I must be crazy! - An October-November 2016 Solo PTR - Update 10/9 2 Weeks to Go - That's a Wrap

So tempting! Unfortunately I can't do a monorail crawl or drinks around the world because I get lightheaded rather quickly. However I will be at 3 of the monorail resorts for different meals so I might just grab a drink before or after. Wouldn't have thought of it if not for your post (not to mention those pictures), so thanks!

I’m thinking that the best time to do this will be one of the nights I’m staying at VWL because it will be the easiest to get back to after a few drinks.

I agree. This was my plan as well in November when I was staying at GF, but unfortunately we never made it happen. :(

I kind of want to end up at the Polynesian but it doesn’t really make sense seeing as it is the middle stop, so I’m left doing in the order than the monorail route planners intended.

If you want to end at the Polynesian, you should end at the Polynesian. :) You could boat to MK, then boat to GF and start there. I think ending at GF might be a little anti-climatic after being at Contemporary (the views) and the Poly (Trader Sams). Just my opinion, of course!

And that leaves the place I’m 99% picking – Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto.

upload_2016-2-6_10-10-31-png.149648

Hoping to try this place in a month!

What better way to start then with an nice adult beverage or two.
You have my attention!

Here I’d order the Banana Cabana - Cruzan Mango Rum, Coruba Coconut Rum, Crème de Banana, Orange and Pineapple Juice and a float of Grenadine ($9.50) as my beverage
I had one of these at AoA's pool bar in December, and it was deeeeelicious! :thumbsup2

Or the final option would be the Outer Rim. I’m leaning towards this one because look at those views!
upload_2016-2-6_10-7-59-png.149642
This is a cute little place, the views are gorgeous. I was there in 2009 with a blue glowtini while early for a Chef Mickey's ADR!

So out of the Sand Bar, the Wave Lounge or the Outer Rim where would you go?
For ME, I would go to the Wave Lounge, just because I've already been to the Outer Rim. But for YOU, I recommend proceeding straight to the Outer Rim. It's a nice little spot!

Where I’d order the Lapu Lapu (Myer’s Original Dark Rum and Tropical Fruit Juices with Bacardi 151 Rum), because hello it’s served in a pineapple! I’d also order the Bread Pudding as my snack just to see what all the fuss is about.

upload_2016-2-6_10-9-4-png.149647
I had one of these with dinner at Ohana a few years back. It kicked my butt. :laughing: So much fun, though!

Sooooo mad at myself for not making it here in December! I have it scheduled in for October, but I dunno... Now you got me wanting to do the whole crawl!

a Pina Colada Cupcake as my snack.
This sounds AMAZING!!

So there are my plan’s for my monorail crawl.
I might be stealing your plan, just saying!

I think there is a boat that goes between CR and VWL.

How did I not know that??? :eek:

Wow! That pub crawl is quite impressive. I think I'd be done after one. Kudos to you for trying it.

I'm going to try and space it out so it definitely wont be more than one drink per hour. Plus all the snacking should prevent any unwanted effects of drinking :laughing:

Sounds like fun! Of course, for me it would totally depend on the weather. I'd love to go to the pool bars, unless it's raining because princesses don't like to sit out in the rain. I'm liking the sounds of the Pim's punch. Maybe I'll have to put at least one of these stops on my "If I have time, or need a park break" list... :P
But I would draw the line at the $50 dollar drinks as well!

If I was just doing a week like last trip there would be no way I'd even be thinking about doing something like this (I'd just want to be in the parks). But seeing as I' on Disney property for 12 nights I figure I can do fun non-park thinks like this.

And I agree on the rain (and I'm not a princess: even if my pic indicates otherwise!)

So tempting! Unfortunately I can't do a monorail crawl or drinks around the world because I get lightheaded rather quickly. However I will be at 3 of the monorail resorts for different meals so I might just grab a drink before or after. Wouldn't have thought of it if not for your post (not to mention those pictures), so thanks!

My tolerance for alcohol isn't as high as it was when I was 10 years younger than I am now (I'm now like 2 drinks and done) but I think I'll be ok with three drinks as long as I'm snacking too!

I agree. This was my plan as well in November when I was staying at GF, but unfortunately we never made it happen. :(

That's just an excuse to go back (as if anyone on here ever needs an excuse :laughing:)

If you want to end at the Polynesian, you should end at the Polynesian. :) You could boat to MK, then boat to GF and start there. I think ending at GF might be a little anti-climatic after being at Contemporary (the views) and the Poly (Trader Sams). Just my opinion, of course!

True but if I end up taking boats it's not really a monorail crawl is it? :rotfl2:

Hoping to try this place in a month!

I look forward to hearing what you think about it.

You have my attention!

tumblr_nqnzzzQJGq1rbc9h1o1_500.gif

I had one of these at AoA's pool bar in December, and it was deeeeelicious! :thumbsup2

Banana is pretty much my favourite flavour so I was hoping this one is good. Glad it's got the Billie seal of approval :woohoo:

This is a cute little place, the views are gorgeous. I was there in 2009 with a blue glowtini while early for a Chef Mickey's ADR!

For ME, I would go to the Wave Lounge, just because I've already been to the Outer Rim. But for YOU, I recommend proceeding straight to the Outer Rim. It's a nice little spot!

Well that's sorted then. Outer rim it is!

I had one of these with dinner at Ohana a few years back. It kicked my butt. :laughing: So much fun, though!

Drinks in pineapples or coconuts are always fun. But I prefer food in my pineapples instead
thai-pineapple-fried-rice-10.jpg

(if you ever go to Thailand you need to order this!)

Sooooo mad at myself for not making it here in December! I have it scheduled in for October, but I dunno... Now you got me wanting to do the whole crawl!

Well if you want company while you're there you could join me on this leg of the crawl if it ends up being on one of our crossover days!

This sounds AMAZING!!

I know right? And Disney is usually pretty good at making cupcakes!

4276988ae7f8a522fc85b71858ce7f46.jpg

I found a pic :bitelip:

I might be stealing your plan, just saying!

Steal away :thumbsup2

Have you guessed yet?

Nope.

Still guessing?

Nope. I figure you'll just tell us.

Ok, you got it right, it’s monorail crawl time.

See?

I’ll board the monorail at MK and head straight for the Contemporary. (I know I could walk this but it is a monorail crawl after all!)

I did kinda wonder there for a second. But... yes. that does make sense.

Hey! That's a first, isn't it?

Coruba Coconut Rum

:crazy2: Rum and coconut????

maybe a Mickey Pretzel as my snack.

Okay. That I'll have.

Here the Buffalo Chicken Flatbread would be calling my name alongside a Pimm’s Punch (Pimm's No. 1 Liqueur, Hendrick's, Odwalla Lemonade, and Wild Strawberry)

Mmmm.... to both.

Or the final option would be the Outer Rim. I’m leaning towards this one because look at those views!
upload_2016-2-6_10-7-59-png.149642

::yes::

So out of the Sand Bar, the Wave Lounge or the Outer Rim where would you go?

Outer Rim with the Pimm's.

If I were to choose here I’d order the Mango Margarita (Patrón Silver Tequila blended with Mango Purée topped with a Passion Fruit-Mango Foam)

Want.

Where I’d order the Lapu Lapu (Myer’s Original Dark Rum and Tropical Fruit Juices with Bacardi 151 Rum), because hello it’s served in a pineapple!

I want a drink served in a pineapple... but I don't want the Rum!

I like the looks of it, but...

Would you all pick Trader Sam’s or is it overrated?

... I've never been, so I can't say if it's overrated or not.

These have similar menus where I’d end up picking the Key Lime Cooler (Skyy Citrus Vodka and Key Lime Juice blended with Vanilla Ice Cream)

Want.... a lot.

and a Pina Colada Cupcake as my snack.

Nope. No coconut.

Here I’d probably order the Antica Umber (Buffalo Trace Bourbon, Solerno Blood Orange, Carpano Antica Sweet Vermouth, Lemon, and Bitters)

Sounds interesting. I'd try that.

Having never been to the GF I’m happy to hear your thoughts on which of the locations you’d pick.

Haven't been either. Sorry.

After that last drink it would be back on the monorail to Magic Kingdom and onto a leisurely boat ride back to VWL.

Don't forget to feed the fish!

:rolleyes2

tumblr_nlfhl5zBat1sl21koo1_500.gif

I did kinda wonder there for a second. But... yes. that does make sense.

Hey! That's a first, isn't it?

giphy.gif

:crazy2: Rum and coconut????

Just because you don't enjoy them....

Outer Rim with the Pimm's.

30-rock-rhyming.gif

I want a drink served in a pineapple... but I don't want the Rum!

szz2PBG.gif

I like the looks of it, but...

... I've never been, so I can't say if it's overrated or not.

Well you've just lost the title of WDW expert... You were so close to being crowned world champ
ooohsoclose.gif

Want.... a lot.

Me too!

Nope. No coconut.

What did coconuts ever do to you?

giphy.gif

Sounds interesting. I'd try that.

There wasn't really anything on the menu I loved so I just picked the least offensive thing!

Haven't been either. Sorry.

Well what do you do when your in WDW then? ;)

Don't forget to feed the fish!

:rolleyes2

Eww.

P.S Yay it's almost Hawaii Time

tumblr_lnmp9abLEZ1qbgyx2o1_500.gif

Of course. Always.

:laughing:

Just because you don't enjoy them....

....means no one should enjoy them.

Wrong. But what can you expect from a dirty pirate?

Well you've just lost the title of WDW expert... You were so close to being crowned world champ
ooohsoclose.gif

Dang it!!

maxwell-smart-missed-it-by-that-much.jpg

What did coconuts ever do to you?
giphy.gif

Well, I associate them with my near demise.
Good enough?

There wasn't really anything on the menu I loved so I just picked the least offensive thing!

Whoa. Higher praise...

Well what do you do when your in WDW then? ;)

I like to sit in my room and watch The Price is Right and MASH reruns.

P.S Yay it's almost Hawaii Time
tumblr_lnmp9abLEZ1qbgyx2o1_500.gif

It is?

It is!

Of course. Always.

giphy.gif

....means no one should enjoy them.

good-to-know-gif.gif

Wrong. But what can you expect from a dirty pirate?

tumblr_mqfquenDFf1reukf9o1_250.gif

Well, I associate them with my near demise.
Good enough?

So you've just revealed your true identity...
giphy.gif

Whoa. Higher praise...

Girl-Got-To-Have-Standards-Black-And-White-Single-Online-Dating-Gif.gif

I like to sit in my room and watch The Price is Right and MASH reruns.

Mean-Girls-GIF-Kevin-G-Dont-Let-The-Haters-Stop-You-From-Doing-Your-Thang1.gif

It is?

It is!

tumblr_nb2u2aJ7sU1rn71qzo2_500.gif

Hello! I´ve been lurking your PTR for some time now but I had to praise you on your disposition to do the monorail crawl. That looks amazing! :drinking1
Me and my group we´ll try and drink around the world, dunno if I´ll be able to complete it but I´ll surely try. :woohoo:

Hello! I´ve been lurking your PTR for some time now but I had to praise you on your disposition to do the monorail crawl. That looks amazing! :drinking1
Me and my group we´ll try and drink around the world, dunno if I´ll be able to complete it but I´ll surely try. :woohoo:

:welcome:

Thanks for coming out of lurkdom and joining us!

I'm also thinking of doing drink around the world too - stay tuned for my plans for that one! (But I probably wont be able to complete it in one go either :cutie:)

Last edited:
36 Weeks to Go

I was tossing up with a few different topics for this week’s update – I could have continued with the adult beverage theme and looked at drinks around the world, I could have done a look at all the books and podcasts I’ve been reading/listening to in order to prepare for the trip but ultimately I decided that this week I’ll do my plan for the four parks in one day challenge.

I’ve read a few trip reports and blogs about people attempting the challenge and it sounded like a really fun goal to try and achieve. I’ve done two parks in one day but four is definitely a whole other ballgame.

So where to begin

post-39018-Theoden-so-it-begins-gif-Imgur-YB8r.gif

Well the obvious choice is to begin in a park that has early morning EMH. I’m thinking that the best day to do it is when Animal Kingdom has early morning EMH as I’d be able to beat the heat in the hottest of the parks and ride the three big headliners within the first hour or so before heading to another park mid-morning.

Tree of Life.jpg

I would start off with the first Safari of the morning before hitting Expedition Everest and then moving on to Dinosaur (even though it is terrible). I’m guessing it will be around 9:30 by the time I’ve done all this so I’d then probably head over to FOTLK for the 10:00 showing. Throw in a M&G or two and then I’d say I’d be ready to leave AK at 11:00 and head to the 2nd park of the day.

I’d jump on a bus and head to Hollywood Studios. This would be the park where I’d be using my three FPs. I’d get them for Tower of Terror, TSMM and Star Tours and I’d go single rider for Rock’n’Roller Coaster. I’d grab lunch in the park and I’m thinking it will probably just be quick service at the Backlot Express. I figure I’d be in the park until around 3pm before leaving for park number 3.

Optimized-DSCF0240.JPG

I’d leave DHS and hop on a boat to Epcot. I’d go and grab a fourth FP for whatever is available and then spend the afternoon exploring World Showcase. I’ll grab dinner here and I’m thinking it will be the perfect time to grab an early ADR for Via Napoli where the pizza has been calling my name. After doing a quick loop of future world it will be time to leave Epcot (around 7:30ish) and head for the monorail to park number 4.

Optimized-DSCF1280.JPG

A quick monorail (or two) ride later and I will be at the final park of the day – Magic Kingdom. I’ll try and do a night ride on BTMRR and on the jungle cruise. If the hours play out like last year it will also be evening EMH at MK so I’ll find a spot for Wishes and then try and do as many attractions as possible without FP.

Optimized-DSCF1402.JPG

And then it would be time to end the longest day ever. I’m thinking that four parks in one day is really doable and what’s the point in having a park hopper if you don’t try something like this ;)

Have any of you ever done four parks in one day? If so, do you have any suggestions or tips on how to achieve it while still having a good day.

Lastly, I haven’t really had any time to do any baking lately – my work has been incredibly busy and I've had to travel the last couple of weekends, but I realized I haven’t shown you my other crafty side yet. I’ve been planning on making a whole bunch of custom Mickey Ears for my trip to go with all the outfits I’ve got planned. So I thought I’d end this update with the first pair I’ve finished – these are my animal ears for my AK day and stay at AKL. They cost my less than $3 in materials and I think they turned out ok :thumbsup2

Before crafting ($1 eBay Mickey ears)
DSC00971.JPG

And after
DSC00973.JPG

36 Weeks to Go

I was tossing up with a few different topics for this week’s update – I could have continued with the adult beverage theme and looked at drinks around the world, I could have done a look at all the books and podcasts I’ve been reading/listening to in order to prepare for the trip but ultimately I decided that this week I’ll do my plan for the four parks in one day challenge.

I’ve read a few trip reports and blogs about people attempting the challenge and it sounded like a really fun goal to try and achieve. I’ve done two parks in one day but four is definitely a whole other ballgame.

So where to begin

post-39018-Theoden-so-it-begins-gif-Imgur-YB8r.gif

Well the obvious choice is to begin in a park that has early morning EMH. I’m thinking that the best day to do it is when Animal Kingdom has early morning EMH as I’d be able to beat the heat in the hottest of the parks and ride the three big headliners within the first hour or so before heading to another park mid-morning.

View attachment 151160

I would start off with the first Safari of the morning before hitting Expedition Everest and then moving on to Dinosaur (even though it is terrible). I’m guessing it will be around 9:30 by the time I’ve done all this so I’d then probably head over to FOTLK for the 10:00 showing. Throw in a M&G or two and then I’d say I’d be ready to leave AK at 11:00 and head to the 2nd park of the day.

I’d jump on a bus and head to Hollywood Studios. This would be the park where I’d be using my three FPs. I’d get them for Tower of Terror, TSMM and Star Tours and I’d go single rider for Rock’n’Roller Coaster. I’d grab lunch in the park and I’m thinking it will probably just be quick service at the Backlot Express. I figure I’d be in the park until around 3pm before leaving for park number 3.

View attachment 151161

I’d leave DHS and hop on a boat to Epcot. I’d go and grab a fourth FP for whatever is available and then spend the afternoon exploring World Showcase. I’ll grab dinner here and I’m thinking it will be the perfect time to grab an early ADR for Via Napoli where the pizza has been calling my name. After doing a quick loop of future world it will be time to leave Epcot (around 7:30ish) and head for the monorail to park number 4.

View attachment 151162

A quick monorail (or two) ride later and I will be at the final park of the day – Magic Kingdom. I’ll try and do a night ride on BTMRR and on the jungle cruise. If the hours play out like last year it will also be evening EMH at MK so I’ll find a spot for Wishes and then try and do as many attractions as possible without FP.

View attachment 151163

And then it would be time to end the longest day ever. I’m thinking that four parks in one day is really doable and what’s the point in having a park hopper if you don’t try something like this ;)

Have any of you ever done four parks in one day? If so, do you have any suggestions or tips on how to achieve it while still having a good day.

Lastly, I haven’t really had any time to do any baking lately – my work has been incredibly busy and I've had to travel the last couple of weekends, but I realized I haven’t shown you my other crafty side yet. I’ve been planning on making a whole bunch of custom Mickey Ears for my trip to go with all the outfits I’ve got planned. So I thought I’d end this update with the first pair I’ve finished – these are my animal ears for my AK day and stay at AKL. They cost my less than $3 in materials and I think they turned out ok :thumbsup2

Before crafting ($1 eBay Mickey ears)
View attachment 151164

And after
View attachment 151165
I've done four parks in a day a few times, and your plan is exactly how I end up doing it. I like to start at AK just to get the buses out of the way early. Morning is also the best time for AK. I think my best advice for accomplishing this is to be as loose as possible with your plans on this day. Don't get wrapped up in trying to stick to a strict schedule or else you'll end up burnt out by the third park. Personally, I've found that the most difficult park for this plan is actually Hollywood Studios. With a chunk of the park closed down to make way for Star Wars and Pixar, more people a funneled into fewer attractions. Even with fast passes, lines seem to be longer and things just seem more packed in general. The fast pass times also seem to be more spaced out, making it more difficult to line up ride times into a manageable chunk to work through. DHS is a good place to use your planned out fast passes for this day to streamline your time in the park. Also, you'll be there during the peak of the heat. It may be in my head, but DHS always seems like the second hottest park, next to AK. AK is furnace mid-day, but DHS seems to be right up there too. Now might be a good time to share of the absolute most important bits of advice that I can give you for this big park hopping day: stay on top of your hydration. I know it's going to be October and it should be cooler, but still, hydrate like crazy. If you don't, the end of the day is going to really suck, and the next day will be miserable too until you get back to a semi-normal hydration level. Build in some extra water breaks, and I'd probably try to get a Gatorade break between lunch and dinner just to replace some of your electrolytes (it's what plants crave) that you will most likely have sweat out. I grab a big thing of water on the way out of DHS and drink it during the boat ride to Epcot. It's a nice relaxed ride that gives you a few minutes to recharge and rehydrate.
If you're looking to do a nice adult style desert, I would recommend popping back over to France after Via Napoli and hitting up L'Artisan des Glaces and getting an Ice Cream Martini, because ice cream and alcohol.

IMG_3315.JPG

Yay!

At about the time it looks that you'll be heading to MK, the Mono may be ridiculously packed, especially during Food and Wine. An alternative route that make be a slight bit more hassle, but a nicer go in the long run would be to hop on a bus to The Wilderness Lodge and take the boat to MK. You may end up adding ten or fifteen minutes to your trip, but it's much less stressful not being packed on a Mono like sardines. The rest plays out pretty smoothly. I think the last bit of advice that I could give is to be willing to skip Wishes/Fireworks if you can. The ride times thin out nicely during the show. One of best views of the fireworks I had was actually while riding BTMRR. Oh, and ride Haunted Mansion because Haunted Mansion is the best!

ultimately I decided that this week I’ll do my plan for the four parks in one day challenge.

<buckles up seat belt> okay. Go.

I’ve done two parks in one day but four is definitely a whole other ballgame.

You think?

Nah.

So where to begin

Wait! I know!

Right there!

I would start off with the first Safari of the morning before hitting Expedition Everest and then moving on to Dinosaur (even though it is terrible).

:laughing: Is it absolutely necessary? Couldn't you exchange it for... uh... nevermind.
Unless you want to start your day by being soaking wet.

I’d jump on a bus and head to Hollywood Studios. This would be the park where I’d be using my three FPs. I’d get them for Tower of Terror, TSMM and Star Tours and I’d go single rider for Rock’n’Roller Coaster.

Ah. Was wondering where the FPs would go.

If the hours play out like last year it will also be evening EMH at MK

Annnnddd.... was wondering about that too.
That should make it do-able.

I’m thinking that four parks in one day is really doable and what’s the point in having a park hopper if you don’t try something like this ;)

:faint:

Nope. But as for suggestions...
Elbow little kids out of the way.

but you do that anyway.

but I realized I haven’t shown you my other crafty side yet.

Oh, you have.
I have no doubt that you're crafty.

Those turned out amazing! Impressed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter