I Don't Know, I Don't Speak Wind!!

Yeah, every so many years, we will have a decent snowfall here in Middle Tennessee, and it is a huge big deal. I remember a time when we were stationed at Robins AFB in GA, and there was a record snowfall there - about a foot and a half! :cold: Any of you GA people remember (or have heard stories of) that?

:

I was a junior in at Tift College, that year. I remember watching the cars on I-75, they were at a died stop. Our dorm took in several families with babies because they closed I-75 and the families had no where to go until they opened the roads again.

The funny thing is I went to class that morning because I had a professor that you dare not miss class. In the middle of class the president of the college came in to say they had closed the college and we did not move until Dr. B gave us permission to go. We were the only ones in the building.

The day before it was 70 and my roommate and I were sunbaiting to get ready for Spring Break. It was just from about Griffin south. My parents in Atlanta did not get a single inch.

Yeah, every so many years, we will have a decent snowfall here in Middle Tennessee, and it is a huge big deal. I remember a time when we were stationed at Robins AFB in GA, and there was a record snowfall there - about a foot and a half! :cold: Any of you GA people remember (or have heard stories of) that? Like you, I am fine with it, as long as I don't have to be out driving, but I normally don't have to worry about that. Any amount of snow and ice usually closes schools here.

I remember the blizzard of 93. I worked at Six Flags that year and when I went to work the next weekend, we sold lots of and lots of shirts that said, "I survived the Blizzard of 93!" haha

Oh, your departure photos are so sad. I can just feel the emotion in them. :( Trips just fly by, they really do. I am so happy that you got some really amazing alone time with your big girl. And how fun to be able to have more quality time with your two big girls in December! :goodvibes

And yesterday it almost reached 50 degrees so we've already had some good melting. Luckily the next few days will get up into the 40s because some of these snow banks are dangerous. It's hard to pull out onto a road when you can't see if there is another car coming!

I HATE that! There are banks like that all over here. I live in the greater Boston area and didn't even drive to work today (my boyfriend took me because the parking lot at the school I work at was still a mess), but I was getting soooo nervous because there were so many spots you could not see anyone! We also had a good amount of melting...it's crazy seeing my aunt's pictures of our house and neighborhood and seeing it now. You can tell we got a storm, but you can't tell it was as bad as it was.

I think everyone will agree that you will love MNSSHP, Food & Wine Festival, and Disney World in general in October.

I am so very excited! I just really need Disney to release the MNSSHP dates so I can coordinate with Katie. I'm hoping it works out that I can go over a weekend so I only have to take a couple vacation or personal days. So, I'm pretty sure it'll be at least May before I have any solid dates, but it's nice to have something to look forward to planning!

You guys should plan a meet up there sometime. Katie Schafer is up that way, too. You guys could have a great meet!

Katie and I did Kansas City for a weekend, maybe we should do a Mall of America trip :scratchin We both purchased a salon groupon last week for our next Des Moines trip but we may have to look at out-of-state again this summer!!

kschafer said:
Katie and I did Kansas City for a weekend, maybe we should do a Mall of America trip :scratchin We both purchased a salon groupon last week for our next Des Moines trip but we may have to look at out-of-state again this summer!!

Sounds good, I'm in!!

I'll do a MOA meet anytime! It's only 20 minutes from here!

Kelli (lovemy3babes) is in MN too - she better come!

Let's try to do it in summer - less travel issues from weather! ;)

Your goodbye felt as if it was me leaving. I wanted to cry seeing the Unmagical Express. I love that Sea World store...so many fun things.

Thanks for sharing and I can't wait for the October trip report.

It was awesome to see the snow pictures! I'd like to have that for about two days, so the kids could have tons of fun! Then, I would want it to melt off the roads before I started feeling too cooped up. ;)

Replies will have to come tonight. I am supposed to have an observation sometime this week, and since it hasn't come yet, I am down to two days for it to happen. I wish he would have done it Monday, so it would not be hanging over my head. Also, this is our day for my second-grade team to provide lunch for the faculty, so I was in the kitchen most of last night and this morning. And, it is Valentine's Party Day, so the kids will be like this as they come in. :jumping1: No quick DIS time at school today.

Jill said she has definitely started on the new report, but with work and after-school activities, she has just not gotten around to wrapping it up. I think by the time she nurses Sophie one last time in the evening, she deserves to just crash and be done with her day, too. ::yes:: They are coming up here Saturday, so if she doesn't get to it before, she will have plenty of help here to free her up to do so.

Meanwhile, we can enjoy snow pictures, celebrate each others' kids and accomplishments, and live through FB pictures of those who are in Disney World now (Katie) or who have just gotten back (Meghan, Kim, Cathy). Have a Thrilling Thursday, all!

And, this can serve as a pre-trip, as we don't do pre-trip reports. If anyone was wondering where I might be FIVE weeks from today - as I am sure you all had this on your mind first thing this morning, right? :upsidedow - well....I can answer that for you. I will be getting ready to spend my day at Animal Kingdom! :woohoo: Can't wait to ride that rickety old jeep to the Serengeti Plains of Africa and walk the Maharajah Trails in search of a wild tiger! :tigger: No, not that tiger. I will probably find a few napping ones, but maybe I will get lucky and one will be up and walking around. Anyway, five weeks from today is going to be a good day! :cheer2: I am really starting to 'feel it' now. :yay:

Yay for 5 weeks!!!!:cool1::yay::yay::yay::banana::banana:
I only have 7 months ha ha. But I did update my ticker yesterday!!:goodvibes

Ah Animal Kingdom:cloud9: LOVE it!!

Sounds like Jill is just non stop. I cannot imagine having her schedule & doing a report as well. I only had soccer games to go to (some in NC) & I still was a bad disser but I have been trying to keep up with my TR now. No more excuses for me.

You were mentioned in my update last night. Remember me texting you about pizza in WS??

Good luck with your observation. I am sure you will do fine!!:thumbsup2

Morning from Florida!

We had a nice day yesterday; got to Orlando about 11:30 & had lunch at Saratoga after checking in. We headed to Magic Kingdom, did some shopping & dodged some raindrops! :) We had a nice gal give us her fast passes for Dumbo so that was sweet, rode the train, Small World, and saw Mickeys Philharmagic, and capped off the night with a dinner at The Plaza. Today it's Epcot, with lunch in Mexico. It's supposed to rain on & off today but tomorrow & Saturday will be sunny & clear.

Have a great day, everyone!

One of the first things I plan to do on our March arrival day is check out the new bakery in France. I also want to eat at some new counter service places in Epcot.
I didn't realize they had a new bakery in France. :confused3 The old one was just fine with me....... :lovestruc

Definitely make yourself at home and feel free to chat on the new report.
Thanks! Hopefully there will be a easier link to find it than what Rosie seems to be famous for!!! :rotfl:

Whenever people are nervous about meeting DISers in person, as we were way back in the beginning, too, we tell them we have met nothing but the nicest people.
Good to know! Maybe some day I will get to meet some of the really nice people on here! :goodvibes

I didn't realize they had a new bakery in France. :confused3 The old one was just fine with me....... :lovestruc

Yup They used the area by the movie for a bigger bakery. I believe the old bakery will be ice cream?

Thanks! Hopefully there will be a easier link to find it than what Rosie seems to be famous for!!! :rotfl:

Yes again, the breadcrumbs ( and link) will make it easy for you to find. no scavenger hunt here.:lmao:

Good to know! Maybe some day I will get to meet some of the really nice people on here! :goodvibes

There have been several close friendships formed in DIStown. :goodvibes

If anyone was wondering where I might be FIVE weeks from today - as I am sure you all had this on your mind first thing this morning, right? - well....I can answer that for you. I will be getting ready to spend my day at Animal Kingdom!

That's a happy thought for the day!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Wow at all the snow! I remember the blizzard of '93 also. It was great! I am so happy you are at 5 weeks! I am getting excited too. I have minor surgery next week and after zi am over that, I will really be counting down.

Jill's schedule is insane!!!!!

I do remember that kind of schedule when I realized I spend 3 hours after work in the car driving and picking kids up from various activities and was up before dawn and home well after dark during the summertime.

I hope Jill can catch her breath this weekend and well since I am still playing catch up, perpetually it seems, whenever she gets to it is fine for me.

We all take our turns at the insane schedules as we raise kids, and she is in the midst of hers.

Yes, I recall... I was ALMOST there! That was the day the girls & I decided to conquer all four parks!

I love being a part of DIS town!

As far as the snow... Thanks for checking in on me on facebook! We ended up with about 2 feet of snow. Luckily we didn't have any power problems.

Sledding didn't work out very well... the snow was too light & fluffy. The boys pretty much sunk down into it. They tried to get a path started but it was still very cold out so it didn't last long!

And yesterday it almost reached 50 degrees so we've already had some good melting. Luckily the next few days will get up into the 40s because some of these snow banks are dangerous. It's hard to pull out onto a road when you can't see if there is another car coming!

***************************************************************************************************************
Enough of the snow... Memom & Jill - I've really enjoyed this report & can't wait for the next one!!

I always think of the safety of being out in any snow and ice. I am glad you are all well and that the boys had fun. Thanks for sharing the pictures to really give us a sense of what you guys had.

I was a junior in at Tift College, that year. I remember watching the cars on I-75, they were at a died stop. Our dorm took in several families with babies because they closed I-75 and the families had no where to go until they opened the roads again.

The funny thing is I went to class that morning because I had a professor that you dare not miss class. In the middle of class the president of the college came in to say they had closed the college and we did not move until Dr. B gave us permission to go. We were the only ones in the building.

The day before it was 70 and my roommate and I were sunbaiting to get ready for Spring Break. It was just from about Griffin south. My parents in Atlanta did not get a single inch.

I remember that we had friends from St. Pete visiting at the time, and we went out and took pictures in the snow. We lived in on-base housing. I'd love to go see that old house again. I hope that professor gave you guys extra credit for showing up! :laughing:

I remember the blizzard of 93. I worked at Six Flags that year and when I went to work the next weekend, we sold lots of and lots of shirts that said, "I survived the Blizzard of 93!" haha

73 and 93, so 2013 is time for another big one, isn't it???

Oh, your departure photos are so sad. I can just feel the emotion in them. Trips just fly by, they really do. I am so happy that you got some really amazing alone time with your big girl. And how fun to be able to have more quality time with your two big girls in December!

I did love that time with Brooklynn, and spoiling two of them for a day or two before the 'rents show up and squash it will be fun in December. ;)

I will say, it made it easier to leave knowing we were going back to the excitement of Brooklynn's big safari birthday bash and Sophie's soon to be arrival. :lovestruc

I HATE that! There are banks like that all over here. I live in the greater Boston area and didn't even drive to work today (my boyfriend took me because the parking lot at the school I work at was still a mess), but I was getting soooo nervous because there were so many spots you could not see anyone! We also had a good amount of melting...it's crazy seeing my aunt's pictures of our house and neighborhood and seeing it now. You can tell we got a storm, but you can't tell it was as bad as it was.

I am so very excited! I just really need Disney to release the MNSSHP dates so I can coordinate with Katie. I'm hoping it works out that I can go over a weekend so I only have to take a couple vacation or personal days. So, I'm pretty sure it'll be at least May before I have any solid dates, but it's nice to have something to look forward to planning!

Yes, it will make your whole year more exciting knowing you have an October trip to look forward to!

I am glad you missed the worst of the storm. ::yes::

Katie and I did Kansas City for a weekend, maybe we should do a Mall of America trip. We both purchased a salon groupon last week for our next Des Moines trip but we may have to look at out-of-state again this summer!!

Sounds good, I'm in!!

I'll do a MOA meet anytime! It's only 20 minutes from here!

Kelli (lovemy3babes) is in MN too - she better come!

Let's try to do it in summer - less travel issues from weather!

That's exciting for you guys! One day, I will make it to Mall of America. ::yes::

Your goodbye felt as if it was me leaving. I wanted to cry seeing the Unmagical Express. I love that Sea World store...so many fun things.

Thanks for sharing and I can't wait for the October trip report.

There were fun things in the Sea World shop. I actually thought about it today, as my Reading groups was reading about sea animals. I wish I had gotten some of the plastic animals to have as we were discussing them.

Yay for 5 weeks!!!!
I only have 7 months ha ha. But I did update my ticker yesterday!!

Ah Animal Kingdom LOVE it!!

Sounds like Jill is just non stop. I cannot imagine having her schedule & doing a report as well. I only had soccer games to go to (some in NC) & I still was a bad disser but I have been trying to keep up with my TR now. No more excuses for me.

You were mentioned in my update last night. Remember me texting you about pizza in WS??

Good luck with your observation. I am sure you will do fine!!

You know how it was when your kids were little. You were here, there, and everywhere, I'm sure!

We ended up cancelling our Via Napoli last summer, but we still want to go. Maybe next summer, as in 2014!

No observation today. He is bad about forgetting things, so I hope he comes tomorrow so I can have it finished!

Morning from Florida!

We had a nice day yesterday; got to Orlando about 11:30 & had lunch at Saratoga after checking in. We headed to Magic Kingdom, did some shopping & dodged some raindrops! We had a nice gal give us her fast passes for Dumbo so that was sweet, rode the train, Small World, and saw Mickeys Philharmagic, and capped off the night with a dinner at The Plaza. Today it's Epcot, with lunch in Mexico. It's supposed to rain on & off today but tomorrow & Saturday will be sunny & clear.

Have a great day, everyone!

Good evening from Tennessee, where I am presently wrapped up in a blamket. Hope the rain moves on out. Thanks for keeping us updated. Your Valentine's Day picture was fun to see. :)

I didn't realize they had a new bakery in France. The old one was just fine with me.......
Thanks! Hopefully there will be a easier link to find it than what Rosie seems to be famous for!!!

Good to know! Maybe some day I will get to meet some of the really nice people on here!

Sine we'll be right at the back gate, checking out the new bakery is one of the first orders of business for me. I don't know that I will make a purchase, but pictures of new Disney things is happiness to me.

Yup They used the area by the movie for a bigger bakery. I believe the old bakery will be ice cream?

Yes again, the breadcrumbs ( and link) will make it easy for you to find. no scavenger hunt here.

There have been several close friendships formed in DIStown. :goodvibes

We agree with the friendship statement! Seeing DIS friends is now a great part of our trips!

That's a happy thought for the day!!!

Yes, it surely is! :cool1: Tomorrow morning, I can be excited about it being FIVE weeks from a Magic Kingdom day! :goodvibes

Wow at all the snow! I remember the blizzard of '93 also. It was great! I am so happy you are at 5 weeks! I am getting excited too. I have minor surgery next week and after zi am over that, I will really be counting down.

When a trip gets to the six week point, for me anyway, it really gets real.

I will be checking on you next week. :thumbsup2

Yay for five weeks! I'm hoping to be back in about eight months...it's sooooo depressing how far away it is, and to think that there is nothing set in stone yet, but I am pretty optimistic it will happen!

Good luck with the observation!

MeMom, All I can say is WOW!! I started reading your TR last weekend when it was snowing here in RI (we got 2 feet) and I JUST finished. Your pictures are wonderful,your granddaughters are beautiful and I LOVE how you weave everyday real life (real time) into your TR. I am HOOKED and will now go back and read your older reports and look for Jill's start to your October trip. My DH and I were in WDW at the end of October for a week. We did MNSSHP and F&W festival. So I will be loving that TR!! And my DD leaves Monday for a quick 4 night get away to OKW (we are DVC owners) she has a February school break and could really use some rest and sunshine!! She is near the end of getting her Masters in teaching. So she is doing her student teaching during the week and working nights and weekends as a bartender to make $$. :) She will not be going into the parks but I am sure she will find plenty to keep her busy. :dance3: For 5 weeks till your next visit!! :dance3: Joan

Good luck on your observation. Sounds like it must be a drop in. Those are just so stressful!!!
This was conference week, today was my long day with 20 conferences. We are off tomorrow and Monday. I had a moment of insanity and was checking flights out of here for the morning and back on Monday but there were no places to stay in any of the DVC resorts, well for points anyway. So I quickly put that thought out of my mind.
Have fun with your girls on Saturday!

73 and 93, so 2013 is time for another big one, isn't it???

It sure is time!!! I am so ready for some snow. We are going to Gatlinburg this weekend for Hollie's winter break so maybe we will get some there! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter