I failed at the last trip report but I'm trying again

memakwed

DIS Veteran
So here's my deal....Disney is my happy place....but really isn't it everyone's? There's myself 39, DH 42 and DS11. We each came once as a child, ya know back in the day when there was only one family trip to Disney. We grew up and married and honeymooned at Disney. Then we thought we'll come every 5 years. That worked until DS11 turned 5 and we brought him for his first trip. Then we came back when he turned 7 and it's been roughly every 18 months -2 years since. Our last trip was Dec.2013 it was great and I started a trip report but life got in the way and I never finished it. My goal is to try my best to finish it this time around to share our experiences.

This is what happened I'm turning 40 in Sept. we were going for my bday but life happened so we upped the trip and went the month of our 20 year anniversary. Yes I've spent half my life with this man. Is it weird I have no idea because I have nothing to compare to. He accepts my Disney desires and wishes right down to using a bathroom daily that is decorated in mickey. How can I complain. What he didn't want to accept but in the end did was we drove. 19 1/2 hours...yup he did it I didn't drive once. We put in 13 hours or so of driving the first day and stopped in Santee SC. The weather was good the hotel clean, free breakfast and under $100 so I felt good about it. We had dinner about an hour before arriving at red lobster. My tip here is - keep those gift cards that family gives you over the ear and save them to use going down and back to keep a little cash in your pocket. I've done this twice now and get online ahead of time and find where restaurants we have cards for are located. A little plans goes far.

Day two would be our arrival day at Disney. We had a quick breakfast at the hotel and then hit the road at 630 ish. We made it to Disney by 1230. I had faxed a few days ahead with our health related requests and our arrival time of 1pm. Now check in was funny because apparently we are now the Martinez family but I'll get to that tomorrow. Yeah we've arrived at Disney!

So I clearly will fail at this trip report too but I'll put out as much of the experience as I can. We arrived about 1230pm. We hit check in and it was byfar the quickest experience ever in all of our 4 trips to this resort. My husband commented on how quick it was and even worried a little because of it....nothing could be that easy. Our room wasn't ready but the CM told us what building we would be in. Building 16 one that I had requested. Off to a great start she said they would text when it was ready or to check back in a half hour. Well we know how texting goes so we didn't hold our breath with that text coming. We decided to walk around the resort since we have only stayed on the Magnolia bend side in all past visits and it truly felt like we were at a different resort with the comforts of familiarity. we checked out the main pool and fishing hole. We only use quiet pools because DS doesn't like splashy people but this trip he thought he might try the slide. the fishing hole was closing for the day I believe the hours are 7-1pm so we headed back to get the car. We got a text on the way saying our room was ready and they gave a number of 95++. of course DH didn't tell me the number or I would have known something was up right away. Instead we got the car and grabbed the luggage and as we walked to the building I asked the number and then I said "ummm no" That's building 95 on the other side not 16. DS and I sat on a bench with the luggage while DH went to checkin. He never goes to actually checkin or deal with issues but the heat had gotten to me and with my health issues I wasn't well enough to walk that far I needed to sit. Once speaking to a CM as checkin he was called Mr. Martinez and told he had a daughter. That upset him more but in the end it turned out we were texted the wrong room number and we were in building 16. He came found us on our bench and we walked a short walk to our 1st floor room( another request) close to the quiet pool. the location was wonderful room 1613. Facing the pool but far enough away blocked by a path and vegetation. A corner room with the pull down murphy bed. I was so pleased that our requested were honored although I totally know that it can't always happen. The beds were cute like an Adirondack wood frame, lanterns over the bed and the murphy bed across form the queen beds under the TV. When the murphy bed is closed it is a bench and when open there is a picture of the alligator and frog from princess and the frog. Watching tv from the murphy bed wasn't ideal but still fine for DS. The bathroom was standard like any other. Two sinks but the shower had a faux wood deck planking on the walls which was cute. The buildings themselves reminded me of Carribean beach buildings if you've stayed there. Two story same style different color. Now that we were checking we unpacked a bit and it the quiet pool. For a Monday it was really busy and not so quiet. The rest of the time it was very quiet with just a family or two at a time. It is a free form shaped pool. Looks a little older with frog and lily pad tiles by the wet deck. I like the magnolia bend quit pools better but it was nice these seemed to have more shade which is important if you have health issues and need to be out of the sun. The laundry and bathrooms were right off the pool which we took advantage of once during the trip. Around 5 pm we started down to the boat to go to DTD. We had plans to eat at PH and shop for a stuffed animal. Again it was busy we had to wait for a second boat to DTD which doesn't usually happen and didn't happen again during the trip. About half ay down after the French quarter stop we were told they were shutting down the boat temp. due to a storm rolling through. We stopped at the Saratoga resort to let another boat know since his radio didn't work. Since the last trip the dock location had changed. It is now to the left of Rainforest café compared to the right before. It threw my husband and son off a bit but they had me so we were all good. We walked to PH for a 630 ADR and promptly checked in and went up stairs. We were then told they would text whena table was ready and we could go to the store or the bar. I'm not taking my child in a bar so went to the store. The store is so tiny and skimpy not even worth having. We didn't see anything of interest. We waited. We stood 5 feet from the host and they still texted. It was a bit of a joke. We were seated on the main floor by the bike. The waitress was nice. WE forgot our coupon/voucher that comes with the trip package. No big deal. DS had the chicken wings with a side of fries, DH an Asian salad, and I had the chicken marsala. It was good regular chain food faire. No complaints, we tried to wait out the storm and the waitress didn't rush us at all and even took a family pic for us. It only seemed sprinkly so we left and then it hit. Turns out my

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter