• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"I almost peed my pants.. and fell out!" March 2015 TR

Day Seven- My very first DIS meet!
Part One

So we're up to day 7. It was Thursday and we were going back to WDW after taking a two day break at US/IoA. If you'll remember the last night we had been in MK before the two day break Sken was a grump!! Well the break did him good because once we got back he was all about WDW and finding things to do. He actually downloaded the MDE app to look up things with me!

However this day also started a not so nice trend for us.. we suddenly became late to everything no matter how hard we tried to get there on time!!

So we were up and ready to head back to AK for an early ADR. It was a before park opening ADR, but with the influx of people trying to get there to make rope drop.. we ended up getting behind and being late. We got through the gate and ran to our ADR, only stopping to take this picture!

And another angle..

The emptiness is amazing and so calming!! I SO wish CP hadn't been ruined for us so I could have this picture except with the castle not the tree but I will take this as an alternative since it was the best I got.

And moving along....to Tusker House! We made it to our ADR pretty quickly after being let into the park, however we were 20 minutes after our scheduled time. I thought they would give me a hard time, but they did not. There was other people there trying to check in and some members of their party had gone to the restroom. The CM wouldn't let them check in until all members had arrived. They didn't like this and kept arguing however the CM nicely told them "oh well!" Well these people were infront of us and then moved aside so we could check in (late!) and while the CM was checking for our ADR their missing member came back and they tried to interrupt the CM to let them in first. RUDE!!

tumblr_mqxnh0EUks1surwt1o1_r1_500.gif

The CM was great though and handled it very well. She let us in and then helped rude lady. Rude lady was early too so I have no clue why she was trying so hard to get in?? ANYWAYS!!

We got up front and they took our dining photo. I wish they still had Donald out here!

We were let in right after that and headed right to the table. Sken had mentioned that he liked the orange juice at CP during our other breakfast, but that he didn't want as much of it this day. And then we sat down and he was poured a glass of the Jungle Juice. He was HOOKED!! He kept asking for more! Our waitress was awesome! I didn't write down any names because I suck at that, but we really liked her!

The characters were right there so we were waiting to take a picture before we got up, well the waitress comes over and whispers that they will be dancing and taking a break so we have plenty of time to go up and grab some food. She was right, so that was awesome! We would have been waiting for a while if we had waited!!

Soon the characters were coming around!

When Daisy came by Sken was up grabbing some food so he missed her. The attendant had rounded the corner to warn the other tables that she was coming, so we decided to take a selfie!

Last but certainly not least.. the big cheese himself!

When we were sitting eating, I looked over at the table next to us and locked eyes with someone that looked familiar! Turns out it was @francis6306 ! We both jumped up and said hi and hugged. We had been following each others PTRs and were both in the March 2015 FB group! We knew we'd be at AK at the same time, but ended up at breakfast at the same time since Sken and I were late! It was awesome meeting her! We took a picture, because you know what they say, picture or it didn't happen!

It was so nice meeting you Christen!

I forgot to mention this earlier.. We had a FP for the safari this morning after breakfast, however since we did it twice on our impromptu trip days earlier, we decided to switch it for Kali River Rapids. We decided to do that later in the day because we knew it would be hot and we would want to cool down.

So after our great breakfast, we decided to check the wait for EE. One the walk over, we stopped for a PP.

We then continued on to EE..

Part Two

So when we got to EE the wait was only a half hour. (I know some of you read that and said "ONLY?!" but with the spring break crowds, that was a pretty good wait.) We took some pictures along the way.

When we were getting up to the front I was hoping that Sken wouldn't look at the warning signs. With luck, he didn't. So when we boarded the ride, he had no idea that we were going to be going backwards! It was SO funny! We got up to the broken tracks and he looks at me and goes "No way!!" I just giggled and said YUP! We got a pretty good ride photo too!

I think he was whistling?? I'm not sure.. he always had weird faces in these pictures! I had to soon start telling him where the cameras were so would could get good pictures.

After our ride on EE we headed over to our first FP of the day.. Dinosaur!

We sat in the front row and let me tell you, this ride is much more intense when you are in the front row!! You can tell we think this by our faces in the ride photo! LOL

We also got a kick out of the guy behind me because he is wearing a Red Sox shirt!!

After our prehistoric ride, we decided to keep it B.C. and head over to Chester and Hester's. Sken wanted to try his hand at some games. We bought the tickets and first did the water squirt race game. I am usually awesome at this game, but someone else won. I beat Sken though so that was good! After that game we went over to the one where you roll balls to race horses. This apparently is a good game for me too because I won! I picked out a pink dino and we were going to give it to a kid at some point but I forgot so we brought her home to Tessie. She would have been better off with a child though because Tess tore her apart in seconds! LOL.

We decided to hit up the trails at this point, something Sken really wanted to do, so we headed back that way, stopping for EE photopass pictures!!

We decided on the Maharajah Jungle Trek first! I had never done either Trek and I can't believe I hadn't because we enjoyed both of these!!

maharajah_jungle_trek_map_back.jpg

First stop was the Komodo Dragon!

Then we went to see the bats. In here was also a little lizard that Sken got some good pictures of!

Then of course he had to get pictures of the bats! He is a huge Batman fan after all!!

We kept on walking and came upon the Tigers. The tiger kept circling so he was hard to catch but Sken was able to get some good shots!!

We continued on to the bird hut.

They started to get a little too close for comfort a la:
bird-attack-o.gif

so we moved on!!

Where would we go from here??

What a great breakfast!! So cool that you had a surprise Dis MEET!!! Love it!!! Also, I had no idea there were monthly FB groups like that...I should go check if there's one around yet for our October trip...so cool!! I love your picture with Donald!!!

We got through the gate and ran to our ADR, only stopping to take this picture!

That's a great shot! We definitely need to do Tusker House breakfast the next time we go.

I SO wish CP hadn't been ruined for us so I could have this picture except with the castle not the tree but I will take this as an alternative since it was the best I got.

I won't go into much detail because I'll post more in my TR but we didn't have a good experience with pre-opening CP either. I think you were much better off at AK.

The CM was great though and handled it very well. She let us in and then helped rude lady. Rude lady was early too so I have no clue why she was trying so hard to get in??

I saw a lot of entitled guests, too. I think the CMs handle it so well.

It was so nice meeting you Christen!

Yay! How cool you had a DIS meet.

So after our great breakfast, we decided to check the wait for EE. One the walk over, we stopped for a PP.

I love these pics! We didn't get to stop at this spot because Sammy was having one of his tantrums when we went past it. :laughing:

We sat in the front row and let me tell you, this ride is much more intense when you are in the front row!! You can tell we think this by our faces in the ride photo! LOL

Oh, wow. I'm so glad we got the back row. :rotfl:

We also got a kick out of the guy behind me because he is wearing a Red Sox shirt!!

I saw so many Red Sox and Patriots shirts and hats.

We decided to hit up the trails at this point, something Sken really wanted to do, so we headed back that way, stopping for EE photopass pictures!!

These are great, too.

They started to get a little too close for comfort a la:

:laughing: It was crazy in there. They were dive bombing my head. :scared1:

Day Seven - My very first DIS meet!
Part Three

So when we left the Trek, it was a little before our FP window for EE. We walked back towards EE and stopped to see the monkeys! We had walked by here a few times and they would be in good positions and as soon as Sken would grab his camera they would book it! By the end of the day he was convinced they were doing it on purpose!

After that we found some shade to sit in and wait. This little break was nice. It was such a good idea to start taking these breaks. I know for sure when we go back I need to try to schedule more time for these throughout the day. Soon it was time and we were off to ride EE again. This time I told Sken where the camera was and we decided to pose!

The girl in the back looks like she is trying to escape! LOL.

From here we decided to go do the other trail, the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail!

ls.jpg

At the front of the trail were monkeys! Sken had another interaction that was awesome. He really wanted to get a good picture and we stood there for a good amount of time for him to get one. Well this guy came over, and sat with his back to us. After a few he spun and put his feet on the fence. Then he swung back and .. did something extremely inappropriate for a male monkey to do (well any male really, especially in front of a crowd!!) . That's all I will say. Then he laughed and ran away again. Sken and I couldn't stop laughing!! It was like he was in on the monkeys avoiding Sken plan!

We kept on walking through heading to the Gorillas and taking pictures along the way. Sken was in awe of all the animals, because if you'll remember he had never been to the zoo!!!

Soon we got to the Gorillas!! They were so cute! We were able to see the baby too!! Not sure if you can really see her in the pictures.

I'm glad we did these trails and Sken was too. This was what he was wanting when we did the safari the other day at AK. After these two trails he finally was satisfied so that was good.

We had our final FP for Kali River Rapids! We headed over there and stopped at the bathroom. The day before we rode the barges at IoA and got SOAKED!! So we thought better today and we brought bathingsuit bottoms with us to put on. We didn't care so much about our shirts but the bottoms were awful the day before. So we changed and headed on. This was such a good idea!! We ended up going down the big hill backwards!

We got off and changed back into our dry clothes and decided to head out for the day. We stopped and grabbed a snack on the way out and said goodbye to AK! We took the bus back to our hotel and we were finally able to do something that we hadn't done up til this point!!!

Part Four

I'm on a updating roll today!! So I'm going to finish out the day since I have the time.

When we got back to the hotel we still had quite some time before we had to get ready for dinner, so we threw on our bathing suits and hit the pool!! It was so nice and refreshing!! We swam and sunbathed for about an hour before heading back to the room. We needed that so bad at the time!!

We headed back to the room, showered and got a little fancied up for dinner! Not that we HAD to, but because I wanted to! Soon we were taking the bus to MK and the boat to a resort I had never been to.. THE POLY!! We had our dinner at Ohana planned for this night! We made sure to leave early so we would make it on time. We did get there in time, in fact we got there super early! So we decided to check out the resort and gift shop before going to check in!

At the gift shop Sken took after @KatMark 's Mark and tried on some hats!

Before long we got to check in and we found a seat. Sken went to the bar to get us drinks. He was gone for a long time and then came back empty handed. He told me that while he was standing there with a bunch of other people waiting, a bride pushed her way up to the bar and ordered drinks for her entire wedding party which was about 17 people!! I know that a wedding is a very special time but they should have had a tender just for them so it didn't hold up the whole bar! He ended up going back and finally getting a drink and soon after we were called for dinner, about a half hour/45 minutes after our ADR time.

We were lead to our table and introduced to our cousin. I wish I could remember his name because he was AMAZING!! He kept explaining the menu to Sken and saying "It's to die for.. but don't fill up on that because you have this coming, which is also to die for.. but don't fill up on that either!" Throughout dinner he'd come by and whisper in Sken's ear, "I hope your not filling up!"

I ordered a drink that I finally got to try.. the Lapu Lapu! It was SO GOOD!!

Our cousin came with food, and then with the skewers. He gave Sken shrimp first, then started to gather some for me, when I told him no thank you. He asked if I was allergic or just didn't like them, I said didn't like them so he turned to Sken and dropped the entire skewer on his plate!!! It must have been 24 shrimp! Sken in his haste, ate the first one with the skin still on it... ick!

Soon it was time for the coconut race! This shows you how good our seats were, right on the isle!

The castle from a distance!

We were able to see the electrical water parade from our seats!

Soon it was time. The time I had been waiting for all night! I had a pretty clear view of the castle so I just sat back and watched Wishes. They dimmed the lights and the music started. At one point I noticed BF staring at me and I could have sworn he took a picture.. but when I asked him what he was looking at he replied "I don't think I've ever seen you so happy!" It was just such a great moment, and one of my favorites of the whole trip!

Some videos

We ate our delicious dessert while watching Wishes and then when it was over it was time to head back for the night. This meal was my favorite over all of the whole trip.

When we were walking out of the restaurant we saw droves of people coming in soaking wet and wearing ponchos. Turns out it was down pouring!! This was the moment that I knew it was the right decision to switch the Luau to Ohana because the people leaving the Luau looked miserable and wet!

Since it was pouring, we opted to take the monorail back to MK instead of a boat. We had a nice ride back and soon were heading to the bus stops.. WITH EVERYONE ELSE. The rain cleared out MK and all surrounding areas. There had to have been 10-15 buses that filled before it was our turn to get onto a full bus. We were exhausted by this point! We got on the bus and rode back "home."

When we got back to the room, I took my snapshot and we crashed almost immediately. Tomorrow we were off to an area that Sken was really looking forward to exploring!!

Ahh Day Seven completed!! Only two more park days and going home day left to update!

Looks like a great day at AK! That's so cool you got your dis meet. I love Tusker house it's a favorite for me. You can never go wrong with EE either that's always a blast. I've never done dinner at the poly but I've done breakfast and that was great. Dinner does look like a good time tho and is on my list of to dos at Ohanas. Can't wait to hear about more adventures.

Great update!! Your O'hana dinner sounds fantastic and to be able to watch Wishes from there must have been amazing! The crowds after...notsomuch...but worth it I'm sure!!

Oh my, The Tree of Life looks spectacular. I guess all the walls around it paid off.

I'm not big on ADR's but I would make an exception for character meals. They just seem like so much fun.

That's so awesome Casey!!! DISmeets are fun, but unplanned DISmeets may be the best.

So glad you took time on the trails. They really do house some fantastic exhibits. Looks like you got some nice views on both which is great because they can really be hit and miss.

"I don't think I've ever seen you so happy!"

That was beautiful.:sad:

Holy updates batman!!!
Let's hope i remember EVERYTHING! HA! if you read my report from Sept. you will see we did the Africa marathon too! LOL we had to BOOK it over! BUT you ave an AMAZING picture of the tree!!! I would hang that for sure!

we suddenly became late to everything no matter how hard we tried to get there on time!!

I know this feeling!!! thankfully we had a car!

Rude lady was early too so I have no clue why she was trying so hard to get in??

hate this.. I just can't stand rude people!!! your in Disney you rat!!! BE HAPPY!!

I wish they still had Donald out here!

Me too...

You do realize Sken has Mickey ears in this picture right???

We took a picture, because you know what they say, picture or it didn't happen!

AWESOME!!! Isn't dis meets the BEST???

We stopped and grabbed a snack on the way out and said goodbye to AK!

Please tell me you got a Jalapeno Pretzel?!?!

Sken in his haste, ate the first one with the skin still on it... ick!

YUCK! but oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh the poly.. how i love thee... I hope you loved Ohana as much as we do!!!

We were able to see the electrical water parade from our seats!

OH MY GOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

"I don't think I've ever seen you so happy!" It was just such a great moment, and one of my favorites of the whole trip!

i honestly teared up at this...

Jim and I thoroughly enjoyed Diagon Alley when we were there in February!

What a bummer that you had to pay a cover to get into Pat O'Briens and then it was so crowded. I've thought about eating there before but the menu just doesn't appeal to me.

That's too bad that the crowds were so huge on your second day at Universal. We stayed at the Hard Rock which gave us unlimited express pass. That was a wonderful perk.

Yay for a bonus dinner at T-Rex! That is one of the few restaurants I have yet to try at WDW (well at least the ones I will eat at with my pickyness) that is still on my list to do.

Sounds like a yummy breakfast at Tusker House and you got some great character photos.

I didn't think 1/2 hour sounded bad for EE, I've seen it worse than that.

Cute pink dinosaur. :rotfl: Mom and I won turtles in that area last year and we did end up giving them to some kids.

I enjoyed all of your animal photos. I can spend hours on those two trails.

Dinner at O'Hana sounds interesting but the food just does not appeal to me (that darn pickyness thing again) so I doubt I will ever eat there. But seeing Wishes from there must have been an amazing experience!

What a great breakfast!! So cool that you had a surprise Dis MEET!!! Love it!!! Also, I had no idea there were monthly FB groups like that...I should go check if there's one around yet for our October trip...so cool!! I love your picture with Donald!!!

Thanks! It was so cool to look over and recognize her! Any luck finding a FB group?

That's a great shot! We definitely need to do Tusker House breakfast the next time we go.

I won't go into much detail because I'll post more in my TR but we didn't have a good experience with pre-opening CP either. I think you were much better off at AK.

I saw a lot of entitled guests, too. I think the CMs handle it so well.

Yay! How cool you had a DIS meet.

I love these pics! We didn't get to stop at this spot because Sammy was having one of his tantrums when we went past it. :laughing:

Oh, wow. I'm so glad we got the back row. :rotfl:

I saw so many Red Sox and Patriots shirts and hats.

These are great, too.
:laughing: It was crazy in there. They were dive bombing my head. :scared1:

That sucks about CP! We were much better off at AK

They do handle it well, those CMs are great!

LOL about the back row! We saw a bunch of Red Sox/Pats stuff. We were wearing some too! LOL I think because of the nasty winter we had we all escaped to FL!

Yikes! Damn birds!!

Looks like a great day at AK! That's so cool you got your dis meet. I love Tusker house it's a favorite for me. You can never go wrong with EE either that's always a blast. I've never done dinner at the poly but I've done breakfast and that was great. Dinner does look like a good time tho and is on my list of to dos at Ohanas. Can't wait to hear about more adventures.

It was a great day. I'm glad we were able to go back and do everything we wanted to do! We both really enjoyed Tusker House too!! Ohana is high on my list now, I would definitely recommend it!

Great update!! Your O'hana dinner sounds fantastic and to be able to watch Wishes from there must have been amazing! The crowds after...notsomuch...but worth it I'm sure!!

Thanks! It was worth it! I'm sure the crowds wouldn't normally be so bad, but the rain cleared everyone out. We should have gone into MK I'm sure the wait times were nonexistent!

Oh my, The Tree of Life looks spectacular. I guess all the walls around it paid off.

I'm not big on ADR's but I would make an exception for character meals. They just seem like so much fun.

That's so awesome Casey!!! DISmeets are fun, but unplanned DISmeets may be the best.

So glad you took time on the trails. They really do house some fantastic exhibits. Looks like you got some nice views on both which is great because they can really be hit and miss.

That was beautiful.:sad:

Thanks! It's funny I didn't notice how good the Tree of Life looked until looking back at my pictures. We were in such a hurry to get to Tusker House that I wasn't paying very close attention.

I would definitely recommend Tusker House if you were going to make one!

They really are!! I was so happy to finally have a DISmeet! I hope this will only spark many more!

Aw thanks! I got all sappy thinking about it and typing it all out! And that wasn't even the best one!!

Holy updates batman!!!
Let's hope i remember EVERYTHING! HA! if you read my report from Sept. you will see we did the Africa marathon too! LOL we had to BOOK it over! BUT you ave an AMAZING picture of the tree!!! I would hang that for sure!

I know this feeling!!! thankfully we had a car!

hate this.. I just can't stand rude people!!! your in Disney you rat!!! BE HAPPY!!

Me too...

You do realize Sken has Mickey ears in this picture right???

AWESOME!!! Isn't dis meets the BEST???

Please tell me you got a Jalapeno Pretzel?!?!

YUCK! but oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh the poly.. how i love thee... I hope you loved Ohana as much as we do!!!

OH MY GOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

i honestly teared up at this...

I know the updates were unreal! But I had the time so I wanted to get them all out!

Mickey ears!!! How funny that you noticed!

I did not get a Jalapeno pretzel, I got popcorn. I can't remember what Sken got..

We did love Ohana!!! I can't wait to do it again! The view was awesome! I'm so glad we were close to the window!

I teared up just writing it and re-living it!!

Jim and I thoroughly enjoyed Diagon Alley when we were there in February!

What a bummer that you had to pay a cover to get into Pat O'Briens and then it was so crowded. I've thought about eating there before but the menu just doesn't appeal to me.

That's too bad that the crowds were so huge on your second day at Universal. We stayed at the Hard Rock which gave us unlimited express pass. That was a wonderful perk.

Yay for a bonus dinner at T-Rex! That is one of the few restaurants I have yet to try at WDW (well at least the ones I will eat at with my pickyness) that is still on my list to do.

Sounds like a yummy breakfast at Tusker House and you got some great character photos.

I didn't think 1/2 hour sounded bad for EE, I've seen it worse than that.

Cute pink dinosaur. :rotfl: Mom and I won turtles in that area last year and we did end up giving them to some kids.

I enjoyed all of your animal photos. I can spend hours on those two trails.

Dinner at O'Hana sounds interesting but the food just does not appeal to me (that darn pickyness thing again) so I doubt I will ever eat there. But seeing Wishes from there must have been an amazing experience!

I didn't really like to menu either but I knew I could find something to eat. It was such a disappointment!

The crowds were crazy! I'm so glad we got most of what we wanted to do done on day one!!

T-Rex was awesome!! So was Tusker House!!

Thats awesome! I just noticed too that you can see the pink dino on our second EE pic! LOL

I am wicked picky and I enjoyed the food at Ohana. I tried a little of everything, but filled up on the bread, salad, and steak. I normally LOVE chicken but they used the thighs and I don't like dark meat. But I was able to eat enough to be full. Or maybe it was drank enough to be full.... LOL! I also ate the crap out of the dessert!

Thanks! It was so cool to look over and recognize her! Any luck finding a FB group?

The crowds were crazy! I'm so glad we got most of what we wanted to do done on day one!!

I am wicked picky and I enjoyed the food at Ohana. I tried a little of everything, but filled up on the bread, salad, and steak. I normally LOVE chicken but they used the thighs and I don't like dark meat. But I was able to eat enough to be full. Or maybe it was drank enough to be full.... LOL! I also ate the crap out of the dessert!

I actually did find a FB group and joined...it's fun DIS'ing on there too - it's weird though because people use different names so I can't tell if anyone that I "know" in here are the same people I'm seeing on FB...if that makes any sense lol...but I can always use more places to chat about Disney...some of the posts I feel like saying "see the DIS" lol they have answered that a thousand times lol.

Glad you shared about the food at O'hana...I want to go there with DD but...I'm not sure she'd handle the food well...although probably like you, she'd get enough with the bread and steak..

Phew....caught up. But way too much for me to comment on.

Great pictures on your last day at the dark side.

Sorry you were late for breakfast, but glad you got there and they let you in with no problem. And then an unexpected DIS meet too. Great pics with the characters.

You didn't tell Sken it went backwards. I would have had to hurt you if you hadn't told me.

How fun you won a pink dinosaur.

And another ride on EE. And look at Sken posing...I love it.

Spoiler alert...we got first row on Dinosaur too. Oh my.

Nice job on the hat trying on. :thumbsup2

Glad you had such a great view of Wishes. If I could go back for dessert for Mark and Wishes, I would (but not for the food).

I actually did find a FB group and joined...it's fun DIS'ing on there too - it's weird though because people use different names so I can't tell if anyone that I "know" in here are the same people I'm seeing on FB...if that makes any sense lol...but I can always use more places to chat about Disney...some of the posts I feel like saying "see the DIS" lol they have answered that a thousand times lol.

Glad you shared about the food at O'hana...I want to go there with DD but...I'm not sure she'd handle the food well...although probably like you, she'd get enough with the bread and steak..

I had that problem at first too! But it is fun to be part of a group. Ours had a group hashtag too so we could all share pictures while we were there which was awesome too!

Yes, she would most likely find something. I am one of the pickiest eaters ever and I found something, LOL!

FOR SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet.. What a sweet sweet sentiment!!! :lovestruc

Yeah we are cute like that!!

Phew....caught up. But way too much for me to comment on.

Great pictures on your last day at the dark side.

Sorry you were late for breakfast, but glad you got there and they let you in with no problem. And then an unexpected DIS meet too. Great pics with the characters.

You didn't tell Sken it went backwards. I would have had to hurt you if you hadn't told me.

How fun you won a pink dinosaur.

And another ride on EE. And look at Sken posing...I love it.

Spoiler alert...we got first row on Dinosaur too. Oh my.

Nice job on the hat trying on. :thumbsup2

Glad you had such a great view of Wishes. If I could go back for dessert for Mark and Wishes, I would (but not for the food).

Thanks for catching up Kathy!! Haha to the front row of Dinosaur. It really is a change and much more intense.

He really liked EE so that was good. He's into those types of rides so I knew it was okay to not tell me. I have to laugh too at your comment!

this made me giggle..

A Lot

Haha I did too!!

I have some time today so I think I will get to day 8. Should have a few updates done! WOOHOO, Happy Friday!

Day 8- Eating and Drinking around the World!
Part One

We decided that today we would be exploring EPCOT. Sken really wanted an entire day to explore the countries and take it all in, even though I told him we really didn't need that long. This day happened to be the day that I was able to snag a BOG lunch ADR. For those who didn't follow the PTR I was really looking forward to getting the secret FP for BOG lunch and they discontinued it about a week before my day to do it would have been. So I woke up super early the day the ADR service was opened and was able to get a lunch ADR for this day only, even though we weren't planning on being at MK. I figured we would be able to just pop over to MK by ways of the Monorail and then come back. That was the plan..

We got to EPCOT around 9ish, a little after opening. We had to play around with our FP to fit everything in so our first FP was for Spaceship Earth!

We got stuck quite a few times on the ride, no idea why, but it was much longer then usual due to being stuck. We also got an email and call from our Loan agent while on the ride trying to schedule the close on the refinance for the day after we got home. At the end though we got to laugh at our futures!

And as usual Sken had his eyes closed..

From there we headed to our next ride. We didn't have a FP but the lines were short so we headed onto Mission Space! Now I have never done this ride so I didn't know if I was going to like it or be able to handle it. So we decided to try Green to see how it was. It was okay but I really didn't like being crammed in there. When we were done Sken really wanted to try Orange so he went back on and I sat it out. The wait time for Orange read 15 right outside the ride, but it ended up being close to 40.

So when Sken got off he was worried about making our ADR to BOG. We had a FP to use for Test Track. We both really wanted to ride but didn't want to be late. We had well over an hour so I though we would be fine. So we decided to go right over to Test Track, ride and then go to MK via Monorail. I had done the new TT on a FP before, but when I did it we didn't go through the design studio. This time we did. It took FOREVER!! But we were still making okay time. We were sat with a single rider who was annoying but the little kid in the row infront of us was having a blast so it was really cute!

When we were done riding, we hurried towards the front of the park. I did stop to take some pictures of the topiaries though!

We got to the front of the park and out and headed towards the monorail ramp, only to be stopped by a sign saying it was down. UGH okay, we'll take the bus. We still had about an hour to get to BOG. We got a bus that took us to the TTC. We then had to figure out which method to get to MK. We opted for the Monorail because the ferry line was huge. Well we couldn't see it but the monorail line was huge too! We got on the third one that came by.

When we finally pulled up to MK it was time for our ADR. We tried to rush down the ramp and into the park, but had to stop at bag check and a ferry had come in at the same time. After we were finally in, we had to fight our way down Main Street and around the castle to get to BOG. We were late.

I checked in the CM and she reminded me that we were past the cushion time. I told her that I knew and that we would wait, but I asked about getting charged. It was not our fault that the monorail was down and we left with plenty of time to get there. I didn't mind waiting but I did NOT want to get charged! She basically told me she had no control over it and didn't know if I would or not. She then told us we had to head down the line and wait at the door and that she had no idea how long that wait was going to be. We were kind of bummed but we wanted to go in so bad!!

The wait????

NOTHING!! We got down the line and a CM lead us right into the
restaurant! We had the option to order ahead of time, but Sken never knows what he is going to be in the mood for, so we opted to order there. I ordered the Turkey sandwich and Sken ordered the Roast Beef sandwich! We also got the Grey Stuff, because, well, obviously!

We took a seat in the Grand Ballroom because the place was pretty full. I didn't care though because I was so happy to be in there!!

The food was AMAZING!! Oh I could eat that sandwich everyday!! I was in Heaven! I got nervous thinking we weren't going to be able to get in, or that we would be waiting a long time to get in but it all worked out! The Pixiedust was on my side that day!!

After lunch we walked around and I took a bunch of pictures!

We were full and happy. We were done at MK and heading back to EPCOT to finish out day out there.

Day 8- Eating and Drinking Around the World!
Part Two

So we had just eaten at BOG and loved every minute of it!! We were heading back to EPCOT to start our exploration of the countries! The monorail from MK to the TTC was down, so we opted for the ferry ride!

Soon we were back at EPCOT and heading towards the countries to explore!!

We stopped on our way to WS and took some PP with Anna and Elsa!

We decided to start this trek at Canadia! (Rob :thumbsup2) I have always started at Mexico so this was new for me too! We stopped at the beer cart and got a La Fin Du Monde. It was light and refreshing. We looked around the pavilion and shops!

They were having a lumberjack contest! There was a big crowd so it was hard to see but we watched for a few minutes.

Soon we were checking out The United Kingdom.

Sken went into Rose and Crown and got a Guinness and I stole the beer from Canada. We continued our way around and stopped for some more PPs.

Continued next post.

Day 8- Eating and Drinking Around the World!
Part Three

I forgot to mention our huge run around that ensued! So the day we checked into the hotel, we went into the gift shop and I saw the Chip mug! I knew that I wanted it, but we have a "rule" that we don't buy souvenirs on the first day in case you change your mind and don't want it. The mug in question:

27855f66de3ed5f3438ef24e5897ca8b.jpg

Well I wanted it and mentioned it to Sken so we were on the hunt. Any gift shop we saw we looked for this mug. We had checked at the hotel and they said that they had a bunch in the back but couldn't sell them and were sending them to one of the big stores so to check them out. We checked the Emporium on our way out of MK and to EPCOT. We figured we would check EPCOT while we were there, and in France!

Okay back to the regularly scheduled TR..

We headed into France and took another PP in front of the Beauty and the Beast topiaries. Please excuse these pictures, it was about 100 degrees this day and we were HOT.

After taking these we watched the entertainment and I got a drink!

I got the Grey Goose Slush!! It was SO GOOD!!! We decided to check out the place a little more and really look into the stores for the mugs. We were also ducking into the stores and shade because it was so hot out!

After thoroughly enjoying the France Pavilion we headed off to Morocco! We went into Marrakesh and I'm pretty sure Sken got the Casa beer. We then went in to explore!

We stopped at the Morocco food booth and Sken got the Falafel Pocket with Cucumber Tomato Salad and Tahini Sauce. I tried it but wasn't a huge fan. We kept on moving along and our next stop was Japan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter