I Have No Impulse Control - Last Minute Easter Weekend Trip - Update 4/23 (La Hacienda)

We saw some pretty incredible and expensive Lego on our trip. One of my boys has his eye on the Batman Tumbler!

Your drinks at Mizner's look great. And of course a good bartender makes all the difference. Cant wait to see what kinds of lego's a trip to Trader Sams and Mizners is going to induce ; )

It really does! Mizner's is one of those great 'quiet' but lively bars with the music from the Grand Floridian Band playing. Not sure I'll get there in May as the trip keeps getting busier and busier (The Boathouse here we come!)

I need to renew my AP so I can actually make FP+ for that trip.

We saw some pretty incredible and expensive Lego on our trip. One of my boys has his eye on the Batman Tumbler!

There are some awesome sets out there that are rather costly. I now have two of the costly sets but there is another I'll be acquiring in May provided they aren't sold out. Disney seems to have the best selection outside of the internet lego store. (I'm sure LEGOLAND does too but I've never been there) The Tumbler is awesome! If I was into DC Comics, that would be on my list.

Goofy's Candy Shop

I'll be the first to admit, don't go shopping after drinking. About a week or so before this trip, I was having a very bad day that really upset me as I discovered the people I thought were my close friends from work had pretty much been lying to me for months. TBH, I still haven't called them on it but I've taken the approach that I'm only having work related conversations from now on & keeping it short at that. So far its been working. My husband & I went to our favorite bar in Naples & I proceeded to try a couple of their new beers as they just had tapped some new craft ones. My husband suggested going to Target after the bar so that he could pick up a few things for an April Fool's Day Prank. While we were in the Toy Section of Target, I decided I wanted to build a Lego set. Of course, I couldn't just buy an easy one - I am an engineer so I went with the hardest one this Target had:

FF7JArO.png

I finished it in two build sessions the following days.

I knew the DTD Disney had a much better selection of Lego & my husband had mentioned that the Architecture Series probably has some difficult ones that I may like. Granted he & I had this conversation a few days before my trip so he didn't think I would actually take him up on the open invite to buy some more Lego Sets. But I did! The Slave I is pretty awesome once it is fully built.

VTzOh8J.png

$240 poorer, I went into Goofy's Candy Shop to look at the create your own treats. I decided on getting two.

Nw7mNLy.jpg

Milk Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows w/ Oreo Crumbs & White Chocolate Drizzle

I ended up eating this in my room much later this evening while I was watching TV. I loved it!

iqvxiSb.jpg

Milk Chocolate Dipped Gingerbread Mickey w/ White & Dark Chocolate Chips & White Chocolate Drizzle

I haven't the foggiest idea why I thought getting a gingerbread Mickey would be a good choice for me. I really don't like gingerbread that much nor do I need that much chocolate on a cookie. The next evening when I attempted to eat this while watching television in the room resulted in most of it going in the trash as it was entirely too sweet and not what I wanted in the least bit. I don't blame the cookie or Goofy's on that, I blame myself for bad choices.​

My fiance and I have developed a slight Lego addiction in the past year. We saw the movie, built a set together, and that was it. 2 modulars, a Christmas Village, and a couple of other things later we have quite a bit. I'm waiting for him to get more of the big Star Wars stuff instead of just adding to our modular town :P

My fiance and I have developed a slight Lego addiction in the past year. We saw the movie, built a set together, and that was it. 2 modulars, a Christmas Village, and a couple of other things later we have quite a bit. I'm waiting for him to get more of the big Star Wars stuff instead of just adding to our modular town :P

That sounds like such a great way to spend time together! Its easier for my husband to understand the Star Wars stuff than the modular town items as he's a huge Star Wars nut (and exercise nut so he'll be maintaining Legacy for the Star Wars Half Marathon in Disneyland) The Tie Fighter comes out in the beginning of May & its on his list for me to build once we can acquire the set (which will most likely be in May when we are at Disney) I like the look of some of them but there is only so much extra money each month for such things.

Well at least out of the two you enjoyed one ;)

Exactly - I enjoyed the one which wasn't a complete bad decision ;)

Be Our Guest

When I originally booked this trip days in advance, I was shocked I was able to get an ADR for Be Our Guest that just recently started serving breakfast. When I saw it was available, I jumped on the opportunity as despite my excessive amounts of trips to Disney, I still hadn't had a meal in Be Our Guest. We had cancelled an ADR for Dinner there in Feb 2014 & we missed our lunch there as the time we could get was so early that neither of us were hungry.

I arrived at 7:30AM for my 7:45AM reservation and headed inside:

zfmBlQo.jpg

GO2zgVY.jpg

ccZiAN7.jpg

At the Kiosk, I ordered my meal and was given a rose despite having a magic band:

62iZPz9.jpg

As it was still early, both the Ballroom & the West Wing were open for seating so I decided to sit in the West Wing.

HeHPWMN.jpg

4iz0dtX.jpg

i7vVCHV.jpg

6MJ2gNs.jpg

With breakfast, you are given both your entrée & a selection of pastries:

7Y6Bi0b.jpg

Croissant Doughnut - Fried Doughnut topped w/ Banana-Caramel Sauce, Pastry Crème & Chocolate Ganache served with fresh Fruit

Some more pictures of everything:

y14TChc.jpg

TVeWnBG.jpg

9ZKFsMQ.jpg

As a solo diner for this meal, as soon as everything was brought out, it felt like this was going to be entirely too much food. I was right with that feeling.

The croissant doughnut was exactly what I wanted it to be for the first half of eating it. The crisp flaky dough mixed with a bit of the banana was perfect. After half, the amount of sugar in the meal was starting to bother me. If you have a sweet tooth, this is totally the breakfast for you!

The pastries sadly were a complete waste on me. Except for the basic croissant, everything else was a super sweet pastry that was just too much when combined with having a Croissant Doughnut. Most of them were left behind.

I don't think I would return to breakfast by myself again. I felt like I wasted a ton of food but I don't blame the restaurant on that at all. If I were to go by myself again, I would probably order the Assorted Cured Meats & Cheese so that I would have enough savory to balance out the sweet pastries so maybe I would be able to try more.

I was glad to finally get inside Be Our Guest which has some wonderful theming inside, especially the West Wing (I wasn't able to see inside the other side room)​

Thanks for your breakfast review! I have a breakfast ressie there next month but if I switch to AKL CL I will cancel. I have a lunch and dinner ressie to fall back on.

Thanks for the review, one of the first breakfast ones I've seen from BoG. That cronut looks like heaven, but like you I can't take too much sweets in the am. Still find it strange they bring the same number of pastries regardless of you are one or 4

Thanks for your breakfast review! I have a breakfast ressie there next month but if I switch to AKL CL I will cancel. I have a lunch and dinner ressie to fall back on.

Still haven't gotten there for lunch or dinner! One day! I think 3 meals at one place would be too much with so many different places to try. I love AKL CL! I find CL breakfasts to be just the right amount for me for breakfast.

Thanks for the review, one of the first breakfast ones I've seen from BoG. That cronut looks like heaven, but like you I can't take too much sweets in the am. Still find it strange they bring the same number of pastries regardless of you are one or 4

Glad you enjoyed it! I'm actually not a huge breakfast person no matter if its sweet or not - I only really eat breakfast when traveling. As I've cut out soda in my life, I'm finding that I can't eat as much super sweet stuff as I used to. It could also be me getting older doing that as well (case in point - Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream - it takes me 3 to 4 times to eat the pint now. My husband can finish it in one sitting still)

It is really strange they bring the same number of pastries no matter the party size. I feel that would cause them more waste. :confused3

Animal Kingdom Food Cart

I didn't last much longer at Magic Kingdom after breakfast as the crowds were already heavily building at 8:30AM & I was not having it. I actually headed back to the hotel to grab my DSLR & head to Animal Kingdom to meet up with one of my high school friends that works at Disney. I had skipped Animal Kingdom my last few trips as it really isn't a must do for me but it was nice to go again. The park wasn't as crowded as Magic Kingdom was so that was totally a plus!

Between watching Its Tough To Be A Bug & heading to Nemo, I needed to eat something of substance. With Flame Tree BBQ down, there are some various food carts around the area that have some options.

x5MjVge.jpg

BBQ Pork w/ Water

The pork was tender & edible. There wasn't a lot of flavor on it and the only BBQ sauce they had was the Heinz so I ate mostly just the meat and threw away most of the bun. It served its purpose of keeping my fed enough until I headed to EPCOT later. I think if I was with my husband or solo I would have done the bar at either Rainforest or Yak & Yeti but this was a very affordable option to eat quickly.​

EPCOT Popcorn Cart

After my friend & I finished at Animal Kingdom, I headed back to EPCOT to wander until it was time for my dinner reservation. Having had that small amount of pork for lunch, I was hungry and in need of water as well. I headed to a snack place I really enjoyed last year at the popcorn cart where they have different flavors of popcorn (Sour Cream & Onion, Buffalo Bleu Cheese & Cheddar)

I grabbed a box of popcorn & a Smart Water and headed into the building across the way to stay out of the sun while I enjoyed my snack.

y0oMhM1.jpg

Cheddar Cheese Popcorn & Smart Water

I love this popcorn! There is a ton of cheese flavor and it was totally what I needed to fill my stomach. I may have looked slightly like a fool as I ate it as I kept tilting the box to my mouth rather than eating with my fingers as that orange cheese powder sticks to the fingers and is a pain to scrub off! The Smart Water was also needed as well to cool me down.​

EPCOT Popcorn Cart

After my friend & I finished at Animal Kingdom, I headed back to EPCOT to wander until it was time for my dinner reservation. Having had that small amount of pork for lunch, I was hungry and in need of water as well. I headed to a snack place I really enjoyed last year at the popcorn cart where they have different flavors of popcorn (Sour Cream & Onion, Buffalo Bleu Cheese & Cheddar)

I grabbed a box of popcorn & a Smart Water and headed into the building across the way to stay out of the sun while I enjoyed my snack.

y0oMhM1.jpg

Cheddar Cheese Popcorn & Smart Water

I love this popcorn! There is a ton of cheese flavor and it was totally what I needed to fill my stomach. I may have looked slightly like a fool as I ate it as I kept tilting the box to my mouth rather than eating with my fingers as that orange cheese powder sticks to the fingers and is a pain to scrub off! The Smart Water was also needed as well to cool me down.​

Haha, I eat popcorn like that too. Where is this popcorn cart located? Is it freshly (relatively) popped, or is it like the bagged stuff they sell in gift shops?

I'm really enjoying your reviews.

Sorry your sandwich was a bust. Flame tree that definitely was not.

That popcorn looks awesome. I wanted to try the buffalo one last trio but never got around to it. May have to vector toward cheddar instead

Haha, I eat popcorn like that too. Where is this popcorn cart located? Is it freshly (relatively) popped, or is it like the bagged stuff they sell in gift shops?

I'm really enjoying your reviews.

Glad I am not the only one that eats popcorn that way! Its located in the concrete area in front of the Imagination Pavilion. It isn't freshly popped but its fresher than the bagged stuff they sell in the gift shops. I imagine its made at some backstage kitchen in batches or even an offsite company from the Orlando Area.

Glad you are enjoying them :)

Sorry your sandwich was a bust. Flame tree that definitely was not.

That popcorn looks awesome. I wanted to try the buffalo one last trio but never got around to it. May have to vector toward cheddar instead

It definitely was not Flame Tree. It at least served it purpose of cheap and quick so I'll give it that. The amount of food I ate this day was a much more reasonable experience after indulging a bit too much the day before along with walking entirely too much as I went around 3 parks!

I'm all about the cheddar! I really am not a huge fan of Blue Cheese so I avoid items that have that in it but I do love spicy buffalo sauce in most things! (why must all buffalo items at Disney have Blue Cheese at the quick services?)

La Cava del Tequila

After I had my snack, I walked around some more of the Flower & Garden Festival. The heat was getting to me & I still had about 45 minutes to kill until it was time for my dinner reservation. I went into one of my favorite bars at EPCOT for the air conditioning and to have a cocktail. The bar wasn't as crowded as it was the day before. The same server visited my table and I quickly ordered.

VnN7dmy.jpg

Blood Orange Margarita

This was a perfect Margarita to cool one down! Not too sweet but not really savory either.

I enjoyed staying out of the sun as well so win win for me!

That margarita looks ahhhhhhh-maze-ing!!!!!!! I've only ever done the avocado and haven't been able to drag myself away from it yet, but the blood orange definitely looks like a contender

That margarita looks ahhhhhhh-maze-ing!!!!!!! I've only ever done the avocado and haven't been able to drag myself away from it yet, but the blood orange definitely looks like a contender

I really liked the blood orange! I've never tried the avocado but I'm the type of person that will eat avocado if its on something but I'll never seek it out to enjoy. One of these days I'll try it out!

La Hacienda de San Angel

I arrived at La Hacienda shortly before my ADR time & was quickly lead to a booth for my meal.

erNKMdy.jpg

Menu

I decided to start with another cocktail as it is vacation ;)

nzasWUe.jpg

Rosita Margarita - Exotico 100% Agave Premium Silver Tequila, Orange Liquor, Fresh Lime Juice & Rose Infusions, served on the rocks with hibiscus Himalayan Salt Rim

I didn't enjoy this one as much as I did the Blood Orange one but it was refreshing.

oaCZwTx.jpg

Chips & Salsa

I decided against getting an appetizer as I could tell I was slightly overheated and there would be no way for me to enjoy both an appetizer and entrée without leaving most behind. I liked the Salsa Verde more than the Smokey Salsa with the chips but I didn't have to many as I knew I would have some decent food coming my way.

zEjt7ic.jpg

Tacos de Camarones - Fried Shrimp, Chipotle-Lime Aioli, Cabbage, Lime & Salsa Verde, Served over Flour Tortillas

5tZtF6k.jpg

Rice & Beans

When I ordered this dish, I was given the option to either have my shrimp grilled or fried. As I loved this item from the Food & Wine Festival, I decided to have it Fried like it was at the festival. The taco were great! I love the flavor combination of the shrimp, aioli & salsa. They proved to be too much for me and I felt bad I was only able to finish about half of the meal. I'm guessing between the heat & having had so much food the day before, my body was like I hate you.

The server was just attentive enough and offered to put the rest of my margarita to go as I paid as its a rule there to never waste good tequila.

I will definitely return, most likely during my November trip to enjoy while my husband runs the Wine & Dine Half.​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter