• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I DON'T Walk. A kids rule May 2015 TR *Completed 2/13*

The Jedi Master had to eventually help him and he told Connor not to worry because we was already dead and in spirit form Vader couldn’t get him :rotfl2:. Connor basically swung the lightsaber around and Darth Vader did a good job of making it look like a fight. When Connor went to duck the Jedi said wow you good at fighting from the afterlife.
:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao::thumbsup2

But first, you can never have enough photopass pictures.
::yes::

Looks like a great time at the JTA and probably a memory you'll have forever. I'm interested to see what the academy is like after its big refurb.

We literally went straight to the room, helped Joe get the little boys ready and then turned around and went back to DHS. We were really pressed for time so once the car was parked, I put Connor in the stroller and starting jogging toward the entrance. We had parked near the back and even though this is not a huge lot, it was a hike and very difficult to do in that heat. We made it to the JTA area with a few minutes to spare:faint:.
Whew... I'm glad you made it back in time. Especially after the effort it took to get signed up!

The CM then played trivia with the kids and I got to talk to another mom. Her son was 5 and a huge Star Wars fan. He knew the answer to every single question. They had driven all the way down from South Carolina just to do this. The CM then gave them a potty warning to which Connor said he was fine. Less than 5 minutes before the start, Connor tells me he does have to go:sad2:
Well, what else would you expect? :confused3:rotfl:

Even though he couldn’t participate James was so excited when Darth Vader came out.
They don't let me participate either and I get excited about that too! :rotfl: :darth:

Connor was the second kid to fight Vader and he couldn’t get his lightsaber to activate. It was really funny because every time they go to activate there is a sound effect and Connor had about three and no lightsaber. The Jedi Master had to eventually help him and he told Connor not to worry because we was already dead and in spirit form Vader couldn’t get him :rotfl2:. Connor basically swung the lightsaber around and Darth Vader did a good job of making it look like a fight. When Connor went to duck the Jedi said wow you good at fighting from the afterlife.
That is amazing! I'm glad that he seemed to have a good time with it and that they did such a good job of playing along with everything and making his experience a success.

Joe took James over to the background near the entrance to get away from Manny.And he was all to happy to take pictures posing with the 2D versions of the characters.
Well, I guess whatever makes him happy.

In between characters, there was eating happening.
That's usually rare at a character meal.

Handy Manny made his way back around this time James was blowing him kisses and waving to him. I asked if wanted to go up to him and his actually did:cool1:.
I'm glad that he finally came around to the characters!

Sounds like an amusing Jedi Training! Glad everyone had a good time. Reading this made me realize that whenever we next get to WDW, Izzy will be old enough to do that!

Looks like fun at Hollywood & Vine too. I think that is something we'll have to keep in mind for future trips too, as most of those characters would be a big hit with Izzy these days.

That Photopass picture makes me laugh.

Looks like a great time at the JTA and probably a memory you'll have forever. I'm interested to see what the academy is like after its big refurb.
It was really fun, I'm glad he got to do it before the refurb so now we can compare.

Whew... I'm glad you made it back in time. Especially after the effort it took to get signed up!
:faint: me too

Well, what else would you expect? :confused3:rotfl:
You're right, I should have expected.

They don't let me participate either and I get excited about that too! :rotfl: :darth:
:rotfl2:

That is amazing! I'm glad that he seemed to have a good time with it and that they did such a good job of playing along with everything and making his experience a success.
:thumbsup2 He did even know he's was being razzed, it was all in goo fun though and he had fun

Well, I guess whatever makes him happy.
:confused3

I'm glad that he finally came around to the characters!
:cheer2: It was a success

Sounds like an amusing Jedi Training! Glad everyone had a good time. Reading this made me realize that whenever we next get to WDW, Izzy will be old enough to do that!
That's exciting. I bet she'll love it.

Looks like fun at Hollywood & Vine too. I think that is something we'll have to keep in mind for future trips too, as most of those characters would be a big hit with Izzy these days.
Definitely, she will love it, you on the other hand :rotfl:

Day 5: Part 3
There's That Big Tree Again

After a short rest we were ready to get to Animal Kingdom. I thought we might have to cut this park out this time, despite the length of trip, but I was able to squeeze in a few hours on this day. Before we left, I had this notification on my phone.

0f28bc0c-553d-4264-9072-b612c343f7c4_zpsjameqxtl.png

:cold:I was suddenly not so upset about the heat.

James doesn’t seem happy, maybe his nap wasn’t long enough:confused3.

IMG_6064%20300x400_zpsetmqekc2.jpg

We got to Animal Kingdom around 4:30 just as the park was starting to clear out. I think it was open until 6 on this day and I was surprised to find that we were not the only people entering. As we entered, we passed a family and the man said, “Look there’s that big tree again.” In a southern accent.

DSC_0510%20400x266_zpsqhqpibe5.jpg

Now I am sure he was being funny, I mean I hope he was, but Joe and I thought it was hilarious. Now when we see something that obvious, we will say there’s that big tree again in our bad southern accent.:laughing: I actually almost named our TR that but thought, I don’t walk, fit more. We got a photopass of that big tree and it was the CPs last week before the end of his program.

AK_BRDGTOP_7313144540%20267x400_zpsqblgr67m.jpg

AK_BRDGTOP_7313144200%20400x267_zpsodnrykqh.jpg

AK_BRDGTOP_7308147047%20400x267_zpsrkvvgcbe.jpg

We had FPs for the safari so we headed into Africa.

I wanted a picture of the boys on the bridge, but Connor was being uncooperative. What’s funny is he looks like his is scared of Everest more than hiding his face from a picture:rotfl2:.

DSC_0512%20400x266_zpsaiwccf4r.jpg

At this time of day the FP was unnecessary and we just went in the regular line.

DSC_0517%20400x266_zpsogv437lj.jpg

DSC_0518%20400x266_zpsdjx3l1xk.jpg

I didn’t take a ton of pictures on the safari, because honestly what am I going to do with 20 pictures of an elephant, but I will share the few I did take.

DSC_0521%20400x266_zpspvhubvrp.jpg

DSC_0522%20400x266_zpseisehcsg.jpg

DSC_0524%20400x266_zps7gfgt4ln.jpg

DSC_0530%20400x266_zpswmeclh7c.jpg

DSC_0557%20400x266_zpsabuikfjo.jpg

We had the privilege of being this CPs last safari of her CP and she got a huge round of applause at the end of our safari. Next, we headed toward Asia. We stop a danced a little in Harambe with the band that was playing and stopped to play the drums for a minute, neither of which I have pictures of:blush:. I do however, have pictures of us heading into Asia.

IMG_6066%20400x300_zpsrq6j233y.jpg

We stopped for another FP in front of Everest.

AK_EVRST3_7308231304%20267x400_zpswb9qylvn.jpg

The boys were really not feeling the PP today.

I rode first with Connor, again we had FP but the line wasn’t even open then. Connor and I have never been on this ride and I was excited to experience it. I loved all the detail in this queue and the great views on the ride, but I sadly left my cellphone with Joe and the boys. I really enjoyed this one especially going backward, but Connor did not. When we asked if he wanted to ride with Joe he said no.

AK_EXPEDITIONEVERESTRIDE_7308237988%20267x400_zpsjjyd91bs.jpg

Joe had his turn and I took some pictures while we waited.

AK_EXPEDITIONEVERESTRIDE_7313144991%20267x400_zpst8cp898o.jpg

It was cool because we actually saw him come down the hill, but I wasn’t quick enough with my camera.We went into the dump shop and bought some pretzels and drinks for the boys since they were hungry. Having done what we needed to, we started for the front of the park. We passed the Mickey and Minnie meet and figured we say hello:wave:. The line here was very weird. The CM counted us and a group of three women behind us a put us into the room before Mickey and Minnie. She proceeded to yell at everyone to move down and then basically locked us in. It was pretty rude but we figured we would be the last groups in to meet the mice.

IMG_6074%20400x300_zpslhxuvyqv.jpg

IMG_6075%20400x300_zpswnkwr1rn.jpg

A couple of minutes later she opens the door and yells again for us to move the only problem was that no one had left the room in that time and now she was shoving two more groups in. It was pretty unmagical. In the end though, I am so happy we did this. James was finally opening up to the characters and he was so happy to see Mickey and Minnie:worship:.

AK_ADVOUTPOSTA1CHARACTER_7308281393%20267x400_zpsg0np3hzs.jpg

AK_ADVOUTPOSTA1CHARACTER_7308280594%20267x400_zpsskjws8mb.jpg

AK_ADVOUTPOSTA1CHARACTER_7308280595%20400x267_zpsfns8m8nn.jpg

AK_ADVOUTPOSTA1CHARACTER_7313148981%20267x400_zps0uegcwxx.jpg

AK_ADVOUTPOSTA1CHARACTER_7313152325%20400x267_zpsnp500itq.jpg

AK_ADVOUTPOSTA1CHARACTER_7313153338%20400x267_zpswiwe6p43.jpg

After our meet and greet, we headed out of AK and on to our third and final park of the day.

Last edited:

Great update!

Great PP pictures all around. I love how James opened up to the characters!

I haven't done AK very often but eveytime I see a report like this with just a few hours for it I keep thinking this is he way to go! No crowds walk on ride etc. however I am guessing this may change as the night time shows return to AK!

:cold:I was suddenly not so upset about the heat.
Yeah... a frost advisory can really help put things into perspective! :rotfl2:

We had the privilege of being this CPs last safari of her CP and she got a huge round of applause at the end of our safari.
Oh cool! I'm sure that was a bittersweet safari for her.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

In the end though, I am so happy we did this. James was finally opening up to the characters and he was so happy to see Mickey and Minnie:worship:.
That's great. I'm glad he was finally starting to come around to them.

After our meet and greet, we headed out of AK and on to our third and final park of the day.
Third park? Busy day! :thumbsup2

I can't remember if I already commented on JTA but that sounds really fun! Nate backed out when we were in line to sign up so I'm really excited to do this in May!

You squeezed in so much into a few hours at AK! I totally agree about the safari pictures. I'm going to try to be more present next time. I literally have 15 shots of the same elephant taking a few steps!

Excited to read about park #3!

Now when we see something that obvious, we will say there’s that big tree again in our bad southern accent.:laughing:
I love having a random inside joke thing like that. And one that reminds you of Disney - even better! :thumbsup2

AK_EVRST3_7308231304%20267x400_zpswb9qylvn.jpg

:rotfl2: Your Photopass pics are cracking me up! The boys are hilarious! :lmao:

It was cool because we actually saw him come down the hill, but I wasn’t quick enough with my camera.
Ha, I had the opposite happen. Randomly took photos, didn't see Dug, then looked at photos and I had a decent one of him. :rotfl:

In the end though, I am so happy we did this. James was finally opening up to the characters and he was so happy to see Mickey and Minnie:worship:.
So glad the meet went well, despite the awkward line management. We've consistently had great meets with Mickey and Minnie here. So happy that James warmed up to them! :goodvibes

WOnderful update as always!
:-) Thanks

Great update!

Great PP pictures all around. I love how James opened up to the characters!
Thanks, I am so grateful that he finally opened up, because I know how deep down he really wanted to go to them but he was just too scared.

I haven't done AK very often but eveytime I see a report like this with just a few hours for it I keep thinking this is he way to go! No crowds walk on ride etc. however I am guessing this may change as the night time shows return to AK!
I was so nice, but I do expect that will change with the new updates.

Yeah... a frost advisory can really help put things into perspective! :rotfl2:
:cold: For sure, I will gladly take the heat over the cold.

Oh cool! I'm sure that was a bittersweet safari for her.
Yeah, it was cool to be a part of though.

That's great. I'm glad he was finally starting to come around to them.
Me too :thumbsup2

Third park? Busy day! :thumbsup2
It was probably too much as you will come to see :sad2:

I can't remember if I already commented on JTA but that sounds really fun! Nate backed out when we were in line to sign up so I'm really excited to do this in May!
Oh it was so fun, hopefully he will like it too. I can't wait for Connor to do the new one.

You squeezed in so much into a few hours at AK! I totally agree about the safari pictures. I'm going to try to be more present next time. I literally have 15 shots of the same elephant taking a few steps!
Lol, that is what I did last time and I literally used 10 of the 100 I took in my album.

Excited to read about park #3!
It was quite an experience to say the least.

I love having a random inside joke thing like that. And one that reminds you of Disney - even better! :thumbsup2
Yeah, inside jokes don't always tarslate well to others, but it was something we still refer to so I had to include it, glad you liked it.

Your Photopass pics are cracking me up! The boys are hilarious! :lmao:
They are too funny especially since they are typically VERY photogenic.

Ha, I had the opposite happen. Randomly took photos, didn't see Dug, then looked at photos and I had a decent one of him. :rotfl:
:thumbsup2 That's awesome

So glad the meet went well, despite the awkward line management. We've consistently had great meets with Mickey and Minnie here. So happy that James warmed up to them! :goodvibes
Me too, I was so glad we stopped to do it.

I want to apologize for the long gap between my posts:blush:. Between my computer breaking :badpc:and losing all the typed up rough drafts and pictures, the flu hitting every member of my family:sick:, and the holidays , it has been hard to get on the DIS. I also think that the next 24 hours I will recount were the low point for our trip and it makes me less inclined to want to relive it. I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays :santa: and time spent with their family. Enjoy the next installment to my trip report.

Day 5-Part 4
CM saves the night or at least tries

Our third park for the day was Epcot. Once again, I needed a photopass, and you know what?

They all were good for it!!I mean looks a little goofy, but at least they weren't pouting and they got our of the stroller.

A good meet and greet and now a good photopass:thumbsup2, I was happy and expecting a good night for us, but oh how wrong that would be.

We saw no wait for Spaceship Earth and I thought it would be a good idea to try and nurse Nicholas and get him to take another nap. Unfortunately, we did not make it far into the ride before I realized he was not going to do either thing. I think he was overstimulated at this point and it was hard for him to settle down to eat. James and I did get some good picture of our future though.

Joe made a crazy face.

Up next, I wanted to use the riderswap to take a turn on Test Track. I hadn’t been on this since the refurb so it was all new to me. Connor had fun building his car.

We sat next to this really funny kid. He was maybe 14 and was telling me all about the ride.

I tried to film the ride with our GoPro but I don’t have a video and our picture is ruined, so that was a fail.

When we exited the ride and walked outside I could hear Nicholas screaming. He was very upset, but at this point there was not much I could do until we got to the baby center, and on top of that, the other two were starting to get hungry. I gave him some snacks to calm down and my phone to watch some Mickey and we were on our way. I spotted the Cars topiary and we stopped to take a picture.

We didn’t stay to play because we needed to find the baby center. I have never even been to this part of the park and I had no idea where I was going. Nicholas started getting upset on the way over and I was getting panicked not finding the center. Once, it was located I ran inside to make a bottle. Unfortunately, the water from the water cooler was scalding and I could not give him the bottle the right away, but he wanted it right away:sad2:. We had 20 minutes of sheer torture trying to keep him from completely losing it and by the time the bottle was cool enough he was too upset to even drink it:sad:. I think both Joe and I were ready to give up at this point. By some miracle, we did get him calm enough to take the bottle.

Once one crisis was out of the way, it was time to tackle the next one, the boys hunger. It was pretty late for their dinner and we knew we would be unable to tour the countries because it would take too long to get to get to where they wanted to eat, which was The Outpost. While we did not have time to explore each country on the way, we did have just enough time to grab a few of the offerings at the outdoor kitchens. Our first stop was the Jardin de Fiesta booth for a Taco el Pastor, a corn tortilla filled with achiote marinated pork, garnished with grilled diced pineapple, onions, cilantro, and Salsa Verde. This was a pretty standard taco.

Our next quick stop was at Lotus House in China for Kung Pao Chicken Bun and Beijing style candied strawberries.

These were so yummy

This was surprisingly bland

Once at The Outpost, Joe took Connor and James to find a table and I took Nicholas to get food with me. I am not sure why I thought this would be a good idea since I had to carry all the food and push a stroller, but I think I was trying to avoid having him scream if I tried to leave him. Well, it did not matter because he screamed anyway, the entire time in line and despite it being one group in front of me it was taking forever. I noticed a female CM leave the stand and I assumed she was going on break, which I thought was weird because they were getting quite backed up. Well this CM, Nicole, came up to me and handed me a frozen yogurt. She said she thought I could give to Nicholas to help calm him down while we waited. I thought this was so sweet and thoughtful. It is always hard to be stuck in a situation where you have an upset child and nowhere to go, so the fact that this girl saw my desperation and did what she could to help made me really happy. So enough, I got Connor and James their hot dog and chips and headed to our table. Joe and the boys were having fun while I was getting the food.

The boys enjoyed their hot dogs while I fed Nicholas some on the frozen yogurt. Joe went off in search of our next treat from Florida Fresh.

I thought this was so good and refreshing and the balsamic was a perfect complement to the sweet watermelon. Joe thought it was weird:rotfl2:.

After dinner, we made our way further around the world showcase in search of more topiaries, food, and a place to watch Illuminations.

We had one last food booth we wanted to try and that was Primavera Kitchen in Italy. Joe got in line while I grabbed a high top table nearby. I was admiring Spaceship Earth all lit up when the boys started fighting.

Now, Connor and James fight all the time, this is nothing new and normally I would not let it bother me so much, but it did this night. I think my nerves were shot after two tantrums with Nicholas and this was just the straw that broke the camel’s back. I did not even get a picture of the food we got nor do I remember what it was, but when Joe got back I suggested leaving. I was very disappointed to once again have to miss the night spectacular, but I thought it would be in everyone’s best interest if we just left. I think we all needed an early night and a chance to decompress. I thought this would refresh everyone for our Magic Kingdom day too. So regretfully, we made our way out of the park. On the way out, I did want to stop at Mouse Gears because Nicholas did not have ears yet and I wanted some for our family picture tomorrow. Joe and the boys stayed outside and watched the fountain show. When I got out of Mouse Gear Nicholas was getting upset again and Joe rushed ahead with him and I lost him. Since Joe was nowhere to be seen, I let the boys play on the illuminated tiles.

We also passed right by guest relations and I wanted to get some recognition to the CM Nicole at the Outpost for going above and beyond. Finally, we made our way out of the park and to the van. I was in the mood for some ice cream so I stopped by Old Port Royale and grabbed a soft serve for me and Mickey Premium bars for the boys:mickeybar, their very first ones.

I think Nicholas had passed out by now which was a relief. When we got back to the room Joe ate my cupcake from the day before.

I thought it was really good but too rich for me so I just took a bite. After all our treats were consumed we hit the hay. I think this was a good day, but the issues at Epcot kind of taint my memories of this day. I was disappointed with everything from that night, but I hopeful that tomorrow would be a better day.

Last edited:
You poor thing! :hug:

It so hard traveling with kids and never knowing what to fully expect! I think overall the day was good but I know exactly what you mean nothing seemed to go your way and it just stresses you out!

I hope the rest of the trip is amazing I'm looking forward to reading it!

Hope you're having wonderful holidays with your friends and family!

Sorry things have been rough lately. Hope everyone is on the mend and you have happy holidays!

Ugh, sorry your night at Epcot was so difficult. I don't know how you manage with three kids, as sometimes just 1 is enough to get me feeling like that. Very nice of that CM to bring out the frozen yogurt, though. And I'm glad you at least got to try some of the foods you wanted and got some nice pictures.

Oh we're in the same place as you minus the computer issues.

I'm sorry it was a rough night in Epcot. Life with 3 kids is just crazy most of the time but when they are hungry and tired it just escalates! I'm glad you finally got Nicholas somewhat calmed down after the bottle. But I know it reaches that point where nothing but sleep will really make them happy.

I'm sorry you had to leave early! But it sounds like everyone was much happier back at the resort...and ice cream doesn't hurt!!

I want to apologize for the long gap between my posts:blush:. Between my computer breaking :badpc:and losing all the typed up rough drafts and pictures, the flu hitting every member of my family:sick:, and the holidays , it has been hard to get on the DIS.
Sorry, and I totally understand.

They all were good for it!!I mean looks a little goofy, but at least they weren't pouting and they got our of the stroller.
Hey, goofy pictures are good pictures. At least everyone is happy!

Up next, I wanted to use the riderswap to take a turn on Test Track. I hadn’t been on this since the refurb so it was all new to me. Connor had fun building his car.
I'm glad you had a chance to ride it. I'm not crazy about all the changes but I really like the Design Studio.

I tried to film the ride with our GoPro but I don’t have a video and our picture is ruined, so that was a fail.
That stinks. Oh well, you got to watch him ride anyway.

We didn’t stay to play because we needed to find the baby center. I have never even been to this part of the park and I had no idea where I was going. Nicholas started getting upset on the way over and I was getting panicked not finding the center. Once, it was located I ran inside to make a bottle. Unfortunately, the water from the water cooler was scalding and I could not give him the bottle the right away, but he wanted it right away:sad2:. We had 20 minutes of sheer torture trying to keep him from completely losing it and by the time the bottle was cool enough he was too upset to even drink it:sad:. I think both Joe and I were ready to give up at this point. By some miracle, we did get him calm enough to take the bottle.
Oh no... brutal.

Well this CM, Nicole, came up to me and handed me a frozen yogurt. She said she thought I could give to Nicholas to help calm him down while we waited. I thought this was so sweet and thoughtful. It is always hard to be stuck in a situation where you have an upset child and nowhere to go, so the fact that this girl saw my desperation and did what she could to help made me really happy.
That was awesome of her to try to help make things easier for you. I know you probably felt horrible right then, but there is really something to be said for service that is this good!

Now, Connor and James fight all the time, this is nothing new and normally I would not let it bother me so much, but it did this night. I think my nerves were shot after two tantrums with Nicholas and this was just the straw that broke the camel’s back. I did not even get a picture of the food we got nor do I remember what it was, but when Joe got back I suggested leaving. I was very disappointed to once again have to miss the night spectacular, but I thought it would be in everyone’s best interest if we just left. I think we all needed an early night and a chance to decompress. I thought this would refresh everyone for our Magic Kingdom day too.
I understand. And that really stinks. I'm sorry the day ended like this for you. But on the bright side... it really could have been worse. It looks like everyone calmed down by the time you made it back to the room so hopefully everyone will get a good night sleep and be ready to go the next day.

Hugs! We have 3 kids around the ages of your kiddos, and reading your TR has reminded me that I need to lower my expectations for our upcoming trip, but also savor all the memories! I hope your MK day was much better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter