• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I Hear a Rumor… PrincessBetsy is in Walt Disney World–A DCP Dining Review *9/24

That was a delightful post of sweets galore! Now you are such a local going to wawa for sandwiches. I'll keep wawa in mind when we drive from St. Pete beach.:drive: I'll have the scoop on Florida goodies.:rotfl:

Wow, I didn't realize that Wawa was working its way down south. Good to know! There is a Wawa 2 blocks from my job and it is usually my daily coffee spot. I also have a weird obsession with their breakfast sandwiches. Love that place. Keep an eye out for the cherry cake donut with vanilla icing and red sprinkles. It is the best donut ever, but they don't have it very often.

I'm another person who has never heard of Wawa... The food looks really good and if it is made fresh to order, awesome!

Thanks for sharing the snack photos - I need a reminder of why I must book a return visit. :)

I was glad to share the photo with you. :goodvibes

Wawa! We have a ton of them near my university, so I definitely understand the appeal. There's no better spot at 3am for a sandwich and some coffee. :rotfl:

The mint chocolate chip cookie sandwich is a great idea! As for the orange dole whip, I have to say it's one of my least favorite WDW foods. Some people love it, but to me it tastes artificial and like medicine. :laughing: I think the citrus swirl is much better than the orange dole whip (and I'd gladly take a pineapple-vanilla swirl dole whip over the citrus swirl). :thumbsup2

That's awesome! They need to build one near my university; I'm sure everyone would love it. I feel you with the artificial taste of the orange dole whip. It really doesn't taste natural now that I think about it haha.

I've never seen anyone post a picture of the caramel pecan bar before. I think that's my favorite thing in all the parks. I always bring a couple home to hold me over until my next visit.

My dad lived outside of Wawa, PA which was the home of the original Wawas so I've been going to Wawa since they started. (I'm feeling so old!). None of us can imagine life without Wawa. We recently bought a place in FL which we plan on relocating to in 2 years. My oldest son was thrilled to see the Orlando Wawa open since it is only an hour away, but they are expanding and could end up closer. We found out they don't have Amoroso rolls, they bake their own. I was wondering if you could you give me an idea of what the rolls were like. Were they like the kind you get baked in grocery stores or were they good, so soft, long rolls from a decent roll bakery? An off topic review but a much appreciated one.

Yes, the caramel pecan bar is one of my favorite things from the caramel shop in Germany. It is absolutely devine. You are so lucky to grow up with Wawa! Then again, I'd probably spend way too much money if I had one nearby me at all times. I usually get my rolls toasted, so they aren't normally soft. I'd say they are a step up from the grocery store ones, but not as good as a real bakery's rolls. They are darn tasty as far as I know!

I've never heard of Wawa but I feel the need to track one down :)

Agreed!

what linda said:rotfl:

:thumbsup2 Do it! Google the nearest one and enjoy!

That was a delightful post of sweets galore! Now you are such a local going to wawa for sandwiches. I'll keep wawa in mind when we drive from St. Pete beach.:drive: I'll have the scoop on Florida goodies.:rotfl:

I know! Wawa is amazing... :lovestruc You should definitely check it out.

Wow, I didn't realize that Wawa was working its way down south. Good to know! There is a Wawa 2 blocks from my job and it is usually my daily coffee spot. I also have a weird obsession with their breakfast sandwiches. Love that place. Keep an eye out for the cherry cake donut with vanilla icing and red sprinkles. It is the best donut ever, but they don't have it very often.

Yes, the Orlando one is the first one in Florida. I'm so glad they are spreading around. I've never had a breakfast sandwich or a cherry cake donut!!! That sounds amazing... must find this soon!

I'm another person who has never heard of Wawa... The food looks really good and if it is made fresh to order, awesome!

Thanks for sharing the snack photos - I need a reminder of why I must book a return visit. :)

I was glad to share the photo with you. :goodvibes

Yes, Wawa is such a glorious thing. Please do book a return visit :goodvibes And thank you so much for the pic! It's absolutely adorable :)

Nine Dragons – August 5th

I somehow just realized I skipped this meal. I went to Nine Dragons in Epcot with some friends from work, before we had to work extra magic hours. Let’s just say that we were all exhausted later that night, haha.

Place Setting
IMG_2463.jpg

I had Sweet and Sour Pork with Spicy Spinach Noodles:
IMG_2464.jpg

My friend loves this restaurant and always orders the honey chicken. I decided to go with this dish, since I love sweet and sour sauce. I wasn’t too sure about the noodles, especially since I don’t like spicy things. I was really pleasantly surprised by this dish after all. The sauce was amazing and pork was crispy and cooked perfectly. The noodles weren’t spicy at all, nor did they taste like spinach. I’m not entirely sure how to describe the taste, but they were darn delicious!

This wasn’t my favorite Asian inspired meal (that goes to yak and yeti), but it was still pretty good…
barbossa.jpg

That looks good! Glad I just ate lunch or I might be drooling.

Hi Betsy... not sure how I missed this one.

I've considered eating at 9 Dragons but I'm a little scared that it will be a disappointment. Glad to hear that you had a great experience. The sweet/sour looks great. Just seems odd to see the green noodles instead of rice served with the dish. At least is was nourishment to get you through your long night! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter