I don't "get it" (CS)

twinklebug

Home is where the heart is.
Most questions here seem to pertain to TS and snacks (which I understand all TOO well now :surfweb: ), what about lil ole basic CS? I need a clear definition of what defines a CS in terms of what one can purchase (drink? sandwish/wrap? soup? snack?) :confused3

Thought I saw one someplace months back before I even considered this option. Is there a list or guide lines anywhere where I can see what comprises a Counter Service meal?

At a counter service restaurant you get any one menu item on the menu + desert + drink, no sides added on. This could be a combo (an entree that comes with a side) or it could be just the entree. If it isnt listed on the menu as a combo then you dont get any sides. No mix and match. youThen you get a desert and your drink. Since there are many many many different foods it is hard to say you get this and this and this. cut and pasted from alleasnet.com here is the menu from tusker house

1/2 Rotisserie Chicken served with garlic mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables $7.99
Grilled Salmon served with jollof rice and seasonal vegetables $7.99
Tusker House Chicken Salad tossed with balsamic vinaigrette dressing $6.99
Vegetable Sandwich $7.29
Fried Chicken Sandwich - served with steak fries $6.99
Turkey Wrap with corn chowder $7.29

Guests Ages 3-9
All meals served with a choice of beverage
(soda, milk or apple juice)
Chicken Drumstick and mashed potatoes with applesauce $3.99
Macaroni and Cheese - served with applesauce and Mickey cheddar crackers $3.99

Desserts
Cheesecake $2.99
Chocolate Cake $3.79
Carrot Cake $3.29

Beverages
Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Minute Maid Light Lemonade, Nestea $2.09 & $2.39
Animal Topper Sports Bottle $6.79; Refill $.93
Bottled Water 24 oz. $2.00; 12 oz. $1.25
Nescafe Coffee $1.89
Hot Tea $1.89
Nescafe Hot Cocoa $1.69
Minute Maid Orange Juice $2.39
Minute Maid Apple Juice $2.39
Bud Light $5.25
Safari Amber $5.75

Return to Menus

Notice most of the choices are listed with a side so you would get the whole thing listed that is 1 menu item. But if you were to get the Vegetable sandwhich no side is listed so you get just the sandwhich. + your choice of non alcaholic beverages and desert.

I dont know of anything that is restricted when doing DDP except sometimes deserts.

One note of interest is that some, not all will tell you when you bring just that sandwich to the register that you may have a side of fruit, chips etc. We had that happen at both Sunshine seasons with sandwiches and at the Mara when we chose the already prepared sandwiches from the cooler. I think this may be where the confusion sets in for some people and they think they didn't get what they were entitiled to. Some places give more than they have to while others stick strictly to the plan--Earl of Sandwich you would think would let you have any beverage and chips, but they do not only a fountain drink, sandwich, cookie, brownie or cupcake. We found the best thing to do was let the person taking our order know that we were onthe DDP and then order--if there was a discrepency they would point that out to us. We went with the understanding that we were able to get an entree or combo, drink and dessert.

Last year at Earl of Sandwich we were able to get a sandwich AND a side with a fountain drink and a dessert. Hmmmm....I remember ordering..I just took it for granted that we could have a side(got potato salad, I think) and we got it with no problem :confused3

I jsut got back and the line was longish and they had the manager going throughthe line explaining how the plan worked and telling us that no sides were allowed. When we reached the order area it was again reiterated that it was just sandwich, fountain drink and cookie, brownie or cupcake.

So for example Fried Chicken Sandwich - served with steak fries $6.99 so you would get the sandwich, fries, drink and desert because it says served with???? :confused3

patsal said:
I jsut got back and the line was longish and they had the manager going throughthe line explaining how the plan worked and telling us that no sides were allowed. When we reached the order area it was again reiterated that it was just sandwich, fountain drink and cookie, brownie or cupcake.

What CS was this at? Are you in WDW now? If so it's very nice of you to take time and update us on how the plan is working out for you. :wizard:

miss missy said:
So for example Fried Chicken Sandwich - served with steak fries $6.99 so you would get the sandwich, fries, drink and desert because it says served with???? :confused3

From what I read here the answer would be yes - sort of like ordering the Big kids combo meal from BK. And you get your apple pie as desert. Someone correct me if I'm wrong!!! :blush:

twinklebug said:
What CS was this at? Are you in WDW now? If so it's very nice of you to take time and update us on how the plan is working out for you. :wizard:

Just back on Monday, this was at Earl of Sandwich.

So for example Fried Chicken Sandwich - served with steak fries $6.99 so you would get the sandwich, fries, drink and desert because it says served with????
Yes, if it is a combo you will get the side. CS is for an entree OR combo meal, drink and dessert. Earl of Sandwich does not have combo meals, if you buy chips it is an extra not something that is like a "meal deal".

twinklebug said:
Most questions here seem to pertain to TS and snacks (which I understand all TOO well now :surfweb: ), what about lil ole basic CS? I need a clear definition of what defines a CS in terms of what one can purchase (drink? sandwish/wrap? soup? snack?) :confused3

Thought I saw one someplace months back before I even considered this option. Is there a list or guide lines anywhere where I can see what comprises a Counter Service meal?

OK, now you've peaked my interest. Where was the Turkey Wrap with the Corn Chowder -- I love both. Thanks!

I will leave my own CS experiences.
Pecos Bills-bacon cheeseburger, fries, pb brownie and drink
Pizza Planet-pizza, salad, drink and mickey rice crispie
CHH-Galley salad, pie, drink
WPE-bbq chicken quisidilla, drink, tiramasu

Turkey Wrap with corn Chowder is at Tusker house in Animal Kingdom Africa area I think. We liked it a lot (not this dish but the restaurant). it is inside and air conditioned. I was alone and had ordered two trays of food (3 meals drinks and deserts- more than enough for the 4 of us since only one desert was eaten and the other two carried along) thinking by the time I got through the line my hubbs would be there to help. Of course he wasnt and the person taking my order called someone to help me who suggested where I should sit since it was right by a door that led out to where the family was watching the dancers. I was able to get hubbs attention easily. I thought it was great friendly helpful service that I didnt find often at busy CS's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter