I must be crazy! - An October-November 2016 Solo PTR - Update 10/9 2 Weeks to Go - That's a Wrap

Finally all caught up.
Love the Disney nostalgia photos, especially that they were in Tokyo.
Congrats on completing your first 10k. Best of success in all your Disney races.

Ah, so many exciting happenings! 3 Disney races sound really amazing. And congratulations on completing your first 10K!

I've never done a runDisney event before but they always look like so much fun. Plus you get to run through the park!

And the Avengers Half will be amazing. I love the costumes for the races!

I thought I’d use this week’s post to update you on my running progress.

Running? Oh, yes. I do seem to recall you mentioning that.

I know, but a lot of running related stuff has happened in the past couple of weeks so there’s no better time to revisit the topic then now.

All right. Shoot.

I recently ran my first ever race. Not quite a half marathon but it was a 10km run (6.2 miles).

10km is nothing to sneeze at. Good for you!

Plus 6 days before I'd had a bit of an accident and had to run with my knee looking like this...
20160405_133549-jpg.162624

Holy crap! What'd you do??? Your poor knee!

And I hate to admit it but I think I kind of love running now.

Sure, because you probably wiped out while running.
Makes total sense.

:sad2:

I managed to do it in a PB time of 57:26 which was easily below my goal of 1 hour.

Way to go! congrats!

Pre-race picture I presume?
Surely no one can look that pretty after running 10K?

How does this relate to Disney and your trip you ask?

How does this relate to Disney?

I’ll be up and running through Animal Kingdom at 6:30!

It's early... but better early than in the heat and full sun I would think.

I got an email out of the blue from Delta saying that they had changed my flight time from MCO to LAX. I would now get to LA at 10:20 leaving me plenty of time to get to Disneyland for packet pick up!

Sweet!

and snagged my place in the Avengers Half Marathon!

Cool! Will you wear a costume like in the photo?

I am beyond excited for this as you get to run not only through Disneyland but through the castle!!

Cool!

I’ve got my first half marathon here in early July so I’m in full on training mode at the moment, including lots of early morning runs, but I know I’ll be able to achieve my fitness goal!

I think you'll be able to do it too!

What? Running? At ungodly times? While on vacation? Repeatedly?

I am aware that I am legitimately insane but I'm ok with that!

Oh yes, I forgot - you are still young and have energy!

Seriously, good for you! And impressive considering you tried to sabotage yourself with an injury. Well, I will console myself with the knowledge that at least I am not your competition for any of the registrations, so you can definitely have all of my pixie dust for registrations for anything to do with running from now on. But I am a very good cheerleader! :cheer2:

I don't know about the whole having energy part....

And I will take you up on the cheerleading offer - it can't hurt to have someone cheering me on!

Finally all caught up.
Love the Disney nostalgia photos, especially that they were in Tokyo.
Congrats on completing your first 10k. Best of success in all your Disney races.

:thanks:

Ah, so many exciting happenings! 3 Disney races sound really amazing. And congratulations on completing your first 10K!

:thanks:

I've never done a runDisney event before but they always look like so much fun. Plus you get to run through the park!

And the Avengers Half will be amazing. I love the costumes for the races!

I haven't decided if I'll do a costume yet - they don't look particularly comfortable to run in :rolleyes1

I recently ran my first ever race. Not quite a half marathon but it was a 10km run (6.2 miles). Plus 6 days before I'd had a bit of an accident and had to run with my knee looking like this...
20160405_133549-jpg.162624
YIKES!!! How on earth did you manage THAT?! :scared:

One of the reasons I got into running was that I saw that you could do a 5km race on your Disney cruise. And that was an easy goal. So I’m going to be signing up for the Castaway Cay 5km when I’m on the Disney Dream.
IMG_2102.jpg
YAAAAAY! How cool!

But…the Holiday 5k is on the Friday morning before I board the cruise in the afternoon. So I’ve signed up for it. And that was a process. Registration opened at 12 ET and was sold out within 30 minutes or so. But 12 ET was 3 in the morning for me so I was on my computer at 3am trying to secure a place and I got one. I’ll be up and running through Animal Kingdom at 6:30!
e0d48a91f6bf8ca0acf02962fdb0ad93.jpg
OMGosh! Even more YAAAAY!

But then something happened that I wasn’t expecting. I got an email out of the blue from Delta saying that they had changed my flight time from MCO to LAX. I would now get to LA at 10:20 leaving me plenty of time to get to Disneyland for packet pick up!
See? It's meant to be!!! :goodvibes

I’ve got my first half marathon here in early July so I’m in full on training mode at the moment, including lots of early morning runs, but I know I’ll be able to achieve my fitness goal!

tumblr_mmj73tTkdq1r3r73mo1_400.gif
Meanwhile I'm over here just praying (and training) that I'll be able to handle a 5K in time for Princess weekend 10 months from now! :rotfl:

All right. Shoot.

10km is nothing to sneeze at. Good for you!

Thanks!

Holy crap! What'd you do??? Your poor knee!

Let's just say it involved a treadmill and a fan and a lot of stupidity.

Sure, because you probably wiped out while running.
Makes total sense.

:sad2:

:P

Way to go! congrats!

Thank you again.

Pre-race picture I presume?
Surely no one can look that pretty after running 10K?

You're such as charmer...

How does this relate to Disney?

:rotfl2:

It's early... but better early than in the heat and full sun I would think.

Especially in AK!

Cool! Will you wear a costume like in the photo?

Maybe. Although realistically comfort is more important to me when running that far than having cool photos!

I think you'll be able to do it too!

:thumbsup2

YIKES!!! How on earth did you manage THAT?! :scared:

Basically falling off a treadmill....

See? It's meant to be!!! :goodvibes

My bank account thinks otherwise, but I'm happy about it!

Meanwhile I'm over here just praying (and training) that I'll be able to handle a 5K in time for Princess weekend 10 months from now! :rotfl:

I'm sure you'll do great. Just think how much progress you've already made in the last couple of months.

26 Weeks to Go

November park hours were released this week which means I’ve been able to settle my plans in terms of what parks on what day etc.

So without further adieu here is the preliminary plan for my 14 night WDW stay!

Week 1.jpg

Week 2.jpg

Week 3.jpg

Seeing as I’ve paid for deluxe resorts I’m definitely trying to add in a lot of resort time this trip including a lot of afternoon breaks.

I’m not sure which days I’ll go to the parties yet which is why there is more than one of each in the plan. I think it will depend on the cost of each party and if I can get tickets.

Ok now that the park planning is done I’ve been able to focus back onto ADR planning. My first ADR day is just 4 days away and they’ll all be done in the next two weeks.

A couple of weeks ago I shared my plans for the first two lots of ADR days. Now it’s time to consider ADR day number 3 – or my stay at Old Key West.

The two big things I want to try for on these days are both special dining options – Dine with an Imagineer at Hollywood Brown Derby and Dine with an Imagineer at Citricos. One is on the Wednesday and the other on the Thursday. I’m hoping to get at least one of these but they’re really hard to get so I’m not getting my hopes up.

My alternative if I can’t get the one at HBD is Sci-Fi Dine-In. I’m tempted to go back to 50s Prime Time but that defeats my rule of trying only new things!

At Sci-Fi I’d order the Grilled Chicken BLT Sandwich and the Warm Glazed Donut for dessert. Depending on how I’m feeling I may also order the adult Oreo shake for my drink :scratchin

sci-fi-dine-in-theater-salmon-blt-2.jpg

NICD395731.jpg

DSC_4769.jpg

If I can’t get Citricos Dine with an Imagineer I’ll probably end up at a QS or back at Epcot for F&W.

The only other ADR I’m going to try for is Olivia’s for my final morning before the cruise. I’ll have done the 5K run early in the morning and then want to have a late breakfast/brunch before I head over to the cruise terminal.

At Olivia’s I’d be ordering the Banana Bread French Toast!!!

359c0ac4461e7a55d6b515fdd2e55586.jpg

And that’s it for ADR day 3.

Hopefully I’ll be able to fill you in on what I manage to get on ADR Day 1 in next week’s update.

I’m not sure which days I’ll go to the parties yet which is why there is more than one of each in the plan.

Ah! I noticed the extra days and was wondering about that.

Dine with an Imagineer at Hollywood Brown Derby and Dine with an Imagineer at Citricos.

Either way, dining with an Imagineer would be so cool!

I’m hoping to get at least one of these but they’re really hard to get so I’m not getting my hopes up.

How do you book them? Like any other ADR? Or do you have to call?

My alternative if I can’t get the one at HBD is Sci-Fi Dine-In. I’m tempted to go back to 50s Prime Time but that defeats my rule of trying only new things!

<grumble> fine. be that way.

At Olivia’s I’d be ordering the Banana Bread French Toast!!!

I'm really torn on this.
I don't mind French toast, but it's not usually something I order.
On the other hand.... Banana bread! Yum.

Your ADRs look great. I hope you can get what you want. We're arriving on Nov. 12. We may get to pass you by at the airport. What time is your flight?

Wow, I don't think I quite realized just how many resorts you have booked until now. And such great resorts too. If I were you I'd also schedule the extra resort time. I think my next trip (which won't be for a few years) I'll look into renting DVC. I've been inspired here.
Dinner with an Imagineer sounds so cool. Hope you get it.
Best of success with your first ADR day.
And might I add- that warm glazed doughnut looks divine!

Ah! I noticed the extra days and was wondering about that.

I could also win the lotto and go as many times as I like...

tumblr_mzg1ynul7E1s36aafo1_500.gif

Either way, dining with an Imagineer would be so cool!

I know right? Ever since I heard about them I've wanted to do one which is going to make it even harder when I can't get a spot.

tumblr_inline_o2yy9mAsYh1tuzcai_500.gif

How do you book them? Like any other ADR? Or do you have to call?

They can be booked online I believe.

<grumble> fine. be that way.

Sorry-to-disappoint-Disappointing-Disappoint-GIF.gif

I'm really torn on this.
I don't mind French toast, but it's not usually something I order.
On the other hand.... Banana bread! Yum.

See I'm not a French toast fan at all but I could literally eat all the banana bread in the world

59_1.gif

Your ADRs look great. I hope you can get what you want. We're arriving on Nov. 12. We may get to pass you by at the airport. What time is your flight?

It's really early now that they've moved it - I think my flight is at 7:50am :sad2:

I think my next trip (which won't be for a few years) I'll look into renting DVC. I've been inspired here.

I can't believe you trip is only two weeks away - that's so exciting!

I hope you don't end up like me though - I wasn't going to go back for a few years and it only took being back at work for a month to book another trip much sooner than planned!

Dinner with an Imagineer sounds so cool. Hope you get it.
Best of success with your first ADR day.
And might I add- that warm glazed doughnut looks divine!

Thanks!

I can't believe you trip is only two weeks away - that's so exciting!

I hope you don't end up like me though - I wasn't going to go back for a few years and it only took being back at work for a month to book another trip much sooner than planned!

Well actually I'll be flying to NY first, so my vacation is only 1 week away!
And since there are a lot of other places I want to travel to, my next Disney trip will have to wait. Hoping to go for the 50th during F&W and MNNSHP.

Well actually I'll be flying to NY first, so my vacation is only 1 week away!
And since there are a lot of other places I want to travel to, my next Disney trip will have to wait. Hoping to go for the 50th during F&W and MNNSHP.

I'd forgotten you were doing NY first - how exciting!

I've booked something non-Disney for next year in the hopes it will convince me not to go back until Star Wars land is finished :cutie:

Do that, then.

I've still got an excellent chance of winning if I never buy a ticket right?

Maybe I should email back that South African lottery rep....

Think positive.
How hard can it be????

(yeah. no. not serious.)

:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter