I must be crazy! - An October-November 2016 Solo PTR - Update 10/9 2 Weeks to Go - That's a Wrap

I've still got an excellent chance of winning if I never buy a ticket right?

Sounds like you and I play the lottery the same way...

Maybe I should email back that South African lottery rep....

Don't do it! It's a scam!

However, there's a Canadian deal that I've got for you that's really good.
Just send a mere $500 and I'll hook you up.

Sounds like you and I play the lottery the same way...

My rule is never play the lotto unless the jackpot is at least $100 million. And that rarely happens in Australia :rolleyes1

Don't do it! It's a scam!

However, there's a Canadian deal that I've got for you that's really good.
Just send a mere $500 and I'll hook you up.

That sounds so good it must be true. I'll need your bank account details (and your credit card information of course)

I am so far behind, but I'm glad to see you're plans are coming together well.

Should I just start back over from the beginning? :rotfl2:

I am so far behind, but I'm glad to see you're plans are coming together well.

Don't worry about falling behind - I can barely keep up and I'm the one writing it!

I think I'm pretty much at the point now where the major parts of the trip are locked in but then it's almost time for the most fun part - planning all the minutia!

Should I just start back over from the beginning? :rotfl2:

I don't know if I'd recommend that! :laughing:

25 Weeks to Go

Before I let you know how I went on ADR Day 1 I thought I should finish the ADR plans for Days 4 and 5.

Thankfully there will actually be no plans for ADR Day 5 because I’ve got an early flight and no one seems to do breakfast at that time

tumblr_mjyjoicUk21qcwyxho1_500.gif

But there are quite a few planned for ADR Day 4 so let’s get into it!

As with Days 2 and 3 Dine with an Imagineer will be my priority if I haven’t been able to get an ADR for it in the earlier ADR days.

On one of my EPCOT days I’m going to try and get a Rose & Crown ADR for during Illuminations.

Here I’d just get an app and a dessert and it would have to be the UK Cheese Plate to start (yum stilton!) and for dessert it’s the Banoffee Pie (even if I do make an awesome one at home myself)

Rose-and-Crown-Cheese-Plate.jpg

rose-crown-pub-epcot-world-showcase-008.jpg

Next on the list is also an EPCOT ADR for dinner, but this is going to be on the day I attempt drinks around the world. And I’m basically only going here so I can get something other than a beer in that country.

Have you guessed it yet?

giphy.gif

If you said Le Cellier points for you! What do you mean this has never been a competition?

At Le Cellier I’d be getting the Torontopolitan for my drink and then some unauthentic poutine before finishing of the meal with a nanaimo pie.

LeCellierSignaturePoutine_LeCellier_15-700x544.jpg

Le-Cellier-Canada-Pavilion-Epcot-World-Showcase-17.jpg

Then it’s back to MK for an ADR – and it would be for lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern. Why? For the Oeey Gooey Toffee Cake of course.

Ooey-Gooey-Toffee-Cake-at-Liberty-Tree-Tavern-in-Magic-Kingdom.jpg

ZsZfSha.gif

And then it’s back to Epcot for another dinner ADR – this time at Via Napoli. Everyone on the dis seems to rave about it so I have to give it a try. Mind you I’ve travelled around Italy so my expectations are well and truly managed.

I’d probably just grab a pizza – either the broccolini or Quattro formaggio.

Four-Cheese-Pizza-600x396.jpg

I’m going to make a break my own rules and make an ADR at a place I’ve been before – Beaches and Cream – but this is a back up in case I’m exhausted coming off the cruise that morning.

The real plan that day is to do the boardwalk crawl so if I feel up to it the ADRs for that would be lunch at the ESPN Club and dinner at either Il Mulino or the Yachtsman.

And finally I might make an ADR for breakfast at Akershus – I realized I had no character meals planned for this trip and I really enjoyed them last time so I want to have one up my sleeve towards the end of the trip if I feel like I need to do it!.

Ok so that’s Day 4 ADRs in a nutshell.

But now let’s bring it back to ADR Day 1 which happened during the week. I wasn’t too worried about this one as there were no in park ADRs and I was pretty flexible with my timing but either way things turned out pretty much as planned.

I was able to secure all my ADRs generally within 15 minutes of the time I wanted and only had one which I had to take 40 minutes after I had planned but it still works.

It may look like a lot of ADRs for three days but half of these will end up cancelled. Until I know what the prices are for MNSSHP I won’t know exactly what I’m doing during those three days so I wanted to have options available on all days for the three key restaurants I wanted – Jiko, Sanaa and Boma. So I have Boma booked on both mornings for breakfast but will only do one. Similarly I have Sanaa booked for lunch on both days but will only use one. And the same with Jiko for dinner.

As a back up in case I can’t get MNSSHP tickets I’ve also booked in a back up at Disney Springs – Raglan Road.

So here you go – here are the results!

ADR Day 1.jpg

Next week I’ll have two more ADR result days full of hopes, dreams and disappointments to share with you.

tumblr_nn07knsUMX1sh5jnso1_500.gif

Thankfully there will actually be no plans for ADR Day 5 because I’ve got an early flight and no one seems to do breakfast at that time

First time I've heard someone be happy about having a flight that's so early they can't have breakfast.

On one of my EPCOT days I’m going to try and get a Rose & Crown ADR for during Illuminations.

Do you have to book a table with a view? Can you?
Or is it just ask at check in and hope for the best?

(yum stilton!)

Never had Stilton, but I've heard of it.
I'd try it, but I tend to prefer milder cheeses, so...

and for dessert it’s the Banoffee Pie (even if I do make an awesome one at home myself)

Never heard of it.
Took a look online and it sure sounds good.

And I’m basically only going here so I can get something other than a beer in that country.
Have you guessed it yet?

Russia!

If you said Le Cellier points for you!

Dang. So close.

What do you mean this has never been a competition?

Everything's a competition.

before finishing of the meal with a nanaimo pie.

I love Nanaimo Bars... except there's coconut in the bottom layer. So usually, I'll slice it off and just eat the top two.

And then it’s back to Epcot for another dinner ADR – this time at Via Napoli. Everyone on the dis seems to rave about it

No. Not everyone.
I found the pizza to be very "meh".
Then again, I'm a pizza snob.

I’m going to make a break my own rules and make an ADR at a place I’ve been before – Beaches and Cream

If you're going to break the rules, that's a good place to break them.

I was able to secure all my ADRs generally within 15 minutes of the time I wanted

Nice!

As a back up in case I can’t get MNSSHP tickets I’ve also booked in a back up at Disney Springs – Raglan Road.

Now that's another place that everyone raves about.

Being Canadian, I'm pretty particular about my poutine, that's for sure. I'm hoping yours is of the utmost deliciousness. That Nanaimo pie looks scrumptious!

Seeing as I've never had authentic poutine before I'm pretty sure I wont end up disappointed. And even if I am it just gives me an excuse to visit Canada some day!

You are extremely organized with your ADR's and back up ADR's. I did better on my past trip, but still my brain relaxed a bit too much and I forgot I wanted to try out the Plaza. Oh well, I guess I need more practice!

I'm a bit of an overplanner (as if this mega PTR hasn't already told you that) so I want to be prepared for all scenarios - even if that means having way too many ADRS!

And forgetting the Plaza this trip just means you have to go back to WDW again!

First time I've heard someone be happy about having a flight that's so early they can't have breakfast.

Ha! I'm not really a breakfast person anyway plus having an early flight will mean I'll have more time to spend in Disneyland that afternoon!

Do you have to book a table with a view? Can you?
Or is it just ask at check in and hope for the best?

It's all luck unfortunately - I think you can ask to wait for a patio table but I'm sure everyone does that.

Never had Stilton, but I've heard of it.
I'd try it, but I tend to prefer milder cheeses, so...

See I'm one of those people who prefer their cheese as stinky as possible!

Never heard of it.
Took a look online and it sure sounds good.

It's caramel and bananas and cream - I mean how can you go wrong?

I love Nanaimo Bars... except there's coconut in the bottom layer. So usually, I'll slice it off and just eat the top two.

Isn't there some other non-coconut based treat you could have instead?

No. Not everyone.
I found the pizza to be very "meh".
Then again, I'm a pizza snob.

I know. But I'm choosing to ignore your review as you don't like coconut or rum so clearly your tastebuds are warped.

giphy.gif

If you're going to break the rules, that's a good place to break them.

I thought so - not sure if I'll stick to the tried and true No Way Jose or to expand my horizons...

Now that's another place that everyone raves about.

I recommended it to a friend last year (having never been there myself) and she enjoyed it so I'm hoping I have the same reaction if I end up there.

I'm a bit of an overplanner (as if this mega PTR hasn't already told you that)

Really? Doesn't show. Huh.

Ha! I'm not really a breakfast person anyway plus having an early flight will mean I'll have more time to spend in Disneyland that afternoon!

Me too. I usually just want to hydrate.
At home that means OJ. At Disney that usually means something that's "free" with a refillable mug.

It's all luck unfortunately - I think you can ask to wait for a patio table but I'm sure everyone does that.

Ah. That's what I thought. Then when I read your post, I wasn't so sure.

See I'm one of those people who prefer their cheese as stinky as possible!

You and my Dad would get along just fine.

It's caramel and bananas and cream - I mean how can you go wrong?

::yes::

Isn't there some other non-coconut based treat you could have instead?

Oh, sure. But we were specifically talking Nanaimo there.
Actually it drives me nuts. Here, you can't go to any kind of family gathering, social event, funeral, whatever without there being Nanaimo bars present. And I can't very well, go around leaving Nanaimo bar butts lying all over the place. So I do without.

But I want those top two layers!!

I know. But I'm choosing to ignore your review as you don't like coconut or rum so clearly your tastebuds are warped.

:laughing: You may have a point. Plus not a fan of stinky cheese.
But... I do know pizza, so...
It's probably more like what might be considered a "traditional" Italian pizza. No Chicago style deep dish or New York slice or... Well, judge for yourself. I must admit to being very curious to see what you'll think.
Don't get me wrong, I didn't mind it at all. Just really couldn't see what the fuss was about. I was more "It's okay. I've had way better."

I thought so - not sure if I'll stick to the tried and true No Way Jose or to expand my horizons...

This is a tough one. I love trying new things, but... it's not like you get to Beaches & Cream every day.

I recommended it to a friend last year (having never been there myself) and she enjoyed it so I'm hoping I have the same reaction if I end up there.

If you do wind up there, I'd love to see what you have to say about it.

I just found your Pre-TR and I'm catching up! Love everything you have planned, especially the ADRs! I'm planning a trip to Disney World during the same time period and I love seeing what other people are planning :)

Me too. I usually just want to hydrate.
At home that means OJ. At Disney that usually means something that's "free" with a refillable mug.

I'm more of a slice of toast as I run out the door kind of gal myself. I think I'm not really a sit down breakfast person because of the whole not liking eggs thing - doesn't leave a lot of other options usually!

You and my Dad would get along just fine.

I'm sure Pkondz Snr and I would get on like a house of fire :cutie:

Oh, sure. But we were specifically talking Nanaimo there.
Actually it drives me nuts. Here, you can't go to any kind of family gathering, social event, funeral, whatever without there being Nanaimo bars present. And I can't very well, go around leaving Nanaimo bar butts lying all over the place. So I do without.

But I want those top two layers!!

I've never had one so what is so good about the two top layers?

:laughing: You may have a point. Plus not a fan of stinky cheese.
But... I do know pizza, so...
It's probably more like what might be considered a "traditional" Italian pizza. No Chicago style deep dish or New York slice or... Well, judge for yourself. I must admit to being very curious to see what you'll think.
Don't get me wrong, I didn't mind it at all. Just really couldn't see what the fuss was about. I was more "It's okay. I've had way better."

I am nothing if not a traditionalist at heart so maybe it will be right up my alley.

This is a tough one. I love trying new things, but... it's not like you get to Beaches & Cream every day.

True. And I may have just done something that also breaks the don't eat at the same place twice rule but you'll have to wait until the weekend update to see what that is :rolleyes1

If you do wind up there, I'd love to see what you have to say about it.

I will have plenty to say and also nothing at all....

I just found your Pre-TR and I'm catching up! Love everything you have planned, especially the ADRs! I'm planning a trip to Disney World during the same time period and I love seeing what other people are planning :)

:welcome:

I'll have to check out your PTR if we're going to be there at the same time!

That ADR post has made me SO HUNGRY!!!! Grats on getting so many good options to play with!

Also, I messed with my own ADRs today, and 3 of the 4 that I had to book as a party of 2, I was able to switch to a Party 1. I did conscientiously leave one of them as a Party of 2, though... Ohana, on 10/23 @ 4:00pm. If that helps you at all in deciding which Jiko to keep. ;)

Also, you can likely expect your MNSSHP party ticket to be around the $80 range, give or take $10 in either direction. (At least that's what I'm budgeting for!)

I like Peanut Butter... but I LOOOVE caramel! So after my next trip, I'm probably going to lose all of my DIS friends when they read my Dining Report and see that I'm passing on the No Way Jose, and opting instead for:

Milky Way Sundae
Three Scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream, Hot Fudge, Caramel, and Whipped Cream topped with Dark and White Chocolate Shavings and a Cherry.

Last edited:
I think I'm not really a sit down breakfast person because of the whole not liking eggs thing - doesn't leave a lot of other options usually!

No, I suppose not.
Scrambled eggs (or any eggs really) are a lot quicker to make than pancakes or waffles.

I'm sure Pkondz Snr and I would get on like a house of fire :cutie:

Could be.

I've never had one so what is so good about the two top layers?

Well, mainly it's that the bottom layer has coconut in it, so BLECH.
The top two layers are custard butter icing and chocolate.

I am nothing if not a traditionalist at heart so maybe it will be right up my alley.

In that case, then you'll probably enjoy it more than I did.

True. And I may have just done something that also breaks the don't eat at the same place twice rule but you'll have to wait until the weekend update to see what that is :rolleyes1

Colour me intrigued.

No idea what that colour might be...

I will have plenty to say and also nothing at all....

Oh??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter