• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I just booked Chef Mickey's on arrival day, help me figure this out!

TandLMommy28

DIS Veteran
We needed to fit in one more reservation with our dining plan and I finally got one for Chef Mickey's for lunch on arrival day, a Sunday at 1:40.

Here's the details:
We are at POFQ. We are driving from Indiana but leaving like 5am on the day before. We plan to get to about 2 hours outside of Orlando on Saturday, stop and sleep and get back on the road about 7, getting us to Disney around 9-ish SUnday morning. (We do an 18 hour drive regularly so I have no fear that we can handle that much drive in one day!)...

We are checking in at POFQ, hopefully between 9 and 10. We want to go to MK that day for several reasons. First, I think it's the first place the kids should go and 2nd, it's slow season so the parks close early and even with EMH, the park closes at 11.

So what's our best bet? Hang out around the hotel until it's time for our reservation? Park at MK and monorail over to Chef Mickey's, then right on over to MK? Bus over to MK and then monorail to Chef Mickey's? If driving how much time do I need to give us on a slow day (Touring Plans predicts crowd level 2) from POFQ to MK and then monorail to CR?

Thanks!

I probably wouldn't drive to MK, unless you want your car. I would take the bus to MK and then the monorail to Chef Mickeys. I'm not sure if you get to your hotel at say 9:30 & check in and then get the bus to MK, you might get to MK at the earliest 11. I don't know if it would make sense to go into MK and then have to leave in like an hour and a half for your reservation. If it was me, I would hang around the hotel, or even sleep a little later at whatever hotel you are staying in before you start your drive and not arrive at the hotel so early.

Bus to MK and do a few things before walking/monorailing over to the Contemporary for lunch.

Doesn't Chef Mickey's only have breakfast and dinner? Better check your reservation is not at 11:40. :confused3

Doesn't Chef Mickey's only have breakfast and dinner? Better check your reservation is not at 11:40. :confused3
Often during high restaurant volume periods (especially free dining), CM will open up lunch reservations. According to the OP's countdown thingy, they'll be there in about 92 days, placing them in early Sept.

Often during high restaurant volume periods (especially free dining), CM will open up lunch reservations. According to the OP's countdown thingy, they'll be there in about 92 days, placing them in early Sept.

Good to know, thanks! :thumbsup2 I'd hate for the OP to miss out on her ADR.

I'd park at your Resort, then catch a bus to the MK. Then, you can walk or ride to the Contemporary.

I would take the bus to the MK, have fun in the park, then walk to the Contemporary for lunch. Afterwards you can just walk back to the MK for the rest of the day.

Kim T :figment:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter