I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What types of business qualify you for a SW Business card? Do they ask for Tax ID number or how do they verify a business? Do they use credit score to approve or what? I work full time and am starting a small direct sales thing so wondering if that counts?

Also I already have a SW Plus card and would like to close it and apply the Business and Premier if possible to get the CP. I have excellent credit scores. TIA!

I have a questions for anyone with knowledge of the Citi AA credit card or the new Barclays AA credit card and the checked bag benefit... from my understanding as long as my AA number is on the reservation somewhere everyone (4 of us) will get their first bag checked free. (I think, correct me if I'm wrong please!) If the trip is booked by someone else using their miles and my name is in the reservation with my AA number will we all get first bag checked free? (I have the AA credit cards but a family member will have the miles through CSR UR.)

What types of business qualify you for a SW Business card? Do they ask for Tax ID number or how do they verify a business? Do they use credit score to approve or what? I work full time and am starting a small direct sales thing so wondering if that counts?

Also I already have a SW Plus card and would like to close it and apply the Business and Premier if possible to get the CP. I have excellent credit scores. TIA!

You'd probably qualify. You can use your SS# in place of a Tax ID. I think you have to include an annual revenue estimate, but I've read that people have been approved even by putting $0 in the box. You might need to call to give further information if you don't get automatic approval, but if you're starting a real business you have a legitimate reason for a business card, so I'd be pretty optimistic. Good luck!

GRRRR. Southwest just came out with a 60K/$3,000 Rapid Rewards bonus on their Premier Business card, making it super fast to obtain the Companion Pass with that card and one of the personal cards. After I just got the 2 personal cards at 50K each and have to accumulate another 6K rewards once I reach the minimum spends.

This might be great news for some of you, anyway!

Did u apply for the SW card within the last 3 months? if so, would suggest messaging chase via SM to have them match the 60k. I did that with the CSP(40k--50k) and Ink+(60k--70k). I got lucky that i was within 3 months of both when they upgraded the sign in bonus.

With the impending deadline for the 100,000 bonus points on the CSR, I got my wife to sign up and she was instantly approved. Now, she's an AU on my CSR card that was approved last month and I want to cancel her AU card as she'll have her own. The $75 annual fee for her AU card posted on 1/1. I've read that with Chase, you can cancel a card within 30 days of the annual fee posting and request a refund. Before I contact Chase to cancel my wife's AU card, is there anything else I should know? Will this affect my CSR bonus (I've already hit the $4,000 spend)? her credit report? etc.?

a bit surprised that the AU didnt affect your wife's credit report and adding to the 5/24. You got lucky! haha.

Anything can constitute as a business. sell something on ebay? ur a business. you dont need Tax ID number, you can use your SS num. They may or may not verify your business.

Did u apply for the SW card within the last 3 months? if so, would suggest messaging chase via SM to have them match the 60k. I did that with the CSP(40k--50k) and Ink+(60k--70k). I got lucky that i was within 3 months of both when they upgraded the sign in bonus.

Thanks for the tip!

I JUST received my SW card in the mail and got approved last week for the premiere card. Hopefully they would be kind enough to switch out the offers as I applied with the $40,000 / $1k spend.

I think I'm going to try for CP. Gonna hit the 2k in 3 months if they can switch the promo out and then apply for the plus in either march or april.

I have a 3k charge coming up on 2/15.. good idea to apply in branch for the csp 50k/4K spend if I am pre qualified? I'd rather put that spend to something useful.

I have a questions for anyone with knowledge of the Citi AA credit card or the new Barclays AA credit card and the checked bag benefit... from my understanding as long as my AA number is on the reservation somewhere everyone (4 of us) will get their first bag checked free. (I think, correct me if I'm wrong please!) If the trip is booked by someone else using their miles and my name is in the reservation with my AA number will we all get first bag checked free? (I have the AA credit cards but a family member will have the miles through CSR UR.)

I know you have to be on the same reservation. I've always used my card to pay for the flight. Back when it was us there was a disconnect between my card and mileage number so I would show them my card and it was fine but I was always alone. When my friend and I flew together last fall she didn't get anything because we were on separate red.

I got personal cards and the 60K offer is for the business Premier, so different types of cards, unfortunately.

You'd probably qualify. You can use your SS# in place of a Tax ID. I think you have to include an annual revenue estimate, but I've read that people have been approved even by putting $0 in the box. You might need to call to give further information if you don't get automatic approval, but if you're starting a real business you have a legitimate reason for a business card, so I'd be pretty optimistic. Good luck!
Yeah, just be aware that calling in to get a business card is pretty stringent....YMMV. It's generally not a good idea to call on a biz card app,esp if it's just a "selling some stuff on ebay" sort of biz....:thumbsup2

my CSR just arrived... i carry too many chase cards in my wallet... :|

its been real Citi Thank you card... u will be missed!

edit: anyone know how long it takes for priority membership lounge access card to show up?
About 2 weeks..

That is frustrating. Just FYI, for the AMEX SPG card, you & AU will see different offers on your cards. AU sets up their own log in & password. If she logs in to your account she will only see her charges. If you log in to your account you can see all charges, yours & hers. AU charges have an icon next to them on the website; on the app you can filter for your charges, AU charges or all charges.
The Amtrak card still has the 30k bonus after 1k spend. Annual fee is $79.

my CSR just arrived... i carry too many chase cards in my wallet... :|

its been real Citi Thank you card... u will be missed!

edit: anyone know how long it takes for priority membership lounge access card to show up?

Ours took weeks after we called and requested it to be sent. It wasn't an automatic thing.

just got approved for CSR yesterday! I was gonna go for a different chase to round out my 5, but just couldn't resist....:cool1: and yes, I have bought progressively larger wallets over the years, with spaces to easily organize and use different cc's....:rotfl2: it's a hazard of the game! (vera Bradley makes a great zippered wallet with lots of card holders lol)

just got approved for CSR yesterday! I was gonna go for a different chase to round out my 5, but just couldn't resist....:cool1: and yes, I have bought progressively larger wallets over the years, with spaces to easily organize and use different cc's....:rotfl2: it's a hazard of the game! (vera Bradley makes a great zippered wallet with lots of card holders lol)
Congratulations!

I'm in the same boat. I got a zippered coach wallet for My birthday that has slots for 20 cards. Seems like a lot but those slots filled up fast!

Applied for the csp under my chase offers selected for you and it went pending. do I call in?

All - I haven't read the entire thread, but just in case nobody has posted it, the Chase Sapphire Reserve bonus deal ends at the end of the day today (January 11th). I already have one; my DH applied last night and was approved instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter