• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I Can't Stop Changing My Dining Reservations!

scanne

<font color=blue>OK, I must have really small ears
I have probably made 50+ changes to our dining plans. It is getting out of hand and I need a support group. DH has threatened to lock me out of Disneyworld.com so that I cannot tweak our plans any more. :rolleyes1

I am going to try really hard NOT to make ANY more changes as our lineup now looks pretty good.

Day 1:
Lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern
Dinner at 'Ohana

Day 2:
Breakfast/lunch - quick service
Dinner at Boma

Day 3:
Lunch at Le Cellier
Dinner ??? (probably somwhere at Downtown Disney)

Day 4:
Lunch at 50's Prime Time Cafe
Dinner at Narcoosee's

Day 5:
Breakfast at Tusker House
Lunch at Yak n Yeti
Dinner at Tokyo Dining

Day 6:
Breakfast at Crystal Palace
Late lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table

Day 7:
Lunch at Hollywood Brown Derby
Dinner at Hoop Dee Doo (7:!5 show)

Day 8:
Lunch quick service in Epcot
Dinner at Tony's Town Square

Day 9: (we leave at 11:30am for the airport)
Breakfast at Kona Cafe

We are on the deluxe dining plan and breakfast most mornings will be a snack credit (bagel, muffin, yogurt, fruit). I think I have 2 meal credits unaccounted for which gives us some flexibility.

I originally had the California Grill booked and had placed an order for a custom cake, but I was having 2nd thoughts about it because my parents will be with us and I don't think Cali Grill will be much to their liking. They enjoyed Narcoosee's A LOT last summer (to the point where my dad still talks about his surf and turf meal), so I'm going to order a mini wedding cake (2 tier) and ask for it to be surrounded by tuxedo strawberries. This will be for my DH and our 10 year anniverary.

I think I'm done tweaking.

I hope I am......:upsidedow

You have some great choices...Step away from the computer! ;)
I have been doing the exact same thing if that makes you feel any better!

You have some great choices! I think it is time to step back and put a time limit on when you can go back and look again. I have to agree with myself not to touch ressies for at least two weeks and then if I still feel like a change needs to be made I can consider it. Otherwise I would be on there everyday just moving things around. Its Disney, your going to love it no matter what!:lovestruc

I hear ya. I have probably made 100 changes. Luckily the trip is in 22 days and a lot of places are unavailable at this point so changing is not an option for dinner. Now lunches could be tweaked but I'm doing my best to resist and haven't made a change in almost 2 weeks.

I can't believe how often mine have changed as well. That's part of the thrill--the planning :) I've hit a lull now that I found some balance. One TS everyday; even the day the kids get to pick the park we'll start w breakfast at Chef Mickey's.

But--that doesn't mean I"ll stop. Still trying to snag a Le Cellier.... Still waiting patiently for the pizzaria to open ressies at Epcot....

And I'm sooo jealous of the Deluxe plan! Ummmm....just thinking of all the apetizers. I just wish Disney would let you pick on the regular dining plan--do you want dessert or an appetizer?

I'd have to break meals up though by a big breakfast and a big dinner. The one day I had an ADR at 11:00 and 4:10 I thought was too close together so I nixed the 11:00 for a CS. But we're big on breakfast :love: Y'all might not be breakfast people.

I did the EXACT same thing. And then we ended up downgrading to QSDP and all my work went out the window! We are still paying for two TS out of pocket though.

aw,just go ahead and keep making changes

...all the obsessing over dining reservations keeps you from whining "are we there yet" :lmao:

Catne,

How right you are. In fact, I cannot believe how close my trip actually is!!!! It's crazy close!

I do the same thing too. We've got 2 weeks with the Deluxe DP, and I must have made about 100 changes since the 180 day window opened up. I just hope that I remember which ones we kept and which ones we cancelled when the time comes. We leave in 17 days.

I do the same thing too. We've got 2 weeks with the Deluxe DP, and I must have made about 100 changes since the 180 day window opened up. I just hope that I remember which ones we kept and which ones we cancelled when the time comes. We leave in 17 days.

If you logged in at Disneyworld.com, you can access all of your current reservations. It's awesome! I will do that right before we leave and print it out and take it with us. Plus I have stored all of my info in the iPhone, since I'll have that with me in the parks every day.

Hey, maybe we'll cross paths. We'll be at Disney in 25 days and Universal in 21. I can't wait!!! :banana:

Great choices and if we're starting a support group, I probably need to get in on that. I've already altered our March 2011 projected ADR's a good 25 times so far.

Just remember most of the fun at Disney doesn't revolve around dining plans. Too bad the dining program has ruined the ability to do walkups more frequently. We come to Disney so often that I make ressies and don't obsess. It is so much fun and freeing not to.

It's so nice to see others with the same obsession. We have a split stay so we have to use so many credits by the half way mark. I upgraded us to 2 weeks of DxDDP and put all of the reservations on an excel spreadsheet to track how many credits we are using each week. My DH thinks I'm nuts. I tried to tell him Disney is my Land Cruise. I want to play in the parks until lunch and do fine dinning every night. No dishes for me. :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter