I must be crazy! - An October-November 2016 Solo PTR - Update 10/9 2 Weeks to Go - That's a Wrap

Boma is an excellent choice for breakfast and dinner! And the bread service at Sanaa is excellent. I actually prefer this restaurant for lunch rather than dinner since you can see the animals right outside the windows in the daylight. I think you'll have a great time hanging out at the AKL for a couple of days! :thumbsup2

When I was planning I didn't even consider that I'd see animals better at lunchtime at Sanaa - thanks for pointing out the bonus perks of going at that time over dinner! :cutie:

I think I might be full just from reading this post! I have been drooling at work for over a week now, just hoping that I will have an appetite in the heat to try out some new restaurants. Wish me luck!

I'm so jealous that your trip is just around the corner - I'll be sitting here in the increasingly cold weather here in Canberra turning a gorgeous shade of green :D

Ah. Totally not what I was thinking.
Interesting that it's popular in Quebec.
You'd think I'd have heard about it then.

I'll have to teach you sometime :cutie:

Food? Are you sure? I thought it was alcohol?

Oh no - alcohol is fine and everything but food is my soulmate.

anigif_enhanced-22152-1427110055-2.gif

I prefer improper planning.
But that's just me.

I like to leave the impropriety until I'm actually there

giphy.gif

Ummm.... "Oh, just a salad for me! I've had quite a bit on the cruise, you know!
AND CHOCOLATE! BRING ME CHOCOLATE! AND CAKE! AND ICE CREAM!"

raw

Aren't you already in full tourist mode the second you step on the airplane back in Oz?

Of course not - I'm a traveller darling...

Hello! What the what?????

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Chocolate!!!

The plan is to check in and explore the resort before heading to City Walk to grab some dinner and do some window shopping. My plan on the first night is to go full on tourist mode at check out Margaritaville. The Dis Universal team reviewed this recently and gave it the big thumbs up so I’m keen to check it out.

I haven't been to the one in Orlando, but we actually really like Margaritaville from our experience in Myrtle Beach. Now it might be that we're old people and adore Jimmy Buffett, so that helps - but I actually quite enjoyed the food (and the boat drinks)! Hope you enjoy it :)

The rest of your plans look fabulous - Sanaa and Boma are both on my list for a far-in-the-future Animal Kingdom Lodge stay. I'll look forward to the reviews!

I'll have to teach you sometime :cutie:

I'd actually quite like that.
I used to play cards all the time.
Now.... never.

Unless you count Spider Solitaire on the 'puter.
(and I don't)

Oh no - alcohol is fine and everything but food is my soulmate.

Wait... You mean I'm not your..... <sob>

I like to leave the impropriety until I'm actually there

Well, if you must...

Of course not - I'm a traveller darling...

I consider myself in full vacation mode the second I get on the plane.

What the heck is that white thing Ethel picks up?
Looks like a rabbit?

I'm playing catch-up today! :D

I thought I’d use this week’s update to start planning the most important part of any trip – the food.
Because priorities! :thumbsup2

All my pants are eatin' pants while on vacation. I bring elastic waist EVERYTHING.

Pfft. No such thing.

And then it’s time for one more ADR before checking out on the 25th – breakfast at Boma :cutie:. I’ve read a lot of reviews that say this is the best buffet on property so I’m willing to give it a try for the sake of research ;)

BOMA_1_998.jpg
Gonna have to back this one. You know I'm a big ol' Boma fan, though!

the recently announced Toothsome Chocolate Factory...

Chocolate.jpg
Doesn't this look/sound amaaaazing???

I haven't been to the one in Orlando, but we actually really like Margaritaville from our experience in Myrtle Beach. Now it might be that we're old people and adore Jimmy Buffett, so that helps - but I actually quite enjoyed the food (and the boat drinks)! Hope you enjoy it :)

The rest of your plans look fabulous - Sanaa and Boma are both on my list for a far-in-the-future Animal Kingdom Lodge stay. I'll look forward to the reviews!

See I have no idea about Jimmy Buffet's music - I probably am the wrong demographic - but offer me burgers and drinks from a blender and I'm there!

I'd actually quite like that.
I used to play cards all the time.
Now.... never.

Unless you count Spider Solitaire on the 'puter.
(and I don't)

I don't play cards any more unless I'm on a long train ride or camping - both of which rarely happen!

Wait... You mean I'm not your..... <sob>

Sorry...

tumblr_nvd3ktcgkY1tbpj38o1_500.gif

What the heck is that white thing Ethel picks up?
Looks like a rabbit?

It's a candy wrapper - how could you not know that? Or I am being really insensitive because you've only ever had unwrapped chocolate in your life?

I'm playing catch-up today! :D

Welcome back Billie - we've missed you!

All my pants are eatin' pants while on vacation. I bring elastic waist EVERYTHING.

That's why I usually wear dresses - they non-restrictive and cover up food babies better than pants!

84809665.jpg

Gonna have to back this one. You know I'm a big ol' Boma fan, though!

I know it's your traditional last day breakfast - your reviews have definitely been a big influence on my food plans!

Doesn't this look/sound amaaaazing???

It does but I'm not sure about all the entrees they have which apparently will all have a chocolate component...
46-gross-gif-899.gif

30 Weeks to Go

We interrupt this PTR for a little dance break

giphy.gif

That’s right – it’s time for a little 200 day dance.

Well it’s time for the first of two 200 day dances – it’s now 200 days til I leave Australia and begin this trip.

There will be another dance break in 10 days time for the official 200 day WDW dance!

Okay now that we’ve dusted off the boogie shoes is time to get back to trip planning.

I still had one night at WDW that I didn’t have anything booked for. I check out of Beach Club on the 11th and don’t fly out for LAX until the 12th so I needed somewhere to stay for just one night.

I’d seriously been considering doing a one night stay at either the Poly or the Contemporary because then I’d be able to spend as much time in MK as possible but I even with agency rates or DVC rental it was still going to be at least $280 a night. Which is a lot of money. Money that could be spent on parties or backstage tours.

I booked a night at Art of Animation just to lock something in as a backup, even if it was just a value resort. It was $178 a night – still not great but $100 less than the original option.

But then I put in for a quote through an agency known for their discount rates and ended up getting a quote for a moderate for even less than what I paid for Art of Animation.

So where will I be staying you ask after that long-winded introduction? Port Orleans French Quarter. And I’m only paying $151 a night!

port_orleans_french_header.jpg

Port%20Orleans%20French%20Quarter%20Standard%20Room%202.jpg

And you know what that means?

Beignets!!!!!

011.JPG

Ok what else happened this week? October park hours were released so I’ve been able to confirm my first four park day’s plans. I’d planned based on the July/August/September hours rather than last years. This turned out to be a good idea as they’re nothing like last years and follow on from the earlier months so I haven’t had to make any changes!

Also released this week were the dates for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. I’m definitely go to at least one of each party and depending on the ticket price I may end up going more than once (Disney is yet to reveal the pricing which makes me think it’s going to be quite a bit more expensive than previous years!).

20111003_725.jpg

mickey%27s%20very%20merry%20chirstmas%20party%20parade%20with%20duffy%20and%20mickey%20mickey%20on%20float.jpg

And I realized that even though I’ll miss the half-marathon at F&W because of the cruise I can still sign up for the Holiday 5K so that is what I’ll be doing at 2am in the morning here on the 30th!

Last but not least here’s this week’s Mickey Ears – and these ones are for the cruise!

DSC01079.JPG

We stayed at POFQ for the first time last September and loved it there! Be sure to request a corner room! You have twice as many windows which is really nice. We weren't wowed by the beignets, but we really loved the small and cozy size of the resort and the boat to DTD.

ETA: 2am?!?

We stayed at POFQ for the first time last September and loved it there! Be sure to request a corner room! You have twice as many windows which is really nice. We weren't wowed by the beignets, but we really loved the small and cozy size of the resort and the boat to DTD.

ETA: 2am?!?

Thanks for the corner room tip - although I probably wont get much use out of it as I plan to spend as much of my last day in the parks as possible!

And 2am is because registration opens at 12pm EST which just happens to be 2am where I live - usually I'd wait until I woke up normally to try and register but apparently the Holiday 5K sells out really quickly.

I don't play cards any more unless I'm on a long train ride or camping - both of which rarely happen!

Or a long train ride to a camp site.

Dannnnnnnng!!!!

It's a candy wrapper - how could you not know that? Or I am being really insensitive because you've only ever had unwrapped chocolate in your life?

I have people to unwrap things for me.

Woot! (That's my official 200 day out celebratory exclamation.)

Well it’s time for the first of two 200 day dances – it’s now 200 days til I leave Australia and begin this trip.
There will be another dance break in 10 days time for the official 200 day WDW dance!

Well in that case, you can have a double "woot".

Woot! Woot!

I still had one night at WDW that I didn’t have anything booked for.

:faint:

I needed somewhere to stay for just one night.

Camping! Break out the cards!

So where will I be staying you ask after that long-winded introduction? Port Orleans French Quarter. And I’m only paying $151 a night!

Nice! How do you score these deals???

And you know what that means?

Yes I do. Even if I've never had them.

Beignets!!!!!

::yes::

I’d planned based on the July/August/September hours rather than last years. This turned out to be a good idea as they’re nothing like last years and follow on from the earlier months so I haven’t had to make any changes!

Smart cookie.

Now I want a cookie.

I’m definitely go to at least one of each party and depending on the ticket price I may end up going more than once

I don't know why, but the Xmas party just doesn't appeal to me.
I loved the Halloween one though, and would go again in a second.

Last but not least here’s this week’s Mickey Ears – and these ones are for the cruise!

Very nautical.
Are you going to take selfies wearing each one at the appropriate time?

See I have no idea about Jimmy Buffet's music - I probably am the wrong demographic - but offer me burgers and drinks from a blender and I'm there!

I'm not sure we're really the demographic either, but whatever! My husband's parents love him, so he grew up with the music and now we are big fans. The blender drinks are super good :)

Also yay POFQ! I haven't ever stayed here, only at Riverside, but it looks lovely. And wonderful on the rate! I'm thinking of looking into a discount agency for a potential February trip if we don't have any DVC points. Seems like a good way to get a decent rate on a room for a few nights.

Also, I love your Mickey Ears! Did you use a tutorial? I don't have any, but I'm seriously considering making some for our May trip since the ones on Etsy are pretty pricy (but gorgeous).

Or a long train ride to a camp site.

I was going to make a really inappropriate joke but decided even I shouldn't go there...

Dannnnnnnng!!!!

I've got something to make it up to you though - I'm going to show you that you're not missing out on anything.

I was doing some spring cleaning (although it's technically autumn here) and found an actual official Disney photo from our family trip back in 1999. When I was 12. And in the whole awkward puberty phase.

So here you go (and be glad I'm not your soulmate)

DSC01091.JPG

Are you ready?

DSC01092.JPG

And here's the close up

DSC01093.JPG

rajyourewlecome.gif

Camping! Break out the cards!

upqjk.gif

Nice! How do you score these deals???

This time was with a travel agency that has a lot of agency specials (I think they book a lot of conventions so they get convention rates)

Smart cookie.

Now I want a cookie.

arnold-cookies.gif

I don't know why, but the Xmas party just doesn't appeal to me.
I loved the Halloween one though, and would go again in a second.

See Christmas is my favourite holiday so I have to go - even if it's not a good as the Halloween one.

Very nautical.
Are you going to take selfies wearing each one at the appropriate time?

Of course - it's the only way I can guarantee you'll read my TR...
tumblr_nk4mthot9l1qg7pcno1_500.gif

Also yay POFQ! I haven't ever stayed here, only at Riverside, but it looks lovely. And wonderful on the rate! I'm thinking of looking into a discount agency for a potential February trip if we don't have any DVC points. Seems like a good way to get a decent rate on a room for a few nights.

I'd definitely recommend at least getting a quote from them. I'd been hoping to get one of their deluxe specials (they have the Poly for around $250 a night a certain times of the year) but the best they could get me was over $320 a night for my dates. But they had good deals for the moderates which is why I went with them this time.

Also, I love your Mickey Ears! Did you use a tutorial? I don't have any, but I'm seriously considering making some for our May trip since the ones on Etsy are pretty pricy (but gorgeous).

Thank you. No tutorial - I'm more of a wing it type of crafter. I bought some plain ears on eBay for around a dollar and then just went and bought a whole lot of fabrics and played around with them to see what I could come up with.

I was going to make a really inappropriate joke but decided even I shouldn't go there...

Sweet! PM me.

I've got something to make it up to you though - I'm going to show you that you're not missing out on anything.

I was doing some spring cleaning (although it's technically autumn here) and found an actual official Disney photo from our family trip back in 1999. When I was 12. And in the whole awkward puberty phase.

So here you go (and be glad I'm not your soulmate)

dsc01091-jpg.158580

Are you ready?

dsc01092-jpg.158581

And here's the close up

dsc01093-jpg.158582

Awww! Look how cute you were!!

And I was so close!

This time was with a travel agency that has a lot of agency specials (I think they book a lot of conventions so they get convention rates)

Ah. This helps me not at all.

See Christmas is my favourite holiday so I have to go - even if it's not a good as the Halloween one.

Okay. You're excused.

Of course - it's the only way I can guarantee you'll read my TR...

Ah. This helps me not at all.

I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to mention other agencies on here (even if you have booked three packages through Dreams and are a loyal customer...) which is why I haven't. I can PM you the name if you like.

I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to mention other agencies on here (even if you have booked three packages through Dreams and are a loyal customer...) which is why I haven't. I can PM you the name if you like.

Don't know if/when I'd be going... but, sure.

See this is why you should never let real life take you away from the DIS you miss all the food and booze updates!! I have perused your updates and I wholeheartedly approve of your choices.

nPcXTGj.gif

Got my dancing pants on! Let's do this!! :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

tumblr_njuj8usA8H1rdzuduo1_500.gif

14-melissa-mccarthy-dancing-gif.gif

giphy.gif

happy-endings-penny-dancing-with-laptop-gif.gif

port_orleans_french_header.jpg

Port%20Orleans%20French%20Quarter%20Standard%20Room%202.jpg

That's a good deal! :thumbsup2

Beignets!!!!!
011.JPG
Now it's an even better deal!! popcorn::

Ok what else happened this week? October park hours were released so I’ve been able to confirm my first four park day’s plans. I’d planned based on the July/August/September hours rather than last years. This turned out to be a good idea as they’re nothing like last years and follow on from the earlier months so I haven’t had to make any changes!

Park hours this year are seriously wonky! But at least they have put Wishes in now! Phew!

Also released this week were the dates for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. I’m definitely go to at least one of each party and depending on the ticket price I may end up going more than once (Disney is yet to reveal the pricing which makes me think it’s going to be quite a bit more expensive than previous years!).

Yes I totally agree, that does feel like that is the way its going! Having said that I'm still super excited for MNSSHP!! :hmghost:

And I realized that even though I’ll miss the half-marathon at F&W because of the cruise I can still sign up for the Holiday 5K so that is what I’ll be doing at 2am in the morning here on the 30th!

A 5K at 2am?! :faint:

tumblr_inline_mpaeh9IPbd1qz4rgp.gif

The only way you would get me doing a 5K at 2am would be if there were no taxis left after a night out! :rotfl:(honestly I could have stopped after saying a 5K!:laughing:)

dsc01079-jpg.158355

Love them! :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter