"I almost peed my pants.. and fell out!" March 2015 TR

Day 8- Eating and Drinking Around the World!
Part Four

Soon we were in Japan! I had something I was planning on trying so I went right to the festival booth to get it. It was the Frushi!

It was sooooooo good! We both really enjoyed it! We sat in Japan and took in the sights while eating the Frushi.

When we were done, we went into the shop and watched some people picking pearls. Sken thought the whole thing was cool, so he bought me a pearl! While we were waiting for my turn to pick, he looked up online how to pick a good oyster, LOL! He told me to get a small one that was really ugly and looked like it had been there a while. I did , and still got a white 7mm pearl but I loved it! I had done this one my previous two trips in March so I had three pearls with me and I wanted to have something made.

I picked out a set and took out all three pearls. The CM got a kick out of it because I had one that was 3/10/12, another was 3/11/13 and now 3/26/15. I picked the two that looked good together and left it to be made. We were coming back to Japan for dinner so I left it and we kept on moving.

We headed over to the American pavilion next. While heading there we saw the performers and it was En Vogue! "Neva gonna get it, neva gonna get it.... " HAHA:rotfl:

I found a restroom and Sken went to the food cart. I think he got a Pulled Pig Slider with Cole Slaw and we got the Floridian Hefeweizen to drink. We looked around and just enjoyed taking everything in!

I got a drink that was a slush and I think the name was The American Dream. It was a red, white and blue layered slush. We couldn't take drinks into the American Experience so we decided to try it later. We continued to Italy and found a place to sit and relax while waiting until our ADR.

It was getting close to ADR time, so we headed back to Japan for our dinner at..Teppen Edo! Before we got there, we picked up my jewelry. This dinner was amazing!!! We were sat with another couple, and a family of 4, mother, father, and two daughters! We had a great time with them and we really got along with the couple. They were DVC so they told us all about that. Our Chef was named Naoki and he was HILARIOUS!!! He called himself a "redneck " from Pensacola, Japan. Turns out he was born in Japan and moved to FL when he was young and grew up there. He was awesome!!

Dinner was fun and I would love to go back there! After dinner Illuminations was about to start but we weren't really feeling it. We also wanted to get out before the crowds as we got stuck in them the night before. So we headed out and back to POR. When we got there we were greeted with some fun creatures!

We were exhausted and the next day would be our last. We still had so much that we wanted to squeeze in!! I took the picture of our steps and we were off to bed.

What a great Epcot/MK day!! That must have been stressful trying to get to your BOG lunch with all those delays...good thing they let you in after all!! They can't expect you to allow more than an hour to get anywhere...if it takes longer than that it should be Disney's problem..not yours...anyway..it all worked out. I loved that turkey sandwich too...I got the kids' one when I was there though...not sure if it's any different (other than in size) from the adult version...but it was good too! Your slush looked so refreshing...so did the fountain when you had your picture in front of it...looks like it would have been tempting to just jump in lol

Looks like a fun day! Epcot MK and more Epcot. I have done BOG for both lunch and dinner and have loved them both but liked dinner better because you get to meet the beast. I had the turkey sandwich when we went and really liked it as well. It also looks like you guys had a great time in world showcase.

When you update, you really update!

I love your fun pictures on Spaceship Earth.

That wasn't very nice of the CM at BOG. I had to cancel a reservation the day of because my friend who was joining me last Wednesday had flight issues and didn't get in on time. They told me I would not be charged...that they understood. Your CM should have been the same way. I'm going to guess you didn't get charged.

Your sandwiches look wonderful...have no idea what I will have there when we go in July.

Beautiful pictures in Canada of the pavilion. I saw those lumberjacks and just kept on walking. I wasn't an Off Kilter fan, but Disney is just making too many changes too fast.

All of your photopass pictures are wonderful.

Yay for another pearl in Japan.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your dinner at Teppan Edo (spoiler alert: we did too last week!).

Oh boy, that is definitely one major downside of WDW... transportation. Especially when it involves Magic Kingdom.
Glad everything worked out in the end.

This is just awesome. Epcot for a bit... pop over to MK for lunch... back to Epcot. :cloud9:

PhotoPass_Visiting_Epcot_7230404387.jpg

Lovely photo with Sven and Sken!!

We decided to start this trek at Canadia! (Rob :thumbsup2)

:love:

I must say, Canadia sure is pretty. But UGH that lumberjack show. I kinda hate that people seem to like it, lol.

I knew that I wanted it, but we have a "rule" that we don't buy souvenirs on the first day in case you change your mind and don't want it.

I have the EXACT same rule. Of course since it's my rule I'm allowed to break it.

We headed over to the American pavilion next. While heading there we saw the performers and it was En Vogue!

That's actually pretty cool. But it does make me giggle that in your photos the audience appears to 60+. :laughing:

I sympathize with Sken. It's hard to get pics of those monkeys!

I can't make out the baby gorilla in your photos, it must be so small. Aww. :goodvibes

Until now I was never interested in Ohana for dinner but it's one of my must dos for next trip. The meal looks great and so does the Poly.

At one point I noticed BF staring at me and I could have sworn he took a picture.. but when I asked him what he was looking at he replied "I don't think I've ever seen you so happy!" It was just such a great moment, and one of my favorites of the whole trip!

Aww! :love:

I'm sorry you had to wait so long for a bus but it sounds like you had a lovely evening.

You had me really nervous when you were trying to make your BOG lunch! Glad you were still able to eat there even though you were late. I love that Turkey sandwich!

Sounds like a fun afternoon eating and drinking around WS, I enjoyed all of the photos. So did you ever find Chip? I'm guessing that since you had photos of him you eventually did.

Woowza! this is a huge update!!! there is so much to comment on.. But alas i didn't take notes...
I loved ALL your pictures! especially the photobomb with Sven!!! How funny!!! all the topiaries are so pretty!!!
ah I am trying so hard to get into Teppan Edo now..
I wanna see what you did with the pearls too!
Oh BOG.. is there anything better!?!?

I don't know how I missed these last updates. Your Epcot day does sound a lot like ours!

I missed those Butterfly topiaries. Dang it! I was trying to get pictures of all of them. :laughing:

That stinks about the transportation to MK but I'm glad you were able to get right in. You didn't end up being charged, did you?

I love your PP pictures especially the one with Sven!

So did you find the mug?

What a great Epcot/MK day!! That must have been stressful trying to get to your BOG lunch with all those delays...good thing they let you in after all!! They can't expect you to allow more than an hour to get anywhere...if it takes longer than that it should be Disney's problem..not yours...anyway..it all worked out. I loved that turkey sandwich too...I got the kids' one when I was there though...not sure if it's any different (other than in size) from the adult version...but it was good too! Your slush looked so refreshing...so did the fountain when you had your picture in front of it...looks like it would have been tempting to just jump in lol

It was stressful! We were starting to freak out but thankfully everything worked out okay! The turkey sandwich was so good!! I'm drooling just thinking about getting it again!! LOL. Yes these days were so hot! The pool was very refreshing when we got back to POR.

Looks like a fun day! Epcot MK and more Epcot. I have done BOG for both lunch and dinner and have loved them both but liked dinner better because you get to meet the beast. I had the turkey sandwich when we went and really liked it as well. It also looks like you guys had a great time in world showcase.

When I was looking at the dinner menu I didn't know if I was going to like anything since I'm a very picky eater. I was a little hesitant for lunch too but the Turkey was so good, so next time I will have to try dinner too!!

When you update, you really update!

I love your fun pictures on Spaceship Earth.

That wasn't very nice of the CM at BOG. I had to cancel a reservation the day of because my friend who was joining me last Wednesday had flight issues and didn't get in on time. They told me I would not be charged...that they understood. Your CM should have been the same way. I'm going to guess you didn't get charged.

Your sandwiches look wonderful...have no idea what I will have there when we go in July.

Beautiful pictures in Canada of the pavilion. I saw those lumberjacks and just kept on walking. I wasn't an Off Kilter fan, but Disney is just making too many changes too fast.

All of your photopass pictures are wonderful.

Yay for another pearl in Japan.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your dinner at Teppan Edo (spoiler alert: we did too last week!).

I kind of went on a crazy updating spree! I will try to slow it down, it made it hard for people to follow along. Also slowing down will help to make my report last longer!!

The CM at BOG was rude! I knew that we would have to wait because we were late and I explained that to her, but she was still rude. I did not get charged so that was good. It wasn't even busy when we got there (at least the outside wasn't) so I'm not sure why she was so uptight!

Thanks! Teppan Edo was good! I can't wait to go back there, hopefully with a big group!

Oh boy, that is definitely one major downside of WDW... transportation. Especially when it involves Magic Kingdom.
Glad everything worked out in the end.

This is just awesome. Epcot for a bit... pop over to MK for lunch... back to Epcot. :cloud9:

Lovely photo with Sven and Sken!!

:love:

I must say, Canadia sure is pretty. But UGH that lumberjack show. I kinda hate that people seem to like it, lol.

I have the EXACT same rule. Of course since it's my rule I'm allowed to break it.

That's actually pretty cool. But it does make me giggle that in your photos the audience appears to 60+. :laughing:

It was a major downside, but I wanted to try BOG SO BAD that I had to try to make it work, and in the end it did!

Haha Sken and Sven!!!! I didn't even think about that!

Yeah, I didn't really get the Lumberjack show.. Surely there is something else they can do there.

Them oldies love them some En Vogue! LOL.

I sympathize with Sken. It's hard to get pics of those monkeys!

I can't make out the baby gorilla in your photos, it must be so small. Aww. :goodvibes

Until now I was never interested in Ohana for dinner but it's one of my must dos for next trip. The meal looks great and so does the Poly.

Aww! :love:

I'm sorry you had to wait so long for a bus but it sounds like you had a lovely evening.

It was hard to get pictures of the monkeys haha!

It was small, but also wrapped all up in the arms. I still find it hard to find the baby.

I would recommend Ohana!!! You have to try it!

All caught up! Looks like more fun had ensued.

Thanks for continuing to follow along!

You had me really nervous when you were trying to make your BOG lunch! Glad you were still able to eat there even though you were late. I love that Turkey sandwich!

Sounds like a fun afternoon eating and drinking around WS, I enjoyed all of the photos. So did you ever find Chip? I'm guessing that since you had photos of him you eventually did.

We were really nervous trying to make it! LOL. That Turkey...SO GOOD lol. I want it right now!!

Ahh the next updates will reveal more about the mug!

Finally caught up. I am really enjoying reading about your trip!

Thanks! Glad you're following along!

Woowza! this is a huge update!!! there is so much to comment on.. But alas i didn't take notes...
I loved ALL your pictures! especially the photobomb with Sven!!! How funny!!! all the topiaries are so pretty!!!
ah I am trying so hard to get into Teppan Edo now..
I wanna see what you did with the pearls too!
Oh BOG.. is there anything better!?!?

I know it was a huge update... I am going to slow them down so that people will be able to follow along and not be bombarded.

Thanks, they were really pretty! I have some more good pictures to share too!

YOU WILL GET TEPPAN EDO!!!!!

I don't know how I missed these last updates. Your Epcot day does sound a lot like ours!

I missed those Butterfly topiaries. Dang it! I was trying to get pictures of all of them. :laughing:

That stinks about the transportation to MK but I'm glad you were able to get right in. You didn't end up being charged, did you?

I love your PP pictures especially the one with Sven!

So did you find the mug?

So funny! It's like reading about our day in reverse! LOL.

The butterfly ones were right outside of Spaceship Earth.

We were not charged! I was thankful for that!

Update on the mug to come!

Hey everyone! Hope all is well with each of you! I have some time between today and tomorrow so I am slowly going to start updating our last park day at Disney. I am going to slow it down a bit so that people are able to follow along. I went a little crazy updating so I will scale it back.

Thanks for following along!!!

Day Nine- Last Park Day
Part One

So today was our last day in the World and we still had so much that we wanted to do! We made a plan for a very busy day to try to hit everything we had missed up until this point!

So we started the day by heading off to MGM to ride a certain roller coaster that we had missed the other day that we were here! We got on the bus and got to the park right around opening. We were making good time!

We got right through bag check and strutted right up to the turnstiles..

3fQpNxD.gif

And we got red Mickey heads!

unnamed-111.gif

Ummm..... We were sent over to Guest Services to get it check out.

Well for those of you who followed along on the PTR you might remember that I said I only got 7 day hoppers. This was our 8th day trying to get into Disney. Haha ooooopssssss. So we waited and waited for Guest Service and we had to purchase another day of hoppers. Since it was all connected to our reservation, we only had to pay a whopping $21 total.

19_thank.gif

Okay!! We were NOW on our way into the park! Minor heart attack averted, we finally got to go right in! We had some time before our RnRC FP so we decided to go on another ride. We headed back towards the Chinese Theater and stopped for a PP

We got in line for the Great Movie Ride and only had to wait about 20ish minutes. When we were about to get into the ride vehicle, they told us, "We have two seats, but they aren't next to each other. Is that okay or do you want to wait?" We had a FP to make, so we sat in separate seats. I really wish we had waited, but I hated being put on the spot like that. Oh well, no biggie. Into the movies we went!

We got the Cowboy Scene!!

After our little adventure, and shedding a tear for Robin Williams at the end, we headed off towards Sunset Blvd. We were ready to head to the concert!!

Before long we were boarding the Limo and going to the concert with out Home Town Boys!!

Again, Sken had his eyes closed....

Man I love this ride!! I wish we had done it more than once, but with the crazy crowds and the stupid FP tier system, we just couldn't make it work.

After that lovely ride we decided to take in a show. Our other two FPs that we had for this day was for the Indiana Jones Stunt Show and Lights Motor Action show. These were all Sken's pics. It was time for the IJ show, so we filed in with our FP. We got decent seats, but I'm not sure the FP was needed. I hadn't seen this show in a LONG time, and Sken was really looking forward to it.

We both enjoyed it. After this show was done, I wanted to go try something that I had never done before and that I knew Sken would love.. Animation Academy! Sken went to school for graphic design, and has always been good at drawing so I though he would really enjoy it. The line was a tad long, but we decided to wait. We were let into the room, but we were the last two let in. We got stuck on the bench in the back with the lap boards. Sken was pretty upset about it, he wanted a light table. I found out later that he was under the impression that the light tables had the actual drawing on them and you only had to trace it. I told him this wasn't the case and he felt better about it.

We got to draw Dug from Up! It was so much fun! We both enjoyed it and we are trying to figure out what to do with our drawings.

After we left Animation Academy, we looked around the shop and then decided to head out. We stopped at the new Starbucks and got drinks, then discussed the rest of the day. We had a FP for LMA but it wasn't for another few hours, and we still had so much we wanted to get done. We decided to forgo the show and head out. On the way out, we stopped in the stores to check for the Chip mug, to no avail. I did however take a picture with a GIANT STUFFY to show @Chicago Mo and her kiddies!

After taking the picture I proceeded to do this:

28597-Its-so-fluffy-gif-HpQW.gif

So we left the park and headed to our next stop. Where would we go next??

Wow...that must have been a bit stressful showing up and having your MB's not work at the park entrance...good thing it wasn't too hard to sort out!!! A fun morning so far...curious to see what's next!

#1 i hate reading last days.. i jut despise it. :(

i would have been freaking out too if Mickey turned red!!! Holy Cow I would have thought Did i do something wrong am i being banned? UGH that's terrible. BUT so GLAD it was rectified! PHEW!!!
YAY for cowboy.. But was Sken sitting right in front of you? I hope you were at least able to sit near each other!!!
Yep i cry too with Robin Williams.. It still breaks my heart...

I did however take a picture with a GIANT STUFFY to show @Chicago Mo and her kiddies!

OMG!!!! THIS is the stitch we came home with!!! I called the midgets in to see this! they all were overjoyed you thought of them.. ME TOO!!! SO AWESOME!!!!!!

Hummm Still no Chip.. I think Kathy said they were recalled? If they have them in November want me to grab one??

Looks like a fun day so far despite the red mickeys glad you got that sorted out quickly.

Animation academy is one of my favorite things! Good job drawing Dug.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter