• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"I almost peed my pants.. and fell out!" March 2015 TR

Wow, I got super far behind again but I'm all caught up now. There was just way too much for me to comment on at this point but I am really enjoying your TR. ::yes::

Day Four - "Don't do that!!!!"
Part Three

So when I last left off we were heading to dinner via many different travel options. For those who guessed incorrectly or not at all.. you could have cheated and looked at the PTR LOL!! :rotfl:

We got ready and headed to the bus stop. From there we hopped on a bus to Magic Kingdom. Once we arrived, we walked over to the docks and waited a short bit for a boat. Before long we were on our way to Fort Wilderness! The scenery on the way was amazing!!

We came up on these people who were out in a rented boat just driving around. They were going SO SLOW and our captain gave them the option to move. He also beeped and made an anouncement over the loud speaker. THEY WOULDN'T MOVE!!! Once we finally got around them, the worker on the other boat just looked at us like :confused3. It was annoying, but funny!

We got to FW before the rest of the family, and the boats ran every half hour so we decided to grab a drink to wait for them. In line for the drink we ended up chatting with two nice woman from New York. After they left, we started chatting with the man behind us who was from Maine. He was nice and we chatted for about 10-15 minutes. After we got drinks we walked around to a table facing the water to drink them and wait. We saw this lady and she started talking to us too. We soon found out she was HAMMERED. Like slurring, about to fall out of her chair, DRUNK. She was married to the nice man we were just chatting with.

We talked to them a little bit more and she ended up going to find a bathroom. They were also going to the same dinner as us and had done it before. They had two small kids who we met, they were really nice. Before long the family arrived and we went to get our before dinner photo!!

We were seeing the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue!

Before long we were lead to our table. We had pretty good seats right in the middle, almost all the way back.

Our waiter was great and we soon got to eating! The food here was amazing!! We really enjoyed the show too!!

We all agreed that this was a show we really liked and would do again! It was very well put together and very funny, and the food was great! The only thing that AT didn't like was that she doesn't drink Beer or Wine/Sangria so she didn't get to take advantage of the unlimited drinks. We did however make up for her not drinking! LOL. :drinking1

From there, Dawn, AT, Myra and Kaden wanted to hit up Magic Kingdom for their last night. Sken was reluctant but we went along. We took the boat back to MK and went right in. Dawn had needed to get something for a friend so we went into one of the shops. The whole Town Square area was packed as the parades were starting. We fought crowds, and spent a bit of time in the shop getting the gift personalized.

From there we had to fight crowds to make it over to Pirates. Sken was not having the late night, tiredness, and crowds. This was where he sort of lost it. At this point we had been to MK four days in a row, and we had barely had a good nights sleep. When we got to Pirates he sat it out. We rode, front row and got soaked! It was like a ride on splash! When he heard that he was completely done for. Dawn and family also wanted to get some last minute souvenirs and Sken did not want to shop, so I decided to bring cranky pants back to the hotel. We said goodbye to the family as this was their last night and headed back.

We had done a lot of walking again this day!

We went right to bed once we got back. We had two days ahead of us that Sken was really looking forward to!! And thankfully for that, he wasn't so grouchy for the rest of the trip! LOL.

The Hoop Dee Doo Revue is something I've always wanted to do but just never have. I've heard so many good things about it. Looks like you've had a great time.

The boat ride looks like a great way to get to FW, I think we will definitely have to try that. Thanks for posting how often it ran, very helpful.

AH, Hoop Dee Doo...it looks like such a fun place! Looks like you all enjoyed it.

I loved the food and the show at Hoop De Doo too...the salad and the dessert were probably my faves...and the sangria lol. Sorry about crankypants lol...it IS hard NOT to overdo it at Disney though!

Before long we were on our way to Fort Wilderness!

damn i was wrong. but a good wrong!!! I am teetering on going to this..

she was HAMMERED.

baaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha I would have been laughing SO HARD..

I can understand sken getting upset. those are some long days.. and i am sure you guys wanted to see some other parks!!! Hope he got the sleep needed!

OK i had to go back and look at your picture on ToT.. the guy next to Sken.. there are no words. Don't know if he is going to puke or poop!

but the lady in front with the stripes?!?! OMGGGGGGGGGGGG Now i have to go back and relook at all my ToT pictures!!!!

Wow, I got super far behind again but I'm all caught up now. There was just way too much for me to comment on at this point but I am really enjoying your TR. ::yes::

No worries! I am trying to do days at a time so I understand! Thanks for reading along, I'm glad your enjoying it!

The Hoop Dee Doo Revue is something I've always wanted to do but just never have. I've heard so many good things about it. Looks like you've had a great time.

We did have a great time! I would highly recommend it! I was thinking it was going to be cheesy going into it, but it really wasn't and all ages at my table enjoyed it so I would do it again for sure!

Now you are getting me even more excited for our trip! :hyper:

Good to know! :thumbsup2

:jumping1: Can it be May yet?!:rotfl:

Do you remember by chance how long after the show it took you to get there?

I'm glad I can get you more excited!

It took roughly half hour to 45 minutes. We had to wait for a boat at the dock and then ride it back. The actual boat ride from FW to MK is 10-15 minutes, then factor in loading and unloading and which boats they are sending. On the way to FW we were on a bigger boat, on the way back to MK at night, it was a smaller boat.

The boat ride looks like a great way to get to FW, I think we will definitely have to try that. Thanks for posting how often it ran, very helpful.

AH, Hoop Dee Doo...it looks like such a fun place! Looks like you all enjoyed it.

It was a great way! I had also called the front desk before we left to ask which way was the best and this is what they suggested. We also took this method a few days later for a different ADR at a differnt resort and it worked well again!

I loved the food and the show at Hoop De Doo too...the salad and the dessert were probably my faves...and the sangria lol. Sorry about crankypants lol...it IS hard NOT to overdo it at Disney though!

YES!! The dessert was amazing, as was the salad and obviously the sangria!

He was done for. I understood it was just kind of a low for us. The family we were with were trying to cram it all in because they were there for just a short time and we had tons of time left so we didn't need to cram. Luckily this was the only time and we were happy the rest of the time!

damn i was wrong. but a good wrong!!! I am teetering on going to this..

baaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha I would have been laughing SO HARD..

I can understand sken getting upset. those are some long days.. and i am sure you guys wanted to see some other parks!!! Hope he got the sleep needed!

OK i had to go back and look at your picture on ToT.. the guy next to Sken.. there are no words. Don't know if he is going to puke or poop!

but the lady in front with the stripes?!?! OMGGGGGGGGGGGG Now i have to go back and relook at all my ToT pictures!!!!

It was so good Mo! You should do it if you haven't!

We were laughing! OMG we were just looking at each other with the look like "Do you see this girl?? OMG she is hammered.. Do you see it? Yeah I see it too...."

HAHAHA yes!! We had more fun looking at the other people in the pictures with us!

She is looking at her husband like "Why the HELL did you bring me on this?!?!?!" HAHAHAHA:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:

So last night I finally downloaded the pictures off of Sken's phone! He had some from AK that I might upload into a separate post. I need those for the next two days updates! So hopefully some time next week I can start the updates on US/IoA.

My parents went away for the week, so we are dog sitting their dog! Tessie is in puppy heaven! She loves having another dog to play with! She will be so tired by the time Dixie leaves.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

I really loved the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue! Unlimited fried chicken, cornbread, ribs, and beer....what's not to like? Oh, and a show, too! Fantastic pics, btw.

Sounds like you did the "family trip" thing the right way, i.e. don't try to hard to do EVERYTHING with the entire group. That's the only way it works, IMO.

Great TR! Keep the updates coming!

Love, love, love the Hoop De Do Revue! Glad you guys had a wonderful time there.

I totally relate to the crankiness at MK. My DH, Jim gets that way there too when there are large crowds. He is not a huge Disney fan and just doesn't get MK. He would rather be in World Showcase over in Epcot.

Ok, fell behind a bit but I'm all caught up now!! :)

I haven't done One Man's Dream either, so it is on my Must Do list for our trip in November. I can understand the crankiness I get like that at times, it just like your body is shutting down and it has had enough! I'm trying to keep that in mind when planning my November trip...I don't want to pack too much in I want to have time to just sit back and enjoy ourselves :)

Oh my that brings back some lovely memories Casey. I rode that boat (well the WL one) so many times and just don't know how I'll live not having that as an option. It is a beautiful ride and the Lodge and Fort are much closer to MK that I had thought.

I actually had my first excursion over to FW and WOW it's big. I didn't go to Hoop De Doo (still haven't done that), but for another classic FW event. But even though I'm not of an ADR person, Hoop De Doo absolutely looks like something I would love. I have never heard a bad review.

Casey, I'm playing catch up since I was ailing last week.

I LOVE the Frozen Sing-Along. Unfortunately, our audience didn't sing much. :( I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I am glad you got on Star Tours after having not been on for a bit.

I love the TOT video...my absolute favorite ride (hope I can ride it next week).

We have never done HDDR...looks like a fun evening.

Sorry Sken was being Grumpy, but you both probably needed the rest.

Late, but following along anyway. You guys are all too cute!

I probably would've crashed hard after HDDR, too! You're troopers for going back to MK after.

I really loved the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue! Unlimited fried chicken, cornbread, ribs, and beer....what's not to like? Oh, and a show, too! Fantastic pics, btw.

Sounds like you did the "family trip" thing the right way, i.e. don't try to hard to do EVERYTHING with the entire group. That's the only way it works, IMO.

Great TR! Keep the updates coming!

Thanks! We loved HDDR too! We really had no choice but to tour that way. This day was the last of it though and we really took the rest of the vacation slow so it was nice.

Will be updating after this!

Love, love, love the Hoop De Do Revue! Glad you guys had a wonderful time there.

I totally relate to the crankiness at MK. My DH, Jim gets that way there too when there are large crowds. He is not a huge Disney fan and just doesn't get MK. He would rather be in World Showcase over in Epcot.

That is really what happened. I push myself to the brink at Disney and Sken just wasn't having it. We did slow down though so things got much better for the rest of the vaca!

Ok, fell behind a bit but I'm all caught up now!! :)

I haven't done One Man's Dream either, so it is on my Must Do list for our trip in November. I can understand the crankiness I get like that at times, it just like your body is shutting down and it has had enough! I'm trying to keep that in mind when planning my November trip...I don't want to pack too much in I want to have time to just sit back and enjoy ourselves :)

Thanks for catching up!

You should TOTALLY do One Man's Dream. I honestly couldn't believe it took me so long to go check it out! I do wish I had factored in more rest time. We should have done a day off or something. Now we know for next time!

Oh my that brings back some lovely memories Casey. I rode that boat (well the WL one) so many times and just don't know how I'll live not having that as an option. It is a beautiful ride and the Lodge and Fort are much closer to MK that I had thought.

I actually had my first excursion over to FW and WOW it's big. I didn't go to Hoop De Doo (still haven't done that), but for another classic FW event. But even though I'm not of an ADR person, Hoop De Doo absolutely looks like something I would love. I have never heard a bad review.

The ride is amazing! So relaxing when you're not worried about running over a family in the way! LOL

I would highly recommend HDDR!!!

Casey, I'm playing catch up since I was ailing last week.

I LOVE the Frozen Sing-Along. Unfortunately, our audience didn't sing much. :( I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I am glad you got on Star Tours after having not been on for a bit.

I love the TOT video...my absolute favorite ride (hope I can ride it next week).

We have never done HDDR...looks like a fun evening.

Sorry Sken was being Grumpy, but you both probably needed the rest.

Hi Kathy! Thanks for catching up! You must be getting so excited for a trip so close!

The TOT video makes me laugh because you can see Myra shaking her head when Sken looks at her to raise her arms LOL.

We did need the rest.. BAD! We got it though this night and it was smooth sailing from here.

Late, but following along anyway. You guys are all too cute!

I probably would've crashed hard after HDDR, too! You're troopers for going back to MK after.

Thanks for following along! I still have so much more to update!!

We really should have crashed!

Very interesting reading. Thanks for posting!

Thanks for following along!!

Things can't always go according to plans! Glad you made it work and had a great time!

Thanks! We did have an amazing time!!

Sorry I haven't gotten to update until now.. I had to upload all the pictures from Sken's phone and sort them all out to be able to get them together. Also work has been the pits this week!! But I am ready now to update!

Also since is doesn't fit in to the next update.. look at this little gem I got off of Sken's phone!

I knew I took a picture with Eeyore! I actually really like this picture!!

Update coming right up!!

Day 5- St. Patrick's Day at Universal/Islands of Adventure!
Part One

Okay so to recap up to this point, we are on day 5. Up to this point, we had been to AK, HS, and EPCOT once each.. and MK 4 times. This was the midway point of our trip.. so to break it up we were headed off to Universal and Islands of Adventure. This was a huge swaying point to get Sken to go on this trip. He had never been, and was really looking forward to it!

So because we were doing this in the middle of our stay.. and I had already splurged for a moderate resort and the basic dining plan, we opted to stay at POR and take a taxi to US. It cost roughly $40 each way so Sken paid one day and I paid the other. The tickets I got online though "Tickets at Work." It was a bit of a discount, but not more than AAA.

At US they do not have a system like FP. They have a special ticket that you can buy if you would like called an "Express pass." Last time I had been with Myra we opted for the Express passes. Since then they changed the way they work. You can either pay $49 per person per day to get on each ride through the express line ONCE for each ride, or you can pay $90 per person per day to get unlimited rides through the express line for the rides that accept it. (The Harry Potter ones do not except Express Passes.) We had already got the park to park tickets (like hoppers) for two days so for us both it was already $351 so we did NOT get the additional express pass. We also didn't buy any ride photos so sorry in advance that we don't have any!!

Okay so we were up semi early and we took a cab to US. The parks opened either at 9 or 10 and we got there shortly after. US/IoA and the boardwalk have one bag check before you can get into the area. This area was so congested both days so Sken went through the no bag line and I met him after waiting. I tried to not travel with a bag because the big rides do not allow bags.. but it was just unavoidable. Soon we were in Citywalk and off to Universal for our first day!

Here is a park map to hopefully give a better perspective.

USF_ParkMap_tcm13-48044.png

Our first ride was one that Sken had been looking forward to for well over a year since he heard they were opening it!! The Transformers ride!

Check out that wait time! We were right on. The theming in the que of this ride is just amazing!! Including the All Spark!

We both really enjoyed this ride. It is a mix of a
vehicle and 3-D projection ride. Sken loved it so much that we turned around and went back on!! After that we checked out the gift-shop and all the cool ride theming. When we walked out of the dump shop, Optimus Prime was out doing pictures!

From there, we walked over to my favorite ride.. the Mummy! This was the first ride we had to deal with the lockers and we didn't have too much trouble. Sken took pictures with his phone, which he was able to bring in and put into the cargo pocket of his shorts so he didn't loose it. These came out kind of dark but still pretty cool!

I just love that ride!! It has a slow start where you go through rooms and hear about the curse, but then you drop and go into a roller coaster section. No matter how many times I ride it, I always forget how intense/fast the roller coaster part goes, but man I just love that ride!

From there we decided to walk around and take in the scenes. US isn't a huge park, so it wasn't long before we were at the next attraction. We did the "Disaster show..staring YOU!" It was okay, but took a bit of time and was nothing fantastic. We both thought it was just okay.

We kept walking around the loop and walked through the area that houses Diagon Alley from HP. We decided that we would do that area last so we kept on walking. Our next ride was Men In Black- Alien Attack! We both really enjoyed this ride, it is similar to Buzz/TSMM where you get a gun and ride on a vehicle that competes with another vehicle to kill the aliens. Pretty fun!

From there we headed into Springfield, home of the Simpsons! First we rode the Simpson's ride. This ride you are raised up and in a vehicle that moves to a screen. It jerks around a lot. Sken really liked the ride, I could honestly take it or leave it. This is the ride entrance.

After our ride, we decided it was time to eat. We decided on the place next door, Moe's Tavern! It looks so much like Moe's Tavern from the show, we really enjoyed it!!

We both had burgers and fries. It was a nice little break. From there we went outside and looked around at all the shops and Springfield souvenirs. We also took some selfies with the Duff beer hedges!

We really enjoyed looking around this area. Sken is a huge fan of the Simpsons show so he especially enjoyed this area. From there we kept on walking..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter