look anything like their animated counterparts!

OMG! I totally still have a TON of Disney dollars! My parents always used to buy me and my brother them ever trip! Then when we didn't use them all we kept them, cause clearly they were going to turn into super valuable antiques ! :lmao:

According to @pkondz they've tripled in value so you're sitting on a gold mine!

27 Weeks to Go

I thought I’d use this week’s post to update you on my running progress.

Running? You haven’t mentioned that for 27 weeks….

tumblr_inline_mj0xtnGhbd1qci6oe_zps92c5d587.gif%7Ec200

I know, but a lot of running related stuff has happened in the past couple of weeks so there’s no better time to revisit the topic then now.

just-trust-me-o.gif

If you can remember that far back you’ll remember that I had set myself a goal of being able to run a half marathon by my 30th birthday. Well that’s still eight months away but I’m getting a whole lot closer to being able to do it.

I recently ran my first ever race. Not quite a half marathon but it was a 10km run (6.2 miles). Plus 6 days before I'd had a bit of an accident and had to run with my knee looking like this...

20160405_133549.jpg

latest

And I hate to admit it but I think I kind of love running now.

mindy-4d1.gif

I managed to do it in a PB time of 57:26 which was easily below my goal of 1 hour. It was hard work but I really enjoyed it.

20160409_084550.jpg

20160409_084922.jpg

How does this relate to Disney and your trip you ask?

It does I promise.

One of the reasons I got into running was that I saw that you could do a 5km race on your Disney cruise. And that was an easy goal. So I’m going to be signing up for the Castaway Cay 5km when I’m on the Disney Dream.

IMG_2102.jpg

I also knew they had the Wine & Dine running events at WDW in November. I was hoping it would be scheduled for when I was in the parks but unfortunately it’s when I’m on the cruise.

giphy.gif

But…the Holiday 5k is on the Friday morning before I board the cruise in the afternoon. So I’ve signed up for it. And that was a process. Registration opened at 12 ET and was sold out within 30 minutes or so. But 12 ET was 3 in the morning for me so I was on my computer at 3am trying to secure a place and I got one. I’ll be up and running through Animal Kingdom at 6:30!

e0d48a91f6bf8ca0acf02962fdb0ad93.jpg

But wait there’s more.

giphy.gif

When looking into the Wine & Dine Half I noticed that there was one at Disneyland. And it just happened to coincide with my dates there. And I would be able to do the half not just a 5K. The only problem was my flight was due to get in a 1pm and you had to have picked up your race packet by 4pm. And I wasn’t sure I could make it across LA in that time (especially if the flight was delayed). If you don’t pick it up by 4 you can’t run and your large entrance fee is forfeited. So I decided I couldn’t risk it and it went back to being a pipe dream.

giphy.gif

But then something happened that I wasn’t expecting. I got an email out of the blue from Delta saying that they had changed my flight time from MCO to LAX. I would now get to LA at 10:20 leaving me plenty of time to get to Disneyland for packet pick up!

So again I got up super early to register (daylight savings time had ended so this time it was a 2am wake up) and snagged my place in the Avengers Half Marathon!

0001bb52_medium.jpeg

I am beyond excited for this as you get to run not only through Disneyland but through the castle!!

giphy.gif

I’ve got my first half marathon here in early July so I’m in full on training mode at the moment, including lots of early morning runs, but I know I’ll be able to achieve my fitness goal!

tumblr_mmj73tTkdq1r3r73mo1_400.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter