I must be crazy! - An October-November 2016 Solo PTR - Update 10/9 2 Weeks to Go - That's a Wrap

See this is why you should never let real life take you away from the DIS you miss all the food and booze updates!! I have perused your updates and I wholeheartedly approve of your choices.

Why thank you - I don't know if I could have gone ahead with them without your approval :cutie:

nPcXTGj.gif

Got my dancing pants on! Let's do this!! :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

tumblr_njuj8usA8H1rdzuduo1_500.gif

14-melissa-mccarthy-dancing-gif.gif

giphy.gif

happy-endings-penny-dancing-with-laptop-gif.gif

OMG you're such a good dancer!

That's a good deal! :thumbsup2

I'm happy with it!

Now it's an even better deal!! popcorn::

Beignets definitely make anything better

Yes I totally agree, that does feel like that is the way its going! Having said that I'm still super excited for MNSSHP!! :hmghost:

Oh me too - they could charge $100 a ticket and I'd still be going. I'd probably even go as high as $150 (shh don't tell them that though)

A 5K at 2am?! :faint:
tumblr_inline_mpaeh9IPbd1qz4rgp.gif

The only way you would get me doing a 5K at 2am would be if there were no taxis left after a night out! :rotfl:(honestly I could have stopped after saying a 5K!:laughing:)

You're so silly. I don't run at 2am - I just jump online to save my place :cutie:. I never run before 5am!

I actually wanted to do the half-marathon but unfortunately I'll be in the Bahamas.....

No update this week? Hope all is well!

I know - I feel ashamed that I've fallen behind! There will be one going up tonight (Australian time).

I don't like blaming other people for my faults but I've had my mother visiting for the past five days so I really haven't had any time for the Dis! :cutie:

I know - I feel ashamed that I've fallen behind! There will be one going up tonight (Australian time).

I don't like blaming other people for my faults but I've had my mother visiting for the past five days so I really haven't had any time for the Dis! :cutie:

Wow, that was a quick response! :) Mothers (and guests in general) do tend to take up most of the time!

kind of late but just reading through your PTR.

Ill be in the world a couple of weeks after you and youre getting me excited for my trip!

Wow, that was a quick response! :) Mothers (and guests in general) do tend to take up most of the time!

I happened to be on a break at work just as your message was posted - so it was serendipitous timing!

kind of late but just reading through your PTR.

Ill be in the world a couple of weeks after you and youre getting me excited for my trip!

:welcome:

It's never too late to join this party (although it's more of a dinner party than a rager!)

Bad girl! Bad SnowWhiteOz!

upload_2016-4-5_12-23-27.jpeg

Oh, well, that's different.
You're forgiven.

Trust me - I'd rather have been talking nonsense with you guys then having to deal with the fun of having a parent judge everything you do all weekend!

29 Weeks to Go

So I’ll admit I’m a little late with this week’s update – unfortunately sometimes life gets in the way of trip planning and you have to actually live in the moment. But don’t fear because I’m back and there will be an update!

And it’s an update that starts with a little dancing

giphy.gif

Why more dancing I here you ask? Didn’t we just dance last week?

Well that’s true but that was a 200 day dance for the whole trip – now we’re up to the 200 day Disney dance! (Well we will be in about 12 hour’s time!). So put on your dancing shoes everybody…

giphy.gif

tumblr_lic7zaNNkQ1qabm5vo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

Alright now that we’ve boogied I suppose it’s time for an update. And what’s an update without a little food?

images

It’s time to do some ADR planning. This will be the ADRs I’ll be attempting to get on my 2nd ADR day. One of the joys of doing split stays is that I have 5 ADR days this trip.

gqgFMOd.gif

These are the ADRs I will be trying to get during my four night stay at Wilderness Lodge.

One will be for Skippers Canteen but seeing as that is day of only reservations it will just be a plan for now.
Skipper-Canteen_Full_26276.jpg

But it’s still fun to think about what you’ll order so I’m thinking I’d get the Felafels to start and then the Kungaloosh! for dessert.

jungle-skipper-canteen-kungaloosh-2-594x600.jpg

I’m also going to try for a lunch reservation at the Plaza on one of my Magic Kingdom days.

Plaza.jpg

Here I’m thinking I’ll go for the cheese burger or the turkey sandwich and of course the Plaza sundae!

fdb90140b15cc069b31fb2cdb61068a4.jpg

the-plaza-restaurant.jpg

The only other ADR I’ll be trying for during this booking window is the Hollywood Brown Derby for my DHS day. I’d obviously get the Cobb Salad (as long as I can get it without egg) and then with the dessert trio I’d pick the grapefruit cake, the banana toffee cake and then the blueberry cobbler.

cobbsalad_lg.jpg

Grapefruit-Cake.jpg

brown-derby-banana-toffee-cake-on-cocoa-crunch-with-strawberry-banana-pearls.jpg

brown-derby-blueberry-cobbler.jpg

And that's all we have time for in this week's update. Next week's update will be a walk down memory lane so if you like obscure photos from Disney trips that are almost 30 years old this will be one you wont want to miss.

29 Weeks to Go

So I’ll admit I’m a little late with this week’s update – unfortunately sometimes life gets in the way of trip planning and you have to actually live in the moment. But don’t fear because I’m back and there will be an update!

giphy.gif

Well that’s true but that was a 200 day dance for the whole trip – now we’re up to the 200 day Disney dance! (Well we will be in about 12 hour’s time!). So put on your dancing shoes everybody…

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Alright now that we’ve boogied I suppose it’s time for an update. And what’s an update without a little food?

images

It’s time to do some ADR planning. This will be the ADRs I’ll be attempting to get on my 2nd ADR day. One of the joys of doing split stays is that I have 5 ADR days this trip.

gqgFMOd.gif

These are the ADRs I will be trying to get during my four night stay at Wilderness Lodge.

One will be for Skippers Canteen but seeing as that is day of only reservations it will just be a plan for now.

But it’s still fun to think about what you’ll order so I’m thinking I’d get the Felafels to start and then the Kungaloosh! for dessert.

I’m also going to try for a lunch reservation at the Plaza on one of my Magic Kingdom days.

Plaza.jpg

Here I’m thinking I’ll go for the cheese burger or the turkey sandwich and of course the Plaza sundae!

the-plaza-restaurant.jpg

The only other ADR I’ll be trying for during this booking window is the Hollywood Brown Derby for my DHS day. I’d obviously get the Cobb Salad (as long as I can get it without egg) and then with the dessert trio I’d pick the grapefruit cake, the banana toffee cake and then the blueberry cobbler.

cobbsalad_lg.jpg

Grapefruit-Cake.jpg

brown-derby-banana-toffee-cake-on-cocoa-crunch-with-strawberry-banana-pearls.jpg

And that's all we have time for in this week's update. Next week's update will be a walk down memory lane so if you like obscure photos from Disney trips that are almost 30 years old this will be one you wont want to miss.
We thought the cheeseburger at the Plaza was delicious! And I kind of know how you feel with Adr days we changed the dates of a september trip and had to do a redo adr day a couple days later for the new dates :crazy2:

29 Weeks to Go

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

images

gqgFMOd.gif

Plaza.jpg

the-plaza-restaurant.jpg

cobbsalad_lg.jpg

Grapefruit-Cake.jpg

OMG those food pics are delicious!! Dang, I´m regretting my ADRs now, I´m not going to any of those...

Also, this is entirely off-topic, but is that Paul Rudd in the first gif? I can´t stop looking at it and LMAO, it´s mesmerizingly funny! :rotfl:

Why more dancing? Didn't we just dance last week?

Whoa.... it's like you knew I was going to ask that!

Well that’s true but that was a 200 day dance for the whole trip – now we’re up to the 200 day Disney dance!

Woot!

One will be for Skippers Canteen

This place intrigues me. I'd like to check it out too.

Haven't been there. Which is weird, isn't it?

mmm.... want.

The only other ADR I’ll be trying for during this booking window is the Hollywood Brown Derby for my DHS day.

Haven't been there either. And I don't know if I can.
It would mean not going to 50s Prime Time.

I’d obviously get the Cobb Salad (as long as I can get it without egg)

Allergy? Or you just don't like eggs?

then with the dessert trio I’d pick the grapefruit cake, the banana toffee cake and then the blueberry cobbler.

You're getting three desserts???

:faint:

Next week's update will be a walk down memory lane so if you like obscure photos from Disney trips that are almost 30 years old this will be one you wont want to miss.

::yes::

So I’ll admit I’m a little late with this week’s update – unfortunately sometimes life gets in the way of trip planning and you have to actually live in the moment.
Tell me out about it, girl. :sad2:

And what’s an update without a little food?
images
I'm only here for the food, really. :laughing:

MAAAAANN! Look at all that turkey! That looks delicious!

We're on a similar page here! I'm planning a lunch ADR so that I can finally cross this one off the list, and I plan on order two apps (crab cakes and cobb salad), and the same choices for the dessert sampler. YUM!! :goodvibes

Just caught up. And now I'm hungry.

But seriously, I love all of your choices. We're trying the Plaza next month and it sounds like a good, solid lunch choice! And giving Boma breakfast a try since we'll be at AKL!

We have many of the same ADRs planned too - Skipper Canteen (wish they would accept ADRs at 180 days already!), Sanaa, Brown Derby. And I'm hoping Tiffin's will be up and running as well since the menu preview looks very interesting!

We thought the cheeseburger at the Plaza was delicious! And I kind of know how you feel with Adr days we changed the dates of a september trip and had to do a redo adr day a couple days later for the new dates :crazy2:

Glad to hear from someone's who actually eaten at the Plaza - I'm trying to eat at only new places this trip and, well unsurprisingly, Tony's as the only other option didn't make the grade!

OMG those food pics are delicious!! Dang, I´m regretting my ADRs now, I´m not going to any of those...

Never regret your ADR choices - there's so much good food that you'll never be able to eat it all one one trip! Plus I bet we've got similar ADRS - I've still go three more lots to get to on here and I'm sure there's some crossover!

Also, this is entirely off-topic, but is that Paul Rudd in the first gif? I can´t stop looking at it and LMAO, it´s mesmerizingly funny! :rotfl:

It is indeed Mr Rudd - I think it was from when he lip-synced on Jimmy Fallon - well worth a quick search on YouTube if you like him!

Why more dancing? Didn't we just dance last week?

Are you a psychic?

Whoa.... it's like you knew I was going to ask that!

No wait, I'm a psychic!

This place intrigues me. I'd like to check it out too.

I just wish it wasn't just day of ADRs. Don't they know I like to plan months in advance?

Haven't been there. Which is weird, isn't it?

It is when I know you've been to Tony's....

mmm.... want.

I'd share it with you if you were there...

Haven't been there either. And I don't know if I can.
It would mean not going to 50s Prime Time.

My rule this trip is to only eat in new places and to order new things so that rules 50s out unfortunately. But I am going to Olivia's and their fried chicken is apparently even better!

Allergy? Or you just don't like eggs?

I just don't like them.

You're getting three desserts???

:faint:

They make you pick three. The only dessert option is the mini trio - and they give you five or six choices to pick from.

Are you a psychic?

I knew you were going to ask me that.

That is the coolest dude I've ever seen.

No wait, I'm a psychic!

Whoa.
whoa-o.gif

I just wish it wasn't just day of ADRs. Don't they know I like to plan months in advance?

Terribly rude and inconsiderate of them.

It is when I know you've been to Tony's....

I know... I know!

I'd share it with you if you were there...

Don't make me look it up. What date would that be exactly?

My rule this trip is to only eat in new places and to order new things so that rules 50s out unfortunately.

Ah. Yeah, okay. I get it now.

But I am going to Olivia's and their fried chicken is apparently even better!

I actually had to look up where Olivia's was.
And then I checked out the menu.... looks good.

I just don't like them.

Fair enough.
I am totally for anyone who chooses not to eat what they don't like.

They make you pick three. The only dessert option is the mini trio - and they give you five or six choices to pick from.

Oh! Well in that case... bring it on, baby!

Tell me out about it, girl. :sad2:

I feel terrible - I'm so behind on your PTR but I'm going to try and catch up this weekend. P.S Well done on your health achievements - you're doing fantastic!

I'm only here for the food, really. :laughing:

Aren't we all?

We're on a similar page here! I'm planning a lunch ADR so that I can finally cross this one off the list, and I plan on order two apps (crab cakes and cobb salad), and the same choices for the dessert sampler. YUM!! :goodvibes

They also do some Margarita and Martini flights but I'm not sure how good of an idea that would be in the middle of the day!

Just caught up. And now I'm hungry.

I've fallen so far behind in your TR - but I'm all in for your solo PTR I swear!

But seriously, I love all of your choices. We're trying the Plaza next month and it sounds like a good, solid lunch choice! And giving Boma breakfast a try since we'll be at AKL!

The Plaza is probably a safe option with your boys - I'm sure they'll all be able to find something to eat on that menu for you. And if not there's always ice-cream!

We have many of the same ADRs planned too - Skipper Canteen (wish they would accept ADRs at 180 days already!), Sanaa, Brown Derby. And I'm hoping Tiffin's will be up and running as well since the menu preview looks very interesting!

One of the benefits of doing such a long trip is that I can try lots of places. Plus being solo there is no one to have to fight with when it comes to dining choices :cutie:

I knew you were going to ask me that.

That is the coolest dude I've ever seen.

Terribly rude and inconsiderate of them.

Maybe if you ask them they'll change it...seeing as you're a VIP and all.

I know... I know!

Don't make me look it up. What date would that be exactly?

Anytime between October 23 and November 12....(but not the 5th or 6th unless you want to meet me in the Bahamas ;))

I actually had to look up where Olivia's was.
And then I checked out the menu.... looks good.

Fair enough.
I am totally for anyone who chooses not to eat what they don't like.

How kind of you.

Oh! Well in that case... bring it on, baby!

:hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter