I must be crazy! - An October-November 2016 Solo PTR - Update 10/9 2 Weeks to Go - That's a Wrap

So exciting!! Single digit dancing time!

200.gif

200.gif

200.gif

That is some fantastic dancing!

Even if every single thing you planned goes awry, you're still in Disney. Relax and enjoy it!

I could probably be happy even with a 1 day park closure. Characters and buffets in the lobbies? Heck to the YES!

So exciting - fingers crossed Matthew is well and truly gone by then for you.

It looks like he's actually drifting east at the moment and probably wont be as horrible as anticipated for Orlando!

I keep refreshing and reading all I can possibly find. Looks good- my only worry is the fallout of delayed flights.

Now if only they had attractions for must see classics that I cant be bothered watching. I'm picturing a pretty awesome Shawshank Redemption escape type ride...

Well, make sure you get on the GMR. Rumor has it that it's closing.

I could probably be happy even with a 1 day park closure. Characters and buffets in the lobbies? Heck to the YES!

See? Silver lining.

Well, make sure you get on the GMR. Rumor has it that it's closing.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

This can't be true. :sad::sad::sad:

That rumour has been going around a while - I think it is because the contract with TCM ends next year and it doesn't appear that they'll extend. I've heard a few things about it becoming a Mickey themed ride but I still think Disney has a strong enough catalogue that they could fill it with it's own films instead.

Saw this. Don't know if it's just a rumor or if there's some fact to it. As far as I know, nothing official from Disney.

Great Movie Ride to close in 2017 for Mickey Mouse attraction

Fascinating! I didn't read past page 2, but both sides have good points. I LOVE the ride, but if they put in a decent E-ticket, I'd be all for that. I admit though, I'm already Star Wars'd out. Enough, already.

I'm clearly too slow at typing today!

That rumour has been going around a while - I think it is because the contract with TCM ends next year and it doesn't appear that they'll extend. I've heard a few things about it becoming a Mickey themed ride but I still think Disney has a strong enough catalogue that they could fill it with it's own films instead.

I wish Disney would veer back into pure make believe without a franchise or TM attached- just the good old fashioned Disney fun. What happened to "exploring the jungle" without Mogli in it? Or A pirate adventure without a movie trilogy forced down our throats- a time when we could make up our own characters and story line?

Fascinating! I didn't read past page 2, but both sides have good points. I LOVE the ride, but if they put in a decent E-ticket, I'd be all for that.

The ride is getting a little dated. If they put something good in, that'd be alright. Just not one of those motion simulators, please. While I like Star Tours, I'd much rather ride almost anything else that really moves. (IASW excepted)

I admit though, I'm already Star Wars'd out. Enough, already.

No kidding.

It is still just a rumour. I'm not going to rush out for once last GMR ride.

I'm clearly too slow at typing today!

There, there. Sometimes we're all a little slow.

I wish Disney would veer back into pure make believe without a franchise or TM attached- just the good old fashioned Disney fun. What happened to "exploring the jungle" without Mogli in it? Or A pirate adventure without a movie trilogy forced down our throats- a time when we could make up our own characters and story line?

Yeah! Look at TOT! or PP!.... wait....
Okay, seriously look at BTMRR or RNRC or SM.

The ride is getting a little dated. If they put something good in, that'd be alright. Just not one of those motion simulators, please. While I like Star Tours, I'd much rather ride almost anything else that really moves. (IASW excepted)

OH, I'd fully agree with that, but why not update, or switch the scenes out for other, but equally amazing movies? Gone with the Wind, Godfather, Rocky, Sound of Music....

It is still just a rumour. I'm not going to rush out for once last GMR ride.

Well, I am. Some people get to go every year (and even other lucky folks, ahen, get to go multiple TIMES a year); that is not me.

Yeah! Look at TOT! or PP!.... wait....
Okay, seriously look at BTMRR or RNRC or SM.

There ya go.

2 Weeks to Go

2 Days until Trip
14 Days until WDW

Well it’s finally time.

tumblr_ml0s5xXtc51rstq9ro5_250.gif

That’s right – it’s time to wrap this sucker up and actually go on vacation!

one-hand-really-silly.gif

I’m finally at that point where you can start counting in hours not days or weeks (or years!).

It can be counted in many ways - it’s two more sleeps, or it’s one more day of work, or it’s 60 hours – but no matter how you count it it’s getting close!

I did my final pack yesterday – It’s the first time in years that I’m taking anything more than a carry on. I’ll have one suitcase which is currently full because one whole half is full of Fish Extender gifts for the Disney cruise portion of the trip. Thankfully that means it will be half empty to fill with purchases on the way home!

And then I’ve got my carry on – the same one I managed to do a two week trip in Asia with at the beginning of the year!

So with the packing done what else is left for me to do? Well there are all the personal appointments I’ve got to fit in over the next two days.

I tell you what, trying to be a glamorous traveller is time consuming and expensive!

bikini-season-expensive-thoughts.gif

But I live by the wise words of Donna Meagle and Tom Haverford

tumblr_o7du3tyX8L1svctvto1_500.gif

So I’ve got an appointment with a hairdresser to get my hair all in place.

Then I’ve got another appointment with someone who’ll be doing the exact opposite and forcefully removing the hair from my body.

And then I’ll be relaxing in a massage chair while I get a mani pedi.

giphy5.gif

So thank you all for following long and keeping me company over the past year and a bit.

You’ve made the time fly by and have been a great help in planning this mega journey.

I’ll post a link to the inevitable TR and DR when I get back.

I may pop back in while I’m away but then again I’ll be on vacation hopefully doing fun things.

If you want to follow along my social media handles are in my signature.

So if I don’t see you (as much as you can see on a web based platform) I hope you all continue on being your awesome Disnerd selfs while I’m away!

Genie.jpg

That’s right – it’s time to wrap this sucker up and actually go on vacation!

Are you sure? It's not too late to delay everything is it?

I’m finally at that point where you can start counting in hours not days or weeks (or years!).
Or decades! Or centuries! Or millennia! Or Galactic years!.... okay those last few were just stupid.

It’s the first time in years that I’m taking anything more than a carry on.

Considering the scope of your trip... I should think so!

one suitcase which is currently full because one whole half is full of Fish Extender gifts for the Disney cruise portion of the trip.

:faint:

Thankfully that means it will be half empty to fill with purchases on the way home!

Um... but don't those same people give you stuff? Stuff that you'll have to put in... oh, about half a suitcase?

And then I’ve got my carry on – the same one I managed to do a two week trip in Asia with at the beginning of the year!

Impressive.

I tell you what, trying to be a glamorous traveller is time consuming and expensive!

And yet you pull I off with panache.

So I’ve got an appointment with a hairdresser to get my hair all in place.

Then I’ve got another appointment with someone who’ll be doing the exact opposite and forcefully removing the hair from my body.

Wouldn't it make more sense to just pull it out instead of styling it first?
Or does it have to look pretty before you pull it out so as not to offend the pull-ee?

I’ll post a link to the inevitable TR and DR when I get back.

Good!!!

AND HAVE A GREAT, WONDERFUL, MAGICAL TRIP!!!

Are you sure? It's not too late to delay everything is it?

762e8ed4f93327168446b6f1cba178af.jpg

We don't joke about delays around here...

Or decades! Or centuries! Or millennia! Or Galactic years!.... okay those last few were just stupid.

:laughing:

Considering the scope of your trip... I should think so!

I did five weeks in France with carry on in the fall. I would be able to do it this trip probably if it weren't for the cruises.

Um... but don't those same people give you stuff? Stuff that you'll have to put in... oh, about half a suitcase?

Sort of true. But I'm going to be receiving for one person. I've had to pack for 9 other cabins with an average of four people per cabin. I figure I should come out with about a quarter to a third of what I took over in return gifts.

And yet you pull I off with panache.

I read that as pancakes for a second and got excited...

Wouldn't it make more sense to just pull it out instead of styling it first?
Or does it have to look pretty before you pull it out so as not to offend the pull-ee?

:rotfl:

Let's just say one lady works above the shoulders and one below ;)

Good!!!

AND HAVE A GREAT, WONDERFUL, MAGICAL TRIP!!!

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter