• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I conquered Tower of Terror...finally! LOL

Good for you!:thumbsup2
Never again for me, I rode it once and I guess I was the only one who did not scream, my DD asked why I was so quiet and I said because I WAS PRAYING! :worship:

This is exactly me the one and only time I went on it. Now I just go down the chicken elevator so that I can experience the pre-show and see how they did up the hotel. It really is so cool just to walk thru the "gardens" and into the hotel. Very neat but yeah, not doing it again ever. Hate hate HATE that falling feeling.

I'm a big wuss with a family of wusses and I finally did ToT last trip by myself.
I ended up gripping the hand of the unknown lady sitting next to me on the big drop and screaming like crazy. LOL.
But I loved it and would do it again.

I have rode the ToT twice and it doesn't bother me. The thing that gets me is being in the dark not knowing when you are going to fall. It seems like the first time I rode this years back you dropped three times but a month ago when we were there we dropped four times. I am not sure if they have changed things or not but we did get an extra drop.

yea....it just one of the things that you HAVETO DO every time you go..like it or not:goodvibes

I am a big chicken when it comes to thrill rides, roller coasters.. etc, and have never ridden any of them in my seven trips to Disney!! No space mountain, thunder mountain or anything like that.. I know I know these are some of the best rides Walt Disney World has but I'm just to :scared1:

So next year when we go back in 2010, I have promised myself I am going to do all three mountains at the Magic Kingdom... I'm not so sure about the Tower of Terror.. How bad is it??

I LOVE this ride :love:

Dh not so much... like the PP - he hates heights and dropping - but he felt bad that I have to ride it by myself (well except for all those strangers in the same elevator! :rotfl:) So once every 4 or 5 years he'll go on it with me, and be reminded why "NEVER again" :rotfl2:

for me - it reminds me of my Great Aunt, from Texas.... when we'd go visit, she'd take us on a sight see tour - and whenever there was one of those dippy hills - she'd speed up, and yell
"TICKLE TUMMY - did ya feel it?" :lovestruc

I love this ride!!:wizard:

I've loved TOT since I was a little kid and any kind of falling ride. My DGF, however, does not or any heights for that matter. She can't even look up at a tall building or a high ceiling without getting dizzy. But on our next trip I'm gonna try to get her to face her fears and ride TOT and Soarin and all the rides I get on. The only one I don't expect her to get on is Mission: Space because the motion sickness might be too much for her.

Good for you!:thumbsup2
Never again for me, I rode it once and I guess I was the only one who did not scream, my DD asked why I was so quiet and I said because I WAS PRAYING! :worship:

The one and only time I rode this ride I sat in the far back right corner. I held onto both hand grips the whole ride and during the drops I had my eyes closed. No peeps came out of me the whole time. My DH had ridden it before so towards the end he said I could open my eyes that it was over. So I released my grip, only a little bit, and opened my eyes. Only to find out he was wrong!!!

As soon as we were off the ride I hit him in the arm and told him I'd never get on it again!

I just did T of T for the first time this past trip. I loved it. I don't like falling that much, but I loved the whole story etc. I can't wait to ride it again on my next trip.

Congrats to all those that tried ToT out for the first time :)

Me and DF have yet to still go on ToT. We are defo doing it next year though.

I think its mostly the drop, never been one for vertical drop rides, give me loop the loops etc any day. But being Disney and an icon you have to try it at least once.

I did it. Would I do it again, possibly. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Here is the next part.. next time you ride it.. it will even be less of a problem, and you will like it more.. it tends to "grow" on you!!!

This is the one ride that my DH really wants to ride, but won't unless we all go with him. I rode a falling ride like it at our local Six Flags years ago. It only goes down once, no like ToT does. I had to go to the first aid station for several hours I was so sick. I may try it at an EMH night, so if I do get sick we can go back to the room early for the night. However, I think I'll have a harder time convincing my DS's to try it. I refuse to drag an 11 yr old (he has mild autism spectrum disorder) through a que crying b/c DH refuses to ride it by himself.

TOT is my family's absolute fave! :thumbsup2 I get nervous just walking into the place. I can't drop! :confused3 Loved RnR!! Just don't drop me. I've always been a huge Twilight Zone fan though so my family convinced me this year to walk through the que with them and take the chicken elevator down. I loved seeing inside and enjoyed all the themeing but was nervous the whole time that I wouldn't be able to get out without riding. :scared1: We told the CM as we entered that I'd be taking the chicken exit and then again when we got to the elevators. That's when I got to take the elevator that works down to the exit. Whew! :worship: The attendant at the exit really wanted me to ride and offered to get me right on the ride with no waiting. I said thanks but no thanks! :) I am really glad I got to experience the inside of the TOT this time though. So for all of you chickens out there...go on in just take the chicken exit! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter