I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have another unrelated question. There is an AMEX offer right now for a $100 statement credit when spending $500 on certain cruise lines. I currently have a Carnival cruise booked and will take advantage of this offer to get this savings. My husband is an AU on my AMEX account and of course has his own card and log in. The offer is showing up on under his log in as well. Does this mean we should be able to take advantage of this offer twice if we make a payment with each card? I'm getting mixed response on some other forums about whether or not it would work since technically it's not his own AMEX card, but just an AU card on my account. I would think so, since his card is different from mine, but figured someone here may have experience with this type of thing.

Agreed with @MrPTato. If your husband's AU card has the offer too, he can also redeem it using his card.

My wife is an AU on my Amex PRG card and we get offers on both our cards. Most times they're the same offers, sometimes one of us will get an offer the other doesn't.

Whenever we both get an offer we can use for discounted Disney Gift Cards (e.g., Best Buy, Staples, Home Depot, Lowes, etc.), we both add it to our cards, and we both redeem it using our separate cards. We've always gotten the statement credit for both cards.

Ok, please bear with me as I'm a total noob with all this. I recently got the CSR and am working my way towards my 100,000 UR points. Ideally I'd like to convince my husband to take a trip to DisneyWorld over our son's Easter break from school. I've looked at some flights online through the UR portal just to see about how many points it would take. Looks like we'll easily have enough to cover 3 round trip tickets with lots of points to spare. My primary question is, would it be a smart move "transfer wise" to try to book at the Swan by moving UR points through Marriott then to Starwood? I've been doing tons of reading over on reddit churning, and from what I gather, this is the only way to turn those UR points into a hotel at Disney. I could definitely be missing something though. I'm honestly afraid to ask any questions over on reddit. Don't want to get chewed out. LOL. I would really appreciate anyone's feedback on this. I really don't know what I'm doing and this is the first time I'll be dipping my toe in the water of using credit card points for anything. All my previous cards were just cash back cards.
I saw a lot of onsite hotels thru the UR portal,I'd book one of those using points,esp. as I think they'll be less than the 30k points per room to do a transfer like that- I saw the dolphin there too,just depends on your dates.Saw some great UR portal deals on the onsite Universal hotels!

CSR big bonus EXTENDED: open online for 100,000 bonus points until 10pm EST tonight according to Reddit!

I bit the bullet and applied, got super excited about the opportunities this will bring for travel- and at the end of app I got a message saying I'd hear back in 30 days via US mail :( Then my research (ok, Reddit reading) told me 30 days is a good message :) But I couldn't wait, I called the automated status line and it states the (supposedly) dreaded 7-10 day message :( ...I really don't want to call recon if I don't have to so I'm waiting on the snail mail now & trying not to check my Chase account every few hours...

Last edited:
CSR big bonus EXTENDED: open online for 100,000 bonus points until 10pm EST tonight according to Reddit!

I bit the bullet and applied, for super excited about the opportunities this will bring for travel- and at the end of app I got a message saying I'd hear back in 30 days via US mail :( Then my research (ok, Reddit reading) told me 30 days is a good message :) But I couldn't wait, I called the automated status line and it states the (supposedly) dreaded 7-10 day message :( ...I really don't want to call recon if I don't have to so I'm waiting on the snail mail now & trying not to check my Chase account every few hours...
Hoping for the best...it is usually better to ride it out and see what they want. You applied before the deadline, so if approved, you will still get the 100k.

Ok, please bear with me as I'm a total noob with all this. I recently got the CSR and am working my way towards my 100,000 UR points. Ideally I'd like to convince my husband to take a trip to DisneyWorld over our son's Easter break from school. I've looked at some flights online through the UR portal just to see about how many points it would take. Looks like we'll easily have enough to cover 3 round trip tickets with lots of points to spare. My primary question is, would it be a smart move "transfer wise" to try to book at the Swan by moving UR points through Marriott then to Starwood? I've been doing tons of reading over on reddit churning, and from what I gather, this is the only way to turn those UR points into a hotel at Disney. I could definitely be missing something though. I'm honestly afraid to ask any questions over on reddit. Don't want to get chewed out. LOL. I would really appreciate anyone's feedback on this. I really don't know what I'm doing and this is the first time I'll be dipping my toe in the water of using credit card points for anything. All my previous cards were just cash back cards.

We booked our spring break trip to DLR with the 100k points we got on CSR. Checking United & SW, we needed >40k points per person (3 of us) for flights to California. Thru UR portal, I found AA flights for 30k points each, booked 2. Used $300 travel credit plus $100 (on AA card, getting us free checked bag) for 3rd one. Booked hotel thru UR portal for same reason, my points went further. Gotta do some legwork & calculations but got us a nearly free trip to DLR. Had to buy Park tix but did it thru LMTclub on CSR and got 3x points at least.

We booked our spring break trip to DLR with the 100k points we got on CSR. Checking United & SW, we needed >40k points per person (3 of us) for flights to California. Thru UR portal, I found AA flights for 30k points each, booked 2. Used $300 travel credit plus $100 (on AA card, getting us free checked bag) for 3rd one. Booked hotel thru UR portal for same reason, my points went further. Gotta do some legwork & calculations but got us a nearly free trip to DLR. Had to buy Park tix but did it thru LMTclub on CSR and got 3x points at least.
#travelBOSS

I bit the bullet and applied, got super excited about the opportunities this will bring for travel- and at the end of app I got a message saying I'd hear back in 30 days via US mail :( Then my research (ok, Reddit reading) told me 30 days is a good message :) But I couldn't wait, I called the automated status line and it states the (supposedly) dreaded 7-10 day message :( ...I really don't want to call recon if I don't have to so I'm waiting on the snail mail now & trying not to check my Chase account every few hours...

personal accounts, its okay to call recon asap. It could be moving credit from other credit cards... id give recon a shot.
as for 100k, u can still go inbranch for 100k until march something. Just ppl who dont like to do that have to apply today? maybe? theres no for sure as the desciption says yesterday was the last day to apply although the 100k language is still there. would suggest taking a picture of that just incase!

personal accounts, its okay to call recon asap. It could be moving credit from other credit cards... id give recon a shot.
as for 100k, u can still go inbranch for 100k until march something. Just ppl who dont like to do that have to apply today? maybe? theres no for sure as the desciption says yesterday was the last day to apply although the 100k language is still there. would suggest taking a picture of that just incase!
I totally did a screen grab just in case! Yeah, in branch is supposed to be available until Mar. Thanks for the note on calling recon. I'll go ahead & do that tomorrow!

Totally my kind of goals!! LOL. I'm not dead set on DisneyWorld for our trip. I honestly just want to plan a decent trip for just me, my husband and our son (since we rarely ever travel just the 3 of us) and prove to my husband all the time I'm putting into this - and all the new credit cards I plan to get - will be worth it in the end. He really just doesn't get it, and I'd like to show him we can have a wonderful vacation for way less than he would anticipate paying by using points. I think if I can pull that off, he'll be way less hesitant when I decide I'm ready to apply for the 2 Chase SW cards. He was uneasy enough when I got the CSR alone. Looks like I've got way more leg work to do for this.

If you don't mind me asking, when is your spring break trip scheduled?

Totally my kind of goals!! LOL. I'm not dead set on DisneyWorld for our trip. I honestly just want to plan a decent trip for just me, my husband and our son (since we rarely ever travel just the 3 of us) and prove to my husband all the time I'm putting into this - and all the new credit cards I plan to get - will be worth it in the end. He really just doesn't get it, and I'd like to show him we can have a wonderful vacation for way less than he would anticipate paying by using points. I think if I can pull that off, he'll be way less hesitant when I decide I'm ready to apply for the 2 Chase SW cards. He was uneasy enough when I got the CSR alone. Looks like I've got way more leg work to do for this.

If you don't mind me asking, when is your spring break trip scheduled?

March 25-31. Last year we did a 4 day trip to WDW during F&W in September. Stayed at Dolphin on SPG points & flight courtesy of points from sign up bonus for Chase SW card.

I'm a total noob too! I was wondering about the flights part... are you better off booking your flights through UR or transferring the points into miles with the airline you're looking at? When my brother was booking a Christmas flight on his CSP he saved a lot of money by turning the points into miles vs buying the tickets in the portal, but maybe that was because it was an exceptionally expensive time to fly?

Definitely look at transferring points and do the math. I've always found it a far better value to transfer, but I almost exclusively use my points for international business class and above tickets. That may be a factor.

Whenever I do a points purchase I find the value I'm getting for each point. For me, if I'm not getting at least $.02/point then I usually pay cash. Of course if free is the goal then whatever ever gets the dollar amount down is the best value.

Are you just looking for one free night at the swan or would you do the transfer for multiple nights?

Called recon for CSR. Denied due to 5/24. I'm 4/24 but was made an AU for work so that's 5/24. First rep flat out denial. Seconded rep listened and left for a few mins and came back and said I don't meet the profile for this card as I'm just building my credit. 10 years of credit history and never a missed payment or balance carried and I'm not good enough for this card. Grrrh. Gonna call back this afternoon as I'm worried my 2nd rep had to talk to a supervisor & I don't want to be brought up to that same supervisor again.

March 25-31. Last year we did a 4 day trip to WDW during F&W in September. Stayed at Dolphin on SPG points & flight courtesy of points from sign up bonus for Chase SW card.

I'm looking at the week after Easter since that's when my son is out of school. Like I said, I'm not really set on a specific destination. I honestly just wanted to plan something out to show my husband that it's worth it. I guess I need to set some more specific goals for this. LOL

Are you just looking for one free night at the swan or would you do the transfer for multiple nights?

I'm not really set on staying there, or going to WDW. I was just trying to look into my options. I didn't realize there were other Disney hotels available in the UR portal. I did some more checking into this yesterday. I suppose what I really need to do is figure out exactly where I want to go and stay, then go from there. I was just kicking around the idea of WDW as a starting point to see if I'd have the points to make the trip extremely affordable.

Is there a way to narrow down your search area in the UR portal that I'm missing? Like searching a specific area of Orlando instead of the entire thing?

Called recon for CSR. Denied due to 5/24. I'm 4/24 but was made an AU for work so that's 5/24. First rep flat out denial. Seconded rep listened and left for a few mins and came back and said I don't meet the profile for this card as I'm just building my credit. 10 years of credit history and never a missed payment or balance carried and I'm not good enough for this card. Grrrh. Gonna call back this afternoon as I'm worried my 2nd rep had to talk to a supervisor & I don't want to be brought up to that same supervisor again.
this happened to me too. wouldn't budge on it till one of them dropped off. so AU does count for 5/24.at least it did for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter