• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I hope I didn't make a mistake

mamamac

Mouseketeer
I cancelled our Storybook Princess lunch at Epcot and scheduled Cinderellas Royal Table for dinner at MK. We have done the Epcot one before and we have never done CRT. My husband and I discussed that by the next time we are able to go Disney, the girls may not be all that excited to go to CRT. So since they are into the whole princess thing right now, we decided to do it. Please tell me I made the right choice.

You know your kids. If they are into the princesses what better place to have lunch then right in the castle. It is an experience everyone should do at least once.

Go have fun. Don't fret. They will love it no matter what. :)

You'll get different opinions but personally I love CRT for dinner. The castle is beautiful, I like the food choices for dinner. Until recently, there werent any princesses at the castle for dinner - it was just fair godmother and the mice- but I am pretty sure that I read that the princesses will be at all the meals now. The girls should get a wand with their meal, you get a photo package at no additional cost with your meal ( you can of course purchase extra), you get a face to face with Cinderella when you get your photo. The tip is included in the price of the meal ----- one thing to be sure you are aware of is that if you are on the DDP, this meal will require 2 tableservice credits.

Hope you like it!

think you're making a mistake? I haven't eaten dinner there so I can't comment on the food. I'm happy with the lunch there.

This past trip my wife and discussed whether this would be our last CRT lunch for awhile. This was the first time for our daughter to do BBB before lunch. It was also near her birthday so they had some little extras for that. Our daughter was so excited. Shortly after leaving Disney at the end of our trip, my wife and I discussed what we wanted to change for the next trip. That's pretty standard for us. The first thing she said was that she wanted to go back to CRT again for our daughter.

At that time we didn't know that dinner would move to a princess format so we'll have to choose between lunch and dinner. Breakfast works for so many people but it's not for us.

At that time we didn't know that dinner would move to a princess format so we'll have to choose between lunch and dinner. Breakfast works for so many people but it's not for us.

So now all the princesses are there at dinner????

I didn't know that they weren't there for dinner.

discussed that starting Feb 7th or thereabouts the princesses are supposed to at dinner also.

Personally I loved Cinderella's Royal Table. My husband and I are childless, but this dining experience made us really, really wish we had a little girl or two to bring along. This experience was the one that really made me feel as though pixie dust had been sprinkled all over the place...true Disney magic.

My husband and I are going back to Disney in October, and we decided we're going to eat here again, as the atmosphere was magical and the food was surprisingly good! We thought we were just going to get a main entree and that was it, but we loved that we got to have our pictures taken with Cinderella (though again, wish we had a daughter with us).

The rice pudding was really good...if nothing else was decent about this place, I'd go back for the rice pudding alone. Delicious. We had a really fun time so I think your family will too.

CRT is really wonderful and they should love it- especially since you think they should.

We went when I was 18. My sisters were 16 and 14- we all loved it. It makes any girl/woman no matter the age really feel like a princess. It really is an overall magical experience. The food was pretty good. Not the best in Disney, but I think all Disney food is pretty good.

I'm pretty sure that princesses will be at all the meals, starting in February.

Your girls will LOVE IT. And it's not like you'll be taking them to lunch at Norway immediately followed by dinner at CRT (I'd think that would be too much Princesses for ANYONE, no?). They won't be comparing it to anything. It will just be a magical wonderful dinner in the castle!

My daughter and I loved CRT! It was the most magical meal of our trip! Have fun--you'll all have a blast! :thumbsup2

I like lunch at CRT better then Akershus. And you really can't beat the atmosphere for little girls eating in the castle.

I'm almost in the same situation, but I do have some time to work it all out. I'm trying to decide between 1900 Park Fare for dinner and CRT for either lunch or dinner. I am almost positive we want to do Akershus for breakfast on our Epcot day to get in the park early ;). I'm leaning more towards CRT since we wouldn't have to leave the park. DD will also have a BBB makeover in the castle.

I personally think everyone should experience dining in the castle at least once, so I think the OP made the right choice!

HI Mamamac! I just want to give you another vote: I believe you made a good decision! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Now go on and enjoy that meal with your family!:goodvibes

Hi, in November, me, my DH, DD, and DDBFF ate at CRT for dinner. I have to say I :love: absolutely loved the experience. The castle is "wow", just such a special place that i will always remember. I loved the food, our waiter was so attentive, helpful and comical, the girls met Cinderella and had their picture taken all dressed up, and the fairy godmother was very entertaining. We had 8 table service dining experiences during our vacation and this was my favorite and most memorable. I have to say i am fond of crystal palace for breakfast too. We have eaten at Askerus before and the food was very good and its nice to meet all the princesses, but I think eating at the castle at night was magical. Honestly, I did not understand all of the "not so good" reviews that I read about CRT before our trip.

When I was making reservations for all of our trip dinners etc. last week I had mentioned I wanted to do dinner at Cinderella's Castle. She had said to me "you do know that no Characters will be there for dinner right". If I were you I'd call and check. She also told me that seeing the fireworks from the castle is magical also! I don't know how late your dinner is for but maybe that would be an option?

You all have made me feel so better about this. I plan on calling them first thing tomorrow to see if there will be princesses. Regardless I think I will keep it even if they aren't there. We can always see the princesses at Toontown if we don't see them there.

Every little girl should eat in the castle at least once! We have always had great meals. But who eats at the castle just for the food. DS has allowed me to eat there 3 times, but said no more. I will miss it on our next trip (in 5 days). I don't have any daughters so have a great time for me.

Every little princess should eat in the castle. My daughter had only 1 choice that would always be the winner. Nothing else compares .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter